Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: October Update 2021

Comments

• Oh come on you know that I would need a coparision with 2 exact attacks, virtually impossible. If as you say that you are a player mod, why are you fighting so hard to stop the actual facts coming out.
    Ive already asked about the global effects being removed and your reason/excuse wasn't right as I told you, nearly all the players on the forum agree and the same goes for the game so why, we all know its changed. 
    In the global effects if you remove an element that gives extra glory then every similar attack with those defenders id going to be a minus on the glory. I do not see your intention or purpose to keep asking for proof it makes no sense. Are you saying that the original global effects did not include a 50% extra glory for certain defensive troops in the original FC / BC event.
    MY other post did state that I had played in the internediate level first and found a huge difference in losses, troops, and Castellians, which also led to glory being down, which is the same as a lot of players similarly posted. GGE always seems to fall back on the proof element no matter what the complaint and it seems nothing changes.
    Ah well, 2 more distroyed events for the F2P and low spenders, so it will still be the billions of glory for the whales.
    All you would need is to take a castle, put all the numbers into the same old formula that we've always used and you will see that you get the exact same amount of glory. I am all for facts and thus you will never see me support a claim like this that's not backed up by any evidence what so ever. I have openly stated how I feel about the global effects leaving and how it negatively impacts glory but there's nothing wrong with the glory that you get. It's still the same as before.

Glory is still calculated the exact same way as before, multiple factors have changed that have lead to both an increase in glory in one place and perhaps a slight decrease in other areas. I played the event on intermediate +, spent roughly 120k flags and 100k nomad troops and got 700 million glory. I would say that's decent and not too bad given the price.
    Now someone who doesn't spend any money on the game can't hit those numbers, but I don't expect them to and I don't think they should hit those numbers either.
    you guys want us to get moor guys so why is there no super sale during foreing any moor    maybe it would help to get the tikets for the weel  also  since we need the extra wave to beat anything now days   and the glory as being going down . i use to hit a 7 k plus target and get at lease 3 the 4 mil glory now since the update  i attack a 6k plus target  and get only  like 1. some mil never got moor and this is just not right  . good game wants me tospin my money  wich i always did but  whit this i feel that its not wortfit to by anything any moor
  • With regard to the FI/BC update I like the idea about being able to select of castle and not having to hit 100s of pointless castes to get one worth hitting and anyone can now choose how difficult they want to play this event but yes a little disappointed that the glory return seems to have changed from the original format.  However, all things said this is a more enjoyable format
    It hasn't changed though.
    lol.....well I guess that was a beautifully scripted piece of PR.  I did not say that the formula had changed but that the return had changed and now it would seem I was correct.  I started out with Intermediate + to work out how the different options worked and yes the formula may very well have not changed but if you remove or change a game component that affects the formula (as stated on some levels you will lose and on other levels you will gain) how refreshing it would have been to have that answer clearly provided earlier in this thread.  But better late than never I guess :)

Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,564
    Oh come on you know that I would need a coparision with 2 exact attacks, virtually impossible. If as you say that you are a player mod, why are you fighting so hard to stop the actual facts coming out.
    Ive already asked about the global effects being removed and your reason/excuse wasn't right as I told you, nearly all the players on the forum agree and the same goes for the game so why, we all know its changed. 
    In the global effects if you remove an element that gives extra glory then every similar attack with those defenders id going to be a minus on the glory. I do not see your intention or purpose to keep asking for proof it makes no sense. Are you saying that the original global effects did not include a 50% extra glory for certain defensive troops in the original FC / BC event.
    MY other post did state that I had played in the internediate level first and found a huge difference in losses, troops, and Castellians, which also led to glory being down, which is the same as a lot of players similarly posted. GGE always seems to fall back on the proof element no matter what the complaint and it seems nothing changes.
    Ah well, 2 more distroyed events for the F2P and low spenders, so it will still be the billions of glory for the whales.
    All you would need is to take a castle, put all the numbers into the same old formula that we've always used and you will see that you get the exact same amount of glory. I am all for facts and thus you will never see me support a claim like this that's not backed up by any evidence what so ever. I have openly stated how I feel about the global effects leaving and how it negatively impacts glory but there's nothing wrong with the glory that you get. It's still the same as before.

Glory is still calculated the exact same way as before, multiple factors have changed that have lead to both an increase in glory in one place and perhaps a slight decrease in other areas. I played the event on intermediate +, spent roughly 120k flags and 100k nomad troops and got 700 million glory. I would say that's decent and not too bad given the price.
    Now someone who doesn't spend any money on the game can't hit those numbers, but I don't expect them to and I don't think they should hit those numbers either.
    you guys want us to get moor guys so why is there no super sale during foreing any moor    maybe it would help to get the tikets for the weel  also  since we need the extra wave to beat anything now days   and the glory as being going down . i use to hit a 7 k plus target and get at lease 3 the 4 mil glory now since the update  i attack a 6k plus target  and get only  like 1. some mil never got moor and this is just not right  . good game wants me tospin my money  wich i always did but  whit this i feel that its not wortfit to by anything any moor
    The sale isn't tied to an event, it usually starts on fridays and ends on mondays, I reckon it will be back pretty soon.
    edited 17.11.2021
    With regard to the FI/BC update I like the idea about being able to select of castle and not having to hit 100s of pointless castes to get one worth hitting and anyone can now choose how difficult they want to play this event but yes a little disappointed that the glory return seems to have changed from the original format.  However, all things said this is a more enjoyable format
    It hasn't changed though.
    lol.....well I guess that was a beautifully scripted piece of PR.  I did not say that the formula had changed but that the return had changed and now it would seem I was correct.  I started out with Intermediate + to work out how the different options worked and yes the formula may very well have not changed but if you remove or change a game component that affects the formula (as stated on some levels you will lose and on other levels you will gain) how refreshing it would have been to have that answer clearly provided earlier in this thread.  But better late than never I guess :)

I thought that was obvious, my bad. It doesn't help that others were saying that it was identical though, as it clearly wasn't.
  • is there a news if (and at least if) they make back in LTPE and glory event top rewards capacity as before (top 50-100 instead of 10-50) only spenders and their alliance can reach those ranks in peace  also low lvls can't use silver/gold  and build items 
  • Silvius (INT2)Silvius (INT2) INT2 Posts: 8
    edited 18.11.2021
    How are we supposed to calculate before and current glory effect? 

You are saying that now, there are more troops, but weaker, while before troops were less but stronger,
    Are you sure?
    Because now even on intermediate + we have mead troops there, around 5k per castle, they are way stronger, and thats actually big number, before we used to find 7-8k castles max, here you can see an example of my castle at inermediate+

So castle of 7k mead troops, +3,5k old troops, gave me only 3m glory...and how many lost...nomad troops, 5% horsetails
    You said you had good results with nomad troops and horsetails, are those the results you meant? :)
    Also, my commander is if nothing, decent + booster items.
    The way this new event works, is that we can send less hits, and get more glory, but infact we spent more troops, much more. Its challenging, that's good, but troops loss is huge, and after the update where blacksmith cost has changed into 10x time more expensive, sooner or later most of us will run out of flags, unless we keep buying, so tell me, once you ran out of glory flags, 5%, will you really sacrifice your best troops or even mead troops if you reached them, to get few thousand of glory points? Try to think as a non ruby buyer and, if possilbe, give me your answer, thank you for your time.

*Recently I wrote to GGS as well about whole situation, I am not sure about the other servers but INT2 does not look so good, activity dropped in half after already mentioned update where cost of flags/chest got 10x more expensive.
    Ruby buyers will always find a way to get to first places...we will buy more and more if needed, but what can F2P players do now? Produce 1% red flags maybe? 

Post edited by Silvius (INT2) on
  •  
    Ruby buyers will always find a way to get to first places...we will buy more and more if needed, but what can F2P players do now? Produce 1% red flags maybe? 

you may mock that part but it started to be important due to the LTPE 
    but this season (and i bet the next one) won't be worth effort (expect a ticket of aff which is worth 5-10k golds
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 321

You are saying that now, there are more troops, but weaker, while before troops were less but stronger,
    Are you sure?
    Because now even on intermediate + we have mead troops there, around 5k per castle, they are way stronger, and thats actually big number, before we used to find 7-8k castles max, here you can see an example of my castle at inermediate+

So castle of 7k mead troops, +3,5k old troops, gave me only 3m glory...and how many lost...nomad troops, 5% horsetails
    You said you had good results with nomad troops and horsetails, are those the results you meant? :)
    The way this new event works, is that we can send less hits, and get more glory, but infact we spent more troops, much more. Its challenging, that's good, but troops loss is huge, and after the update where blacksmith cost has changed into 10x time more expensive, sooner or later most of us will run out of flags, unless we keep buying, so tell me, once you ran out of glory flags, 5%, will you really sacrifice your best troops or even mead troops if you reached them, to get few thousand of glory points? Try to think as a non ruby buyer and, if possilbe, give me your answer, thank you for your time.

*Recently I wrote to GGS as well about whole situation, I am not sure about the other servers but INT2 does not look so good, activity dropped in half after already mentioned update where cost of flags/chest got 10x more expensive.

Its simple really, the new FL.BC is purely for the spenders as the reality is you need extra waves for each hit and yes loads more troops than a F2P can recruit/buy during nomads. So we are left playing classic which has way better rewards anyway and due to the drop off of players top 100 still reachable...

Are you sure?

Pretty sure this is hard or hard+ and not intermediate but alright.
  • @Poseidon X Angel slightly off topic - can't find the levels required to unlock events - alliance member thought crows would be available as is lvl 36 but has nothing ?
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Lady Iris (US1)Lady Iris (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    Obviously! and it seems to be to lower even more, the glory obtainable from even the lassic castles, why else remove the global effects, and i can understand that as a global effect it would affect all the other versions as well, but GGE have accepted that other versions affects the KL and FC/BC event, so why not leave the global effects as well.
    It also shows that the glory amounts are not the same as it is being said they are, and that there are changes just the huge differences in amounts indicate that, but the lack of global prove it.
    I'd have to agree with Pisky!!!!

"Dear Lords and Ladies,

We will be deactivating the dethroning feature in glory events temporarily.
    This is to allow us to change the way it functions with the new difficulty settings in those events. We hope we will be able to turn this feature on again in the very near future.

Regards,

Your Empire Family"

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!
    Obviously! and it seems to be to lower even more, the glory obtainable from even the lassic castles, why else remove the global effects, and i can understand that as a global effect it would affect all the other versions as well, but GGE have accepted that other versions affects the KL and FC/BC event, so why not leave the global effects as well.
    It also shows that the glory amounts are not the same as it is being said they are, and that there are changes just the huge differences in amounts indicate that, but the lack of global prove it.

"Dear Lords and Ladies,

This is to allow us to change the way it functions with the new difficulty settings in those events. We hope we will be able to turn this feature on again in the very near future.

Regards,

Your Empire Family"

That's been done to fix a bug.
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    I thought everything was working fine, with no changes ?
    I thought everything was working fine, with no changes ?
    There was an issue in classic mode
  • There was an issue in classic mode
     what about the global effect? there is no rubie/king's gaurd/horrors bonus effect despite i play classic
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    Kingdom league, is no longer fair under the current update, changes. To have players with no gold tokens in the same league as those with 5 is wrong, its being manipulated.
    The same as having players making 100+ mil in the same league as players with 1-2 mil, not even a close match
    Kingdom league, is no longer fair under the current update, changes. To have players with no gold tokens in the same league as those with 5 is wrong, its being manipulated.
    The same as having players making 100+ mil in the same league as players with 1-2 mil, not even a close match
    I actually think this is a good thing, I will explain why. 
    A gold medal gives 1000 points, silver gives 950, you need 2000 for a promotion. Lets say someone only gets silvers for 40 days and someone else gets golds for 40 days, that means the player who only got silvers ends up exactly 1 title behind the player who got golds.

If someone without a single gold medal would never be matched with people who do have golds, this player would be able to get silver without really putting in any effort at all.

The system looks at both the title the user has and the amount of gold tokens, in this case, the title played a big role because the user has no gold medals.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 321
    A gold medal gives 1000 points, silver gives 950, you need 2000 for a promotion. Lets say someone only gets silvers for 40 days and someone else gets golds for 40 days, that means the player who only got silvers ends up exactly 1 title behind the player who got golds.

If someone without a single gold medal would never be matched with people who do have golds, this player would be able to get silver without really putting in any effort at all.

The system looks at both the title the user has and the amount of gold tokens, in this case, the title played a big role because the user has no gold medals.
    Sometimes I wonder if you actually play the game but of course you do its just at a buyers level so have no understanding of the non buyer. Your statement is false, there are players who play either nomads or fl/bc so it does happen that players without gold get matched constantly with those who do. It is likely to go the whole 40 days and not get a gold and therefore no end rewards.. Most non buyers have to not perform for a couple of events to have a chance of getting gold and even them they need luck to avoid the selective buyers...
  • Lady Iris (US1)Lady Iris (US1) US1 Posts: 51

"Dear Lords and Ladies,

Regards,

Your Empire Family"

That's been done to fix a bug.
    What bug? The ability to dethrone to an 8k castle bug? I didn't like the look of the rewards on the other modes, not to mention how fast they appear to run through, so I've been playing the classic since the update. I didn't notice any bugs.
    Will the dethrone be nerfed now so that you cannot ever get another 8k castle by chance?
    You know, like the Wheel of Fortune...which skips or slows down right before the jackpot, so that you always miss it? Did they think that sudden lag or speed skip right by the jackpot wasn't noticable?
    Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

Sometimes I wonder if you actually play the game but of course you do its just at a buyers level so have no understanding of the non buyer. Your statement is false, there are players who play either nomads or fl/bc so it does happen that players without gold get matched constantly with those who do. It is likely to go the whole 40 days and not get a gold and therefore no end rewards.. Most non buyers have to not perform for a couple of events to have a chance of getting gold and even them they need luck to avoid the selective buyers...
    And that's exactly how the event is supposed to work. The league puts you with players that have a similar title and then gold medals. So if you have 0 gold medals you can still be matched with people who do have golds but have a similar title. Also, keep in mind that a system like the kingdom league works best on bigger servers as there are more players to chose from.
Sign In to comment.