Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Mead bug still not fixed BM Diasho and Poseidon X

Comments

• and don't forget alliance tournament 1 year ago
  • Not sure what the alliance tournament was 1 year ago.

You will have to refresh my memory.  

Glad you are still alive Poseidon X.....

Still would like to know what is the worst issue that needs fixing as it was mentioned that the Mead issue is not really a issue depending on the server you are on.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • poiuyt (WORLD1)poiuyt (WORLD1) Posts: 404
    edited 25.08.2021
    Not sure what the alliance tournament was 1 year ago.
     it was a tournament on which alliances compete to gets higher LTPE scores (like other events) it's stopped since the glitch where alliance members couldn't get points' rewards (i got 10 tickets of affluence there)
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,482
    Not sure what the alliance tournament was 1 year ago.
     it was a tournament on which alliances compete to gets higher LTPE scores (like other events) it's stopped since the glitch where alliance members couldn't get points' rewards (i got 10 tickets of affluence there)
    with the alliance capital?
    flug @ nl 1
  • I do not remember that at all.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • i think i understood now why they don't bring back some old events
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,482
    i think i understood now why they don't bring back some old events
    they're old   ;P  

flug @ nl 1
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    No one told me to remove anything, I just wasn't happy with my message.
    But you still have not answered the question.  Is it because you can't ( or instructed not to )  or is it because you don't want to ?
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • No idea as they are simple questions and ask for no future event info or upcoming changes.

But I get the feeling GGE/Stillfront wants to put a cone of silence (ZERO information) on all information about the game that may be viewed as negative or give a negative impression to players.

For anyone in the chain of command to do so would be saying "Yes we have issues" officially.

That is why I get the feeling Posedion and Daisho do not want to answer the question.

One more time.

If the mead issue is not the worst as been stated before then what is the worst issue the game has and is it being fixed in a timely manner.

Second question when was the last true original event started in the game.  I do not count Beyond the Horizon as a true event as it is nothing but a Buy to Win for Whales and Semi-Whales.  Most of Outers are the same way also, if you do not buy you would be very lucky to even get bottom rewards for alot of work.

So I guess I am asking for events done in Green, the main land of the game.

It has been 10 years of the game and I do not think there have even been 10+ events really.  If you add to the list say weather it is still run or dead.

Blade Coast (alive sort of)
    Berimond (Green and other) (Alive)
    FI/BC (just clones of each other really) (Alive but run into the ground)
    Sami (On life support)
    Nomad (Alive but also run into the ground)
    Beyond The Horizon (alive but for Buyers)
    Outers and their clones (alive but for buyers really)
    KT, Metro, Capital, (Died long, long ago)
    Alliance Tournament (Died long ago)
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    edited 27.08.2021
    instead of fixing it you want us to sacrifice food production to start producing it at max state that's why the post of the mod has been deleted quickly after posting it
    better stick with temp-build items
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,357
    instead of fixing it you want us to sacrifice food production to start producing it at max state that's why the post of the mod has been deleted quickly after posting it
    better stick with temp-build items
    Actually, very bad take. Reread the announcement, all it means is that the brewery will no longer automatically shut off when your storage fills up. And that's not why I deleted my message, like I said, I was just not happy with how I worded it.
  • sir o the wise (US1)sir o the wise (US1) US1 Posts: 44
    edited 27.08.2021
    If I understand correctly, the new update does exactly what I wanted - we can now set the brewery manually, and not have production auto reduced when storage is full. I am utterly shocked to write these words, but it seems that ggs has finally listened to the players on something. Thank you. 

Will there be any other content in the new update?
  • sorry for misunderstanding your post (i don't even own bewery :sweat_smile:) but let's hope that there won't be ''errors'' when this change is out
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,357
    If I understand correctly, the new update does exactly what I wanted - we can now set the brewery manually, and not have production auto reduced when storage is full. I am utterly shocked to write these words, but it seems that ggs has finally listened to the players on something. Thank you. 

Will there be any other content in the new update?
    I don't think I can say much about that.
  • I just hope that is what happens.  I set the brewery production at say 21% and even when my storage stays full the production will stay at 21% unless I change it.

Do not know how many times I and others have said just let it be like Wood, Stone, Oil, Coal, etc.  Once storage is full, any more you produce just does not show but production STAYS THE SAME.

If this is correct I do not know why they just did not do it in the first place.   Just keep it simple if possible is best but GGE Studio had to do all these fancy ways which they thought were good.  Guess they never heard of the KISS method.

If you do not know what that means it is (Keep It Simple Stupid) i.e. KISS

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

• if it is a nice change (without errors) then why on DE forum the announce has 22 LOL? 
  • No idea as I do not go on the German Forum.

I would guess maybe there are 22 players that do not believe it will actually be fixed.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    edited 27.08.2021

me too i rarely check other languages' forums to see people reactions on some changes
    anyway glad at least it's fixed (i hope) despite some spenders will gain advantage on this
    i spied on some and they had almost 100k-300k (lvl5-10) with almost 1M mead storage i thought they will starve soon but KA-BOOM
    the update has been announced ik this makes them a bit too overpowered
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 730
    edited 28.08.2021

if it is a nice change (without errors) then why on DE forum the announce has 22 LOL? 
    Here is my interpretation (as I follow both the DE and EN forums, I can clearly see differences):

I guess it's because of the way how they announce the change. The change itself is clearly a *Like*, if it's delivered bugfree. I think it's exactly what we asked it to be (no automatic adjustment, hurray!), yet they make it sound as something very dangerous, complete with warnings and so on. *LOL*
    As if we players wouldn't check the resulting food consumption whenever we manually change the mead production rate...

Having said that, there are undoubtedly also still those players that don't think at all and just buy to win. Like the ones who send attack after attack in misty outers with a combination of ranged attackers and melee defenders and weird tooling. I didn't use rubies yet lost only 9 men against their 3840 men. That type of player would probably benefit from reading the warning for troop losses. Except that most likely they won't read the forum, or even in-game announcements.

Furthermore, why do GGS officially warn us for something obvious, but never for the risk of unexpected troop losses due to a bug in the food/mead consumption? Quite LOL-worthy indeed.

Here in the EN forum we're a bit spoilt by the amount of information we get from our mods (Poseidon in particular). Not just info that he needs to provide from the GGS point of view, but lots of extra useful info as well. He also explained the whole problem causing mead troop loss quite well. The change announcement fits in that picture, so no problem.

On the DE forum, however, information given by the mod is usually very minimal, hence the risk of lots of LOLs when information is presented so selectively. And DE support was bluntly telling players who lost their mead troops that they (the players) didn't understand how the brewery worked and that the error was definitely not a bug in the game, but dumb players using the wrong settings in the brewery. DE support (and to some extent also DE mods) lost all credit a long time ago.
    Wiglema (NL1)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file