Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

When did Empire start pushing Google Ads?

They just starting to appear this morning.

Answers

• Domlin (US1)Domlin (US1) US1 Posts: 148
    Terrible. I am simply not going to play with all of that on my screen.
    Domlin @ usa 1
  • ApplesVII (US1)ApplesVII (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 09.08.2021
    I'm not one to complain, but yeah I kind of agree. It is one thing to watch a 30-sec ad every so often, but it is far more annoying to always have an ad on the side of my screen. 

• Okay, I added an ad blocker through the chrome extension and it did the trick! The side banner ad is no longer there.
  • Be careful what you say ApplesVII on the forums.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

• i hate to :heartbreak: but i think it's prohibited because it violates THIER  rules of the game
  • Be careful what you say ApplesVII on the forums.

Meh, as long as people know it is out there then I am content.
  • Okay, I added an ad blocker through the chrome extension and it did the trick! The side banner ad is no longer there.

Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • imk7 (GB1)imk7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    as if the game is not bad enough..people leaving the game in droves...now lets annoy players with ads,,,,,,unless they of course pay for rubies..then you will be kind enough to remove them.......FFS
    imk7 @ en 1
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 493
    Its like they are purposely making that final straw heavier and heavier, until snap, all gone!.

Be interesting where exec order came from, Stillfront or GGE, each will probably blame the other, but I know who my monies on. Stillfront gotta certain reputation with bought out games.
  • Mith (GB1)Mith (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    right thats me done on the game wont be playing again this new ad thing is the final nail time to get me a new xbox again you know how to screw things up badgame empire 
  • Yep pretty much done it for me too - Still enjoy the game but these ads are far too intrusive now.  Come here to play not stare at stupid ads!! Way to go BGE!!
    MightyAce1 @ en 1
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 207
    cant say ive noticed any difference in the ads 
  • i thought they removed ads pop up on middle of screen yesterday but today it appeared?
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,519
    i thought they removed ads pop up on middle of screen yesterday but today it appeared?
    they're both still in game :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • elendil (NL1)elendil (NL1) NL1 Posts: 83
    Play this game a lot in the eventing because I hate al the ads on tv. and now ads all the time in a game?
    i spend sometimes a lot money and then a time i play without money. depends on income and time. 
    so now i have to see stupids adds if my income is low for a while?

elendil @ nl 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,442
    I know this is not what you guys want to hear but I can't get these ads to disappear. The only thing I can recommend is one purchase in the main game once every 60 days. I believe that if you use the paybycall option this payment can be as little as a few cents.

I know most of you won't do this and I respect that, but perhaps this is able to help out someone.

• why don't they use it in some in-game advantages i.g getting small rewards/boosts if we watch ads like in E4K
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 493
    cant say ive noticed any difference in the ads 
    That's because you buy in-game so won't see them.

The new ad strip takes up about a 1/10 of your complete screen, and that's noticeable and intrusive on a small, say laptop screen.
    From what I can see the white strip remains even without ads, if you have software that's stops those ads.

Bad move GGE, even more gonna go now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file