Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Game if you can call it that is just to out of focus for any fun anymore.

GGE has just put the game to out of focus for normal players over the spenders.  This has been going on for a few years but keeps getting worst.

An example from a few hits on us yesterday just show how bad it is.

Would like a mod or CM to tell us how to defend this type of attack.  Remember not everyone has unlimited funds like Whales or semi-Whales.

The attackers had so much on they either bought with real dollars, rubies, gold, silver, or the great wheel prizes they had the following on 4 different commanders.

The Court yard bonus was between 324 -329 on the 4
The flank trop bonus was between 243 - 269 on the 4
Front troop bonus was at least 190

Melee strength was at least 180
Range strength was at least 190

All incoming was either level 5 or level 10 Val Attack troops

All incoming totals were at least 12.4K troops

Just with these areas there is no way you can have a fair battle anymore.  What can a player do but get the 150+  gold troop wall bonus and hope others can send some support.

But even when we sent support we still lost even with decent cast commanders as there is no way to even get close to these numbers they send.  GGE has just not done enough to give defense a chance to not have great losses.   Yes a good alliance can send support but after 4, 6, 8+ of these your defense is just used up.

This type of attacks just show way the game is dead or about dead for F2P or low spenders.   At least on the US server the major alliances go after the weaker ones so they can win 95% of the time.  

Even you wanted to recruit better Val Defense troops via the HoL the upgrade levels (1-10) are behind a player doing first all 20 upgrades to Val Attack troops first.  That alone is a deterrent for a lot of players.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,240
    My advice to you my friend is firecast them send them home to starve , it is really not worth the time effort or the satisfaction you give them who cares for resources , also remember to take there first wave of tool donate resources to ally is a better way to go  , then say goodbye to them the next 3 hours .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • We are doing that fire casting as best some can do it.

And of course the attackers I am sure could care less about Wood, Stone, or most other resources except maybe mead if it is being made by the player.

The point was that GGE has made this just a game for spenders to beat up on weaker players.  There is no skill involved anymore like it was years and years ago.   All that is required is a valid Credit Card or Pay Pal account with cash available.

Yes there was some skill long long ago to get ahead in the game mods and CM's.   No longer required per GGE new and improved gaming experience.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 493
    Game online is now being called,  free to start, not F2P.

Look online and you'll see websites dedicated to selling GGE accounts, at all levels, and with different options available. This is why GGE won't act on Multi-accounts, and shells, and why I think they are on borrowed time. The game is no longer as it was in its hey day, and money talks, but they still need those easy F2Start players, or who will they attack
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 293
    I don't think its changed myself, the spender could always smash the f2p only difference now is its not horrors but mead troops and super comms doing the damage...
    Bullies will always be bullies
  • Game online is now being called,  free to start, not F2P.

with the logic language they use
    F2P means creating account in this game is free in other words
    Free 2 play = free to start
    but it's not a F2W 
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    game is fuked 
    no one cares in stillfront or gge . waste of time complaining anymore.
    even with proof about cheating multi accounts nothing is done now.

they don't even check now about complaints and they wont read any of
    this. 1 cheating bully alliance has basically knackered the uk server with it's 
    cheating over past couple years and nothing is done. same accounts and there multi 
    accounts have ran wild. started with crimson guard who went to dark union 
    then musks and uprising ruined these alliance and now the rotten accounts 
    are in the darkbrotherhood of man  :D pmpl 

keep smiling its only a game unless your in that alliance above :*
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69
    GGS has to take a hard look at just how pvp focused they want GGE because a lot of the players are here for the events. And I can confidently state that if I had to constantly turtle I wouldn't be here. Not that GGS would miss me since I am f2p.

But, there was a new player who popped up close to my main. In about six months, this player went from beginner to LL950. They clearly spent a lot of coin on the game and managed to join a top 10 alliance. It was impressive watching their progress. Now, they've retired. Maybe they will be back before their castle goes into ruins, but if I were GGS, I would be very worried why a p2p suddenly up and quit.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,517
    GGS has to take a hard look at just how pvp focused they want GGE because a lot of the players are here for the events. And I can confidently state that if I had to constantly turtle I wouldn't be here. Not that GGS would miss me since I am f2p.

But, there was a new player who popped up close to my main. In about six months, this player went from beginner to LL950. They clearly spent a lot of coin on the game and managed to join a top 10 alliance. It was impressive watching their progress. Now, they've retired. Maybe they will be back before their castle goes into ruins, but if I were GGS, I would be very worried why a p2p suddenly up and quit.

I think that problem is everywhere. events are no longer top notch. PvP, what kind of targets do the 'big' guys have now, their equal also have 40k sols or more in castles so with 1 attack you know you already lose so multiple attacks are needed even with a commander who can take 8k sols . and the leveling is done with a little money in a short time and then you quickly get into a larger alliance because they want money issuers. :) but if the castle turns out not to be that strong and the players lose several times, the fun is over and they leave again because there is nothing more fun than winning. and if you play purely for fun that is a difficult task.    so it's a very hard task for GGS to fix that
    flug @ nl 1
  • BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 192
    honest opinion: don't defend
  • That is not a helpful answer.  We have done that and now several players are nothing but fires at all ops.

Do not say well just use rubies to put them out.  One player did that and then they just came back are re lit them up all over again.

Cannot attack their alliance either as it is one of the TOP ones and most have 200+ high level Val Defenders everywhere at all places.   Even if we sent 8, 10, 12 attacks at a place they would just load 500, 600, 700K Val defenders there and would do nothing.

At some places we spy they have over 800K Defenders.    

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    Justin, the game is not going to get better again, and the BM's answer while disappointing, is accurate. 

Stillfront is not going to invest money in developing the game to be fun for everyone like it used to be.  The old adage of having to spend money to make money went out the window years ago, and is why the majority of the changes now are nothing more than attempts to sweeten the pot for years-old events by re-using objects and changing numeric values, while taking away advantages for low-spending players and selling huge advantages to those that spend the most.  Whales are their only focus.

Suggestion after suggestion from those that actually play the game and have good ideas to turn things around have fallen on deaf ears for years now.  Consider it a premium game at this point and expect player numbers to continue to decrease as more & more realize it's fruitless to try and compete.

It's sad to see what was a fun game come to this, but the state of the game is exactly where stillfront wants it to be.
    edited 04.10.2021
    BM_Daisho said:
    honest opinion: don't defend
    like an F2P can do that  :) 
    flug @ nl 1
  • BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 192
    not sure what you really want me to say, I can't magic a solution out of nowhere and solve the issue 
  • I guess what I am asking are we missing anything to do.   Is there some other temp item we can get besides the one for the Wall troop.

That is what I am asking.

Or is the game now like we thing so slanted to attackers that unless you buy, buy, buy you are up shit creek without a paddle.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • I am not asking for you to solve it just being a BM or Mod you all have a more knowledge than me or some on what we can do to defend against these types of attacks.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    Or is the game now like we thing so slanted to attackers that unless you buy, buy, buy you are up shit creek without a paddle.

This
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 493
    you can't. Its as intended by GGE. Its keeping the paying whales happy. They can't, won't, attack their own sort and levels, so it makes F2P the targets. They don't want you to be able to defend to the state where you will drain tools and troops too much from those whales, So its keep the attackers happy with the best items they can buy.
    At prest I also use the no defence strat against these players, having found out just how costly it can get, to no avail anyway.
    I also feel its unfair having to rely or ask alliance members to put themselves in the same situation, which will also not make you very popular, which is why I play solo, my choice.
    F2P have no voice in this game anymore, only the whales, and thats been admitted by whales previously who are quite proud that support will sometimes listen to their suggestions. Seems that money does talk !
  • I agree on the points just thought maybe a Mod or BM might know of something I and we are missing on Defense.

I have just put up fire/loot casts on my 2 far ops and just defend my main and a close food op.  Do not even care about Ice, Sand, or Fire.   They can burn, burn, burn really for all I care.

Until something changes for us (which may never happen for F2P or low spenders) that is the best I can do.

I am still trying to grind away on the Val upgrades to get to the Defense ones to do.

I have given up like most it seems on any level 7 stuff.  That is for Whales and Semi-Whales really.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 214
    There was many years attacker had disadvantage, now it's turned.

Only think I would complain is that fixing castle 10k rubies is too much. I would change it to like 1k or even less. 

And how you defend those? You get 1M defs back and its even game, 12k lost.

The time where you and your 2 buddies can sit down in small alliance is over

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
    wich years where that?
    flug @ nl 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file