Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Mead bug still not fixed BM Diasho and Poseidon X

13»

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,529

if it is a nice change (without errors) then why on DE forum the announce has 22 LOL? 
    Here is my interpretation (as I follow both the DE and EN forums, I can clearly see differences):

I guess it's because of the way how they announce the change. The change itself is clearly a *Like*, if it's delivered bugfree. I think it's exactly what we asked it to be (no automatic adjustment, hurray!), yet they make it sound as something very dangerous, complete with warnings and so on. *LOL*
    As if we players wouldn't check the resulting food consumption whenever we manually change the mead production rate...

Having said that, there are undoubtedly also still those players that don't think at all and just buy to win. Like the ones who send attack after attack in misty outers with a combination of ranged attackers and melee defenders and weird tooling. I didn't use rubies yet lost only 9 men against their 3840 men. That type of player would probably benefit from reading the warning for troop losses. Except that most likely they won't read the forum, or even in-game announcements.

Furthermore, why do GGS officially warn us for something obvious, but never for the risk of unexpected troop losses due to a bug in the food/mead consumption? Quite LOL-worthy indeed.

Here in the EN forum we're a bit spoilt by the amount of information we get from our mods (Poseidon in particular). Not just info that he needs to provide from the GGS point of view, but lots of extra useful info as well. He also explained the whole problem causing mead troop loss quite well. The change announcement fits in that picture, so no problem.

On the DE forum, however, information given by the mod is usually very minimal, hence the risk of lots of LOLs when information is presented so selectively. And DE support was bluntly telling players who lost their mead troops that they (the players) didn't understand how the brewery worked and that the error was definitely not a bug in the game, but dumb players using the wrong settings in the brewery. DE support (and to some extent also DE mods) lost all credit a long time ago.
    "Having said that, there are undoubtedly also still those players that don't think at all and just buy to win. Like the ones who send attack after attack in misty outers with a combination of ranged attackers and melee defenders and weird tooling. I didn't use rubies yet lost only 9 men against their 3840 men. That type of player would probably benefit from reading the warning for troop losses. Except that most likely they won't read the forum, or even in-game announcements."

;)  not only in Outer realms . ;)
    flug @ nl 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,475
    I suggested that they add disclaimers/warnings to prevent people from setting their brewery to 100% and then going offline expecting their brewery to reset automatically. Doing that today is fine, but after the update that will result in starvations. You will have to manually change it again, and it will stay at that level, unless you run out of food/honey ofcourse.
  • Poseidon X,

All a player needs to do is look at their food level usage and honey usage to make sure they do not starve the food only troops.  Really, it is not that hard and only takes a few seconds to look and set it right.

Of course I am sure some players are dumb enough and will just set it at 100% like you said.   But that is there problem for not looking or trying to understand what is going on.  I put some of the blame on the game/GGE Studio as they have taken away alot of the thinking players used to have to do.     

Like Flung(NL1) said above I have seen some real stupid tooled attacks and other stuff also and all I can figure out is they just do not care and will just buy more which GGE Studio I am sure likes as long as the Credit Card is not stolen or bad.  

There is a old saying that comes to mind...... "some people have more money then brains"
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • poiuyt (WORLD1)poiuyt (WORLD1) Posts: 462
    edited 28.08.2021

do you mean that option ''if  food/honey reduced to a limited amount (i.g reached 5k) the production will stop'' be removed? 
    otherwise it's not a huge problem to me
    All a player needs to do is look at their food level usage and honey usage to make sure they do not starve the food only troops.  Really, it is not that hard and only takes a few seconds to look and set it right.
    think about those who aren't really active who logs in every 2-3 days (especially with MB nerf) they set it like idc
    anyway i may put in 100% only to finish the achievements (if basic/relic prem build item isn't an obligation to finish them)
    the studio can listen to us IF they want to but not always with the way we want
    i.g i suggested relic prem as rewards the good news they listened to suggestion the bad one they made it for lvl 50-69 or with too high score (in collectors event which i wish to be like old ones) and if i buy it from MB i won't be able to get those 500 sceats

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,529

do you mean that option ''if  food/honey reduced to a limited amount (i.g reached 5k) the production will stop'' be removed? 
    otherwise it's not a huge problem to me
    think about those who aren't really active who logs in every 2-3 days (especially with MB nerf) they set it like idc
    anyway i may put in 100% only to finish the achievements (if basic/relic prem build item isn't an obligation to finish them)
    the studio can listen to us IF they want to but not always with the way we want
    i.g i suggested relic prem as rewards the good news they listened to suggestion the bad one they made it for lvl 50-69 or with too high score (in collectors event which i wish to be like old ones) and if i buy it from MB i won't be able to get those 500 sceats

when you don't have honey eating soldiers (you don't need them for events) you don't have to think about it :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • poiuyt (WORLD1)poiuyt (WORLD1) Posts: 462
    edited 30.08.2021
    allow me to flash some of changes here (used E4K to check it thx @Poseidon X Angel :wink:)
    this for making mead prod possitive (i don't own a bewery so don't quote me how that's possible)

this i am not 100% sure :warning: however but afaik this ignors defence tools for small attacks i.g making it in 500 makes any attack with a number lower than that number to not use defence tools on wall (can be adjusted to 0-2k)

ik this is game changing but test servers states are sometimes not final (expect bewery change and some p2w stuff BTW i saw this on discord so forgive me for not posting EN one)

Post edited by poiuyt (WORLD1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file