Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• This is unacceptable, however I will monitor it for a few days, but if I can only compete in Nomads by spending more than I do already, and no longer at all in Berri as seems likely, my account will go into pro for 2 months, if this is not reversed, thats the end of my time, if anyone has any suggestions for alternative games please let me know. I have really reached the stage where I am not going to complain because its a pointless exercise.
    Yep much the same.  Had no issue spending in Outers or BTH since in truth the build rewards are useful and I am not yet bored of them.  lol...but to spend more money playing the same old cycle of Green events, since lets be honest Nomads is coming again, is just not that appealing.  I guess this is what Stillfront mean when they say they like to add to the quality of the gaming experience whilst being a powerhouse of F2P games....perhaps an attempt at a sense of humour.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • JohnC (GB1)JohnC (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    One of the our members sent an email to GGE and got the following reply back.

Thanks for getting in touch regarding our recent silver token shop changes. Our internal balancing teams have looked into the current price of a number of silver token items, and deemed that a number of products in this store were having a negative effect on the overall stability of the competitive metagame. As such, several items have been adjusted or removed, in order to offer a more dynamic store experience to all players. These changes also allow us to be more flexible with offering rewards in the future, as the overall parity of items available in this store is now more evenly distributed, resulting in players choosing a greater variety of rewards using their tokens.  While we know that these changes may be jarring to players who commonly use the silver token store, please understand that our research demonstrates that these adjustments will be beneficial for the long term health of the game. 

I dare not comment for fear of being banned but something that falls out of a cattle's bottom comes to mind.
    Regards TP
    What is the negative effect at Berimond? Unbelievable. 
    They listened kids and lazy people complaining about silver/gold rewards since now you get a bit more. And the backlash was to cut us basic tools for some events.  
    Something normal for GGE.
  • Maybe by doing this might be counter productive , because i use a lot of these blacksmith tools.
    And if ruby whales do not have competition from non ruby buyers , they will not have to spend much to win ,

food for thought

You may well be right we have a problem at the moment with ruby players from the US server Berri will be a cakewalk for them, and such is the feeling, they may well get their wish and kill the GB server, I wont hang around to watch.
  • lol i'm suggesting to my players to top up on khan chests and sam chests "just in case" !

Luckily I don't wait til events to buy from the smith so had 300k horsetails - and have thousands of 5 min and 1 min skips - just wondering if i can get the name of the person responsible as will be looking like a RSi injury !  :D 
    @dandelion1958 (GB1)this you can do but tbh is a short lived compromise imo
  • lol i'm suggesting to my players to top up on khan chests and sam chests "just in case" !

Luckily I don't wait til events to buy from the smith so had 300k horsetails - and have thousands of 5 min and 1 min skips - just wondering if i can get the name of the person responsible as will be looking like a RSi injury !  :D 
    This Dandelion is not the solution this is just a stopgap when you can stock up after this... welcome to the world of not being able to get these tools etc unless you pop out the debit/credit card.

I am working on a level ish playing field which is what the blacksmith shop gave us infrequent buyers and I serious hope that the bosses are listening.
    Regards TP
  • I consolled myself the other day by reading the beautiful and heart rending story of the Nativity where Mary Branson and Joseph of Nuneaton (who apparently was in The Carpenters) couldn't find a room on LateLuxury.com and decided the next best thing would be to give birth in a nice sanitary barnfull of animal faeces... when the baby was born they placed him in a nearby sanitary manger full of dung and ants...then something came to my mind...there was a boy in a cot...boy in a cot...? I just couldn't put my finger on it...so I went back to the game to wait 23 and a half hours for my HOL to upgrade itself...
    Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 873
    edited 27.05.2021
    I consolled myself the other day by reading the beautiful and heart rending story of the Nativity where Mary Branson and Joseph of Nuneaton (who apparently was in The Carpenters) couldn't find a room on LateLuxury.com and decided the next best thing would be to give birth in a nice sanitary barnfull of animal faeces... when the baby was born they placed him in a nearby sanitary manger full of dung and ants...then something came to my mind...there was a boy in a cot...boy in a cot...? I just couldn't put my finger on it...so I went back to the game to wait 23 and a half hours for my HOL to upgrade itself...
    Personnally speaking I was about to surcumb to my usual inbibement at£2.49 in the outers but have decided to abstain - becoming abstemious until some light is at the bend of the tunnel !

I can still get gems from outers and occasionally top 10 k without spending :)
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • 'Abstemious'! Excellent word squire!  B)
    Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • 'Abstemious'! Excellent word squire!  B)
    to be fair had to look up the actual spelling in the dictionary - now it's time for countdown on c4 + 1
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • domitsu (GB1)domitsu (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    It's also the only word in the English language that has each vowel in it exactly once and in the correct order (abstemiously if you want to include "y") 
  • The first decision I have had to make after this disastrous decision by GGE is not to enter outers, its inevitable that you spend money in outers and why should i spend money on a game that I am likely to leave in the next week or two ?
  • It's also the only word in the English language that has each vowel in it exactly once and in the correct order (abstemiously if you want to include "y") 
    I see your abstemious and raise you with facetious and affectious
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • It's also the only word in the English language that has each vowel in it exactly once and in the correct order (abstemiously if you want to include "y") 
    I raise you both the only word in the English language that has ever been attributed to having 3 's's in a row...? (apart from my rubbish game name...) :p
    Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    It's also the only word in the English language that has each vowel in it exactly once and in the correct order (abstemiously if you want to include "y") 
    I raise you both the only word in the English language that has ever been attributed to having 3 's's in a row...? (apart from my rubbish game name...) :p
    Dr Google reports these:

there are a few that the Oxford English Dictionary reportedly lists:

• “countessship, duchessship, governessship, hostessship, postmistressship”

Don't know if these are the onesss you were looking for.............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• domitsu (GB1)domitsu (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    Considering how often I use the word facetious I'm delightfully stunned to be entirely wrong, and stand happily corrected. I will continue my collection, Affectious sounds like a yucky word, you can keep that one. Well played though sir, well played.
  • Hahaha! I love the fact you took the time to look them up rather than moderating but thanks pal! ;)

Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • I was looking for Godessship but my ex missus won't be flattered into deception...(damn that dictionary I bought her for her 84th birthday...) xD
    Blunderbusss @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file