Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Unspecified update?

So it appears we have a downtime for an update tomorrow, but no word on what the update will be. I know ggs isn't great about communicating, but that's frustrating, and given recent history, leaves me concerned that they may be implementing another new horror show of an update. Can any mods/cms shed some light on the content of the update, and assuage our fears?

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,331
    The update notes will be released during the downtime. It's a content update.
  • The update notes will be released during the downtime. It's a content update.
    any idea how long - I missed the RB\K last night and wanted to hit before it went ?
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Rickk (GB1)Rickk (GB1) GB1 Posts: 5
    Maybe a little more direction to where these notes are hidden would be helpful  not getting any joy finding them but maybe I need new glasses or a white stick or guide dog to help? 👀😊

• Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) US1 Posts: 164
    what was the bloody downtime and what's the update for God's sake ?? anyone care to explain ?
    or they forgot people play this game or just all are bots created by GGS.
    I posted the update notes.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 202
    do we really need  more Relic Shards lol im up at 65k already 
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 723

Thanks for the update notes. For a content update it isn't much, I'd say... it's just a (little) bit of reshuffling of existing content IMO.
    Anyway, to the specifics:

Quest Changes

The popular Battlecry Quest currently grants Epic Equipment to those of you that complete it every day and this results in players building up lots of these pieces by the late game which clogs their inventory. This is set to change with our latest update. Now players above level 70 will instead receive a chase of Relic Shards.

Contrary to GGS's believe of its popularity, I believe that it's not a popular quest at all; it's just a by-product of farming RBCs. Anyway, this basically changes the rewards from 11 useless equipment pieces (10 from the RBCs and 1 from the quest) to 10 useless equipment pieces and a handful of shards. Hardly an improvement, I'd say, but if GGS say "to bring you the best changes" this is as far as it gets, I suppose.

Updating Event Schedule

The Seasonal Nobility Contest has had a schedule displayed in game that was set when the event started. This was impossible to change if the later events were rescheduled. After this update the schedule shown in the Seasonal Nobility Contest will update on a daily basis, keeping you well informed of what’s coming up!

Would be good if this works as advertised, but we'll have to wait and see...

Changes in the Research Tower

This update is bringing some changes to the Research Tower! We’ve not made many changes here in the recent past and it’s time to shake things up a bit. We’ve reorganised the research in the tower to make the progression more intuitive for newer players. Your current progression won’t be affected!

I don't see how the left-to-right progression is more intuitive than the old top-to-bottom layout, but I do like that it takes up less space on the screen, so that less scrolling is needed. But please do something about the choice of colours... some things are harder to read than before: 

Wiglema (NL1)
  • BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 180
    The colour feedback has already been shared, will make sure it is in our update feedback/weekly feedback too.
  • Update was a bunch of nothing really.

Most I know have not pushed the daily's for months and years.  Get a few low end rewards in day to day stuff but that is it.  Maybe new players if there are any do it more.

Change to Research tower is purely visual.  I see nothing new to do or gain.  Big Woop....LoL

My long term bird starts tonight.  Will see if GGE makes any real progress in 6 months.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Sorry Mod Poseidon and Mod Daisho but that is the facts.

Why not spend the time fixing the bugs with mead and the white screen and several others that have been around for 6+ months to years.

All we can get from you all is they are working on it.  Really, they been working on some for over 6 months or a year and still cannot get it fixed.  Many of us just do not think GGE Studio's has the skill set to actually fix most bugs unless they are very minor.

If any major bug got fixed now that would be a update and positive for many players.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    I will give you some facts as well, bug fixing is important, but regular content updates are more important.
    I will see you in 6 months, enjoy your time.
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 419
    I will give you some facts as well, bug fixing is important, but regular content updates are more important.

Only if those updates are good for players, rather than GGE which has been the case this year.

Are you sure you don't work for GGE!.  ;);)
  • I will Poseidon and maybe the white screen and mead will be fixed by then.

Yes new content can be nice but this was a bunch of nothing really for most players.

No new way to get sceats, no reduction on amounts needed announced.

No new way to get BTH materials even if by using rubies.

So many things they could do that would impact players in positive ways.

I will PM you in 5 or 6 months to get a update on stuff Poseidon and see what happens then.

Sincerely,

Justinlegoboy
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Only if those updates are good for players, rather than GGE which has been the case this year.

Are you sure you don't work for GGE!.  ;);)
    it's just the harsh reality when it comes to bugs, the vast majority of the player base doesn't encounter them or doesn't realize it. Hence why content updates are seen as more important. This goes for every game and almost every bug.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,442
    Sorry Mod Poseidon and Mod Daisho but that is the facts.

Why not spend the time fixing the bugs with mead and the white screen and several others that have been around for 6+ months to years.

All we can get from you all is they are working on it.  Really, they been working on some for over 6 months or a year and still cannot get it fixed.  Many of us just do not think GGE Studio's has the skill set to actually fix most bugs unless they are very minor.

If any major bug got fixed now that would be a update and positive for many players.
    that's not bodering GGE only players  and that's not important.
    flug @ nl 1
  • I posted the update notes.
    No new feast option? Shame...
    Who asked for a rejig of the research tower, or more relic shards?
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,442
    that is to prepare the next update under the motto, players have too many shards
    flug @ nl 1
  • I posted the update notes.
      only 65k - I have 448,018 - tried to find decent relic equipment doing quests and ended up selling 99% of the resulting relic pieces - last outers managed to keep one of 6 gems as the rest were just utter C**p !

this is a bad update as just cosmetic - we still have visual glitches on travel times and castles mirroring themselves in outers to name but 2 !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 419
    I've noticed today on the event relic quests, that all of a sudden I've had 3 pre 200 shard reward items, which are very, very low level, never had that in one set of rewards, whats the odds!.
    Time to stop the risk / chances with them I think. I got 139k of shards, so yep, can see inflation setting in.  lol
  • No new feast option? Shame...
    Who asked for a rejig of the research tower, or more relic shards?
    or changing MB descriptions or sceats reduction
    BTW HOL temp-build item looks ridiculous too bad it won't be in there (let's hope they reduce prices)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file