Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

This game is on self destruct

Comments

• bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    thanks daisho
    your last message for me sounds as if you starting to understand us sorry for you takinthe brunt 
    but what is happening on the uk server will go to others 
    gge should be looking hard at the uk server and  sorting out the problems as they show up easier here than others 

but what you dont understand is because of the problems more and more are leaving its starting to snowball
    not 1/2 in a alliance but 6/7 starting to think about it
    while this is going on players like me are not going to spend think why would i upgrade a outpost for a shell/proxy to take it then just drop it then 1 week later only for the proxy to go to ruin  even you must see that  as not helpfull
    i think more would  buy things if the outlook looked good and gge starting to give us reason to do so
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 707
    GOODGAMEGREED 

simple as that 
    i see last night the shell accounts have struck again and pinched  players outpost
    its good the  moderators are doing there bit to stop this going on and gge  are actually helping real players for once and returning them not
    i would expect more real players to leave now
    but hay ho gge think this game can run on shells 
    the conclusion is they dont care at all but why not  ?????

• Because the shell accounts are run by players that spend a decent amount of money.

That is what is driving GGE for years.   Make a buck or euro as best they can.

They sure are not spending it on improving the gaming experience.  No new lands or events or anything like that in years.

Last stuff was clones of old events and is just run non stop.

They do not even update descriptions of stuff as you can read some and they are so out of date.  Guess it is to much trouble to check what they say.

Also they do not update and offers really so most of what they do offer is out of date also.  

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 707
    funny thing is we have a daft alliance uk server who for some reason think they top
    dogs. but in past they been kicked all over uk server. crimson dark union musks you name it and now when
    game is coming to its end they think making hundreds of shells dodgy dead accounts buying everything they
    think they the top alliance on uk server.

thick gits don't realize uk server is basically dead but let them think they top dogs before the end is near.
    roll on the end of the uk server no one cares apart from hak and his other account sultan

the end is coming to uk server . forgot happy days in the real world 

• Domlin (US1)Domlin (US1) US1 Posts: 148
    "Tracking players via their "device ID" which is called a MAC address is not allowed through a browser, you would have to download a program and then give it access to PC hardware information... and I doubt people are really going to allow GGS to collect their data like that. "

IS there any actual reason this is still a browser game? It's not flash anymore, so why can't they make their own downloadable client, which would allow them access to that information. Unless I am mistaken, they can do that with very little effort. The client would just be a shell that loads the existing game.
    Domlin @ usa 1

• it's already sold for free on windows store so can we have a shard of hope :confused:?
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,355
    @Domlin (US1)

I think the main reason that GGE keeps the game as a browser game, is that it hopes to slip under the radar from authorities scrutiny. If it was released as a normal game like many others, then they draw more attention to just how they run and operate. You only have to read some of the gaming sites and authorities overeeing online games. More and more of them are scrutinised as to how they operate, and their rules and have been made to make changes. There is a criteria to follow when an online game is classed as a F2P, and with what GGE has done to date, I doubt it would be classded as that on the open market, and not covered by the browser tag. 

This probably is one reason of many as to why Stillfront are trying to make as much as poss, as quick as they can
    it being a browser game doesn't change this at all.
    From reading Ive done online I think it does!. but only time will tell.
    When a company has been game of the year multiple times and has hit 1 billion in revennue you can bet that there are plenty of eyes on it.
  • lol....the Pareto principal more commonly used in my profession as an Accountant as the 80/20 rule where it is not simply applied to business strategy but to a number of work related matters.  Looking at your numbers Poseidon you are at such an extreme end of the 80/20 rule that it no longer applies as much as calling a person who is slightly left wing a communist and slightly right wing a fascist.  But then what is in a name right?

I think the better term for the current GGS stance is all eggs in a single basket and the Pareto principal was not designed to defend a 99/1 consideration since that would be far too great a risk to long term business exitance (let alone success) for any sensible business str5ategist to ever consider employing.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
    lol....the Pareto principal more commonly used in my profession as an Accountant as the 80/20 rule where it is not simply applied to business strategy but to a number of work related matters.  Looking at your numbers Poseidon you are at such an extreme end of the 80/20 rule that it no longer applies as much as calling a person who is slightly left wing a communist and slightly right wing a fascist.  But then what is in a name right?

I think the better term for the current GGS stance is all eggs in a single basket and the Pareto principal was not designed to defend a 99/1 consideration since that would be far too great a risk to long term business exitance (let alone success) for any sensible business str5ategist to ever consider employing.
    Which isn't what I used it for.
  • Truth is business strategy is far more complex than a simple principal.  WE have seen giants fall in our lifetimes since they have not managed enough factors.  Yes of course the 20% are important but people are by nature fickle and the clever businesses engage in all parts of their business looking at groups of customers in tiers by their spend.  How do you get moderate spenders to spend more and so on.  Indeed, how to close the spend differentials between each tier.  After all, far better to have a 70/30 than a 80/20 since risk is spread and 1-2 customers leaving have a far reduced impact.  But anyway GGS is what it is and I think it would be hard to argue the longevity of this game based on the viewpoint towards its customer base.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
    @Poseidon X Angel
    When a company has been game of the year multiple times and has hit 1 billion in revennue you can bet that there are plenty of eyes on it.

Old news!  You are most definatly a company man. Your living past glories, when your titles were 2009-2014, and yes! at that time very popular as new game on the block, and I think if those titles were relevant when Stillfront looked at scooping GGE up, it never wouldn't have happened. Its the fact that Stillfront got hold of GGE, and suddenly we have all these extra revenue changes, which were basically many changes for little game rewards, that triggered the mass exodus by players from the game. GGE must be in denial if they cannot see that they have broken the back of the game, and the staff must relise that such changes put all their futures in such a company at risk, from greedy management. 
    If you look online you can see  many more reviews appearing about the game, while alongside statements such as yours boasting old past glories, that don't carry any weight any more.
    I am not living past glories, just pointing out the obvious.
    Truth is business strategy is far more complex than a simple principal.  WE have seen giants fall in our lifetimes since they have not managed enough factors.  Yes of course the 20% are important but people are by nature fickle and the clever businesses engage in all parts of their business looking at groups of customers in tiers by their spend.  How do you get moderate spenders to spend more and so on.  Indeed, how to close the spend differentials between each tier.  After all, far better to have a 70/30 than a 80/20 since risk is spread and 1-2 customers leaving have a far reduced impact.  But anyway GGS is what it is and I think it would be hard to argue the longevity of this game based on the viewpoint towards its customer base.
    The pareto principle is one of the reasons giants can fall so hard, it would obviously be best to be 50/50.
    But a common example is that 20% does half the work within the company, then when something goes wrong at the company the best people leave, seeking better oppertunities. When that happens you could lose a very small percentage of your employees but miss half your work rate.
    its also down to how you read it

your saying if the 20 leave you loss 50% of income
    so also if the 80 leave  you are still losing 50% income
    but putting that to this game
    if the 20  leave then the 80  would have reason to spend more and have more time playing on the game 
    where if the 80 leave  the 20  will not spend anymore on top and also leave because there's nothing for them to do 
    they are still two points on a graph so the thing is the 20 and 80  work together  neither one is more important so both sides need looking after 

as for profits a company needs to make them yes but a good company will reinvest some back into the company each year  this would show up on here  as new things to do or new events so the profits will become less so its all about if a company wants to run for say 5 years or 20years  at the end of the day
    most will draw there own conclusions from this 

• forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 364
    Past glories, future glories.
    There may be discussion, but let there be no doubt: The glory of Whitetigers beard and the teachings of Boo Masters have touched the lives of hundreds of people in the AU server and beyond.
    Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • What are we asking Goodgames to do exactly??   seriously what actions can they take...  without cold hard evidence (screenshots) that a player is on a second acct GG cant do anything....  say they ban an acct that really is someones alt acct. then the player just tells GG that yes its the same ip address but its my little brother playing the acct... what can GG do?
    then the player can just start a new side acct...   talk about going in around in circles...
    I MEAN ITS A FREE GAME...... how can they stop players from making a free acct??????

its just a given that if you spend real money then u get an advantage over players who didnt pay...  everybody understands that right?????  who would pay money for but doesnt receive an advantage over non spenders???

proxy accts ...(now i assume we are talking about players creating  low lvl accts and moving them near your castle to bombard you with attacks)  ...  i know how i would combat proxy accts (hypothetically speaking) i would just make my own low lvl accts and move them over in the proximity of my castles or outposts that are being targeted... you guys know the saying "if you cant beat them then join them" A lvl 70 can only attack a low lvl player once every 3 days or so (im not 100% sure on the cool down period ).....that is not the case if you have a low lvl acct to attack from ....its what every 2 hours per successful attack... fight fire with fire ......

again i ask ..... what exactly do we want/expect Goodgames to do....
    we need solutions not negative comments towards the mods.....

btw.... maybe taking a break from the game would be a healthy choice for some ......no joke i played for 6 yrears then took a break for like 2 yrs and now im back.... but threatening to leave the game doesnt really do anything...

we are in this together....ruby buys ...non ruby buyers... serious players....part timers.... whales...the young and the old......etc etc etc...
    so lets do this together and find out how we can make the changes we feel are needed the most....

much love and much respect to all who reads.....

BOOM!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file