Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update BC/FI to include Mead troops

Poseidon X got me thinking with his suggestion about mead troops in BC/FI castles.

Why not update the event as it is long overdue for some sort of update/upgrade.

Long long ago we were told they were based on a snapshot of real players castles but if that is so they picked some very weak players even back then.

As most know, out of the first 10 you will get most likely 9 of them being in the 425-600 range for troops of various low stats.  Maybe 1 will be a bit better but not even near what real players have at their places.

So a about two years ago GGE added the respin option to get another one for a charge of tokens or tablets.  But even that when done is no guarantee of anything really much better.  Many a time a redo of a 500 troop place you receive a 575 troop place.  You redo again and go from 575 to maybe 785 troops.  It is just a crap shoot what you get.

So I am suggesting GGE redo the amount of troops and type be changed to more what is actually in the game.  It would not require a lot of code change just making the parameters more real world.   Also it would not be a huge recode to make the troops more in line with what is in game now.  The base code for the event to run would not need to be changed.   Just the troop levels a player could get and type of troops.

So as for Poseidon X saying how would you like a 200,000, 400,000 or greater cast with mead troops.  I say lets do it Poseidon and if a player does not want that many to go after they can always do a respin and I would bet 99.99% of the time they would get less than 200,000.

Also if GGE is worried about those under level 70 they could put in a line of code in that event that mead troops will only show up for those at level 70 and legend level 650 or above or whatever level GGE decides.  This can be done as they have put in limits in the code for sami and nomads that you have to be a certain level to even see the event.  So that can be done as they know how.

So GGE let's move forward and get more up to date.   If they want they could even change the glory required for certain rewards.  I would understand that need also.   Maybe not for the lower rewards but the higher ones.   Right now they seem to be set on a 7 page of silver and gold coins setup.   Page 1-4 could be the same as now so all could receive them.  Page 5 could be set a bit more aggressive on glory levels.  Then page 6 and 7 for the best rewards could be for the players that play hard and hit hard and deserve the updated rewards.

Thoughts everyone

So Poseidon lets move forward and suggest the update of some variation of it.

Justinlegoboy (US1)

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    With probably little interest by some, I have done my 3rd survey of the initial castles given in these events, and then combined with the supposed new castles spawned after 48 hrs. YES! they are still the same, no changes to the castles. In answer to my initial ticket I was told 'the information you have provided has been passed to my colleagues in our analysis team for further investigation. Once we have recieved some clarity on the situation we will of course reach out to you again!. Nice to get a reply, but after 2 further events leading to exactly the same results, still no answers.

With Stillfronts removal of Horsetails from the tent, why not go a bit further and remove the exile option, or maybe the fast feathers, because I think they are both being used as part of the continious grind process in the event.FC's & CROWS. After using the exile button continiously many castles just remain the same, and are just a further exercise in grinding. This leads me to the fact that probably the exile button is probably the games free player option, with the slightly better option being the ruby Fortify button, for those willing to pay for better castles defences. Yet another exercise by Stillfront to milk even more money from the events, and a further reason to keep running these 2 events as revenue makers.

• I have found (I may be wrong) that it is the number of castles you hit is how you get the higher number fl's or bc's

Dethroning imo does not add to this figure, so suggest just hit more and see what happens

And suggest that you do not suggest any changes to the Blacksmith shop at this point :wink:

Regards TP :)
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    I have found (I may be wrong) that it is the number of castles you hit is how you get the higher number fl's or bc's

Dethroning imo does not add to this figure, so suggest just hit more and see what happens

And suggest that you do not suggest any changes to the Blacksmith shop at this point :wink:

Regards TP :)
    Kinda sorta yes and no.   

But, first, I want to thank @Pisky (GB1) for tracking and TRYING to get an answer from Support on this.  It would be nice to get an actual answer, as many people will likely respond that the sample size is too small for proof.  They would have a point, but I believe this to be the case.

Back to TP's statement: 

The first 10 roll is supposed to be random.  Indeed I HAVE received the occasional 5k castle in that first batch of ten.  As for hitting more increasing the odds of a large castle, that has not been suggested AFAIK.  BUT, if you get 10 smalls and DON'T clear them, then the odds are of course 0% if they no longer re-roll on their own.  I can see this being the case.  Why?  They just took the automated re-roll (That USED to happen) and turned it into the Dethrone Feature.  They DON'T auto re-roll anymore.  You have to pay some form of game currency for that.  But, they did once state that they included the "bad-luck" prevention mechanic.  I have mentioned this before, but it would also be nice to get re-confirmation that it is still in the game.  What is supposed to happen is, if you get 10 "bad" castles in a row you will be given a "good" one.  No definitions of "Bad" and "Good" were included.  How about it @Poseidon X Angel?  Any change for an ask to those who can confirm/deny this is still in effect?

Just for funsies today, I hit a ~600 def castle with a non-glory boosting Relic Com and sent NO tails or other type of booster.  Just a simple un-boosted hit.  The Glory received from it was ~3,500.  Oh, I forgot...... I have the Marauder running.  So, that glory IS boosted.

Just imagine folks, running the event with no boosters at all.  Well, if they keep the limited flags in there, you could get a few decent results.  But, nothing like the non-low-mid spenders can get today.  Before the MP started offering the unlimited Tails, The Proud on INT3 was running around 5M glory.  Since then, it has been running around 25M, and that is where it is today.   Now that people are used to these amounts, will they open the wallet to buy the boosters?

Once again, only time will tell. 

I also wanted to post this Espy.  I mentioned once before about how old the setup are in the game.

Just out of curiosity, when WAS the last time the Star-spangled knights were offered for sale?

I have no way to know..............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Two Pockets (GB1)Two Pockets (GB1) GB1 Posts: 41
    edited 28.05.2021
    Wasso may have the key but to honest I do not know. advice given is always appreciated :)

Though not sure the mods have the answers

Regards TP
    @two pockets

I know where you are coming from, but my thread was regarding the initial concept of the FC&Crows when it was supposedly designed on castles from another server. At that time if you never attacked a poor castle, it would change defences, which is how the concept of having to keep spying the castles for changes came about. My point now is that in 10 castles over each of the 3 events (30), nothing has changed, which to me! does bring about Wasso's version of whats happened.

It also means that once your happy with that scenario, then you no longer have to waste time, or fast feathers(if you use them) to re-spy the castles once the original spy has vanished. This of course means that the game in effect, could leave spies visable, if that castle is not attacked. They don't! so its another attempt to make a little bit more by Stillfront, even from the F2P players.
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 838
    Last night I spied a foreign castle, then attacked it based on the spy report, and half an hour later got the battle report in which the setup was different from what the spy report said. It doesn't happen very often, but they still change setup from time to time. That is, just the setup on the wall changed, not the total number and types of soldiers, nor the castellan. Even so, the spy report doesn't change, unless you send a new spy just before the attack lands.

As for expiring spy reports, this always happens after 48 hours. Not just for FC/BC, but also for RBC and player castles.
    This has nothing to do with changed setups. As you know, RBCs never change setup if you don't beat them, yet the spy report will disappear after 2 days. Just try it out for yourself.
    On the other side, if you spy another player's castle, they may change setup at any time, but your spy report will stay the same, until you beat them, send a new spy, or wait for 2 days.

FC/BC don't respawn if you don't attack them (nor did they in the past, iirc, except if they attacked you before you attacked them), though some of them may change the wall setup occasionally, but that is independent from when spy report expires. Even rarer is that they may receive/loose "support troops", but I haven't seen that for a while, I guess while I don't give them enough time. (Nowadays we get so many soldiers, that I can easily send out 10 attacks simultaneously.)
    So I don't see what's the problem (apart from the outdated soldier types pointed out by Wasso, some of which were already outdated when FC/BC were introduced...).
    Wiglema (NL1)
    I disagree with your last para, as originally they did change defence numbers, if not attacked and spy rep vanished. This was the only way that f2p used to get different castles before the exile button. It was also  common  in alliances to re -spy any non attacked castles prior to an attack anyway, not just for changed defences but also for numbers of troops. That was the whole idea when it was started as events.
    Sillfront have just quietly changed it to increase revenue hoping it would go unoticed.
  • @two pockets

I know where you are coming from, but my thread was regarding the initial concept of the FC&Crows when it was supposedly designed on castles from another server. At that time if you never attacked a poor castle, it would change defences, which is how the concept of having to keep spying the castles for changes came about. My point now is that in 10 castles over each of the 3 events (30), nothing has changed, which to me! does bring about Wasso's version of whats happened.

It also means that once your happy with that scenario, then you no longer have to waste time, or fast feathers(if you use them) to re-spy the castles once the original spy has vanished. This of course means that the game in effect, could leave spies visable, if that castle is not attacked. They don't! so its another attempt to make a little bit more by Stillfront, even from the F2P players.
    I tremember the first Fi event and was hyped as actual castles from another server - I have spied many people in the game (over my 8 years playing) and have yet to find even a near ruin with the troops and numbers that these have !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Its PoseidonIts Poseidon Moderator Posts: 1,877
    Imagine a foreign castle with 900k level 5 mead defenders
    Imagine time skips in the blacksmith  
    Don't have to, I still have them
  • Don't have to, I still have them
    but at what cost  two servers don't own them
  • Again to both Mods.

one of you said to be patient change is coming concerning the Blacksmith....  

OK so when are GGE going to do this change, in 1 week?, 3 Weeks, Months?

Why not a upcoming announcement like GGE did years ago for us to look forward to something that "Might" be good...

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    Imagine the Glory you could get from that with all King's banners and 11 waves.

So as not to put words in your mouth, are you implying that the above would be what you WANT or would FEAR happening?

If you WANT it, cool.  That would be something that would be fun to go up against.

If you FEAR it, then it would seem that easy to beat castles, like the 95% that we currently have are exactly what the Dr ordered...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

So as not to put words in your mouth, are you implying that the above would be what you WANT or would FEAR happening?

If you WANT it, cool.  That would be something that would be fun to go up against.

If you FEAR it, then it would seem that easy to beat castles, like the 95% that we currently have are exactly what the Dr ordered...........
    You would barely kill any any troops if they also upgrades the casts, it wouldn't be much fun and it would be extremely pay 2 win. Not something I would want.

You would barely kill any any troops if they also upgrades the casts, it wouldn't be much fun and it would be extremely pay 2 win. Not something I would want.
    Well, that is an additional detail that would make a difference isn't it?

Besides, they wouldn't ALL be that level.  If we are "imagining" things those top difficulty castles would be in the lower percentages of showing up.  IF you get one, and don't want to hit it, you can either dethrone it or ignore it.  Still have 9 others to hit........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 214
    Again to both Mods.

Why not a upcoming announcement like GGE did years ago for us to look forward to something that "Might" be good...

Sometimes we are not allowed to share information regarding key events/updates in the game.
    Changes will made soon, that is a fact, but I cannot say anything else related to this.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,678
    Again to both Mods.

that's kinda standard answer.................................be patient
    flug @ nl 1
    Lol, like yes they might take more stuff away. I haven't seen anything to say its going back.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,678
    Again to both Mods.

if they do that, then they have to do that ;P
    flug @ nl 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file