Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update teaser discussion

Comments

• PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 1,949
    I uhm, have posted the update notes. I am sorry if it's a disappointment, I had high hopes for this one.

• ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - i spend a few quid but this is taking the piss...... i understand that we need to work for these items but by the time anyone apart from the top 0.1% of spenders can afford any of it the game will be dead anyway so there's literally zero point in even trying.

Please pass on our thanks for sorting out all the other issues in the game (storm, blacksmith, out of date everything etc etc)
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 846
    Thanks for the update notes anyway, @Poseidon X Angel, and your honesty. I had high fears for this one, yet they managed to surpass that still. So it's not just two hot air factories, but a whole bunch of them, apparently. And a lot of hot air in the update notes, as expected. We won't even know exactly what kind of stuff we would be able to make with these buildings, because it's only vaguely described as "better tools" and nobody is able to build them to see what that means in practice. I guess that even the whales have to wait until sceats become available for direct purchase. A definite no-go area for me personally.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 392
    They are going to make seats available for cheap in the nomad shop so we can all buy them with our millions of nomad tokens... Then I woke up
  • I uhm, have posted the update notes. I am sorry if it's a disappointment, I had high hopes for this one.

The extremely high Sceats costs mean it will take ages till anyone has an advantage from this update. I guess we get new ways (for example buying them for Euros/rubies) to earn those in game.

Do you know any news about better ways to get sceats? Or plans to increase the amount of sceats we can get through playing?
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,303
    Although i am disappointed in the update , even whales will be weeping, but i think this is a long term strategy by GGE. To get us to commit and invested in it . one your trap and spend once you be in for the long haul , even whales with have to commit to K/L and Storm , and that will be a long slog . but we have 2 choices stay or go , there is a 3rd way though just carry on doing what your doing as if there is no update.

You will survive because we been fighting whales for a long time , and thats why fire coms were made , let the level 10 troops come and go and then starve.

Dont give up guys just carry on with your friends have fun . Me i go in bird because of that outpost capture decease . Whilst in i will get stronger .maybe in a year or 2 i might get 3500 sceats 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 392
    hehehehehehe  not only 3500 seats but 3360 hours to build...  140 days...
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,303

this is also eye watering 

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • DaishoDaisho Moderator Posts: 222
    Yeah this update has disappointed me too, it looks good on paper.. then the prices and costs are a joke.
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 1,949
  • Rickk (GB1)Rickk (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    April Fools Day is everyday here in this Virtual Game :wink:

• Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 104
    Do those producing this game actually know what they are doing?

Again I spent a fortune in Outer Realms, but something interesting  came out of it.

I had someone from the Japanese server with me, who said, once this ends I'm back to being on my own. Another contacted me, from the Int 2 server, asking whether he can join next time, as he is on his own and needs someone to click help.

Bringing out these news things, that are unachievable for some, doesn't solve the inherent problems as mentioned by those here on numerous occasions. Also, people playing a game on their own!!

To me, it's no good bringing out these expensive Deco's for those to buy, when there's no one to play with. I can see, someone with loads of money taking legal action for wasting their money.

• hey i just got that number of tokens not fair  :(
  • perhaps its just a typo n shud say 350 scats pmsl ...... oh well back to sleep Zzzzzzzzzz

• you were saying the truth at least it's interesting but the prices ruined everything also why i can't see the price of research tower lvl4 and some other buildings
  • Well no idea if the buildings are bad, good, or great as I will not ever have them unless they really really raise the sceats you can get at a low cost or win.

3500 just to unlock the 1st level.   Well lets do some math now. 

I win about 240-300 a month so with needing 3500 for the first level it will take me 11 1/2 months just to unlock the keep if I do not spend any anywhere else.  Then I get to wait over 100 days for it to be done.  

So to make a long story short the buildings and whatever they do are a non issue for this player and the chat is same in my alliance.  Maybe some Whales will somehow get them but at what cost and who will be left to even use them on.

What a waste. 

Maybe if you are a Mod or CM you will get them for free so there might be a benefit for doing that.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Dark mind (SKN1)Dark mind (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 57
    No idea playing anymore... GGE just shits on us players/customers anyway... they NEVER listen to our complaints.

I asked in a earlier post if this update was the Titanic Iceberg, and yes it really fills like that.
    Now this ship have really startet to sink 

A player in my ally calculated that it would take him about 280 YEARS with the new buildings.
    He only gets 200 sceat a month, and i guess most players are about there...

So thank you very much to the GGE who now how just killed the game.. 
    I'm terminating my in game abo's and just going to use the game to stay in contact with all
    my friends in here. I hope the Mods tells the idiots in charge about the doomsday atmosphere 
    they have created.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 208
    Totally  shocking this update 3500 sceats  going to take a couple years i see no incentive to go for it . might aswell just bang my head against the wall 
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    Hello everyone!

Let us know what you think is coming in the next update.
    Keep in mind we can't confirm or deny anything so please don't bother asking us if your guess is correct.

- Poseidon

Wait, I thought GGS promised to roll out an update to the nom/sam shops hence the reason they nerf'd the MB. Still no update and instead we get new buildings that nobody except massive whales have any hope of unlocking and building?

And I am certain the new tools will just make it easier for the whales to harass players like me whether it's the constant farming or completely smashing any future hope of getting a high rank in KL.

Does this grow the chasm between f2p and p2w? YES.

I don't recall exactly when sceats were introduced, but I still don't have enuf to unlock level 1. And the last update to Storm hasn't made it any easier. NOT A SINGLE MEMBER in my alliance achieved 200,000 points (as if an add'l 18 sceats is even worth all the clawing and scratching).

If GGS/Stillfront's business strategy is to put more and more of this game behind a paywall in a bid to make me and other players spend MOAR, forget it. That ship sailed long ago. Ain't gonna happen ever.

These updates are like watching a floater circle the drain. I've been looking for reasons to quit this game. Guess I am a little closer.
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    Maybe this version of the game is going the same way as this one(picture), that seem to have a german server symbol on it, looks exactly the same !!.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file