Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• For us visually challenged can someone like a Mod make a list of the changes that were done in the Master Blacksmith.

And before anyone makes bad jokes just remember not everyone has 20/20 vision.   Some of us struggle day to day to do what others consider normal and is not a issue to you.  

Thank you

Justinlegoboy

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • I'm a hardcore player....with no money....last update is killing small players like me.....no challenge for me against top players...
    I think many players will stop after this update...

Several will but GGS dont care at all.

Player satisfaction is absolutely of no interest for GGS. If anything starts with "balancement" it just means they want more money. The whole discussion about adding new stuff to any shop or new events... ist just a joke. If GGS adds anything new they add something new to pay for. No need to play at all, just spend money and "shut up".

The best example of how GGS wants the events to be ist the outer realms with the building might points.

What you are expected to do is just pay money, click your buildings up, wait for the next offer, buy again, click your buildings. Up to no need to play at all. If you dont care about top positions, just buy the cheapest offer one time and then never get back in the outer realms till the event has ended.

No non paying player will ever reach your points even not if playing 24/7. Its not intended to reach any goal playing the game. Just spending money.

In the past games added "speed ups" for people who pay money to reach goals earlier. Now GGS added more and more things which are just for people who pay money. 100% impossible to ever get them without. So the key point from playing a game was changed to buying.

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 707
    Well been saying it for few years GOODGAMEGREED don't give a flying
    f--- about players.

MONEY is there only goal in this game , updates are nearly 99% bad 

keep up the GOOD WORK goodgamegreed  :)

• chesstra (GB1)chesstra (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    So, based on the "official" explanation the MB was enabling players to accumulate too many tablets. Many players with many tablets = unbalanced, says GGS so performs the changes that we see.

On the current event bundles one can get 2000% 24hr tablet bonus that will enable accumulation of many more tablets. GGS keeps this so the many tablets accumulated in this way in their view = balanced.

"Obviously" this is nothing to do with wanting people to spend more, all about balance. Right...
  • Lee_41 (US1)Lee_41 (US1) US1 Posts: 30
    edited 05.06.2021
    hey justin

no need for a big list... I can sum it up with a short statement

The update put shackles on the non-ruby buyer or casual player/buyer and gave a huge advantage to the peeps willing to spend tons of money on the game.

Increasing the pice for unlimited tools (for me) will actually cut my activity on the game and lessen my overall spending and overall interest playing

I was competitive because of my activity ... not because I bought a lot of boosts or tools with money and rubies

To be competitive now a person will pretty much have to make the choice to spend real money... which is only good for GGE (product producer)  Its a terrible update for the majority (consumers)

I have recently spent a whole lot less money playing ......but have still managed to be  competitive in the events

I kinda like not spending money to be competitive ..... so the update may turn me into a non spender/non ruby buyer and possibly a very casual player.... if that is the goal of the update... I think it will work very well in turning people away from this game.

People have stopped playing for good reasons
    Updates that only benefit the big spenders have resulted in the majority of the departures
    I have a feeling this will be another update that will send people out the door and in search for another form of entertainment.
    Lee_41 @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    So, based on the "official" explanation the MB was enabling players to accumulate too many tablets. Many players with many tablets = unbalanced, says GGS so performs the changes that we see.

On the current event bundles one can get 2000% 24hr tablet bonus that will enable accumulation of many more tablets. GGS keeps this so the many tablets accumulated in this way in their view = balanced.

"Obviously" this is nothing to do with wanting people to spend more, all about balance. Right...
    No matter what they do to the MB, without something worthwhile to buy in the Nomad Shop, the overabundance of tabs will continue.  AND they will still be spent 950 at a time.   Even with people possibly buying tails in there again, doing them 950 tabs at a time will not be fun.

Even spending more time in here than normal during the early part of the day, I still added to my Tab count.  But, have not bought anything yet.  So my Tab count continues to increase despite their best efforts.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• chesstra (GB1)chesstra (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    Due to the previous change made on GB1 (and FR1) MB I went from about 1million stored tablets (plus the earned on the events) to nothing buying horsetails in 2 weeks. So the tablet levels will go down fast even with no additions on the shop if one is to compete on glory events with no/small spend, and once finished no more chances of competing or fighting for decent rewards, unless opening the wallet that is.

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,360
    Due to the previous change made on GB1 (and FR1) MB I went from about 1million stored tablets (plus the earned on the events) to nothing buying horsetails in 2 weeks. So the tablet levels will go down fast even with no additions on the shop if one is to compete on glory events with no/small spend, and once finished no more chances of competing or fighting for decent rewards, unless opening the wallet that is.

The goal was to lower the stock people have accumulated, once that's sorted the prices will move back to how they were. They won't go back completely as that would result in the same issue as they have now.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

The goal was to lower the stock people have accumulated, once that's sorted the prices will move back to how they were. They won't go back completely as that would result in the same issue as they have now.
    Please forgive me for not having the faith in that happening that you seem to have..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Please forgive me for not having the faith in that happening that you seem to have..........
    That's okay, I understand.
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69
    Please look at this for a more detailed explanation.
    I was in the middle of typing a response to the linked thread above when it closed, grrr. So I guess I will post it here.
    That means that they will either need to make the new items very expensive or deal with the fact that no one will have to work towards the reward. Both scenarios are very bad.
    I want to go on record and say this is the STUPIDEST fix GGS could've come up with. While it is true that I have complained on the forum how the nomad shop was out of date, that was because it made no sense for GGS to constantly roll out other updates while ignoring the nomad shop.

GGS should've known that player's khan tabs would "massively" grow when they made horsetails unlimited in the MB. They should've updated the nomad shop at the same time rather than waiting a year.

So now GGS wants to penalize players for GGS's own inaction? That's a bunch of bollocks.

Furthermore, it is ludicrous to say making new items very expensive is a very bad scenario.

GGS could easily update the nomad shop to include decos and relic items similarly priced as Luna's shop. NOBODY would bat an eye. Could I buy 4 or 5 decos for 200,000 each? Or, a single relic item for 650,000? Sure, but I take serious umbrage at the accusation that my khan tab inventory is "massively inflated" and that I somehow didn't "work towards the reward".

I will have you know that it took me a year of constant nomad events to build up that inventory. And, it would've only been half that amount if samurai wasn't AWOL all the time. But, now it seems as if GGS is going to make sure that if I do spend my "massive inventory" it will be the last time I ever do. Talk about a big middle finger.

This was not a fix. This BREAKS the game.
  • Due to the previous change made on GB1 (and FR1) MB I went from about 1million stored tablets (plus the earned on the events) to nothing buying horsetails in 2 weeks. So the tablet levels will go down fast even with no additions on the shop if one is to compete on glory events with no/small spend, and once finished no more chances of competing or fighting for decent rewards, unless opening the wallet that is.

Nearly all shops have just rediculously bad things to buy. I highly doubt this will change. Then intention ist ONLY that people pay more Euros or Dollars or whatever. Clearly not to ever get anything out of value. It they tell you their intention was to "improve the shops" its clearly just a lie. GGS dont ever want to make anything better. Just to force players to pay more money.

Noone at GGS wants to make the game more interesting, challenging..or anything like that.

Just look how the game evolved. Events become easier and easier, better troops, commanders... so less losses. You need exactly 0 brain to play the events effectively. Nothing new EVER comes. New things were simply deleted in most of all cases and several old ones too.

Now we have the rediculous situation that we wont get "enough" points not even with the much stronger troops and commanders. In "normal" games updates mean something new to PLAY! her it means in most cases something new to PAY FOR.

I cant express in english how bad that is...
    Well, all I can say is that I am sorry if my post upset you.
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69

Believe me. I am not upset at you. I fully understand that it is the overlords of GGS that think my khan inventory is "massively inflated", that it somehow "unbalances the game", and that I haven't paid *cough cough* worked hard enough for the reward.

Now, if you want to go on record and say this was 100% your characterization and not GGS's, that is another matter. But then I would only counter with, then what is really going here?
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    edited 05.06.2021

I don't have to much faith in the stock dropping. From personal experience and from people I know, we will just sit on nomad tablets for the most part due to the lack of needing to spend it and the pain it is to spend.

As for the silver coins, me personally, I am just going to let it build up more now due to it being harder to get. I don't play for top 100 for events and I am fine if I don't complete an event. I am just going to keep building up my stock piles for rainy days when I need them. There isn't an incentive worth for me to drain my stocks now that silver coins and tools are harder to get.

Events are something for me to aid my account in between wars. The way ggs greed is, I don't need to spend my event stuff or silvers when I can just straight up buy everything I need for a war.

As for the event players. The smaller buyers/f2p just wont be able to compete and will suffer. The whales will just buy the boosts out of the event tab which makes this nerf on the blacksmith barely felt and they will continue to hoard more silver/nomads tokens/etc.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

Believe me. I am not upset at you. I fully understand that it is the overlords of GGS that think my khan inventory is "massively inflated", that it somehow "unbalances the game", and that I haven't paid *cough cough* worked hard enough for the reward.

Now, if you want to go on record and say this was 100% your characterization and not GGS's, that is another matter. But then I would only counter with, then what is really going here?
    I will say this, I have no doubt that people their inventories have grown bigger over the past year since the introduction of the blacksmith and I can see how this might not be the desired effect but I believe this is caused by many different reasons that aren't all being addressed which leads to a scenario where the blacksmith is being nerfed harder than it should.

I don't have to much faith in the stock dropping. From personal experience and from people I know, we will just sit on nomad tablets for the most part due to the lack of needing to spend it and the pain it is to spend.

As for the silver coins, me personally, I am just going to let it build up more now due to it being harder to get. I don't play for top 100 for events and I am fine if I don't complete an event. I am just going to keep building up my stock piles for rainy days when I need them. There isn't an incentive worth for me to drain my stocks now that silver coins and tools are harder to get.

Events are something for me to aid my account in between wars. The way ggs greed is, I don't need to spend my event stuff or silvers when I can just straight up buy everything I need for a war.

As for the event players. The smaller buyers/f2p just wont be able to compete and will suffer. The whales will just buy the boosts out of the event tab which makes this nerf on the blacksmith barely felt and they will continue to hoard more silver/nomads tokens/etc.
    I don't think people sitting on silver coins is an issue.
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386

I don't think people sitting on silver coins is an issue.
    I might be thinking to deeply into it, but doesn't that create the potential of people sitting on them creating the same situation as the event tablets?

So if the issue is purely just the amount nomad/sam tablets people have that is preventing ggs from releasing new stuff, then this update won't have that big of an effect on the ones who are truly hoarding all of these tablets. There are still boosts that will be bought so that people can do the events, people will still sit on their tablets due to nothing to spend them on. So this just hurts small buyers/f2p who don't have millions of tablets anyways. 

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• sudu (IN1)sudu (IN1) IN1 Posts: 173
    @Poseidon X Angel Could you recommend the Developers to reduce the reward limit , like from 500k in nomad to 150k or 200 k, I guess this would sort issues of MB change , Same in FC/BC events. Many players(Non Spenders) are mostly angry on the fact that they would not be able to earn Decorative items, Nor Complete rewards..

About how this MB change has affected the difference in Spenders and Non-spenders, Its true , I myself don't spend. They took years to change storm rewards, I do not think we can expect them to increase silver/ gold token reward in events.. 

But seeing the past , We can never expect GGE to bring back old MB. The least we can ask is to reduce reward criteria so at least the Non-spenders could earn deco's which has been a important part in the game.

Totally agreed. For example, to complete 15M glory target during FC/BC, the non spenders have to skip castles using tokens to get better ones, 10x more than the fc/bcs they hit.. I've seen how they struggle.. At lease they could've changed the def. count inside them in an update to satisfy players. And still there are several bugs which need serious attention and be fixed. Yet, keeping all the player feedback in a side. they've just made it far worse place to play. It's also clear that the people who spend will also be struggling in the coming weeks with this update for sure. At the end of the day, no one would want to spend all they're inheritances, unless he is s psycho..
    sudu @ in 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file