Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Is it worth returning?

I played GGE for years, years ago. Remember BSK, crimson guard server wars......

After  long long time away - logged in to see what was happening. Adds - really!

Anyway - honestly is the game worth returning to?

Madbunny

Comments

• 90% of player base says that this game is becoming more P2W toxic per month (and rarely in 15) and hardly ever F2P friendly (like the MB V1 in 2019-6/2021 :disappointed:) so either you spend $ or get away
  • madbunny (GB1)madbunny (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    Cheers mate. When i logged on which was the first time for two years - and two years ago I also logged on just to look - my account was 1500 ish on the server listings - still! -  lol even though no play no outposts etc etc ....

I guess its not quite the same as before.

Shame
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    A quick read of the forum and check on the old vets still around, should answer you questions.
  • Hetgirl (US1)Hetgirl (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    I play this game for years as well, use to be so much fun less drama and those stupid adds, I can’t even log in it just doesn’t let me keeps freezing on me EVERY. FREAKING.SINGLE.TIME   :s
  • BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 198
    isn't really worth it unless you just want to play for fun, if you want to compete competitively get ready to spend 100s  
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,257
    I love playing this game , but i stopped buying for a difference reason .
    All the time this game allows captures on outpost of active players , using cheap accounts where they can park 2 million defence because it cost fractions of what i pay, by ghost accounts.
    I have built my account over 9 years , but cannot compete with these cheap accounts , so now i stopped buying on this game , i still maintain my account, by doing towers to earn enough rubies to put it in bird every 2 months which is quite easy.

Also the amount of rubies i make, can also pay for kingdom league , i know i cannot do fori or crow , so i buy the passes for the events with the free rubies i make, and still make it in the top 100 to get those free rewards.

So GGE is actually losing money , whilst i am getting free stuff . and basically taking outposts from active players is like stealing i built them with real money , i do not know any other game that lets you do this , as for inactive accounts well thats down to GGE to let them still existing in game , because it obvious they being played by multis .

This is not rocket science , and gge will continue to lose money , whether they care or not , i am still the winner.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 316
    Is the season pass worth getting if you aren't doing all the events? Might be cheaper just buying each promotion...
    Afternoon.

Spending small amounts of money on things i want to do is no problem. Its more a case of do i want to do it. Just not sure i want to spend my time on this - there are a few names i recognise but a lot are gone and there are a fair few ruined castles. 

Did log in again this morning and found myslef reparing a bit of sabo damage and upgraded a couple of buildings lol - old habits die hard.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Best ragards

Bunny
  • Afternoon.

Spending small amounts of money on things i want to do is no problem. Its more a case of do i want to do it. Just not sure i want to spend my time on this - there are a few names i recognise but a lot are gone and there are a fair few ruined castles. 

Did log in again this morning and found myslef reparing a bit of sabo damage and upgraded a couple of buildings lol - old habits die hard.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Best ragards

Bunny
    It's a trap - keep away if you can - am addicted so no hope for me !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,257
    Is the season pass worth getting if you aren't doing all the events? Might be cheaper just buying each promotion...
    I do not do all events ,but i do buy the passes , but i do towers etc , so GGE actually pays for my passes 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    Game is fantastic GGS are so nice and friendly 
    they give us everything free and they always crack down on all the cheating 
    in game. so come and play and spend all your money.

ggs love money  :D
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 316
    I do not do all events ,but i do buy the passes , but i do towers etc , so GGE actually pays for my passes 
    I only bother paying for the promotions not end of event so only cost 800 rubies a go so well below the season pass was all, like you I get my rubies from towers..
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 68
    like all games you have to find the parts you enjoy doing but the game itself is on a downward sloop now
    from what i see there are only 800/1000 active players now your position for not playing for a 1 1/2 years would suggest its getting near the lowest number now 
    the game also is not how it was 1 1/2 years ago either  events are becoming a problem now as gge have reduced the amount of event tools you can get and also the amount of silver/gold coins you win so to progress its taking alot longer now but its not enough to be able to  hit an event hard so your down to hitting one event now every 6th go as an example last nomads only about 80 players managed to win  the nomad po item 
    i think most players  are logging in less now and staying  on a lot shorter time now  as progression is very slow gge have turned the game round to where you need to spend  money now to progress  also support dont help you at all if you have a problem and once they would stop players from cheating this is now being encouraged these are some reasons why players are leaving the game 
    but its still a good game its all about finding your slot and playing  the game at the game how it is today 

Sadly bazzara (GB1) I think the ranking after retunring and not playing does say it all. I killed a load of attack troops i had sitting around  - and the ranking fell to 1600 ish - so yes there clearly are not a lot of active players - or at least players not playing hard like we used to

The old berri when it first came out - you couldnt go for a pee cos the attacks where so frequent....lol

There might well be a natural cycle to these games. TBH when you compare the game play to more modern MMO's GGE is very much stone age.

Anyway i might look from time to time just as a break from flying spaceships, driving tanks or generally punching things....lol

Bunny
    Bit of an update - obvioulsy someone notice my post or my castles reappearing.

Just logged on and hit everywhere - fires everywhere all the usual stuff..... now 1800 in the ranking - lol

Maybe not hang around for old times sake after all :) . See you all in two years. Best wishes to all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file