Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Hi @Poseidon X Angel

I had already seen this... I read balance as 'bank balance' leaving mine and arriving in GGE's 'bank balance.'

I agree GGE needs to make money, though I disagree strongly with what they are doing here as an occasional spender I feel that I am being pushed into a corner. The implementation of the shop was a brilliant stroke by GGE, finally I could compete and do well in events, dare I say it I even got excited rinse and repeat became worth doing. This change will eventually erode what I already have and soon I will not be able to compete.... unless I go back to the 'bank' balance.

No adverts as yet here but expecting them soon... also not planning going to outers as that does make me spend... more time in the garden with a glass of white wine now that's a plan :)

Regards TP

P.S I think as moderators you have a hard task here and I applaud you all for putting up with some posts that are appallingly personal. This forum is about the game and nothing else and posters need to be aware of that fact. 
  • crazytime (GB1)crazytime (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    For me this is the final straw. I'm fed up with being fed bull about how this balances the game, it's all about money and keeping the big spenders happy, anyone remember when they 1st released the shapeshifters cast and was withdrawn the same days because the ruby whales complained it was too strong. Now there complaining that a small spender can compete with them also GGE aren't selling many tools or boosters these days.
    So I've sent my request to support to delete my account.

Good luck to all.
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,442
    For me this is the final straw. I'm fed up with being fed bull about how this balances the game, it's all about money and keeping the big spenders happy, anyone remember when they 1st released the shapeshifters cast and was withdrawn the same days because the ruby whales complained it was too strong. Now there complaining that a small spender can compete with them also GGE aren't selling many tools or boosters these days.
    So I've sent my request to support to delete my account.

Good luck to all.
    Wish you the best but spenders arent happy with this change either.
  • The 'official' reasoning that there is too much Silver in the game has a problem with it.

WHO has too much Silver?  Likely, it is the Whales.  Why?  They don't need it.  They spend for their tools with real money.  The F2P don't have much Silver in stock.  DID I save a bunch of tools up to make my run at War Adviser last month?  Yes.  And guess what?  I SPENT ALL MY SILVER on the boosters to get there.

What about all the GOLD that I had?  I bought a District with 150,000 of them.  

Currently, I have 1,553 Silver.  I start each event buying the 11 of each Event tool and whatever else I have left on the related booster.  As I gain Silver, I spend it on more boosters.  Cycle - Rinse - Repeat.

So, those who USE the Silver because we NEED it, are the only ones who are going to be impacted.  Those who have 10k, 100k, 1M+ Silver, wont care.

Way to miss not only the bullseye, but the wall the dartboard was hung from............
    I am someone who spends money on the game and finishes every event, I tend to have between 200-600k silver. Believe me, when I say this, I very much do care. This update completely changes the way I have to play the game and affects us in more ways than it seems you can imagine.
    Just curious here:  Do you  spend ALL your silver on each event?

As for what things I can imagine, let's not open that box.....
    Usually, I spend enough silver to finish the event, sometimes I go to 1m points in nomads and 30-50m glory. But my silver doesn't really go down.
    That is my point.

Too much Silver is the problem of those who do not need it as much.

I appreciate the write up you and your partner put up.   That was a nice insight into the process and the 'problem' from GGS' point of view.  "Too much EVENT currency" is an interesting issue.  

I may just reply over there on that thread.......
    In a way, everyone has access to the same amount of silver. The only thing that sets us 2 apart is my placing in the kingdom league, which might grant me a bit more gold than you. But that's about it. Also, to get the facts straightened out, it is indeed about the event currencies and not so much about the silver coins.

The difference ist that as someone who spends money you will never have to buy troops for silver tokens or feathers. Which is both very expensive if you have to do so because there is no other way for non spenders.

And the storm ist eating feathers in an insane number, meaning that I had to waste many silver tokens to buy them at the months where I very actively played there. 

Without those 2 alone the number of my silver tokens would also be very high.

But still the key problem ist, even if you have 600k silver tokens now, it wont help you at all! if you will be so stupid to regularly buy the tools for the 10 fold silver price. Because exactly noone will get enough silver tokens to buy far over 200k Nomad tools for lets say around 350k Silver tokens. So 2 events an your tokens are gone.

Which means exactly that this most expensive tools are good for not even a single player.

To get to 500k points (and even 175k) at nomads you will have to mainly! rely on other ways to get your points outside the blacksmith. Everyone has to.
  • Hello Poseidon and again thanks for being honest.

Two things if you can answer it.

First how come it was asked over and over again about sami's GGE did not just come out and say it was broke and will be put aside for a bit.

Second how about a list of what has changed in the Master Blacksmith shop for us who are visual and attention span challenged.

Congrates on keeping so much silver...  I am lucky like a lot of players to have 15K in there at anyone time.   Usually it is more like 5K.    

Again I hope you can do the list of changes that were made for us.   

Thank you also for the good report on the conference you all had.   Maybe if both you mods got together more often and did a message/report to us via the forum things may go a bit smother.  Being silent is not always the best approach.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    The 'official' reasoning that there is too much Silver in the game has a problem with it.

WHO has too much Silver?  Likely, it is the Whales.  Why?  They don't need it.  They spend for their tools with real money.  The F2P don't have much Silver in stock.  DID I save a bunch of tools up to make my run at War Adviser last month?  Yes.  And guess what?  I SPENT ALL MY SILVER on the boosters to get there.

Currently, I have 1,553 Silver.  I start each event buying the 11 of each Event tool and whatever else I have left on the related booster.  As I gain Silver, I spend it on more boosters.  Cycle - Rinse - Repeat.

So, those who USE the Silver because we NEED it, are the only ones who are going to be impacted.  Those who have 10k, 100k, 1M+ Silver, wont care.

Way to miss not only the bullseye, but the wall the dartboard was hung from............
    I am someone who spends money on the game and finishes every event, I tend to have between 200-600k silver. Believe me, when I say this, I very much do care. This update completely changes the way I have to play the game and affects us in more ways than it seems you can imagine.
    Sounds like you care as you agree with what GGE ( Stillfront ) have done.  This is the final nail in the coffin for low or non ruble buyers the whales will not be affected.  I for one will be gone once my dove runs out unless this farce of a blacksmiths update is not reversed. 
    Stevemass @ en 1
    The 'official' reasoning that there is too much Silver in the game has a problem with it.

Usually, I spend enough silver to finish the event, sometimes I go to 1m points in nomads and 30-50m glory. But my silver doesn't really go down.
    That is my point.

Too much Silver is the problem of those who do not need it as much.

I appreciate the write up you and your partner put up.   That was a nice insight into the process and the 'problem' from GGS' point of view.  "Too much EVENT currency" is an interesting issue.  

I may just reply over there on that thread.......
    In a way, everyone has access to the same amount of silver. The only thing that sets us 2 apart is my placing in the kingdom league, which might grant me a bit more gold than you. But that's about it. Also, to get the facts straightened out, it is indeed about the event currencies and not so much about the silver coins.

The difference ist that as someone who spends money you will never have to buy troops for silver tokens or feathers. Which is both very expensive if you have to do so because there is no other way for non spenders.

And the storm ist eating feathers in an insane number, meaning that I had to waste many silver tokens to buy them at the months where I very actively played there. 

Without those 2 alone the number of my silver tokens would also be very high.

But still the key problem ist, even if you have 600k silver tokens now, it wont help you at all! if you will be so stupid to regularly buy the tools for the 10 fold silver price. Because exactly noone will get enough silver tokens to buy far over 200k Nomad tools for lets say around 350k Silver tokens. So 2 events an your tokens are gone.

Which means exactly that this most expensive tools are good for not even a single player.

To get to 500k points (and even 175k) at nomads you will have to mainly! rely on other ways to get your points outside the blacksmith. Everyone has to.
    I spend some money every now and then, but I relied on the blacksmith for events and sometimes even my rubies.
    One of the ways I would get my rubies was by attacking fortresses, this also costs a lot of feathers which will become an issue in a week or 3.
    I know this change isn't great, but from what I understand it was necessary. Unfortunately, that's just the reality we have to live with. I hope changes are made soon, but I don't expect them to come this month.

Sounds like you care as you agree with what GGE ( Stillfront ) have done.  This is the final nail in the coffin for low or non ruble buyers the whales will not be affected.  I for one will be gone once my dove runs out unless this farce of a blacksmiths update is not reversed. 
    Then read it again.
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292

Then read it again.
    Re-read it and still not changed my mimd. To Qoute you 
    I know this change isn't great, but from what I understand it was necessary. Unfortunately, that's just the reality we have to live with. I hope changes are made soon, but I don't expect them to come this month

Necessary for who, not the non rubie or occasional rubie buyers.  But it will not affect the whales is that what you mean ?
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386

I would agree if you spend all your gold to exchange it to silver pieces then yes you would have a surplus of silver after doing the nomad event. However just using silver, it is impossible to complete the event using the khan chests without spending more silver than you gain. It used to cost 17k silver for 100k chest. The 100k chest gets you around 200k points. Not even half of the points needed to complete the event. The event only gives around 29k silver. You do not come ahead in nomads when it comes to silver.

Now i do have extra silver, so i can agree there is a surplus of silver. However, it comes from foreign event, cause yes if you just complete the event then you come out in a surplus of silver and the kingdom league season pass. If you are not spending your gold on anything, then all the gold you get from the monthly event just  gives you even more silver.

This fix was poorly done and killed the nomads for small spenders/f2p players. The real issue of surplus silver comes from the bigger spenders who don't need to save their gold pieces for critical build items, new buildings, equipment, etc

Maybe if ggs didn't have offers for people to buy basically anything they want, then people would be forced to use their gold more for items as opposed to just exchanging it for silver. I can agree with a nerf on horsetails since that did help you come out ahead on silver pieces, unless you are trying for a glory spot or top 100. That can be more expensive depending on the competition.

This might not be put together all that well, but I did this in like 5 mins. Not going to spend to much time on something that ggs will likely ignore, but I did spend some time due to hope it might actually help.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

I would agree if you spend all your gold to exchange it to silver pieces then yes you would have a surplus of silver after doing the nomad event. However just using silver, it is impossible to complete the event using the khan chests without spending more silver than you gain. It used to cost 17k silver for 100k chest. The 100k chest gets you around 200k points. Not even half of the points needed to complete the event. The event only gives around 29k silver. You do not come ahead in nomads when it comes to silver.

Now i do have extra silver, so i can agree there is a surplus of silver. However, it comes from foreign event, cause yes if you just complete the event then you come out in a surplus of silver and the kingdom league season pass. If you are not spending your gold on anything, then all the gold you get from the monthly event just  gives you even more silver.

This fix was poorly done and killed the nomads for small spenders/f2p players. The real issue of surplus silver comes from the bigger spenders who don't need to save their gold pieces for critical build items, new buildings, equipment, etc

Maybe if ggs didn't have offers for people to buy basically anything they want, then people would be forced to use their gold more for items as opposed to just exchanging it for silver. I can agree with a nerf on horsetails since that did help you come out ahead on silver pieces, unless you are trying for a glory spot or top 100. That can be more expensive depending on the competition.

This might not be put together all that well, but I did this in like 5 mins. Not going to spend to much time on something that ggs will likely ignore, but I did spend some time due to hope it might actually help.
    I traded in the gold for silver too, then I also get a lot of gold from the kingdom league and the LTPE. I would spend around 35-40k silver on the nomad event and get back about 50-60. The foreign events gave a bit more.

The overall stock that players hold has quadrupled, that's the issue and has to be resolved. That's for spenders and none spenders.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

I traded in the gold for silver too, then I also get a lot of gold from the kingdom league and the LTPE. I would spend around 35-40k silver on the nomad event and get back about 50-60. The foreign events gave a bit more.

The overall stock that players hold has quadrupled, that's the issue and has to be resolved. That's for spenders and none spenders.
    LOL!  IF my Silver has quadrupled to 1,500 then I don't think that was an issue........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386

So instead of fixing the issue of bigger spenders not having anything to spend their gold on and adjusting the foreign event to fix the surplus of silver. The solution instead is to just break all the events? That is just plain stupid. It sounds like a fix someone came up with at 4 am when they are drunk as a skunk. Just fix the gold and foreign event and see how that goes. Not like you can't make adjustments down the road.

As for the sams, honestly its been so long since I have seen them I forget the event rewards and stuff. So cant comment on that.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• Quager (US1)Quager (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    The folks with the so called millions of silvers and nomad tabs likely spent on boosters and bonus booster chests/banners and never bother buying them with silvers anyways.  I don't think I know anyone sitting on tons of silvers, yet non-buyers and small buyers are the ones truly getting penalized here.  This killed morale IMHO.  This is helping me look elsewhere for a new pastime.
    Quager @ usa 1

LOL!  IF my Silver has quadrupled to 1,500 then I don't think that was an issue........
    I wasn't talking about silver.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

Really?  

Huh.  The only words in that quote I responded to involving currency is Gold and Silver.

So did you mean that GOLD has quadrupled?  I doubt it.  You are likely referring to Event Currency, right?  

I guess you are jumping threads too quickly and confusing topics.  Understandable today......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Really?  

Huh.  The only words in that quote I responded to involving currency is Gold and Silver.

So did you mean that GOLD has quadrupled?  I doubt it.  You are likely referring to Event Currency, right?  

I guess you are jumping threads too quickly and confusing topics.  Understandable today......
    my bad, the stock I meant was the nomad and samurai tokens people have.
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 492
    edited 04.06.2021
    So why dont the developers get rid of all the out dated stuff in the nomad shop, so players will spend in there. Logical.
    More importantly that should have done a long tine ago, when it was going to be obvious that relic stuff was going to take over, and new items were needed to exchange for tokens.
  • Bullie42 (NL1)Bullie42 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1
    I'm a hardcore player....with no money....last update is killing small players like me.....no challenge for me against top players...
    I think many players will stop after this update...
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    So why dont the developers get rid of all the out dated stuff in the nomad shop, so players will spend in there. Logical.
    because that won't increase ruby spending
    commando @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file