Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Monument, and Lab Hoarders

Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 450
edited 09.07.2021 in General Discussion

Why do we have a monthly mess, regarding Monuments, and Lab's. This has been going on for so long its silly. GGE only fuel the problem when it could be stopped in 1 capture.

Why do players and alliances hoard Mon's & Lab's and make the situation even worse than it is, ( many of the open alliances seem guilty of this).

Why don't alliances teach new players how the system of Mon's and Labs work, thus reducing the attemted stealing of them, when they are of no use to many of them at their levels anyway.

Looking at 1 open alliance I see currently they hold no less than 19 labs and mons, when they only really need a total of 5, any sensible reason.

They have only 26 members !.

I senior player is holding 4x6 mons, and 2 same labs, and i have seen even more than that previously. Any sense in that!.

To make it even worse these alliances then proudly state they are followers of FairPlay rules, (doesn't seem so)

They also make a declaration

"We do not tolerate attacks on labs or monuments. Any attacks on monuments or labs or theft of rvs or ops will be met with extreme reprisals."

So even though they have taken more than needed, they warn others what will happen if anyone try's to take one, some will even threaten war over it.

Needed!  in an alliance-----1 Monument(lvl 6 pref), and 1 lab for each Kingdom.

I have had some stirring conversations with new players over this subject, and most were unaware of how they worked, and that being in an alliance they didn't need them, and some were so low level they were of no use to them.Their response is normally why didn't the alliance tell them ?

Now we know that GGE can cure this in a click, and also defuse the rows, but won't. Surely now is the time for alliances that undertake this practice, stops it. Normally within an 1 hr, even less, the alliance knows what they have, so why don't they just abandon those they don't need, for others to cap.

For caps underway from low level players just a quick PM explaining they don't need them is better than multi sabbing, or attacks.

Comments

• AmazingBrian7 (GB1)AmazingBrian7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 75
    edited 10.07.2021
    are you Piouyt in disguise ?
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    How cares about labs and monuments really not that big of a deal either

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 207
    omg, where do you even need labs? Any serious player doesn't have any production ore, coal, oil or glass. That's the fact. And monuments, other than big one is useless and even big one is, if you dont fill it. And then again we can argue is there point any more to get those 20% more glory... Only stupid ppl cant do the math and still produce those kingdom resources.

And monuments, it doesn't count how many you have them, only the biggest one is calculated so if you have say 10 minor 2% or what they are, you get only 2% advantage, that's all, not 10 x 2 %.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • are you Piouyt in disguise ?
    *cought* you are asking  my identity *cought*
  • looroll12345 (GB1)looroll12345 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 106
    edited 10.07.2021

Why do we have a monthly mess, regarding Monuments, and Lab's. This has been going on for so long its silly. GGE only fuel the problem when it could be stopped in 1 capture.

Why do players and alliances hoard Mon's & Lab's and make the situation even worse than it is, ( many of the open alliances seem guilty of this).

Why don't alliances teach new players how the system of Mon's and Labs work, thus reducing the attemted stealing of them, when they are of no use to many of them at their levels anyway.

Looking at 1 open alliance I see currently they hold no less than 19 labs and mons, when they only really need a total of 5, any sensible reason.

I senior player is holding 4x6 mons, and 2 same labs, and i have seen even more than that previously. Any sense in that!.

To make it even worse these alliances then proudly state they are followers of FairPlay rules, (doesn't seem so)

"We do not tolerate attacks on labs or monuments. Any attacks on monuments or labs or theft of rvs or ops will be met with extreme reprisals."

So even though they have taken more than needed, they warn others what will happen if anyone try's to take one, some will even threaten war over it.

Hey look, I can see you're talking about me, and my 26 member alliance, which is not that small in the current days of GB1 I'll have you know... LOL
    Firstly, we've never even heard of you, so don't comment on how don't seem to follow fair play rules, we do. Our hoarding of mons and labs is not consistent by any means, but also doesn't go against fair play rules either.
    We get what we can, and any spares I like to have in case our allied or neighbouring alliances need them. In fact I've had a request today.
    As for your comment on our alliance description, most people don't like their things being captured without request, that doesn't mean you can't ask for one - we don't have any problem giving if you ask nicely lol

Personally, the system works fine if you're active, and in an average sized alliance, if not, alliances like mine are willing to help, players just need to ask for monuments or labs. Luckily some do.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204

Needed!  in an alliance-----1 Monument(lvl 6 pref), and 1 lab for each Kingdom.

I have had some stirring conversations with new players over this subject, and most were unaware of how they worked, and that being in an alliance they didn't need them, and some were so low level they were of no use to them.Their response is normally why didn't the alliance tell them ?

Now we know that GGE can cure this in a click, and also defuse the rows, but won't. Surely now is the time for alliances that undertake this practice, stops it. Normally within an 1 hr, even less, the alliance knows what they have, so why don't they just abandon those they don't need, for others to cap.

For caps underway from low level players just a quick PM explaining they don't need them is better than multi sabbing, or attacks.

Not really sure what your problem is  If  an Alliance sends out captures on multiple monument/labs and gets them on the reset day then they are still within the fair play  . 

If Another alliance such as mine  doesnt manage to get a Monument/Lab the easy solution  is to message the guys with the monument/lab and nicely ask if you can capture one  .. Its really not that big of a issue 
  • Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 74
    What would be nice for monuments and labs is to treat them the same way as aqua islands, RV's etc. So if two players go for it while it's still empty, the first players takes it and then there is no battle that occurs once the second player reaches. Would save a lot of time with unnecessary auto wars and peace requests straight afterwards.
    Also they should alter when they spawn instead of always been the same time. It's unfair for players in some time zones when they always reset during sleeping hours.
    Tony C @ WWW 1
  • looroll12345 (GB1)looroll12345 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 106
    edited 10.07.2021
    Youv'e read the other comment re: how many are needed by an alliance, so why take more than needed. If you only capped what was required, you wouldn't need to be so magnanamous in giving them away, those around you that needed them could simply cap what they needed. I would also argue that your hoarding of Mons and Labs IS consistant, on a monthly basis, and as a poster has said serious players don't need labs.
    If I let other alliances around me take them, what if they also capture multiple sites but are not so kind in sharing?

Also, sending multiple captures is quite common as you aren't guaranteed to get there first. I got lucky this month and as nobody else sent, none of my neighbours seemed interested. What do you expect me to do, drop the captures and hope they are shared evenly?

As I said before, it is handy for diplo - we might not have obtained a lab, or monument on the same or a different month, so they can be handy to trade, or give to improve relations. As I said, we don't consistently get more than one large monument, I haven't been active on the reset night for quite a while.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    In the 5 years + ive been herei cant say theres been a big issue over monuments/lab unless  its been a high hitter who takes them from you just because they can  otherwise  no issue 
  • I've already covered in posts what you have said so I won't bother.
    LOL why make threads when you don't want them answering? I forget your (1 man) 'alliance' probably doesn't bother with diplomacy, or likes to help others.
  • You really are a blinkered player who doesn't absorb what they read if indeed they do read it. If you did you would see previous posts about helping others, and messages of support against a certain class of player, so my concious is clear on that. As I said I cannot remember you in your alliance let alone as a dip, and from what I've read you really havn't got the skill for it either.
    I gave my take, which seemed to agree with fierdragon. Anyways, theres no point making a thread where theres no problems. I'm also a good dip, when I'm not being insulted - though I'm a deputy so its not my job (theres more than 1 player in my alliance).

I mean your not exactly helping others around you by taking 4 x6 Mon's, yourself, and there are a few alliances around you without them(i checked), so what is it, grovel and i may give you one, touch them and war, sounds like a really good dip.
    I can't give those alliances one if they don't ask... you really think I'm going to message them? Get real.

I find myself wondering how you would cope if you found yourself in my situation, but of course you wuldn't let that happen, you said so yourself. So by that statement I would presume you hint that it would be every one for themself
    if anyone crossed a bad guy in your alliance, as long as they left you out of it.

We have crossed several players, but we cope, just like most other players on the game. Perhaps my diplo has helped with that lol
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,479
    @john titor.

Your 2nd para makes my case exactly. So why do they collect and hoard them. Why does my example have so many. They obviusly are wanted by some, and that person is high legendary, yet he hoards them.
    Maybe a split decision on use.   Lol
    if 1 alliance have them, the orher alliances don't have them . they think they get 'stronger' that way.
    flug @ nl 1
  • 2.       Real!, i always have messaged players/ aliances esp those near me if i see i can help. I pm'd one a couple of months ago as they didnt have a Mon but i did, they asked the leader and who said yes and they capped it from me, all within 30m of the  spawning, so i think your wrong  again.
    3.   I had a chuckle here, as you obviously have no idea of crossing the wrong people, and what its about. 
    Saw you edit these several hours after, self-conscious are we?
    Firstly, if they don't ask me, they won't get. I don't have time to scan through alliances to check if they need a monument. I'm surprised I even need to comment on that... I forget you probably have nothing better to do.

As for your latter (edited) comment (I guess you had your chuckle 6 hours after), I know I have done and you just need to deal with it when it happens.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file