Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update BC/FI to include Mead troops

Comments

• To answer Poseiden X's question above of would you like a large bunch of mead troops in the FC/BC's.

I for one would say yes, please do that.  

Think about it, what is the point of a level 70/800 attacking a 425 troop BC/FI and about 1/2 of that 425 troop count are farmers no less....Then doing that over and over and over again, hoping for a 1000-2500 place.

I much rather have say 5000 -10,000 mead troops with decent defense to go against.  Then I cold get glory needed much easier and not seem like a grind doing 425's - 600's..  With the occasional 900-1200, and if really lucky a 2000-3000 place.  I once got a 7K place and close to 1/2 were attack so even then the glory was not that good even with flags and such.

So to Poseiden X I say bring on the Mead troops in BC/FI for at least us 70/800's.   I am game .....

Right now BC and FI are really showing there age as a "Event" and I use that term loosely...  

Also while you are at it please get rid of the announcement of the events starting.   I have skipped several in the past months and nothing happens  to you except your title goes down a little.   There really is no reason for the description at the start of an event anymore, it is just a joke.  It really is.....
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    Everyone would love those defenders, and there lays the problem. I remember on another thread with other suggestions, it all came back to the developers and what they wanted/needed, which was the grind. It was the grind that brought in the revenue, they didn't want a lot of glory flying around, so you either had to grind for the glory, or pay.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 208
    Perhaps we can get GGE to fix the game before they mess about  with any unnessacery changes 

Old threads will show you that players have been calling for changes in defender numbers almost since day 1 of the comparisons with supposed real players. The only changes they did was the dethrone button, and as we know its rubbish. So if they wont even increase the standard troop numbers, we got no chance with relics. It wouldn't be so bad if they made all the troops in the castles proper defenders. No attackers, no townsfolk, no militia, or really low level troops with virtually no glory, at least that would be a start.
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,869
    Perhaps we can get GGE to fix the game before they mess about  with any unnessacery changes 
    What would you like to see fixed next?
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,677
    wow that's a lot of work
    flug @ nl 1
  • Poseidon,

GGE will not fix most bugs especially if it is just a minor visual one or affects only a few players due to maybe there computer hardware they have.   

The reason I say this is there is no money in it for them and Stillfront to spend alot of time on this.   

Also in the past they have tried to fix some bugs and it caused another bug to pop up.

That is why you now have the "Report a Bug" in forums.  They did make a effort that they at least want to know about bugs but they never promise it will be fixed.   Best they may do is say we are looking into it.  And they do fix some at times but it seems only the most serious.  Just my opinion......

But if we are honest to each other, we know that GGE never be able to fix all bugs or even try if it is minor...   Just not in their vision/game plan.

So why not move forward with this suggestion about mead troops that you mentioned in another forum topic.

I thought it was a great idea by you and a update to the event.  So I worked it out for you and GGE on what would be a good start.

So what you think about the idea Mods??????

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    Poseidon,

GGE will not fix most bugs especially if it is just a minor visual one or affects only a few players due to maybe there computer hardware they have.   

The reason I say this is there is no money in it for them and Stillfront to spend alot of time on this.   

Also in the past they have tried to fix some bugs and it caused another bug to pop up.

That is why you now have the "Report a Bug" in forums.  They did make a effort that they at least want to know about bugs but they never promise it will be fixed.   Best they may do is say we are looking into it.  And they do fix some at times but it seems only the most serious.  Just my opinion......

But if we are honest to each other, we know that GGE never be able to fix all bugs or even try if it is minor...   Just not in their vision/game plan.
    Just a minor detail that might be interesting, we are asked for a list of top 10 bugs every month, usually they are able to fix a few of these but some issues are very hard to fix. Take the white squares you sometimes see, this is very difficult to fix.

So why not move forward with this suggestion about mead troops that you mentioned in another forum topic.

I thought it was a great idea by you and a update to the event.  So I worked it out for you and GGE on what would be a good start.

So what you think about the idea Mods??????
    Personally I don't think it will make it, the average troop count in any given castle is no where near what you would expect, and it's light years away from 400k. I like the idea of being able to get rid of these strong castles but in the long run this will also get very expensive.
    Last but not least, I think having castles of this size will be highly favored by big spenders as they can gain glory far easier with these. Smaller spenders or none spenders will not be able to keep up with the troops required to defeat these castles.

However, you did get me thinking and I am currently working on an idea that takes some of the things mentioned here.
    When it's finalized I will post it here. (if I can)
  • Yes I agree the White squares would be number one to get fixed....  

I am glad you at least think the idea is decent and agree GGE would really water it down even if they wanted to do it.

I very well doubt that they would make any castle 200K or even 100K or 50K if they decided to do parts of a update.  Right now you are right they are light years from I think even a 25K place.   The most I have heard of or seen a repoint on in our top 10 alliance is close to 9-10K.   I think that was a fluke and seems like even getting a 6-7K place is just about impossible unless you are really, really lucky......

I look forward to what you are thinking of proposing and hope you can share it.

There is nothing more frustrating to most of us players then the way GGE puts out info now.  Or I should say the lack of info they now put out.  

They used to put out teasers a few weeks or a month ahead of a change if they thought it was an enhancement to the game.  Now are we get are silence.  I think they got burned on one or two awhile back and just decided to stop.

Anyway thanks for all you Mods do and I truly do look forward to what you will propose...   Please let us know what you think...
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    Why not go the whole hog and bring back attacks by FC & Crows, and let them use Relic/Mead troops.
    Better still give the PVP & P2W players an event where the relic/mead troops attack them over a certain level, or spend level.

That would be nice. I'm sure Bully boy cheekybuilder would welcome that as something to enliven his game again.
  • not sure that would be a great idea, it you mean you would get wiped by NPCs aswell!
    It would just be the satisfaction of watching you get wiped, but if you read it properly you would see I mentioned a certain level, or spend level, probably either would fit you. Be nice to see some blame attched to you for causing it as well, you def wouldn't be here long then.
    Lets not make every thread about your encounter with cheekybuilder please.
    Point taken
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    As I stated in the original thread on this topic, I would not mind a big bad Mead Troop BC/FL castle showing up.  No, I would not want 10 of them on my first roll!  LOL!

Would this favor the high levels and P2W players?  Certainly.  Would it make The Proud and above even harder for the F2P to achieve?  No question. 

Then why would I support such a thing?

It gives some variety.  It would also allow for testing what you can do against a castle that size.  Yes, I know that the 7k BC/FL typically have weak casts and that gives the attacker a big advantage.  So, this is not a true reflection of the results you would get in real PvP.  But, I think it would be fun to try!  Perfect timing would be for an OR to complete giving the F2P 10k Vets.  Get a big bad BC/FL with  Mead Def  and let it rip!  Sure, it would be a "waste" of those troops, so maybe wait until the end of the day to hit that one.  You still have the other 9 to get a few million Glory from.  Then, instead of feeding those that are left, you send them all out on that big baddie.  

That just sounds like much more fun then another couple rounds of 575s..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• You really need to stress to GGE that at BC and FI just plain suck.

I grind all day and do alot of Redo's even and the best I can get is about 1800 after doing 100's and 100's and 100's of hits....

Even after 5 redo's on a place it goes from 500 to 530 to 650 to 7898 to 1250 to 1800.    I cannot afford to do more than 5 as the cost in tablets just get to great if you do not wait till another attack lands.   Then it resets as I am sure you all know.

But the event really need a refresh and better troops and better places.    

Having players grind away at 425 - 650 places just gets so old week after week and it shows by the amount of players taking breaks or quitting the game.

Sure whales will still buy some to get glory faster but at some point each whale even quits as just not worth the real world dollars/Euro's for this game.

So Mods not sure if you really can do anything but continue to put in weekly notes that players want better places.

Lets get the mead troops in BC and FI....  Increase the places to at least what players have.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Just a quick typing error I did....  The 4th redo was 789 troops  AND NOT 7898...   

And yes I keep track as want to be able to "Prove" how bad the event is......

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,677
    why do you need those big-ones :)
    i run the small ones 10 at a time , that's around the 100k each, so 1 million per 10.

15 runs of 10 or less and the 15 million is reacht. :)

and saves me tools too :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 385
    Whilst I agree and think it would help to have mead troops there it would also create an issue for the low 70's who only have 4 waves. They may not be able to defeat a castle with mead troops and thus not earn monthly points. The game doesn't know what level a player is at when it hands out the bc/fl. 
    But then again GGE wouldn't care as it may make players spend more..lol
  • Harper (IN1)Harper (IN1) IN1 Posts: 27
    forget that where is samurai? its gone from the lte camp

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file