Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,331

so why they increased horsetail and berimond low chest ?
    anyway all what i wish is they increase the limits and reduce prices even 25% are acceptable (if you want them to make prices as before forget it they won't repeat the mistake again)
    They contributed to the amount of gold and silver people got that they would/could then spend towards nomads
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386

so why they increased horsetail and berimond low chest ?
    anyway all what i wish is they increase the limits and reduce prices even 25% are acceptable (if you want them to make prices as before forget it they won't repeat the mistake again)
    They contributed to the amount of gold and silver people got that they would/could then spend towards nomads

Just curious by why the increase in wheel of fortune tickets price? You never really got much in good tools from it so the only thing I can think of why GGS would nerf it is cause it was a good source of rubies for people who didnt want to spend money.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• how about wheel of unimaginable affluence doesn't it gives you many rubies as well or the chances are different (played it twice due to alliance league bug)
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    edited 04.07.2021
    how about wheel of unimaginable affluence doesn't it gives you many rubies as well or the chances are different (played it twice due to alliance league bug)
    Wheel of unimaginable affluence does give you more rubies, but it is harder to actually get the rubies.

I would buy around 50k silver worth of wheel of fortune tickets and usually get around 30k rubies each time i think, its been a while since Ive done it.

For the wheel of unimaginable affluence I didn't get any rubies the last three times i rolled like 400 tickets. However you get a lot of troops and good tools from that wheel as opposed to the wheel of fortune which only has a couple valuable things such as vip time, vip points, and rubies.

Biggest difference is that the wheel of fortune could be used more often without needing to spend a bunch of money as opposed to the wheel of unimaginable affluence where you needed to spend money or save up for a long time.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• Soul4Life2 (NL1)Soul4Life2 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 337
    BM_Daisho said:
    BM_Daisho said:
    Although I wasn't at the Empire Q&A Discussion, someone took notes and I read up the summary from it. The information that the CM gave was very interesting and the people in the Q&A received it very well. Nothing like this has really ever happened before and overall people said it was a good "chat" between community members and the CM. I don't think talking to a Stillfront employee would make the situation any clearer, the CM who was there said everything that needed to be said. 

From what we know about the chain of command, only a Stillfront employee/manager, would be able to give players viable answers, as you have said many times before, you and the CM can only provide reports between players and stillfront. As has been shown in the current MB, its a case of no one listening, and nothing being changed, so I don't see that as a positive reaction in any way. Its probable that any discussion is going to be trying to keep a lid on it with promises, of a maybe, lets wait and see answer, and try to appease the ruby buyers to keep revenue flowing, until you realise that the player base has shrunk even more.
    I think it will be an interesting watch, wait, and see, time.
    Just because the decision hasn't been reversed or changed in the way we would like it to doesn't mean the studio hasn't listened and heard the feedback.
    They might have listned an heard the feedback............ but when they do nothing with the feedback they listned with deaf ears
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • Dark mind (SKN1)Dark mind (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 57
    To say that the blacksmith change is done to balance the game is just to stupid. First of all we have a lot
    off nomad currency because it is nothing to use it on. NOT the players fault but GGE!!

And you dont get 10 mil in stock if you haven't worked hard. Even if you buy bonuses. But here GGE is punishing us
    for actually have done what they want us to do, Spend money!! So why should we spend more money in this game when we don't know how GGE will punish us.. 

They did the same thing with the new smurf (blue) equipment. Expensive red equipment went obsolete over night.
    But the difference was that we got something in return that benefited all players.

The biggest issue here is that this hits the smaller player harder than the big players anyways... They dont have loads of nomad currency to use on silver. So instead of balancing out the game the difference just gets bigger... 
    Can't GGE see that?? It's not rocket science you know. 

But also GGE loses big on this, with players leaving the game or stopp using money the game becomes just a big
    chat channel. You log on just to talk to friends but don't bother with anything else. For now mater what you do
    you cant trust GGE not to punish you for it at some time.. And since we never get any information about witch direction the game is heading then it's even more frustrating. 

Today's little blowout, have a nice day.
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    Damaden (US1) said:
    Plus, they still haven't provided any add'l color on what is meant by game imbalances. According to them and the mods, grinding hard for year, saving your khan tabs, then deciding to spend them on something is a game imbalance. That of course is ludicrous and makes zero sense.
    None of us have ever said that. It's not about the fact that people save up their tokens, it's the fact that they can accumulate so many in such a short period of time. And due to the outdated nature of these event shops, people have just been stockpiling them for ages.
    Now we are starting to get somewhere. tbh, I am a little flummoxed at how nuanced the reasons for this update are, but such is always the case when getting to the truth.

First, I had no idea what was meant by ingame currency. Then, I learned it meant specifically khan tabs and that some (many?) players are sitting on tens of millions of them. Recall, it was GGS that said, "massively inflated". That implies the problem is players' total balance.

But, now I learn, it is not directly about the amount players are sitting on. Rather, it is about how quickly they can accumulate them.

And, considering that the nomad rewards were recently updated to include a 2,500 PO deco at 175K khan points, it has become abundantly clear that that reward is intended for the big spenders only.

Good to know as I wallow in the sub-30k swamp.
    Damaden (US1) said:
    Plus, they still haven't provided any add'l color on what is meant by game imbalances. According to them and the mods, grinding hard for year, saving your khan tabs, then deciding to spend them on something is a game imbalance. That of course is ludicrous and makes zero sense.
    None of us have ever said that. It's not about the fact that people save up their tokens, it's the fact that they can accumulate so many in such a short period of time. And due to the outdated nature of these event shops, people have just been stockpiling them for ages.
    First, I had no idea what was meant by ingame currency. Then, I learned it meant specifically khan tabs and that some (many?) players are sitting on tens of millions of them. Recall, it was GGS that said, "massively inflated". That implies the problem is players' total balance.

But, now I learn, it is not directly about the amount players are sitting on. Rather, it is about how quickly they can accumulate them.

And, considering that the nomad rewards were recently updated to include a 2,500 PO deco at 175K khan points, it has become abundantly clear that that reward is intended for the big spenders only.

Good to know as I wallow in the sub-30k swamp.
    It's not the case that everyone has 10 million, that's pretty clear. I think I was told the amounts people had quadrupled.
    The main issue isn't how easy it is to get these tokens, but the fact that it's so easy has caused this inflation in the first place.
    Due to this, it's hard to implement new items that are well balanced. 
  • Just a thought the title of this topic is a little (rather allot really) misleading as I believe it to be a downgrade not an upgrade. 

• the thing that confused me why didn't they thought about that when they created broken plates shop (or when MB was out) instead of doing updates that everyone will like it then RIP in one update
    Just a thought the title of this topic is a little (rather allot really) misleading as I believe it to be a downgrade not an upgrade. 

The title says update, not upgrade ;)
  • poiuyt (WORLD1)poiuyt (WORLD1) Posts: 368
    edited 08.07.2021
    no matter what it's called  it's update at the end
  • Just a thought the title of this topic is a little (rather allot really) misleading as I believe it to be a downgrade not an upgrade. 

The title says update, not upgrade ;)
    Oops so it does, it should still be downgrade though ;)

• ik it's going to be a bit hard question to mods (fell free to not answering it) by how much did event tools (and events currencies if you want) did they get lowered from stocks (percentage pls)
    ik it's going to be a bit hard question to mods (fell free to not answering it) by how much did event tools (and events currencies if you want) did they get lowered from stocks (percentage pls)
    No idea
  • Vex (AU1)Vex (AU1) AU1 Posts: 6
    edited 22.07.2021
    Yo GGE

I've been out of chests for nomads and flags for glory events pretty much since this change was implemented , also spending all my gold and silver just to keep actively looting
    So guess ya want my credit card details for a max supply of tools?!

Nah get stuffed, you treat loyal customers like **** on ya shoe! 
    If I didn't care about the people I've come to meet on here, I'd happily delete my account
    0/10 would not recommend to anyone! even a stranger

Been around here since 2013-2014 on and off , and I knew the Studio that ran this game was always pretty useless but the last few years have been a complete ****show, remember small changes like a snow map in GE for Christmas (something small and useless I know) but it showed they were invested and keeping an eye on us all.

So yeah , I'm ******** pissed , ban me , delete me. To be honest I don't even think GGS is capable of handing out a quick ban lol

P.S anyone know of any similar games to this? I'll see ya there :blush:  
    Post edited by BM_Daisho on
  • Joe Dub (GB1)Joe Dub (GB1) GB1 Posts: 54
    It took a while but it turns out the samurai do exist. So once again I've been getting brain strain trying to work out the break even point to see if the long wait is worth it or just a build up to unfathomable grind.

Samurai

Gate stormer – 253 silver - 1100
    Swivelling Shield – 231 silver - 1100
    Folding ladder – 220 silver -1100
    Case of samurai tokens – 187 silver - 1100
    Case of samurai tokens – 748 silver - 1100
    Chest of the shogun – 450 silver - 600
    Chest of the shogun – 1800 Silver – 600
    Tool cost total – 3889

To break even you need to achieve 9000 points as this will reward you with 4030 silver coins as well as 3500 gold.

The total silver coin reward give out is 28120
    The total gold coin reward give out is 10000
    Points needed to receive all rewards including a 2500po deco (80k points) is 350k.

This seems like a very lucrative event and easy to break even in.

If you use the ladders, rams and shields as boosters overall you get,
    5500 3% boosters
    1200 6% boosters

Now rounded we will  say per hit using three waves for boosters so 390 boosters per hit giving 900 points on average when using 3% boosters.

From what you can buy you can get
    3% booster - 14 hits - 12600 points
    6% booster - 3 hits - 5400 points
    Combined total 18k points. This will get you 8040 silver coin and 7500 gold coins

Not doing these booster hits on max lvl camps would mean less than 18k but it is possible without time skips to reach the 18k. So time skips do not need to factor in the break even cost.

Again this is based on what you can buy on the day the event comes around. nothing you've previously stocked up on in previous weeks (months/years in samurais case) is counted in the break even costs. So you'll need keep track and add in that for yourself if you want a true break even cost.

Its a lucrative event with minimal grind. Id say its worth aiming for 12500 points each event as it will give you a great surplus of silver and gold coins. 6520 silver and 7500 gold coin to be exact without taking off the booster costs.

No wonder GGE keeps this event hidden away. The coin rewards are great with an achievable decoration reward for those with surplus silver coin for unlimited boosters and happy for  a bit of grind.
    No wonder GGE keeps this event hidden away. The coin rewards are great with an achievable decoration reward for those with surplus silver coin for unlimited boosters and happy for  a bit of grind.
    I can assure you that if this were to be the case that they would've just increased the required points to get the deco to 175k like it is in nomads. The whole reason it's higher in nomads is that the khan event helps out a lot. Also, if you want 2.5k po I would argue you're better of just hitting a few forts and buying them for 10k rubies.
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 723
    Poseidon X Angel said:
    [...] Also, if you want 2.5k po I would argue you're better of just hitting a few forts and buying them for 10k rubies.
    Another illustration how obsolete some parts of the game have become..., the best deco in the building menu gives only 270 po and costs 66k rubies. The amount of public order alone doesn't make sense at all anymore, and the price is just ridiculous, especially if you can get 2500 po for just 10k rubies (but where... I can't find it).
    Wiglema (NL1)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file