Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Fire, Fire.

Out of curiosity I wonder why GGE have gone from an earlier suggested update within the game of NO fires, to extreme times when putting out 100% fires. I have 1 fire that will take 20 hrs to put out, ok no major problem, nothing else gets done while that's underway, and most of the time I don't bother anyway, because of the ease of having them relit, by why don't GGE just reduce the repair times, I know they want money, but F2P aren't going to spend it anyway.
I just don't understand why they go from 1 extreme to the other!       They can keep the resource prices the same, just drop the waiting times, I'm sure it would be welcomed by quite a few, and probably even more the way the game is heading.

Comments

• fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    F2P can still get time skips from the BS 
     I have 1 fire that will take 20 hrs to put out, (24 HOUR TIME SKIP WILL SOLVE THAT)

why don't GGE just reduce the repair times, I know they want money, but F2P aren't going to spend it anyway. ( F2P PEOPLE DONT NEED MONEY TO BUY TIME SKIPS TO PUT FIRES OUT SO WHY REDUCE REPAIR TIMES)

Whats that got to do with the post!

Think about all the other posts relating to the updates and F2P players, and things running out, and quantity reduction

If your interested look at my main and some others and all are 100% fires, and work it out yourself. (LOOKS LOVELY AND WARM MAYBE BBQ GOT OUTTA HAND)

My question was when GGE suggested an option of No fires, I can probably guess the category that would have shouted NO for it, and that would prob included yourself as well!

(IF YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF NO FIRES  IF ONE PERSON DEFEATS YOU  AND THEN ANOTHER RANDOM PERSON HITS YOU WOULD THEY BREACH THE FAIR PLAY RULES  BECAUSE THEY DONT SEE FIRES FROM YOUR PREVIOUS DEFEAT)

p.S YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME IN ORDER TO GUESS THE CHOICES ID MAKE :)

I don't really go into trying to make a point with a ruby player with a fixed vision, its normally a fruitless exercise, especially when they can't grasp the thought behind the idea.    (ALMOST  99% OF THE RUBIES IVE HAD HAVE COME FROM THE WHEEL)

Fair play has never existed with some elements of the game, which is the reason I have the fires, and also the reason that many others do. It is also a big reason that many players leave the game, its called bullying!
    Many players still attack burning castles that say they follow FPR, why!    They tell you they thought you had left the game, been there many times as well! If you contact the alliance management you get nowhere, and this is supposed FP alliances, that I could list.
    So don't quote something that only exists when its suits!        (FAIR PLAY DOES EXIST FOR SOME ALLIANCES  ,, YES SOME CASTLES ON FIRE STILL GET HIT  IF THE CASTLE LOOKS INACTIVE  NO LOOT SCORE YOU CANT WIN IT ALL .. RES CAN BE SENT BACK IF A MISTAKE IS MADE)

If you are going to answer a post please keep my txt apart from that which you add, as its not professional to mix them.  (LOL)

It would be nice if you experienced the sort of tactics and hassle that some other players experience  ;) , you may have a bit of sympathy for them, especially as sometimes its just through speaking out about the game.  ( SO I SHOULD BE BULLIED IN ORDER TO FEEL WHAT YOU FEEL)

Again! what do you gain from a castle remaining on fire after you have done the initial attack?  (THE ATTACKER GAINS NOTHING FROM THE DEFENDER BEING ON FIRE  .. BUT ITS THE DEFENDERS JOB TO PUT THEM OUT )

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 733
    THE ATTACKER GAINS NOTHING FROM THE DEFENDER BEING ON FIRE  .. BUT ITS THE DEFENDERS JOB TO PUT THEM OUT

The attacker spends 1 minute to set up the attack.
    The defender's job for the next 1 week is to put out the fires. During that time, nothing can be built in that castle.

I sense a slight imbalance here and there...

What if the attacker would need 1 week to set up the attack and the defender would need 1 minute to put out the fires? (Ridiculous beyond imagination. I know. ;-) )
    Wiglema (NL1)
    THE ATTACKER GAINS NOTHING FROM THE DEFENDER BEING ON FIRE  .. BUT ITS THE DEFENDERS JOB TO PUT THEM OUT

The attacker spends 1 minute to set up the attack.
    The defender's job for the next 1 week is to put out the fires. During that time, nothing can be built in that castle.

I sense a slight imbalance here and there...

What if the attacker would need 1 week to set up the attack and the defender would need 1 minute to put out the fires? (Ridiculous beyond imagination. I know. ;-) )

What if the defender  had troops to defend with and won .... we can all play the WHAT IF GAME
    Sounds like you are one of the GB infamous. Spouts FP but doesn't understand it. 

Like sending 11 wave attacks of high lvl mead troops at burning castles, to make sure fires are 100%, that's fair according to you.

Its no wonder the GB server is emptying, with players like you, who just feed off the lower players who don't buy rubies, and are easy targets for you, and all you can say is, well! defend yourself, talk about a stupid statement to make. Why do you think F2P players have had enough, we can't defend against high level players who buy attackers, tools and relic equipment. Thats why they have had enough.
    The game is now fixed so that F2P players cannot defend against the high level attacks, but GGE have pushed to far, and the game has overbalanced in your type of favour, and you know it, so does GGE, but suddenly servers are emptying, accounts gone dormant, sounds like your going to have a lovely game with your own kind, and you know what happens when hyena's turn on each other.

I really can't believe your statement, you really must have your head in the clouds, or somewhere else.

Lol you make so many Assumptions 

Ive never had 11 waves 
    Ive never bought relic equipment

My tools and troops come from the BS and event rewards

I hardly do PVP  unless its the odd shady lady for achievements 

But its a good try on your part to assume  :) 
    @fierdragon (GB1)
    What if the defender  had troops to defend with and won .... we can all play the WHAT IF GAME

I was responding to the obvious sarky shot at me above!, and I was just making sure that any readers would see the full history of the fires, and lack of defence. 
    Others of your denials I still don't accept, but that's my prerogative.
    I am surprised someone of your level does Shady, which most fair play alliances no longer do, because of the setup's, but at least its not my assumption, but your admittance to that.
    I am also surprised regarding your criticism to the post anyway if you hardly do PvP, but! we all have our critics.
    Shady is done purely because i havent completed those achievements saying that all targets are 20+ clicks away and not on fire  as per fair play . 

Just because i rarely pvp  doesnt mean we/i dont defend  so im aware of the type of hits that come in and the number /type of troops and number of waves.  .  we have had top alliances hit us with multiple hits its just part of the game 
    lol because only your views and opinions are correct :) 
  • Arguing again are we @Pisky (GB1)

When you can build a fire station, use a fire cast, research against fire damage, defend the attack, and have the option of time skips,
    fire damage isn't really on a lot of players minds...

Anyways, most of us have alliances to help with the resource costs.
  • Oh and don't worry about the cost of time skips, you can hit Robber Barons for 5 min skips, you'll soon have enough for your 20 hour building
  • I've seen a few of your posts and what makes them any more in peoples minds, than this, if fact some have nothing to do with the lower levels, just yourselves and above.
    Every one of your suggestions has a down side, and you really need to clue up on those options, within real situations
    Looks like you're suggestions only really affect yourself too, maybe if you played the game, you could sort your fires, instead of getting GGS to help you.

That latter sentence is ironic, I've yet to see your threads have any nice discussion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file