Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

saying samurai is coming..

13»

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,360
    cause they cant answer the question the moderators are getting paid to say what gge tells them to say. if you going to post up events then be expected to follow those not lie to all of us. say what you say not what gge tells you to say.
    I can confirm mods get no monetary rewards at all for their efforts. Whilst I do think it behoves moderators to avoid being confrontational with the community when the feedback is bad, it is a very thankless job that actually requires quite a lot of investment in effort and time. I'm delighted that we have people volunteering to do it, and I have great sympathy with the moderators for taking the direct flack for all the decisions being made that they have literally no control over.

Obviously announcements are produced by GGS, not the mods. All the following discussion input from moderators is them generally trying to act as a mediating middle person, and often it's in situations that are nigh impossible to navigate without upsetting people. Be unhappy with the game decisions, but don't take it out on the only avenue you actually have to get feedback returned GGS' way, even if it feels like the feedback isn't being listened to.
    where to go with our feedback, give me a mailadress.   suport doesn't give answers too . so where to go???  
    The mods of course. "this update is horrible because of this, I hate everything GGS are doing at the moment" is feedback, it'll go back to the studio. Telling the mods that they're paid charlatan liars and they take the king's shilling and don't care about the players is just ad hominem attack. It's also genuinely unhelpful when the mods are players themselves and would be generally more likely to take the player's side when an update actually sucks.

Obviously I'm somewhat exaggerating, but the point is hopefully made.
    Mostly agree with this being the case.

The only concern is when the Mod's personal experience / opinion does not agree with the 'feedback' being presented.  NOT IN THIS CASE, but it does seem to happen on occasion.  When the Mod's give the impression that the 'feedback' is either misplaced, misunderstood, or just plain wrong, then the person providing the feedback looses the belief that their feedback is valued and doubts it is being forwarded.  

Even the minority opinion deserves to be honored.........
    For the record, feedback is never wrong but we do still have our own opinions that may or may not differ from yours.
    However, many players have different opinions which are all taken into account. When we are asked for our personal opinion we will give it, when asked for how the community feels about a change we will leave our opinion out of the equation.

But, and it's a rather big one, some feedback is "bad" and we have to filter it out and make sense of it. Let's say someone says "This update is bad, revert it!" That would be so-called bad feedback, it gives 0 insight as to why this person believes it's bad and or how this person would change it. This happens far more often than you might think and due to that, we are sometimes forced to use our own opinion to explain why we believe players might dislike certain things.
    But our moderator team is made up of many different types of players, so when we combine our thoughts, we can paint a pretty accurate picture.
    I agree that simply saying "This update is bad" is not actionable.  But, when one player plays a different style than another, that does not make either opinion 'wrong' or 'right'.  Just different.  That difference should be both honored and forwarded, even if the one who does the forwarding does not share that opinion........
    Which will be taken into account. But we don't forward everything everyone says, we are tasked with filtering it and then compiling it. Forwarding everything would become one big mess ;-)
    I do understand and appreciate that.

But, it isn't like under typical circumstances (not the current one LOL!) that there are that many different opinions being voiced here on the Forum........ ;)
    Really depends on the topic, like you said, people aren't really divided when it comes to the blacksmith. But don't even try to get people to agree when you're discussing pvp ;)
    I can confirm mods get no monetary rewards at all for their efforts.

----------------------------------------------

On my perusals of the various threads on the forum, I have noticed a few times that while you say that Mods get no monetary rewards it has been mentioned that they do however get perks!. Now not wanting any guesses to be misconstrued, I am presuming that if that is true, then it must be in some form of in game rewards. I have seen on the other threads that when asked directly in the past, Mods have declined to answer, which by its silence sends an answer in its own way.

Saying we get nothing is quite far from the truth. Like it says in the application form we get a monthly token of appreciation. What this consists of is under NDA and can't be disclosed. 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    cause they cant answer the question the moderators are getting paid to say what gge tells them to say. if you going to post up events then be expected to follow those not lie to all of us. say what you say not what gge tells you to say.
    I can confirm mods get no monetary rewards at all for their efforts. Whilst I do think it behoves moderators to avoid being confrontational with the community when the feedback is bad, it is a very thankless job that actually requires quite a lot of investment in effort and time. I'm delighted that we have people volunteering to do it, and I have great sympathy with the moderators for taking the direct flack for all the decisions being made that they have literally no control over.

Obviously announcements are produced by GGS, not the mods. All the following discussion input from moderators is them generally trying to act as a mediating middle person, and often it's in situations that are nigh impossible to navigate without upsetting people. Be unhappy with the game decisions, but don't take it out on the only avenue you actually have to get feedback returned GGS' way, even if it feels like the feedback isn't being listened to.
    where to go with our feedback, give me a mailadress.   suport doesn't give answers too . so where to go???  
    The mods of course. "this update is horrible because of this, I hate everything GGS are doing at the moment" is feedback, it'll go back to the studio. Telling the mods that they're paid charlatan liars and they take the king's shilling and don't care about the players is just ad hominem attack. It's also genuinely unhelpful when the mods are players themselves and would be generally more likely to take the player's side when an update actually sucks.

Obviously I'm somewhat exaggerating, but the point is hopefully made.
    Mostly agree with this being the case.

The only concern is when the Mod's personal experience / opinion does not agree with the 'feedback' being presented.  NOT IN THIS CASE, but it does seem to happen on occasion.  When the Mod's give the impression that the 'feedback' is either misplaced, misunderstood, or just plain wrong, then the person providing the feedback looses the belief that their feedback is valued and doubts it is being forwarded.  

Even the minority opinion deserves to be honored.........
    For the record, feedback is never wrong but we do still have our own opinions that may or may not differ from yours.
    However, many players have different opinions which are all taken into account. When we are asked for our personal opinion we will give it, when asked for how the community feels about a change we will leave our opinion out of the equation.

But, and it's a rather big one, some feedback is "bad" and we have to filter it out and make sense of it. Let's say someone says "This update is bad, revert it!" That would be so-called bad feedback, it gives 0 insight as to why this person believes it's bad and or how this person would change it. This happens far more often than you might think and due to that, we are sometimes forced to use our own opinion to explain why we believe players might dislike certain things.
    But our moderator team is made up of many different types of players, so when we combine our thoughts, we can paint a pretty accurate picture.
    I agree that simply saying "This update is bad" is not actionable.  But, when one player plays a different style than another, that does not make either opinion 'wrong' or 'right'.  Just different.  That difference should be both honored and forwarded, even if the one who does the forwarding does not share that opinion........
    Which will be taken into account. But we don't forward everything everyone says, we are tasked with filtering it and then compiling it. Forwarding everything would become one big mess ;-)
    I do understand and appreciate that.

But, it isn't like under typical circumstances (not the current one LOL!) that there are that many different opinions being voiced here on the Forum........ ;)
    Really depends on the topic, like you said, people aren't really divided when it comes to the blacksmith. But don't even try to get people to agree when you're discussing pvp ;)
    LOL!  No question on that one!

Can't get servers to agree and the people within their own server on that one!  

Then there are those of us who think server rules shouldn't even exist.

I can confirm mods get no monetary rewards at all for their efforts.

----------------------------------------------

On my perusals of the various threads on the forum, I have noticed a few times that while you say that Mods get no monetary rewards it has been mentioned that they do however get perks!. Now not wanting any guesses to be misconstrued, I am presuming that if that is true, then it must be in some form of in game rewards. I have seen on the other threads that when asked directly in the past, Mods have declined to answer, which by its silence sends an answer in its own way.

Saying we get nothing is quite far from the truth. Like it says in the application form we get a monthly token of appreciation. What this consists of is under NDA and can't be disclosed. 
    For the record, I don't have a problem with this..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• farmboy3 (US1)farmboy3 (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    ok then i will not be mad at the mods but be mad at gge even though gge allows all of us to play for free some however or a lot pay cash to get the awesome gear. and i did not know that the mods are doing all of this for free. so again i will not take it out on the mods. i just wished that if gge says sams are next i wished that they would have sams. instead of skipping over it and putting nomads.
  • The ONLY way GGS are going to get any more money from me, is if they sort out the messes they have made with the game! I mention all this below in this chat, because Sams is an example of all the below:
    1. I refused to give them any more money, just to see them either spend said monies on events that are then canned, or constantly cancelled due to bugs (sams/cities/cave men event). Or they spend it on increasing ways to try and rinse even more money out of us!
    2. Listen to the player. If people are peed off with things like game inbalance, then do something about it!! I for one would return to spending money on this game, IF I was happy with the game mechanics & balance.
    3. Refresh the event prizes! I have 1.5Million khan tablets I cant spend because the prizes are all either limited, or such low level, that there is no point buying them. Trying to win Gold position in the league, to win maybe 10-20 extra con tokens or skeats it just not enough of an incentive!
    Added to the fact that we contantly have nomads, and not sams, is just adding to the number of khan tables that I cannot spend!
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,485
    The ONLY way GGS are going to get any more money from me, is if they sort out the messes they have made with the game! I mention all this below in this chat, because Sams is an example of all the below:
    1. I refused to give them any more money, just to see them either spend said monies on events that are then canned, or constantly cancelled due to bugs (sams/cities/cave men event). Or they spend it on increasing ways to try and rinse even more money out of us!
    2. Listen to the player. If people are peed off with things like game inbalance, then do something about it!! I for one would return to spending money on this game, IF I was happy with the game mechanics & balance.
    3. Refresh the event prizes! I have 1.5Million khan tablets I cant spend because the prizes are all either limited, or such low level, that there is no point buying them. Trying to win Gold position in the league, to win maybe 10-20 extra con tokens or skeats it just not enough of an incentive!
    Added to the fact that we contantly have nomads, and not sams, is just adding to the number of khan tables that I cannot spend!
    7,6million tablets , wish i had that probolem with real money.
    lots of money and nothing usefulle to buy.

flug @ nl 1
    The ONLY way GGS are going to get any more money from me, is if they sort out the messes they have made with the game! I mention all this below in this chat, because Sams is an example of all the below:

And with nothing to buy, the amounts on tap only increases.  WE are told that when the amounts get back down to a "proper" level, then they will re-adjust the MB accordingly.

This means it will never happen........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

And with nothing to buy, the amounts on tap only increases.  WE are told that when the amounts get back down to a "proper" level, then they will re-adjust the MB accordingly.

This means it will never happen........I won't be the only one and there will certainly be players with even more. and it is not even a matter of saving , just can not spend enough because there is nothing useful for my life :( and then come up with such a solution .
    flug @ nl 1

This means it will never happen........I won't be the only one and there will certainly be players with even more. and it is not even a matter of saving , just can not spend enough because there is nothing useful for my life :( and then come up with such a solution .
    I agree.  Even though I am getting fewer Tabs than normal now, I am still not spending them.

Nothing to buy.

As for a solution, I have mentioned it several times in different places, so the Mods will likely not like me saying it again, but that won't stop me!

Put some expensive items in the Nomad Shop that are WORTH spending the tabs on.  Watch the amount of Tabs go down........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• DAVIDUS (US1)DAVIDUS (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    I don't particularly care to be in this place (forums in general) because things aren't exactly what most would consider "organized" and/or easily accessible by some sort of topical search. In addition to that, folks (perhaps like me) tend to rant rather than read and thus the usable content becomes watered-down hyperbole or useless bickering.  That said....

This whole Samurai thing is getting to be as ridiculous as it is obscene to the end user.  Time and time again Samurai show up in the event list and the event works it's way through the month all the way to the point of starting, and then it fails to appear. The event itself has already been weakened badly by the addition of Daimyo castles and other time-wasting, poorly rewarded, poorly conceived changes.

For crying out loud.... just put the Samurai event into the cycle and then RUN THE DARNED THING !!!!  At this rate, I have purchased enough tools to play the event for 5 years, as most of us probably have.

GGE seems to be relegating one of the (formerly) most popular events of the game, to the same fate as Underworld and Thorn King... which a large number of us are waiting to see returned also; as there are unfinished achievements for Master Levels and those once quarterly events haven't run in well over a year. Please do not continue to rob us of the Samurai event. In spite of the foul and depressing changes to the event over time, it still offers the fastest troops available on the game which have multiple uses across the game board.

Thank you,

DAVIDUS @ usa 1
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    Sams event has been said to be running again as from july 
    Sams event has been said to be running again as from july 
    been said, been expected , we will see.
    my guess

it will run 1 time in july and then...................................................
    flug @ nl 1
    I don't particularly care to be in this place (forums in general) because things aren't exactly what most would consider "organized" and/or easily accessible by some sort of topical search. In addition to that, folks (perhaps like me) tend to rant rather than read and thus the usable content becomes watered-down hyperbole or useless bickering.  That said....

This whole Samurai thing is getting to be as ridiculous as it is obscene to the end user.  Time and time again Samurai show up in the event list and the event works it's way through the month all the way to the point of starting, and then it fails to appear. The event itself has already been weakened badly by the addition of Daimyo castles and other time-wasting, poorly rewarded, poorly conceived changes.

For crying out loud.... just put the Samurai event into the cycle and then RUN THE DARNED THING !!!!  At this rate, I have purchased enough tools to play the event for 5 years, as most of us probably have.

GGE seems to be relegating one of the (formerly) most popular events of the game, to the same fate as Underworld and Thorn King... which a large number of us are waiting to see returned also; as there are unfinished achievements for Master Levels and those once quarterly events haven't run in well over a year. Please do not continue to rob us of the Samurai event. In spite of the foul and depressing changes to the event over time, it still offers the fastest troops available on the game which have multiple uses across the game board.

Thank you,

not only the sols, in the store there you could buy upgrade coins etc.
    flug @ nl 1
  • Trajan (INT1)Trajan (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2
    edited 13.07.2021
    I don't know much to talk, but I really know there is biggest problem about this samurai invasion. there is no more able.

but not just that, there is also biggest problem in master blacksmith, why they just don't removed samurai tools if they removed samurais event, I don't really get it, sorry but it is real bullSH*T, after all I have 3 Millions of samurais tools and steal w8ing for event, but unfortunatly not worth for w8ing anymore. 

R.I.P Samurai Invasion ! 

WE WILL MISS YOU !!!
    The samurai event will run this month.
  • Really depends on the topic, like you said, people aren't really divided when it comes to the blacksmith. But don't even try to get people to agree when you're discussing pvp ;)
    or merging servers as they said in discord XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file