Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Free to Play. Blacksmith Downgrade. (dumbing down)

A seperate thread aimed mainly at F2P players who this downgrade seems to be aimed at.

I for one think that we are the wrong target group for this downgrade, and for us it was totally unnecessary, and uncalled for. When I play the events that Stillfront put out monthly, I find that the MB has just about enough tools, equipment, and troops that I need. If I want to make a run at an event for a specific purpose then I have to save over a number of events for that purpose, but as soon as I go after my goal then I'm back to a normal level. I never accumulate the numbers that stillfront are taking about, even though I could probably save Sam tools, I reach a level and stop, as I see no incentive to accumulate something that either may become obsolete, or traded out as worthless by stillfront.

This exercise while not neccesarily meant by Stillfront to have this impact on the F2P part of the game, is, and seems to be a kneejerk reaction, with not enough thought to what they were actually doing. Long term this could be a game break for stillfront, who probably see massive leavings over the next couple of month's, and hope that their P2P player base will cope with it. I don't think it will, and will lead to even more complaints and critism by the P2P fraternity, where this probably originated anyway. As we all know without the fodder/F2P base the game will become a desert for the P2P players. With no easy targets, no farming, targets, bigger holes on the maps, more Op's etc. then that will affect the whole game. For Stillfront, the P2P players won't need to spend as much, they can agree shareouts of prizes, and in what events they choose, there will be even more spaces around their castles, (and we know what that will lead to). Targets will be even more achievable, and cheaper, and being P2P they will still be able to accumulate massive amounts, as Stillfront have targetted the wrong group.

P2P will become bored, and reach targets quicker and easier. Probably more wars of equal strength will break out, and players will complain of this to Stillfront, as there won't be any winners or losers, except of course (Stillfront, accounts). Overall not a very good move by Stillfront, it just remains to be seen how quickly they see their mistake.

Comments

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,088
    Okay Druids TL'DR pls 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

• DaishoDaisho Moderator Posts: 234
    edited 06.06.2021
    the issue is, this update wasn't aimed at f2p players, it was aimed at everyone. I am equally effected as you are. I spend money on the game, but I do not spend on events. Big spenders will always be 1st in events and win every time, nothing has really changed there.
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 319
    BM_Daisho said:
    the issue is, this update wasn't aimed at f2p players, it was aimed at everyone. I am equally effected as you are. I spend money on the game, but I do not spend on events. Big spenders will always be 1st in events and win every time, nothing has really changed there.
    Sorry to say it has.   A FTP player now has no chance of getting top 3 in KL which before the complete b**ls up over the MB shop at least with buying khan chestst we had a chance 
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,234
    Hi, time for an unpopular opinion, in a minute...
    Before I get blasted I would like to say I am not a fan of this change as I believe it's been taken a step too far. Having said that.
    I don't think a none spender should be able to get a top 3 placing in the final bracket of the kingdom league. This event is meant to be competitive and if you can get top 3 without spending there's not a big enough incentive to spend money on the game. Which is bad from a business perspective.

I believe you can play to compete without spending but not play to win.  It all depends on what you expect from yourself and the game. I am a small-ish spender but I don't expect to win events nor am I upset when I don't get a high placing.
    Before I get blasted I would like to say I am not a fan of this change as I believe it's been taken a step too far. Having said that.
    I don't think a none spender should be able to get a top 3 placing in the final bracket of the kingdom league. This event is meant to be competitive and if you can get top 3 without spending there's not a big enough incentive to spend money on the game. Which is bad from a business perspective.

I believe you can play to compete without spending but not play to win.  It all depends on what you expect from yourself and the game. I am a small-ish spender but I don't expect to win events nor am I upset when I don't get a high placing.
    In that case how is anyone supposed to be able to upgrade anything as the only way to get upgrade tokens is by being peomoted in the KL or spending s**t loads of money in the OR event.  So you have managed to be able to upgrade your brewery to level 14 by not getting into the top3 in KL and not spending a lot in OR lol 
    Stevemass @ en 1

In that case how is anyone supposed to be able to upgrade anything as the only way to get upgrade tokens is by being peomoted in the KL or spending s**t loads of money in the OR event.  So you have managed to be able to upgrade your brewery to level 14 by not getting into the top3 in KL and not spending a lot in OR lol 
    By getting a good placement. You can still get top 50 in the kingdom league, just don't expect to win it as a whole without spending.
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
     You do keep trying, don't you.

Trouble is I cannot print what I would like to, so I will let you do the honours. Have I touched a nerve or something.?

in that case you must play on a poor server as at the moment in ours the 50th place is 6 gold and  a FTP player will never get a gold coin eithout using the MB chests which are no longer there in bulk.  So will never get anywhere near top 50/ 
    Stevemass @ en 1
    in that case you must play on a poor server as at the moment in ours the 50th place is 6 gold and  a FTP player will never get a gold coin eithout using the MB chests which are no longer there in bulk.  So will never get anywhere near top 50/ 
    The server I play on is a fair bit bigger than yours but I was speaking about how it was before the update. Top 50 is going to be very hard now. But even top 100 or top 300 is fine imo.
    The server I play on is a fair bit bigger than yours but I was speaking about how it was before the update. Top 50 is going to be very hard now. But even top 100 or top 300 is fine imo.
    That's fine but even top 300 does not give you upgrade tokens just gold coins.  And without upgrade tokens no upgrading  
    Stevemass @ en 1
    That's fine but even top 300 does not give you upgrade tokens just gold coins.  And without upgrade tokens no upgrading  
    only 50 gold tokens that you're missing out on, you will still get a lot of them from your pomotions.
  • Top 50... even before those changes it was absolutely impossible to get near level 50 at the end of the kings league at the german server.

I dont think I ever managed to be top 300 at the end of the event. But always in top 1k.

With this changes I will have 0 chance to get near that rank because every little spender, knowing how to play will be with very little effort, above me in every single event.

It will clearly not pay off to make an efford. It has always been clear for every non spender that we have to run more. But now you can forget that this will help you at all. Thats frustrating.

No fun at all to play. Why should I run xx hours Nomads to still end at last or second last position in the league?  The "fun" to run exactly the same attack 1 million times in a row has always been lets sah hmm mediocre. If I now get nothing for this efford I will obviously not run.

Agreed you will get a few upgrade tokens from promotions, but unless you get at least one gold medal you don't qualify for the season ranking. Which would count most of FTP players out of the ranking reward
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • @Poseidon X Angel

More than 100k silver pieces are required to buy only 2500 decorations. Didn't these authorities or you not think to bring a fix to this? 2. I'm playing on the tr server and in our country, the inflation is too high, the prices are 648 TL. After this new update, you have to do all the pricing, including the wheel of fortune, at 1/3, otherwise no one will invest in the game because there is no reason.
    Not meaning to be rude or disrespectfull to the 2 Mods, but to me at the moment you just seem to be fighting a rearguard action on behalf of Stillfront/GGE. I presume that this is part of your brief on this matter, and yet sometimes you hint that you are torn between the good and bad of this downgrade, and do not fully agree with it.I do wonder why the whole mess has been left to you both and why Crom isn't in here fighting the good fight for Stillfront, and backing you up. To be honest that while you jump in with the positives as you see them, sometimes you probably won't be helping, and just adding fuel to the fire, but thats your choice, and probably what you have been asked to do.

I don't know many of the names posting so cannot say what status they play within the game, nor would I want to. At the moment much of the reasoning does support the theory that this dowgrade, (meant to or not) is definetely affecting the F2P players, and I doubt if there has been any positive feedback from a F2P player saying that they would agree with this dowgrade in the MB. Now that in itself should speak volumes, and should send a serious, (sit up and look) message to Stillfront.

The fact that there is also some negative feedback from the low to mid spenders in this downgrade, says to me that what Stllfront/GGE's aim in this, will not be met, and of course bring in the big spenders, who by the the very nature of things will/cannot not be left out gives Stillfront the biggest problem, That this downgrade will not alter the overall balance of anything that Stillfront thinks it will do.

This whole issue if left, will only be settled by time, so I think, the ball's in Stillfront court, its just down to how far they are willing to let it go before they change it or reverse it.
    Crom has been busy over on the discord server, he spent the entire Friday speaking to players both in chats and in voice calls. As for me being torn, I understand why the studio has to combat inflation, but I don't like the way they went about doing so. As for what I have been asked to do, quite literally, I haven't been asked to do anything nor to do nothing.

Just decided to jump on here and inform you guys and try to answer some questions.
    I think players are getting their own answers it isn' t going  to be that hard. It just depends on whether stillfront are watching the event totals and revenue to see what those answers are.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,810
    on wich discord chat was crom?
    flug @ nl 1
  • Lee_41 (US1)Lee_41 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    My issue is not really finishing first in the KL or getting rewards 
    My issue is time... 

Having easy access to the tools in the Blacksmith eliminated the need to spend hours on the game hitting mindlessly to reach a certain point.... now the time to finish an event has increased dramatically unless you buy a boost ... a really big boost .. so the time playing the game has increased... and its boring to hit camps for 75 tablets 800x to finish an event... less if your hitting the khan I guess

I have a real life and the game change before this one allowed me to be competitive on here and do things outside this game...... I am pretty sure I don't want to give up hours in the day (like I used to do) to get top 100 in the KL for the month.... I would rather go mow the grass.

I can still finish an event ... the new update just added a lot of time to the overall.  An example would be if we all decided to play the game without skips again.... smh

If a person were to hit over and over and over with no chests  .... to finish an event.. they would more than likely run out of skips using that system.... so the Khan is the way to go on nomads
    Picking castles to put flags on like before is also the way to go with the glory events... so go in reverse on that strategy too  .. back to the old days.. .maybe we should get out the Invader and Crow glory coms again too.... and go back to the RED FLAGS... at least you can make as many of those as you can buy with coin ...

Who knows about Sams ... its been too long ... I don't remember a lot about them.. lol
    next time it comes around I will try to remember how to play it

Goals
    At the very least hit to get the Individual PO item (before its taken away too), Finish the events (If a person can play that long) try to gain all the rewards and STOP... thats pretty much the way it should be played from now on....anything else would be a waste of time and more than likely a waste of money

I spent a lot of money on this silly game and have never complained about the changes much..... just worked to figure out how to be effective with whatever came down the tunnel.
    However, its very difficult to see any light at the end of this tunnel

I hope this doesn't forever wreck what i thought was a good game.

Lee_41 @ usa 1
  • Hi, time for an unpopular opinion, in a minute...

Yeah no.  No one is getting top 3 in KL without spending.  Anyone who claims to be a non-spender and get top 3 is lying.  Time skips are too much of a limiting factor for non-spenders to get top positions in KL.  Granted f2p players were able to do fair in KL with consistency, but top 3 is a blatant lie.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file