Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

KL Promotions

Can a moderator or someone explain to me why you can only get a promotion in the KL every second day. And why even if you are 2 million points ahead of 2 nd place the progress line for promotion freezes. 2 nd place doesn't gain any new points and you rack up another 400k points and yet on the following day all 4 top players in your division get promoted.
What kind of math is used in scoring and where is the fairness for hard work ?
Drackor @ usa 1

Comments

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 876
    You need 40 medal points for a promotion. A gold medal is worth 20 medal points, so you need exactly two gold medals for one promotion.
    A silver medal is worth 19 medal points and a wooden one is worth 2 points, so two silver ones together with one wooden medal is also enough for a promotion.
    And remember, progress is only calculated once every 24 hours.

It doesn't matter how well you do in the events, as long as you do better than the the number 2 in your division.
    It's the same in sports, for example if you compete in the marathon. It doesn't matter if you beat the number 2 by 1 millisecond or by a quarter of an hour, the winner gets gold and the 2nd place silver regardless of the difference in time.

More details on the medal points are somewhere else on this forum:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/5079197#Comment_5079197
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,232
    Actually, you need 2000 points and a gold medal is worth 1000.

1goldMedal1000
    2silverMedal950
    3bronzeMedal850
    4glasMedal700
    5copperMedal500
    6stoneMedal300
    7woodMedal100

1goldMedal1000
    2silverMedal950
    3bronzeMedal850
    4glasMedal700
    5copperMedal500
    6stoneMedal300
    7woodMedal100

That's exactly the same formula as mine, just with all numbers multiplied by 50, which doesn't make any difference at all.
    Anyway, thanks for confirming. :smile:
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Drackor (US1)Drackor (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    Thank you for the clarification
    Drackor @ usa 1

1goldMedal1000
    2silverMedal950
    3bronzeMedal850
    4glasMedal700
    5copperMedal500
    6stoneMedal300
    7woodMedal100

That's exactly the same formula as mine, just with all numbers multiplied by 50, which doesn't make any difference at all.
    Anyway, thanks for confirming. :smile:
    I know, just figured I would post the official numbers here, bigger numbers can be easier to work with too 
    It's always nice to see official numbers being published, so kudos for that.

And now I wonder why not make a promotion 1 million points, gold 500k, etc.  :D
    (Just kidding. For me personally, smaller numbers are easier to work with, as long as they are integers.)
    Wiglema (NL1)
    edited 16.11.2021
    It's always nice to see official numbers being published, so kudos for that.

And now I wonder why not make a promotion 1 million points, gold 500k, etc.  :D
    (Just kidding. For me personally, smaller numbers are easier to work with, as long as they are integers.)
    Found them in the game files, I have shared a file with a bunch of "hidden" stats. No idea if that's a problem or not, but everyone has acces to it so I guess it's fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file