Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 62
    Well the top group of those with 7 golds. Is this the expected outcome. I can't do anymore with gold to silver ratio and already used too much gold. Will need to wait the 3.6 days until next event, or just attack with basic tools until they run out. No chance of catching the leader. It looks like I will save 41k rubies on these 5 wavers. Any ideas?
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    GGE don't give a S**t about the players, money is all that counts with GGE  ( stillfront) as long as people are willing to spend that is all what counts.  The mods have to follow what GGE says and defend the BS we have to suffer my time is now done on here 30 days left and  in dove and if no change then i'm done after 7 years let the ruby whales rule between themselves.  As the normal ruby spend and non buyers will not be here after this update.
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • What the f*ck are these changes to the blacksmith?!

We're being fed the same old bullsh!t of "it's to balance the game" or "to slow the inflation" yet none of this has any truth to it. GGE are pissy that people stopped buying their shite boosters in favour of tools and that's a fact they can't deny. They're more than happy with 40m MP inflation in just a year, since that one lines the pockets quite nicely

When your CMs are like this how did we ever expect the game to improve.

https://prnt.sc/13zj1xk
    https://prnt.sc/13zj7qg
    https://prnt.sc/13zjgox

BTW 10x cost increase is not the minimum

It was the minimum the studio settled on... 
    I agree this change isn't great for us, but from what I understand there was absolutely no way around it. I am sorry guys.
    If anyone is interested I will upload a guide on how you can save up silver now.

I would be very interested to know how it should be possible to get the 175k Points for the decorations without spending money. So far I dont see any to be honest.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,514
    What the f*ck are these changes to the blacksmith?!

We're being fed the same old bullsh!t of "it's to balance the game" or "to slow the inflation" yet none of this has any truth to it. GGE are pissy that people stopped buying their shite boosters in favour of tools and that's a fact they can't deny. They're more than happy with 40m MP inflation in just a year, since that one lines the pockets quite nicely

I agree this change isn't great for us, but from what I understand there was absolutely no way around it. I am sorry guys.
    If anyone is interested I will upload a guide on how you can save up silver now.

I would be very interested to know how it should be possible to get the 175k Points for the decorations without spending money. So far I dont see any to be honest.

quit your job, or drop out of school. cancel all your appointments and play 23/7
    flug @ nl 1
  • mmoii (US1)mmoii (US1) US1 Posts: 319
    It would be nice to have a concise list of the changes being made so that I might be able to intelligently contemplate the effect of the changes.

Is there a concise list somewhere?
    mmoii @ usa 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,442
    What the f*ck are these changes to the blacksmith?!

quit your job, or drop out of school. cancel all your appointments and play 23/7
    Not even 24/7?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    The 'official' reasoning that there is too much Silver in the game has a problem with it.

WHO has too much Silver?  Likely, it is the Whales.  Why?  They don't need it.  They spend for their tools with real money.  The F2P don't have much Silver in stock.  DID I save a bunch of tools up to make my run at War Adviser last month?  Yes.  And guess what?  I SPENT ALL MY SILVER on the boosters to get there.

What about all the GOLD that I had?  I bought a District with 150,000 of them.  

Currently, I have 1,553 Silver.  I start each event buying the 11 of each Event tool and whatever else I have left on the related booster.  As I gain Silver, I spend it on more boosters.  Cycle - Rinse - Repeat.

So, those who USE the Silver because we NEED it, are the only ones who are going to be impacted.  Those who have 10k, 100k, 1M+ Silver, wont care.

Way to miss not only the bullseye, but the wall the dartboard was hung from............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned so far, is the loss of opportunity to obtain the 100's of millions of coin needed for the relicus.  Not seeing how it's possible to generate significant coin any longer short of spending a fortune for those expensive upgrades.

Having played for roughly 7 years, and seen one of these big "re-balancing" changes come through every 18-24 months, I can't see how this update will keep players motivated to continue playing the endless rotating events month over month, year over year.

Ultimately it comes down to whether this game is a time-waster, or a waste of time.  I think it's safe to say many are choosing the latter.

The 'official' reasoning that there is too much Silver in the game has a problem with it.

WHO has too much Silver?  Likely, it is the Whales.  Why?  They don't need it.  They spend for their tools with real money.  The F2P don't have much Silver in stock.  DID I save a bunch of tools up to make my run at War Adviser last month?  Yes.  And guess what?  I SPENT ALL MY SILVER on the boosters to get there.

Currently, I have 1,553 Silver.  I start each event buying the 11 of each Event tool and whatever else I have left on the related booster.  As I gain Silver, I spend it on more boosters.  Cycle - Rinse - Repeat.

So, those who USE the Silver because we NEED it, are the only ones who are going to be impacted.  Those who have 10k, 100k, 1M+ Silver, wont care.

Way to miss not only the bullseye, but the wall the dartboard was hung from............
    I am someone who spends money on the game and finishes every event, I tend to have between 200-600k silver. Believe me, when I say this, I very much do care. This update completely changes the way I have to play the game and affects us in more ways than it seems you can imagine.
  • Query did other servers apart from GB and FR get this message, interested if we are all been stitched up. @AmazingBrian7 (GB1) makes a very valid point we have had 2 weeks without and now we are paying Harrod prices in a Blacksmith shop. Its all about the balance it seems but where is the balance if 2 servers have been without the opportunity to purchase for 2 weeks not fair play GGE, surprised no just flippin fed up with the rubbish. 

Regards TP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blacksmith Rebalancing

Dear Lords and Ladies,

Since we introduced the changes to the Blacksmith last year we have had a massive inflation in the game of stocks of items that can be purchased there. The effect of this is that the gameplay became unbalanced and unpredictable. In turn this makes it harder for us to correctly implement updates and changes to the game as we could have a detrimental effect on gameplay for all players or worse still on only certain sections of the players. To this end we have had to implement some changes in the Blacksmith to ameliorate the problem and bring stocks under control. The most heavily inflated items of the game are tools in their various incarnations although other stocks are also proving a problem.

To deal with this we are changing the way you can purchase tools and some other items in the Blacksmith. You will now have three tiers of packages. The first tier is a limited stock of cheap packages. This will enable you to buy and use tools even if you are a casual player. The second tier is a more expensive but still limited set of packages. The final tier is unlimited but is considered relatively expensive and will be suitable for our hardcore players that are invested in all our events.

We are aware that this will limit the availability of tools, and certain other items, for some players. However we need to implement this change to maintain a healthy game play balance across the game. We hope that you understand the need to do this and we also hope that this only has a minimal effect on your enjoyment of our games.

Kindest Regards,

Your Empire Family

• Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69
    GGS: "massive inflation in the game of stocks of items"
    Also GGS: The 10X increase in the MB price of unlimited stock items is "relatively expensive"

Players: Thanks for the economics lesson on hyperinflation
    Please look at this for a more detailed explanation.
    Please look at this for a more detailed explanation.
  • domitsu (GB1)domitsu (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    TL;DR You're all going to hate me. Like really. Probably best you don't read it at all tbh.

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure why the backlash is so strong here. Go back a year and you couldn't buy unlimited horsetails for tokens anyway, and everyone was ok with it. You still can, they're just expensive and harder to grind.

The game is a freemium one. No freemium game has F2P players consistently able to compete with P2P players. You can still hit the FI/BC castles, you just can't do 6 wave horsetails hit on every hit without spending money. This seems fundamentally sensible in a game where the studio does need to incentivise spending for competitiveness at the top level.

The game is still way easier to become modestly competitive free-to-play than it ever used to be - does no-one remember the days that the only tools you could get to hit anyone with were wooden tools unless you spent rubies on it? A single decent PvP attack was 5 GBP/EUR. Now you can tool up multiple hits per day without spending a penny on the game.

You can easily get all your castles 50k+ food per hour with enough grind, again without spending a penny. That makes you impervious to any single hits you're likely to receive... again, a pipe-dream a few years ago.

Obviously we'd all like more free stuff, and more ability to play at the top level without spending a penny, but if everyone could do that, no-one would bother whaling because it's unnecessary, and the whales do fund the game at the end of the day.

The updates I don't want to see are those that make it more hassle to play. Things to remember to keep balancing. Remembering to log on or everything starves. Events that force you to sit at the computer for hours a day or get nowhere (I'm looking at you Outer Realms). There's still plenty of ability to play the normal events to a "decent" level without spending a penny, and if you want to be seriously competitive at the top end, get your wallet out.

This is what a freemium game looks like, whether it's this, Stronghold Kingdoms, Grepolis, Travian, Hearthstone, RAID: Shadow Legends, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, the list goes on and on... if you don't want a big P2W tier, play a game where there are no microtransactions.

I am someone who spends money on the game and finishes every event, I tend to have between 200-600k silver. Believe me, when I say this, I very much do care. This update completely changes the way I have to play the game and affects us in more ways than it seems you can imagine.
    Just curious here:  Do you  spend ALL your silver on each event?

As for what things I can imagine, let's not open that box.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Usually, I spend enough silver to finish the event, sometimes I go to 1m points in nomads and 30-50m glory. But my silver doesn't really go down.
    TL;DR You're all going to hate me. Like really. Probably best you don't read it at all tbh.

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure why the backlash is so strong here. Go back a year and you couldn't buy unlimited horsetails for tokens anyway, and everyone was ok with it. You still can, they're just expensive and harder to grind.

The game is a freemium one. No freemium game has F2P players consistently able to compete with P2P players. You can still hit the FI/BC castles, you just can't do 6 wave horsetails hit on every hit without spending money. This seems fundamentally sensible in a game where the studio does need to incentivise spending for competitiveness at the top level.

The game is still way easier to become modestly competitive free-to-play than it ever used to be - does no-one remember the days that the only tools you could get to hit anyone with were wooden tools unless you spent rubies on it? A single decent PvP attack was 5 GBP/EUR. Now you can tool up multiple hits per day without spending a penny on the game.

You can easily get all your castles 50k+ food per hour with enough grind, again without spending a penny. That makes you impervious to any single hits you're likely to receive... again, a pipe-dream a few years ago.

Obviously we'd all like more free stuff, and more ability to play at the top level without spending a penny, but if everyone could do that, no-one would bother whaling because it's unnecessary, and the whales do fund the game at the end of the day.

The updates I don't want to see are those that make it more hassle to play. Things to remember to keep balancing. Remembering to log on or everything starves. Events that force you to sit at the computer for hours a day or get nowhere (I'm looking at you Outer Realms). There's still plenty of ability to play the normal events to a "decent" level without spending a penny, and if you want to be seriously competitive at the top end, get your wallet out.

This is what a freemium game looks like, whether it's this, Stronghold Kingdoms, Grepolis, Travian, Hearthstone, RAID: Shadow Legends, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, the list goes on and on... if you don't want a big P2W tier, play a game where there are no microtransactions.
    Very valid points and true statements.

The reason for the backlash is that the Playerbase got used to it.   Just like the pusher who gives the first one away "for free" and then charges just a little until the person gets hooked.  Once hooked, jack the price up.

Yeah, this really is a game of addiction and this is just a standard staple of that economy.......... 
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Same work for half the rewards  doing it because its needed but  happy ?? NOPE
    That is ok with them.  They are not concerned about your happiness.  Just prove that the players will absorb the hit and keep playing.

That makes THEM happy.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Usually, I spend enough silver to finish the event, sometimes I go to 1m points in nomads and 30-50m glory. But my silver doesn't really go down.
    That is my point.

Too much Silver is the problem of those who do not need it as much.

I appreciate the write up you and your partner put up.   That was a nice insight into the process and the 'problem' from GGS' point of view.  "Too much EVENT currency" is an interesting issue.  

I may just reply over there on that thread.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

That is my point.

Too much Silver is the problem of those who do not need it as much.

I appreciate the write up you and your partner put up.   That was a nice insight into the process and the 'problem' from GGS' point of view.  "Too much EVENT currency" is an interesting issue.  

I may just reply over there on that thread.......
    In a way, everyone has access to the same amount of silver. The only thing that sets us 2 apart is my placing in the kingdom league, which might grant me a bit more gold than you. But that's about it. Also, to get the facts straightened out, it is indeed about the event currencies and not so much about the silver coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file