Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    Why wouldn't gge just put a limit on the number of boosters etc. one can stockpile, much the same way skips 10 mins and up are limited.  That would mean those with huge stockpiles would gradually come down over time, it would still give those without stockpiles the opportunity to play and somewhat compete, and finally those that spend $ could go over and above, again much like they currently can with time skips.

Would seem to be a much easier solution than trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by changing up a dozen different aspects all at once....unless of course this isn't about "balancing".
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,449
    No changes have been made here.
  • AlamuT  (TR1)AlamuT (TR1) TR1 Posts: 22
    edited 05.06.2021
    Why wouldn't gge just put a limit on the number of boosters etc. one can stockpile, much the same way skips 10 mins and up are limited.  That would mean those with huge stockpiles would gradually come down over time, it would still give those without stockpiles the opportunity to play and somewhat compete, and finally those that spend $ could go over and above, again much like they currently can with time skips.

Would seem to be a much easier solution than trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by changing up a dozen different aspects all at once....unless of course this isn't about "balancing".

Sensible. I hope they take it into consideration. 
    This guy doesn't get paid, but he comes up with better ideas than salaried people.
  • The latest Master Blacksmith and storm change got me thinking is there even a future for GGE beyond 1 or 2 years.

To me they seem like short term fixes and GGE money people hope a few more hundred players will start buying in real money or buy more often.

But the big weakness is there is no innovation in the game itself.  They have not made any new lands in years, no real changes in what they currently have.  Ice, Sand, and Fire for most players just sit there as resource and recruiting places for troops.

It has been noticed by many in US alliances that instead of introducing any new events or lands with a new adventure to do all that is happening is GGE is offering higher and higher PO Deco's to get to spur some buying.  Just a few months ago 2400PO was the top, then 2450, 2500, 2550, and now there are 2750 PO deco's.   This is not a long term solution to making the game better or long term fix for cash generation.  At some point even whales will stop buying them unless something comes to make a higher deco useful to them.

In the meantime the non or low buyer falls further and further behind deco wise as they are 95% of the time out of reach to get.  And even if you do use your rubies you got through grinding you will know that the 2700 deco you just bought will be old news in 3 or 4 months as a 2800 or 2900 or 3000 PO one will be out.

It is plan to see with the changes what is happening via the KL brackets already.   It is now so easy to see the spenders and low or non spenders in your bracket.  The gap is great and now KL will be affected as it is based on players "Trying" to advance for rewards.

Of course this will come to bite GGE in the butt at some point as since mostly only buyers will advance any great amount in the KL they will have to start to go against each other and that is when some (not all) will step back and say wait a minute.   

Unless GGE comes up with new event(s) to hold interest in ALL PLAYERS it will continue to have less and less active players and at some point will not survive.

Storm was a terrible change to make from just about any point of view.  There is no very little reason to go there and do much.  I predict most alliance but the super hardcore spender ones will shoot for 200K and just be happy with the minimum rewards.  There is no reason for the average player to grin for 30 days to get 18 Screts and some tokens..   Just to much work need for to little gain.

What they should have did was just leave the alliance rewards as is and then add additional bonuses to the individual area.  Even a semi blind person like me can see this was just a terrible fix if there even was a problem.  

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
    Perhaps GGE could have done things differently, and we know at times they don't/cant think of the correct way, take for instance the recent Outer Realms, where they said, you would need a certain amount of coins to enter. I had played 10 years and only just reached that total. That was then changed.
    I also seem to remember, many years ago, that there was something where we were told to use it up, or lose it, and we did.
    Perhaps they could have done that again, but introduced the cap there to see what happens. Players could then reduce their stocks to that level and that wouldn't affect those smaller players who get nowhere near those totals. Then move on, and in the meantime bring something in to get rid of unwanted stuff, to free up programming space.  Also, my pet hate. "Ghosts" just sitting there with no looting and thousands of tools.
    It's no good having ago at the Mods, they also play the game. Just email Spil games, like I've done over the years, with your suggestions. I do get favourable replies (sometimes) and things have changed on a few.
  • Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) US1 Posts: 50

Please review my suggestion above and consider sending this back up the chain.  The current solution does not stop hoarders from adding to their hoard...it will only prolong reducing those stashes.  A fixed cap on tools/booster like the time skips have will bring down the numbers far quicker and much more fairer than just making blacksmith tools 10x more expensive and punishing everyone.

Please review my suggestion above and consider sending this back up the chain.  The current solution does not stop hoarders from adding to their hoard...it will only prolong reducing those stashes.  A fixed cap on tools/booster like the time skips have will bring down the numbers far quicker and much more fairer than just making blacksmith tools 10x more expensive and punishing everyone.

Yup will do. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • aaaa2 (US1)aaaa2 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    Face it, The Blacksmith is the only thing GGE has done in the past year or so that has benefited the little guy.  Of course they have to take it away.  They can't have us being able to compete with the Ruby whales.  They have to pander to the money supply.  So now it will be nearly impossible to win the districts so you can increase your PO and house more troops so the whales can run over you easier.  After 10 years I am not going to quit, but pretty sure won't be much ruby money spent anymore. Hey, it's a business, apparently now run by accountants.  Grab the money and run, don't even need a mask and a gun.
    aaaa2 @ usa 1
    The reason people are stockpiling is because they know any good deal put out by GGE won't last.  I wish I had been smarter and rather than buying when needed had filled the castle to the rafters with horsetails and chests.  Then I wouldn't be stuck with nothing while the smart people will still be able to play for months without spending a penny. I applaud them.
    aaaa2 @ usa 1
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    Face it, The Blacksmith is the only thing GGE has done in the past year or so that has benefited the little guy.  Of course they have to take it away.  They can't have us being able to compete with the Ruby whales.  They have to pander to the money supply.  So now it will be nearly impossible to win the districts so you can increase your PO and house more troops so the whales can run over you easier.  After 10 years I am not going to quit, but pretty sure won't be much ruby money spent anymore. Hey, it's a business, apparently now run by accountants.  Grab the money and run, don't even need a mask and a gun.
    storm isles before they flubbed it up again this week was good for the players.   i guess it is still better then before the upgrade a few months ago...but certainly worse than last month now.   if the players like something it must be redone is the motto
    commando @ usa 1
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69
    Honestly, I am shocked that GGS hasn't introduced time limits, capacity totals, daily loss percentages, etc. a la glory, gallantry, looks, skip items (yes, my 30 min and 1 hr skip capacities max out at 320) and so on on every aspect of the game. As someone in another thread pointed out, unique comm/cast equipment (red) already has a "permanent" tag affixed to it. If I had to guess, this is the path that GGE is headed down.

When Pos X wrote that the original proposal was far worse, I was hugely skeptical. However, as I have read more through this forum to gauge the state of affairs, it dawned on me that GGS was probably considering instituting a daily loss percentage on event currency or even a "use or lose it" feature like aquamarine.

That would certainly keep people coming back, even the "casual" players, like an addict who needs their daily fix.

This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to MMPORGs. I won't name any, but suffice it to say I have left others in the past. Here are the primary reasons:

1. The grind overwhelmed the fun
    2. The game became too unbalanced between f2p and p2w
    3. Too many aspects of the game were locked behind a paywall
    4. Microtransactions took precedence over game play
    5. Cooldown periods prevented play

However, this is the only game I have played where the rewards for your efforts literally vanish before your eyes. Where the overlords constantly giveth and taketh away.

The MB change was a serious backwards step for GGE.

1. The grind for events like nomads now overwhelms the fun
    2. The game is now too unbalanced between f2p and p2w especially for Kingdom League
    3. Major aspects of the game are now behind a paywall

I am fine with the fact that Beyond the Horizon and Outer Realms are playgrounds for ruby buyers. F2P at least had the MB and Green events to compete at a reasonable level. But, now they have taken even that away.

In the past, I thought I would quit when I reached level 70. But. GGS kept introducing new things that made F2Pers like myself keep coming back. This is the first time they pulled the rug out. Well, truthfully they did something similar when Outer Realms cost 50M coins. But, they quickly tweaked that to calm everyone down. All I can say is that whatever update GGS is planning that couldn't be rolled out on account of the "massive inflation" in game stocks better be good.

You are on notice GGS.
  • ian2121 (US1)ian2121 (US1) US1 Posts: 5

Here is what I don’t get. If the stated goal is to prevent hoarding and stockpiling why are they rewarding people that stockpiled tools?

If stockpiling will keep GGE from making more unfortunate things to the game everyone needs to start building wood ladders and shields.
    aaaa2 @ usa 1

When Pos X wrote that the original proposal was far worse, I was hugely skeptical. However, as I have read more through this forum to gauge the state of affairs, it dawned on me that GGS was probably considering instituting a daily loss percentage on event currency or even a "use or lose it" feature like aquamarine.
    Bit busy today so I will just respond to the first part now and then respond in full a bit later.
    The original proposal was seen on fr1 and gb1, the complete removal of the skips, tails, and chests.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    One of the ironic things about the Storm 'update' is that those who do play solo, find this change idiotic. 

I had not played Storm for over a year.  I may not even have EVER played it on my INT3 account, until the PRIOR 'update'.  After that one, I actually got interested in it again.  I went and looted enough Aqua to buy 6 1,250 Decos.   Last month I only went in there for a few days and got 3 more 1,250 Decos.  Buy replacing some 350 Goddesses, I was able to bump my main up quite nicely, just by Activity.  That was GREAT!

Then word comes out that there will be individual rewards in Storm!  Even BETTER! Right?  Nope.  No chance I will ever get 200k points in Storm.  No point in trying for it.  Of course, I wasn't getting the Alliance Rewards already, so no loss for me.  But, the complete stupidity of the most recent 'Update' is clear for anyone to see.  those who WERE getting the Alliance Rewards as part of a Team Effort, will now get 1/2 the rewards.  For those TEAMS who JUST reached the 200k mark, there is no point to trying again.  Expecting EACH MEMBER to hit 200k to get the SAME rewards as before?????  No one has time for that.

As to the future of GGE and how long it will last:  This has been bandied about for a while now.  It is very simple.  As long as it generates a certain amount of income, it will continue.  No one can say for certain when they will make the biggest blunder to drive away the whales.  It could come in less than 6 months, or not for several more years.

What would be interesting, is to hear what the biggest spenders have to say about their feelings on the game.  Then you would get a feel for how much time the game has left........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,241
    edited 06.06.2021
    Sure GGE will survive

They always have, they have done so many things wrong, but here we are still playing . And i will keep playing spent to much time building my account to let it go.

I look at GGE as the Blackjack dealers , and the house must always have the advantage, i look at the blacksmith as a bonus , the 4 main tools that were endless to purchase as a mistake made by gge , and now they changed it , took a long time to realise it .

As for spending i am what they call a dipper if it is the cheapest price like some decos at the moment i buy. i only buy what enhance my account at the best price, never never buy sodiers of thrill stuff like the wheel of Affluence . if you play it you either got too much money or you made an account with the cheapest currency , and yes the latter is true we all know this .

But please do not lose sleep over a game you have no control over. GGE will adjust it i guess in there own good time. work out the best way to play your game, nd take advantage of everything that is free.

Soon my 9th Birthday here seen so many come and go and GGE sticking to the man or lady.

Tony
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • SusVB (NL1)SusVB (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2

Master blacksmith.

I am very sad to learn that GG has drastically modified the harnesses you could buy with silver and gold coins. That way we turn back the clock and the small BGs with few members no longer have a chance to compete in the events. For the big BGs with players who have capital, this is no problem. For us like KROON, 6 members, a top 50 place is now history. In the name of the small BGs with few members, I ask you to restore the forge to its original version so that we can also play against the big ones. Now that has been made impossible and you are only after the earnings of the rich. If this is not possible, then I see that I have to leave GG after more than 9 years. I regularly put money into it, because then it was still possible to achieve a first place in the royal competition and always finish within the top 50. Give us that opportunity back.

GG seems to be discriminating between the rich and the poor
  • Critical (US1)Critical (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    edited 06.06.2021
    Personally, over the past several months, I've noticed the game going down hill for free to play players and spenders. Being totally upfront and honest, even spenders can't dent each other anymore. 

A person gets hit, they let em through and try not to defend if their smart. Ever since the introduction of mead I don't think GGE realized that the game would even get to where it did. A bit ago I remember seeing something in one of the interviews Breor (GGE Youtuber) had with Goodgame Studios. In one of the questions regarding the balance of free to play players, their response was that they had to reward spenders for spending (which I totally agree). However what is the direction of this game. 

However, with all these latest changes, I have a question specifically to the people that balance the game, whether or not this reaches them, I honestly don't know how else to get a response..

1. How does GGE expect free to play players to compete at all with pay to win players. It has always been in my opinion, either put in more time, or spend more money. And as of late, it doesn't matter how much time you put in. There is a very minimal way of competing with spenders. 

With the changes in updates, within the year of 2021, can free to play casual players expect any new changes to the game that would actually benefit them? And if so, can we get any hints to what that might be?

When the storm update was released everybody was hyped up and expected to see an increase in rewards. An increase in the amount of seats or upgrade/construction tokens you might get. And of course so disappointed that it was "nerfed." 

2. When will we see the game update from its outdated 32 bit system to a 64 bit system seeing as how now players are glitching the game with the limits of this with support?

3. Can we see any improvement to the features of the game such as the outdated nomad shop, new uses for the crafting materials, maybe an interesting new update to alliance chat, something other than the standard diplomacy options, giving special affects to different alliances. Maybe introducing a new property, giving incentive for players to fight for property. All of these issues have been brought up before, and although it could take time coming up with the types of rewards and the quantity a player might receive in the nomad shop, the alliance chat is something that hasn't been updated since the game was released. Standard emotes, symbols, or even different types of chats such as a "general and above" only chat are ideal and interesting options in my opinion. 

4. Can we expect any new events to come out? For some time it's been the same rotation. Nomads, Foreign Lords, Nomads, Foreign Lords. Not even the samurai event at this point but something new. Obviously you must know that we aren't robots. Hitting these npc events we are literally clicking the same things over and over again. 

5. Do you guys realize it takes 1 good update, 1 good update to bring hundreds of free to play players and pay to win players back to the game. All they need is incentive, interest, something new. The changes don't just bother free to play players, they bother spenders. 

6. Where does GGS see this game in 1 year, in 2 years from now?

7. Why should I continue to play this game? Why should any free to play player continue playing this game and what makes this game fun?

8. Would GGS be willing to make a "video," addressing some of the popular questions that come to them? 

*These questions are not to the players, every player is probably in agreement with this, every player has at some point maybe mentioned these things*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file