Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Testing 'Troop recovery after defence' - myth?

Hi guys,
Got attacked today and wanted to test the potential of these statistics you can get from build items and the hospital:

I'm not certain they do the same effect, but presumed they both mean that for whatever losses you get when defending, some of the troops 'lost' actually remain alive. Potentially, losing 1000 troops with 15% on a hospital means you really only lost 850.

So does this work? Lets see from this embarrassing report where I received no support:

I lost 6,634 troops with a level 6 hospital (15%). I did not have any 'units lost build items' applied because I was offline.
Therefore, I would have 10,167 left if the hospital did not work, or saved (at least?) 995.5 troops and be left with 11,162.5 if it did work.
Well...

So, does this effect not actually work? Have I misunderstood what it does? Will the build items also be pointless? I'd like to know.

Comments

• according to description of hospital and the build item is different
    the hospital increases the minimum chance of deploying some troops after defensing so the build items may work if that happen
    P.S male sure to see in battle report if the effect has indeed done
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 730
    Some of the effects only work if all your defenders are lost in a battle. That means, if some survive, then the effect is nil.
    I don't remember which effects (from items, buildings, whatever) work only in case of a total defeat or which ones work after any partial loss.

Also, percentages work in mysterious ways in GGE, so it's hard to check whether anything at all works as intended.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Some of the effects only work if all your defenders are lost in a battle. That means, if some survive, then the effect is nil.
    Hmm yeah perhaps that is the case for the hospital, would be great if it could be confirmed by someone.
    Perhaps the build items work in any defence, I'll have to try them out somehow.
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,355
    edited 25.09.2021
    These build items only apply if you lose the battle.
  • These build items only apply if you lose the battle.
    what about hospital effect?
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,355
    The same goes for the hospital, the build items and the hospital are added together.
  • The same goes for the hospital, the build items and the hospital are added together.
    Thanks for that, I'd be surprised if many people know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file