Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A fix for Outer events to make it better Mods and CM's

Here is a fix to make most Outers events (not the switch one) better and more interesting for all Players weather a F2P/low buyer or even a Whale.

Most are based on getting points from other players but the defender gets nothing if they win but more attacks usually from the Semi Whales and Whales until you are defeated and just quit.  In some cases the Whales alliance will clean out your troops and then the rest come and rape you of any points you may still have.  Again you just give up and do not come back.

So here is a fix and I am sure would make it more lively at least for a few months or even a year.

If an attacker LOSES the battle, the DEFENDER gets the amount of points that the attacker would have won and it comes from the attackers total.

So if a Whale attacker hit me and lost and would have gotten 500 points they now lose 500 points from THEIR total.  It will make Semi Whales and some Whales think twice about attacking and will actually take skill and strategy to score high.

So if a player wants to send out 50 attacks at once they better be good attacks as if they lose some what they gain in the wins may just disappear right away.

Sure the first Whale may win but the others that try and just clean you out with 30-50 troop attacks may lose and in the end you at least survive.

If  they all send big attacks then they also have to BUY troops and tools which is a win for for GGE studios.

Yes I know some will just put in Alts for easy points for many but they will just disappear quickly and once used up they are done for getting points.  So that solves that issue to some extent.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,357
    A system like that would mean I first lose 10% of my points 10 times before I can take 10% of your points. I don't see how that's fair.
  • I do not think you quite understand what I am saying.   Lets use us as an example.

We both have 5000 points to start.

You launch an attack on me so the winner would get 500 points (10%) which is the current lost ratio in Outers for attack wins.   

So you win Poseidon X, and you go up to 5500 points and I drop to 4500 (you gain 500, I lose 500)

If you lose Poseidon X,  you go down to 4500 and I go up to 5500 because I won on Defense (you lose 500, I gain 500)

Again it is 10% of what you have that is at stake and GGE could even put a cap at say no more than 1000 is won/lost.

Of course once a player points change the 10% rule says that if your next attack is a lost, you would only drop down by 450 points not 500 (10% of 4500 points).

This would make the game more strategy based and actually give defenders something for wins.

It would have players think about attacks and not just have a Super Whale clean out a player and then several of their team send 30-40 troop attacks right away and just finish cleaning out the player's points.

It would take actual strategy and game knowledge on attacks and defense to get points.   Not just someone using a Credit Card to keep buying till they win.  Of course GGE still would get buyers as some will want to be on top.   Just that they would have to actually play the game.

And if you lost your first 10 attacks you would still have some points as the total only goes down 10% of what you have.

As for the fairness how is it fair that a Whale from a super alliance cleans out a players troops via 2 or 3 attacks and then others from that top alliance just finish cleaning that player out with weak attacks of 30-40 troops.   

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    I am sorry, but it doesn't take 1 attack to clear someone.

Let's say it takes 3 hits, we both start at 5k.
    After my first hit, I go down to 4500 and you go up to 5500.
    You said the attacker loses what he would've won, and thus, I will now lose even more, I will lose 550 and go down to 3950. With my third hit, I manage to defeat you and take 10% of your now 6050 points, which is 605.
    That brings me back up to 4600. 

Now that's only with 2 defeats, when bigger players go up against each other it can sometimes take 10 or 20, sometimes even 30+ attacks. A system like this would mean it's in no way shape or form worth it to attack anyone who even has a chance at defending. As a result, whales wouldn't attack anyone other than the weakest players.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    Yeah this isnt gonna help  lol 

Now that's only with 2 defeats, when bigger players go up against each other it can sometimes take 10 or 20, sometimes even 30+ attacks. A system like this would mean it's in no way shape or form worth it to attack anyone who even has a chance at defending. As a result, whales wouldn't attack anyone other than the weakest players.

You mean like they do now!    So no change there then.
    Its funny really!, that a war game, supposing to resemble a real war, like we get told, over and over, yet in this one you want the attacking losers to win the points/glory, as well as when winning.

Weird type of war when you think about it, big players never lose, even when they lose!  Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Believe me, they attack others too lol. You just don't see it, you only see the attacks on yourself and your teammates.
    I have seen us clear the biggest players in the game, 100-200k defenders in misty outers. Last outers 2 people worked together to clear 300k defenders from one player.

Claiming bigger players don't attack each other is just silly, personal vendettas play a far bigger role than you might think. 
    We've had "wars" with big alliances almost every Outer realms event, nr1 vs nr2 mostly.
    Probably I was thinking more of the normal game as I don't play outers anyway.

Of course there has always been an underlying concern voiced over and over about high level players and alliances in outers attacking each other but purely to do with fixing point scams within the game!
    That's still a thing in outers but not to the extent you might think, it's often only 2-5 people who do it. In horizon, entire alliances send their points back and forth to boost their personal scores.
  • Not going to beat a dead horse but you got the numbers wrong on what I was saying on how it would work Poseidon.

I guess maybe a easier way to make is more interesting for all is to have 2 versions of the event run at the same time.

The buyer version, which would have much better rewards and unlimited buying of  rubies and such.

A Second lower version with lesser amounts of rewards but also has limited buying of rubies allowed and other limits on stuff like ruby commanders.

So the Semi Whales and Whales can fight for the BIG rewards.

The F2P and low spenders can fight for smaller rewards but not have to worry about being totally destroyed by Whales.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    If an attacker LOSES the battle, the DEFENDER gets the amount of points that the attacker would have won and it comes from the attackers total.

So if a Whale attacker hit me and lost and would have gotten 500 points they now lose 500 points from THEIR total.  It will make Semi Whales and some Whales think twice about attacking and will actually take skill and strategy to score high.
    This means that if we both have 5k and it takes me 3 hits to clear that the following events will occur.
    I lose the points I would gain if I were to defeat you, 10% of 5k = 500.
    I am now on 4500 points and you're on 5500.
    I again lose the points I would've gained from defeating you, 10% of 5500 = 550.
    I am now down to 3950 points and you're up to 6050.
    Now I finally defeat you and take 10% of your points, 10% of 6050 = 605.
    I am now on 4555 points and you're on 5445 points.

The more attacks it takes me to defeat you the more points you will end with.

But you're right, beating a dead horse is pointless.
  • The 10% I would win from a Defense win is based on your total points not mine.

Your wins as attacker is based on my total points.  

My Defense wins are based on your total points.

So if you had 4500 I would only get 450 not 550.

If you hit me a 3rd time and lost my points from you would be based on your 4050 points now.

So I would win 405 points. (10% of 4050).

Last point is you are right if it took you 4 times to defeat me I would still most likely have more points than you still unless I was defeated by others between your attacks who took some of my points.

Also GGE could put a cap on points a Defense player would get like 1K max.

The whole idea was to give some reward for defense wins.  Just staying the same point total is not a reward really.

This would also make it more of a strategy and skill game then just a spend on Credit Card for wins.

Enough, we move on as GGE Studio would not do as this would not please the spenders at all.   Makes the game much harder for them to pay to win.   They still would in the end but not as easy.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Strong players with great defences are nearly fully save. Noone would ever attack them unless a whole army of players who will in the end completely crush the points. In all other situations its not worth to attack at all.

That means exactly like Poseidon wrote, that the whales and semi whales will attack the easy targets constantly. Obviously because that will be the best way to get points.

And the more points they have the more will they avoid any enemy which might be able to defend successfully.

Such a system will be mainly good for the whales and semi whales.
    Everyone who might loose a fight against a relic commander with  5 additional waves will be in a great danger.

I dont see any advantage for average players with such a system.

And we did not even speak about fake accounts who just go there to intentionally loose all points to their friends.

• Agree Magus the Great and that is why I am packing it in for a long time to see if GGE actually does anything on the bugs and the poorly designed events.

They are nothing but a way for Semi Whales and Whales to beat up on F2P and Low buyers for rewards.

Maybe things will get better but I would not even put a dollar on it happening.

As long as GGE Studio keeps the money coming in from Whales they will just cruise along.

And once enough Whales stop or really limit their spending it will be  to late for GGE to really make quick changes.

Thanks for the opinion all and just remember we all got friends in Real Life and in our alliances.  I will be checking in  now and then with them.  But even my low spending will stop.   

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,484
    Strong players with great defences are nearly fully save. Noone would ever attack them unless a whole army of players who will in the end completely crush the points. In all other situations its not worth to attack at all.

That means exactly like Poseidon wrote, that the whales and semi whales will attack the easy targets constantly. Obviously because that will be the best way to get points.

And the more points they have the more will they avoid any enemy which might be able to defend successfully.

Everyone who might loose a fight against a relic commander with  5 additional waves will be in a great danger.

And we did not even speak about fake accounts who just go there to intentionally loose all points to their friends.

alliances also join up with eachother so the big whales are in the same alliances and don't attack eachother.
    in my opinion this event should be set similar to horizon that you can only go there as an alliance if the player has been a member of the relevant alliance for at least 1 week.
    flug @ nl 1
    Strong players with great defences are nearly fully save. Noone would ever attack them unless a whole army of players who will in the end completely crush the points. In all other situations its not worth to attack at all.

alliances also join up with eachother so the big whales are in the same alliances and don't attack eachother.
    in my opinion this event should be set similar to horizon that you can only go there as an alliance if the player has been a member of the relevant alliance for at least 1 week.
    That means smaller servers stand even less of a chance.
  • Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 56
    Balance, in the game as always been the problem and I can't see its ever being fixed.

We use to get points on defending attacks, in our normal game (was it honour? cannot remember), but that stopped some time ago.

Outer, to me is all about money, to get players to buy the best attack commander and then you have to buy to defend, if you want a chance to survive. A guy attacked yesterday so spent about 24k rubies on defenders and the defender tool for the castle and what do you get back, about 2k glory rubies for winning.

The annoying thing in there (as its been mentioned before), is when it takes you the 7 days to accumulate a decent amount and then you get attacked by someone who is going nowhere. They already have their position and would need an excessive amount to progress further. They have no chance of that, but still attack, which does impact you. You find a lot of big alliances have pacts. We actually had a non aggressive with a neighbour, which was nice, but you are still surrounded by others.

What astounded me yesterday, was the amount of accounts entering at the end. It's like throwing bird seed out to the vultures. I couldn't see my castle for my friends attacks (I know we can turn them off). Green turned purple.

Game owners need to make money, but its how much they take, before their games die.

Finally, we had Samurai, but aren't those shop points rewards now out of date. Level 20 food producing when we now get them from positions in events. Also, didn't we also get sceats from there, but can't find them now?

like they have a change now :)  
    flug @ nl 1

They do, look at your own server for example...

They do, look at your own server for example...
    wich other server should i look then except my own?
    flug @ nl 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file