Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Green Spaces on GB1

Well folks I have been having a look at GB1 and lets say it is not pretty the following is as of today at 3pm, very much aware that people play at weekends but this is quite shocking.

Players that have currently looted this week so far all levels is 1611

Players that have individual glory all levels is 1142 of which 1049 are lv 70 and so that leaves 93 players between lv10-69

Alliances that have collected any glory is 146 in total

So if we take the 1611 players that have looted and pop them into an alliance of 65 players that will give GB1 a grand total of 25 alliances

I'll repeat the looting players total again this Sunday hoping that it improves :)

I think the Brits are less tolerant and are walking away, new players must not be staying either. No wonder we have green spaces...

Regards TP

Comments

• we have had 2 players deleted today - only been ruins 2 weeks as well !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,563
    over here it's 2544 accounts that looted this week sofar.   that would be 39 alliances.
    But that's mutli-accounts included.
    flug @ nl 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    INT3 = 1688

World1 = 11,178

I know.  I almost fell out of my chair...............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• INT3 = 1688

World1 = 11,178

I know.  I almost fell out of my chair...............
    It now becomes a little clearer as to why they are creating new servers small example GB1, INT3 and NL1 numbers very low. The introduction of 'state what language your alliance is' hummm 

At the end of the day this is a business and they need to make money so why run lots of servers with small numbers. 

I might be over thinking this but all smaller country's could get merged and we take our accounts with us, long term planning might be in the mix here, this is just me doing a bit of hypothesis. They could well have a vision on the horizon. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. The quality of the game time is more important imo if they make changes then they need to preserve the quality of play or even better improve it.

Food for thought
    TP signing off :)

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Au figures are:

Players with glory all levels is 508
    Alliances with glory is 57

Players with loot this week is 697

No wonder we had merge rumours..lol

But this also makes nobility top 250 very easy
  • forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 364
    Au figures are:

Au figures are:

The numbers for the AU server are slightly off because the server was prohibited from attacking Robber Barons for an entire weekend. 
    Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • domitsu (GB1)domitsu (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    edited 27.05.2021
    This somewhat ties into my post in the other thread... what is there to entice new players to get hooked on the game? Essentially the game's current life is dependent on how much people are willing to put up with on the basis they've already committed so much of their time, energy and in some cases money into their account, and how many times you can introduce a new item that makes enough difference that people don't want to be one of the only players not to get it.

In their defence, GGS have done an excellent job streamlining the first 70 levels. You can get caught up with midgame surprisingly fast now, and there's not a great deal of interest in what goes on before 70 any more. When I restarted on UK, I think it took 6 weeks to hit level 70 and that was without deliberately doing any of the XP quests.

So if the problem isn't the fact that new players are forever miles behind, it's because without having already gotten used to the grind drudgery, they're more inclined to see what it is, grind for the sake of more grinding. Without the social networks being built, or any existing investment into their account, there is literally no incentive to hang around, and so they don't.

The playerbase isn't dying fast, the token opium train is an addictive one, and lots of people who say they're finished with the game end up sticking around anyway. But it is dying, and I say this as someone who has long defended the non-dying-ness of the game, and the reason is that if you arrive at the game with no knowledge of what it's like, then it's actually fun until, but only until, you've seen all there is to see regarding the gameplay loop. Sadly this basically lasts about 2 months at most (once you've gotten used to the mantlet+range nomads and the clean+hit of the BC/FI, and you've levelled up to the point where there's very little PvP, there's basically nothing else in the game now). 2 months is just not enough to care enough to put up with it.

Add some new ideas to make the game fun, get advertising again, let's fix what still has the potential to be, for me, one of the most enjoyable browser freemium MP games out there.

PS Merging servers would be amusing too, particularly with how differently different servers feel about multi-accounting, tool cleaning, multi-hit attacks etc etc.
    Post edited by domitsu (GB1) on
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

PS Merging servers would be amusing too, particularly with how differently different servers feel about multi-accounting, tool cleaning, multi-hit attacks etc etc.
    THAT would be hilarious!  Trying to see those "in charge" of their "server rules" trying to get the others to agree to their version.

Home Server Rules!  We have more Might Points!  You got merged into us! 

I am so glad I don't believe in following them..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file