Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Building on Fire, game mechanics.

Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 492
edited 04.06.2021 in Technical Assistance
A genuine technical question.

You have been attacked and received 100% damage inside your castle. Being a F2P player you then start to repair that damage slowly as res available. You manage to repair say 30-40% of buildings, but then get attacked again for say 60%(or more) damage.
The question now is____Will the whole 60%(or more), be taken completely from the 30-40% of buildings damaged.

The reason I ask this is, that if the answer was yes, then its pointless repairing the damage, as the odds say that once the castle has achieved 100% damage, it could be a case of never being 0% again.

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    A genuine technical question.

You have been attacked and received 100% fires inside your castles. Being a F2P player you then start to put those fires out slowly as res available. You manage to put say 30-40% of building out, but then get attacked again for say 60%(or more) fire damage.
    The question now is____Will the whole 60%(or more), be taken completely from the 30-40% of buildings not on fire.

The reason I ask this is obviously if the answer was yes, then its pointless putting the fires out, as the odds say that once the castle has acheived 100% damage, it could be a case of never being 0% again.

I will let someone who knows the actual game mechanics answer where the new fire damage goes.

But, I will address the way that a F2P can deal with fires.  Two ways really, or actually three.  

Since they have capped fire repairs at 10,000 rubies, that actually IS an option for the F2P.  While my level 45 World1 Wasso doesn't have 10,000 rubies, my INT3 account does.  But, I would not recommend spending them on that.

The second option is to do as you said.  Put out the ones that are on your food production first.  Then any other resource producing buildings.  Then let the others burn until you have the resources and/or skips available.  (Yes, this is another reason we need the time skips in the MB)  Burning towers don't give me much heartburn.  I sometimes forget to put them out!  

The third option is to just be 100% fires.  There are several players who do that.  They figure, can hurt me any more!  Just make certain you can feed what troops you keep and move them out on a march while you are gone.  One downside is people may think you are inactive and/or have abandoned that game.  So, you may get farmed or OPs capped.  But, most people don't like to see their stuff on fire, and will put them out.

Best suggestion for not getting on permanent 100% fires, try not to get the wrong person annoyed with you.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 292
    Agree with the above but I seem to remember something about the keep being important to repair first.

If you haven't already get a few fire castys going as with them and the fire station it is possible to be hit and be left with no fires
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 492
    Ive had fire casts in the past and still found that I had fires, and of course you can always be farmed as well for res. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any severe impact with the fires so I let them be.Rather than go through the whole sh'bang again.

Thanks though.
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,084
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

Baby Yoda @US1
    Gen of AX 

• Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 492
    edited 07.06.2021
    Glad to see that the correct person is posting the BR, even if it is in the wrong section, no surprise there there though.

It also gives me the answer to my technical question, regarding damage. and for those interested in that.

If you had managed to repair some damage to the original attacks, and then receive new ones on top. These new ones will affect those repairs that you had managed to do. This means that ALL the damage that you receive on the latest attack is taken from the repaired buildings, in my case that means that 1 attack causes 100% damage to those buildings repaired.

Conclusion.    Dont bother with repairs while you still have the risk of cowardly farming attacks from the original attackers, with no excuses other than it being malicious, and spiteful. This as most of us are aware of on GB1 already.

If there were downsides to the latest MB alterations, then they couldn't happen to a nicer group of players.
    Post edited by Pisky (GB1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file