Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

US1 Server Crashed

24 hours ago the US1 server crashed and GGE scrambled to get it back up and running.
There was just one hitch....after the food freeze I noticed that 10k troops had completely vanished.
6k Crossbowmen of the Elite Guard vanished from 1 OP and 4K of the same troops from another OP.
That's no small number of troops to go on a hike into oblivion.
Odd thing is, no defenders or stationed troops were affected.
I won't waste horrors on nomads, you don't use a jackhammer on a broken tooth.
This limits my ability to do the events, with what little tools I have already after the BS nerf.
It also affects both my rewards and the alliance as a whole, since I am one of few active participants in my alliance.
I've contacted support but they have not replied, save the courtesy reply stating they recieved my complaint.
Basically GGE is now holding my game hostage in yet another manner. 
Has anyone else suffered losses of troops from their OPs?
Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,843
    Support doesn't answer during the weekends. US1 wasn't the only server to bite the dust this week so I am sure the compensations will be fine.
  • I lost whatever troops I had in my main and all troops from one OP!
  • Lady Iris (US1)Lady Iris (US1) US1 Posts: 53
    Support doesn't answer during the weekends. US1 wasn't the only server to bite the dust this week so I am sure the compensations will be fine.
    Support SHOULD have to answer during the weekends!
    If GGE can run sales all weekend, they sure as hell can run support for problems too.
    As for the compensations being fine...
    GGE's instant fix is to dump a bunch of veterans into your main, which usually starves out everything else there.
    It's not a proper compensation!
    The troops I lost are what I want, not veterans, which eat more than what I was using.
    I think that Support should find a way to roll back the game on the server, to return the exact troops lost.
    It's been done in other games, so it IS possible here as well.
    Also, the events running this weekend offer tons of silver and gold Blacksmith coin rewards.
    GGE SHOULD compensate with Generous Silver & Gold Blacksmith coins for those of us who lost all of our attackers.
    We should not have to buy more attackers to finish the events, especially when we cannot because GGE's "updates" have got us all running on fumes as it is.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,677
    Support SHOULD have to answer during the weekends!
    If GGE can run sales all weekend, they sure as hell can run support for problems too.
    As for the compensations being fine...
    GGE's instant fix is to dump a bunch of veterans into your main, which usually starves out everything else there.
    It's not a proper compensation!
    The troops I lost are what I want, not veterans, which eat more than what I was using.
    I think that Support should find a way to roll back the game on the server, to return the exact troops lost.
    It's been done in other games, so it IS possible here as well.
    Also, the events running this weekend offer tons of silver and gold Blacksmith coin rewards.
    GGE SHOULD compensate with Generous Silver & Gold Blacksmith coins for those of us who lost all of our attackers.
    We should not have to buy more attackers to finish the events, especially when we cannot because GGE's "updates" have got us all running on fumes as it is.

only if it is to their disadvantage will they respond during the weekend
    flug @ nl 1
    I did not hear from them on Monday so I contacted them again yesterday, Still no response.
    I am not the only one this happened to and this problem is not simply going to vanish like my troops.
    When is GGE going to do the right thing?
    I did not hear from them on Monday so I contacted them again yesterday, Still no response.
    I am not the only one this happened to and this problem is not simply going to vanish like my troops.
    When is GGE going to do the right thing?
    Support obviously received a lot of tickets, just being patient is your best bet. Your tickets don't vanish either so making a new one every other day will not result in anything good ;-)
    Well, it's a good thing I did not make a new one every day then, isn't it?   ;)
    Well, it's a good thing I did not make a new one every day then, isn't it?   ;)
    I believe I said every other day, which means Monday, Wednesday, and Friday right? I could very well be wrong, I'm not a native speaker after all ;)
    Well then, it's a good thing I didn't make a new one every OTHER day then, isn't it?  ;)

I could very well be wrong too, but Saturday to Tuesday is 3 days, or so I thought.  :)

• Well I was not aware it was a crash, I thought it was an update maintenance. I lost 5K spear men which I use in FLs Possibly 30K Vet Horrors from 1 OP And 60-70K Horrors from my other 2 OPs. I have contacted support twice as well, but no response as yet. My spear men were split between my 3 OPs and I can't make them anymore so I have been milking them. This has been a serious inconvenience in the last 2 sets of events. I have managed to put together 10K or so attackers to play minimally, but I had to spend Rubies and clean out my Blacksmith for which there should be compensation. I am not a free player, I contribute every month in Rubies and event specials. Seems like GGE is trying to get rid of all of us who are not the big spenders. Was it Saturday? I thought it was Friday when things went south. Anyway this is just about all I can take. I am currently in Hitmen and I may just except my losses and dump this game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file