Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

When did Empire start pushing Google Ads?

2»

Answers

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,481
    but at least the bugs will be fixed quickly with the new sponsoring :))))

flug @ nl 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,355
    cant say ive noticed any difference in the ads 
    That's because you buy in-game so won't see them.

The new ad strip takes up about a 1/10 of your complete screen, and that's noticeable and intrusive on a small, say laptop screen.
    From what I can see the white strip remains even without ads, if you have software that's stops those ads.

Bad move GGE, even more gonna go now!

Must have a bad ad blocker then.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    cant say ive noticed any difference in the ads 
    That's because you buy in-game so won't see them.

The new ad strip takes up about a 1/10 of your complete screen, and that's noticeable and intrusive on a small, say laptop screen.
    From what I can see the white strip remains even without ads, if you have software that's stops those ads.

Bad move GGE, even more gonna go now!

you maybe right payment in july might effect the new add  we shall see  or not lol 
  • MIENSKIP (NL1)MIENSKIP (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1
    thanks for giving me a nice time on gge , but with those fucking goodle adds it's game over for me. !!!

goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!goodbye !!!!!
  • forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 364
    Its like they are purposely making that final straw heavier and heavier, until snap, all gone!.

Be interesting where exec order came from, Stillfront or GGE, each will probably blame the other, but I know who my monies on. Stillfront gotta certain reputation with bought out games.
    Sir,
    The "executive order" came from Mrs. Lesch herself. Inflation is very high right now and tea, bacon and other goods have gone up substantially. It is kind enough of this woman to allow her son to sit in the basement operating this game day and night for freeloaders. She does have bills to pay.
    Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • Must have a bad ad blocker then.
    i thought it's forbidden to use it?
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 730
    I just discovered that the white ad bar on the right magically disappears when the browser window is at half width.
    (The game is not worth my full attention anymore, so I usually do some reading or writing in the left half of my screen and have the game open in the other half.)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • it may be a dumb question but does the studio realize that there is GGE ad in GGE :confused:

• I know this is not what you guys want to hear but I can't get these ads to disappear. The only thing I can recommend is one purchase in the main game once every 60 days. I believe that if you use the paybycall option this payment can be as little as a few cents.

I know most of you won't do this and I respect that, but perhaps this is able to help out someone.
    so the purchases i make in BtH and Outers no longer count ? the rubies come back why not the benefits - can you Please ask the question about this issue in your feedback - PS why would an adult gamer want to play pepper pig ? - last ad i saw b4 enabling something on my p/c wink:
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    I know this is not what you guys want to hear but I can't get these ads to disappear. The only thing I can recommend is one purchase in the main game once every 60 days. I believe that if you use the paybycall option this payment can be as little as a few cents.

I know most of you won't do this and I respect that, but perhaps this is able to help out someone.
    so the purchases i make in BtH and Outers no longer count ? the rubies come back why not the benefits - can you Please ask the question about this issue in your feedback - PS why would an adult gamer want to play pepper pig ? - last ad i saw b4 enabling something on my p/c wink:
    I asked about it, was told it didn't count because of some technical limitations. I said it would be nice if support could manually override it for users who've spent in outers/bth, didn't hear back from that.

Ads are based on your cookies.

Ads aren't being placed there by ggs, the ads you see are based on your cookies.

• Ads aren't being placed there by ggs, the ads you see are based on your cookies.
    I don't have any cookies on my laptop except the page i'm on - empire - not been on facebook or anything belse here today all yesterdays cookies deleted ! just part of my personal security system - and never having personal information saved on the computer - for me to be hacked they'd have to burgle me here and break the code in my book of passwords !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 730
    dandelion1958 (GB1) said:
    [...] PS why would an adult gamer want to play pepper pig ? - last ad i saw b4 enabling something on my p/c wink:

No cookies means that Google doesn't know you're an adult gamer. From their point of view, you might as well be a 5 year old kid with high interest in pepper pig. :-þ

Last ad I saw before I removed them was for that GGS farm game. Forgot what it's called exactly.
    Wiglema (NL1)
    dandelion1958 (GB1) said:
    [...] PS why would an adult gamer want to play pepper pig ? - last ad i saw b4 enabling something on my p/c wink:

No cookies means that Google doesn't know you're an adult gamer. From their point of view, you might as well be a 5 year old kid with high interest in pepper pig. :-þ

Last ad I saw before I removed them was for that GGS farm game. Forgot what it's called exactly.
    Big Farm or Big Farm Story
  • poiuyt (WORLD1)poiuyt (WORLD1) Posts: 403
    edited 14.08.2021

and oh Empire/ Empire 4 kingdoms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file