Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Maybe a merger, would be a good thing.

Thinking outside the box after tasting the visciousness of a bored, and delusional P2P / P2W player. Who seems to want an end to the GB1 server anyway, it does make me wonder as to what would be good for F2P and low level players as a whole. I think that Stillfront should indeed merge 2 servers, 1 of which would be GB1, but not with a lower, or empty one, but a larger one. Its well know that GB1 has a huge multi / shell problem, which does need sorting, before others can start to enjoy the game again.

So if they merged a stronger / bigger server then it maybe that they wouldn't get their own way anymore, and get a taste of their own medicine, and even close down many of their shells/multis, rather than have them demolished as they do themselves. The wouldn't suddenly like not being the servers all powerfull bully. Yes you will have the threats of the bully boys saying they will quit, but I don't think they will. With what they have spent and the time factor, their vanities wouldn't allow them, (much like Bully Cheekybuilder), would he leave, course not, all bluff and bubbles.

I think that with the way the game is at present, its unlikely to have much impact on the normal and low level players, and I'm sure that suddenly the bullies would become targets themselves, as the pecking order was sorted out. With a merged server, players could play without looking over their shoulders, and expecting early am attacks, from disgruntled players, who always send them at that time. I think that it could work, and maybe Stillfront should think about it if they already haven't.

It would also be a massive plus for PvP players who would have a greater target base on all levels. Nice one 'CheekyBuilder', I wouldn't have come up with this except for you, WELL DONE. Just think you wouldn't have to hit players 500+ levels beneath you, and have to waste mead troops, you will have loads of targets more to your own level, but that maybe to much for you to cope with.

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,568
    Thinking outside the box after tasting the visciousness of a bored, and delusional P2P / P2W player. Who seems to want an end to the GB1 server anyway, it does make me wonder as to what would be good for F2P and low level players as a whole. I think that Stillfront should indeed merge 2 servers, 1 of which would be GB1, but not with a lower, or empty one, but a larger one. Its well know that GB1 has a huge multi / shell problem, which does need sorting, before others can start to enjoy the game again.

So if they merged a stronger / bigger server then it maybe that they wouldn't get their own way anymore, and get a taste of their own medicine, and even close down many of their shells/multis, rather than have them demolished as they do themselves. The wouldn't suddenly like not being the servers all powerfull bully. Yes you will have the threats of the bully boys saying they will quit, but I don't think they will. With what they have spent and the time factor, their vanities wouldn't allow them, (much like Bully Cheekybuilder), would he leave, course not, all bluff and bubbles.

I think that with the way the game is at present, its unlikely to have much impact on the normal and low level players, and I'm sure that suddenly the bullies would become targets themselves, as the pecking order was sorted out. With a merged server, players could play without looking over their shoulders, and expecting early am attacks, from disgruntled players, who always send them at that time. I think that it could work, and maybe Stillfront should think about it if they already haven't.

It would also be a massive plus for PvP players who would have a greater target base on all levels. Nice one 'CheekyBuilder', I wouldn't have come up with this except for you, WELL DONE. Just think you wouldn't have to hit players 500+ levels beneath you, and have to waste mead troops, you will have loads of targets more to your own level, but that maybe to much for you to cope with.
    merge is good idea but if it solves problems like being bored . if big player don't attack eachother now , why would they do it then?  there would be only more lower lvls to hit with mead troops . and wich server doesn't have multi/shells???
    flug @ nl 1
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    Easy one. Because you will have a nationality clash, just as in OR. It wont be a case of lets hit the little guy, it will be lets hit the big guy and get some glory. You would have existing server alliances, each wanting to be top dog, they wont get that from hitting little guys. There would probably be some alliance wars, as toes were trod on, and players moved around the server, even into different alliances. It would probably increase PvP which a lot seem to want, and I would vote for it as I'm being picked off now, so no loss, but maybe gain.
    If it stays as it is and Stillfront keep the blacksmith as it is, then the little guy is always going to be farmed, so why not give them the option of getting into other stronger alliances. They wouldn't have anything to lose, but plenty to gain, its the other way for the P2W players. It may even give Stillfront an option with a big server to split the legendary into leagues, cut out the Cheeky attacks, excuse the pun.
    I think its worth concideration, as its dying as it is, especially on this server with the multi-tude of shells doing what they want. I don't think any decent player is enjoying UK1 as it stands, add into that the changes, and the troops that P2W players can send at you its a no brainer. For a lower level F2P to try to defend against a relic/mead lvl 800, and stay F2P I would say you had little to no chance, so why do they do it, they are destroying the game, and I would love to see those people lose all the money and time they spent on this game, because they couldn't play fairly, or evenly, or even nice.I can imagine their cheeky little face as they logged on to find their account, money, and time gone.
  • domitsu (GB1)domitsu (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    I'm very much in favour of a merge, on the basis that UK residents looking at the game for the first time get redirected to a different server to the one I'm on. Splitting a playerbase is a crazy thing to do on a game that is struggling for player retention.

I have no problem with each country having their own server, but having your own server and then have new incoming players all sent to start on a merged server makes me very sad.

It won't change big players hitting players that they can beat though. If you don't like that, you're probably in the wrong game, plenty of browser MM games out there that aren't PvP.
    I agree, but it shouldn't be with World 1. It should be france, usa, or germany. Give the Pvp like yourselves something to do. Good for international relationships.
    Its funny how either PvP or P2W players all say the same thing, it wont stop the little guys being beaten. How do you know, you don't. On the Uk server some players do it for spite, and malice, and because they can do, and of course because they don't want to lose their troops and equipment. So why not have a choice, and try our luck on another server. Its no loss to players that may have had enough of the hassle, and are leaving anyway, so theres nothing to lose. The only big losses are going to be the to ones that are worried over their losses, that are suddenly not the big fish anymore, and that would be fun.
  • domitsu (GB1)domitsu (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    FWIW, I'm a F2P player too Pisky these days. My losses don't worry me particularly because it's just a game, and rebuilding / re-recruiting is easy. I've been on plenty of these games where when you get beaten, you're gone, wiped out, start over. This one is rainbow and unicorn valley with respect to how much damage being hit actually does.
    Youve got the bad guys liking your posts, so that says it all.
    Don't know what you class as damage, but your welcome to mine, if your a F2P. I don't know that, or who you are, but i will agree with 1 earlier point, that if these harassing and bullying tactics by infamous players, make this game what it is, then yes I'm in the wrong game, and so are a lot of other players, who are fast realising that.
    I dont understand that comment. Its no difference as to F2P, PvP so where is the problem. Its in widespread use.

Are you also classing the whole words the same, and you want it to be stopped in common use ?.

Its just an alt word thats been in general use such as a ruby whale. Its common now to use the alt, which all over this forum and others. I can't see how it can be classed as shaming its a true phrase surely.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    I dont understand that comment. Its no difference as to F2P, PvP so where is the problem. Its in widespread use.

Are you also classing the whole words the same, and you want it to be stopped in common use ?.

Its just an alt word thats been in general use such as a ruby whale. Its common now to use the alt, which all over this forum and others. I can't see how it can be classed as shaming its a true phrase surely.
    He was making another one of his famous "jokes".  This one wasn't too bad, imo.  ;)   Just causes confusion at times when it isn't understood to BE a joke.

As for a merge stopping the high levels from hitting beneath themselves, I also highly doubt it.   It would simply give ALL of them a new batch of mid-level 70 to send Glory Hits to.  Yes, I get them fairly regularly.  LOL! 

There really is no incentive for the high 70s to go after each other.  Why hit a stronger castle and lose more troops, when you can hit a mid-size one and lose less?   Also, why go after someone in a strong alliance and risk a war, when you can hit someone in a mid-sized one (or solo alliance) and know there will likely be no response?  Some may call that cowardly, others would say it is just smart play.  

Mergers have been talked about by players for some time, but there has been no indication that GGS would be interested in taking up the task.  The ROI probably doesn't pan out for it either.........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Dark mind (SKN1)Dark mind (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 57
    Merger of servers would be a good thing. We at SKN1 server would love to be merged with the BR1 server 
    After all we have a long tradition in Skandinavia of plundering Great Britain he he
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 256
    Can you imagine the fun and games of GGS trying to merge servers?

With their track record of bodging updates?
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • @""Poseidon X Angel"

Are there any studies on pricing? and when will we see it
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    merge servers that will be funny since all the cock ups ggs do.
    cant wait for that to happen 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file