Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    One of the our members sent an email to GGE and got the following reply back.

Thanks for getting in touch regarding our recent silver token shop changes. Our internal balancing teams have looked into the current price of a number of silver token items, and deemed that a number of products in this store were having a negative effect on the overall stability of the competitive metagame. As such, several items have been adjusted or removed, in order to offer a more dynamic store experience to all players. These changes also allow us to be more flexible with offering rewards in the future, as the overall parity of items available in this store is now more evenly distributed, resulting in players choosing a greater variety of rewards using their tokens.  While we know that these changes may be jarring to players who commonly use the silver token store, please understand that our research demonstrates that these adjustments will be beneficial for the long term health of the game. 

I dare not comment for fear of being banned but something that falls out of a cattle's bottom comes to mind.
    Regards TP
    Translation:

Too many people were spending their reward tokens (Silver) on boosters.   This lessens their need to buy them with real world money.  

They want to 'encourage' the players to spend them on the other items in the shop.  The temp build items, the Forge-Only Decos, Forge Catalysts, the mid-tier Build Materials (Does ANYONE use those?), and the regular building material sacks.  These clearly don't get purchased as often as the Event Tools / Boosters.   They want to change that.

From their point of view, they see this as a loss.  Back when the rewards were set and delivered to us, they could control the percentages.  You WILL get a total of 250 Rolling Shields, and no more.  You WILL get 25 fusion coins, even if you don't want/need them.  You WILL get 6.5 days of VIP Time even if you are sitting on 2.25 years already.  

It seems that they did the old spreadsheet comparison and the sales are not "balanced" to what they want them to be.  So, they will take them away until such time as the balance is restored.

Now that I read the above, and give it some additional thought, I have a prediction. 

The items will be returned, with new limits on them.  Those limits set will be passed on to all servers.  The days of unlimited tails and chests will be over.  This does fit another of their often displayed practices of doing something TERRIBLE, so they can "give in" with the less terrible situation and claim they "listened to the feedback of the community".  Reality is, they always meant to end up where they do.

I do hope I am wrong.  I would prefer to see everything go back to where it was for ALL servers.  But, history speaks loudly.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318

Thanks for getting in touch regarding our recent silver token shop changes. Our internal balancing teams have looked into the current price of a number of silver token items, and deemed that a number of products in this store were having a negative effect on the overall stability of the competitive metagame. As such, several items have been adjusted or removed, in order to offer a more dynamic store experience to all players. These changes also allow us to be more flexible with offering rewards in the future, as the overall parity of items available in this store is now more evenly distributed, resulting in players choosing a greater variety of rewards using their tokens.  While we know that these changes may be jarring to players who commonly use the silver token store, please understand that our research demonstrates that these adjustments will be beneficial for the long term health of the game. 

I dare not comment for fear of being banned but something that falls out of a cattle's bottom comes to mind.
    Regards TP
    My take on this is they have made their decision and no amount of feedback will change their minds as the feedback would have been received before this reply. So this will roll out to all servers in the very near future so those who have plenty of silver coins I suggest stocking up now whilst you still can..
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,557

Regards TP
    My take on this is they have made their decision and no amount of feedback will change their minds as the feedback would have been received before this reply. So this will roll out to all servers in the very near future so those who have plenty of silver coins I suggest stocking up now whilst you still can..
    Well, then for our sake I hope you're wrong and that it ends up getting reversed.
  • Well, then for our sake I hope you're wrong and that it ends up getting reversed.
    or unchanged at least me too i need time skips if i reach 650 legend lvl otherwise i won't update the new buildings nor the other ones that i own (in short time ofc)
    Well, then for our sake I hope you're wrong and that it ends up getting reversed.
    or unchanged at least me too i need time skips if i reach 650 legend lvl otherwise i won't update the new buildings nor the other ones that i own (in short time ofc)
    The 24 and 5 hour skips haven't been removed ;-)
  • One of the our members sent an email to GGE and got the following reply back.

Regards TP
    Have a bit of faith, it doesn't even effect you... yet lol, I miss my horsetails :(
  • StylishSI (AU1)StylishSI (AU1) AU1 Posts: 153
    If nothing else the fact that discussing a boycott on official sites is banned suggest the they are worried about the potential impact of one being organised.
    Boycotts won't work

You'll never make everyone stop spending.

The spending of the players that really matter are enough to keep them afloat 

The biggest spender yet has spent close to 6 million Euros on the game

Someone choosing to not spin 450 tix won't make GGS bleed
    Sussy baka 

BM_Daisho said:
    Enough feedback has been given and I think the mood of the community will be seen so lets try and stay calmer for a bit.
    Disagree strongly.   If we all calm down, then they will see "That wasn't so bad! -  Let's roll it out!"

Sorry that you have to hear it all, but that IS the role you singed up for.  Just remember, we are NOT holding you personally responsible for this.  ALL of our feedback is directed to GGS/Stillfront.  You just are the unfortunate person stuck in the middle................
    We as mods are the only people who read the feedback here, we are more than well aware of the complaints and we share the same complaints. If someone complains about this change once or 10 times, it won't make a difference at this point.
    The way the players think about this change is clear, it's a bad change for the players that in my opinion shouldn't have made it to the game to begin with.

We know about the issues, and I understand you want to tell at those who are responsible, but the truth is that it's getting directed at the mods, that's fine, that's why we are here. But we aren't in this position to speak to the devs in anger, that's not good. I believe the anger I have seen over the past few days is justified, but I agree with diasho that it would be good for all of us if it calmed down a little.

I don't think anything new can be added to this discussion that hasn't been said yet that will change something.
    Which doesn't mean nothing can change, it just means I beleive all the points have already been mentioned.
    As the quote says:  Well behaved women seldom make history. 

While this was meant to say that Well behaved people SHOULD make history, the reality is that the "well behaved" don't.  IF we all were to sit down and be quiet for the rest of the week......your report would reflect that, right?

What do you think WE want that report to say next week?  Something like:  The community is still roaring loudly with this issue.  That the MB reset and they didn't come back was a nightmare!  ---  OR if it does reset and the items are back, that you can say, the outcry continued right up until the Reset of MB.  Then, everything calmed down.

Either of those would send a MUCH stronger message than: Every one clamed down and are waiting to see what happens.

I certainly HOPE you can see the difference..............
    Just stop talking lol
    Sussy baka 

BM_Daisho said:
    Enough feedback has been given and I think the mood of the community will be seen so lets try and stay calmer for a bit.
    Disagree strongly.   If we all calm down, then they will see "That wasn't so bad! -  Let's roll it out!"

Sorry that you have to hear it all, but that IS the role you singed up for.  Just remember, we are NOT holding you personally responsible for this.  ALL of our feedback is directed to GGS/Stillfront.  You just are the unfortunate person stuck in the middle................
    We as mods are the only people who read the feedback here, we are more than well aware of the complaints and we share the same complaints. If someone complains about this change once or 10 times, it won't make a difference at this point.
    The way the players think about this change is clear, it's a bad change for the players that in my opinion shouldn't have made it to the game to begin with.

We know about the issues, and I understand you want to tell at those who are responsible, but the truth is that it's getting directed at the mods, that's fine, that's why we are here. But we aren't in this position to speak to the devs in anger, that's not good. I believe the anger I have seen over the past few days is justified, but I agree with diasho that it would be good for all of us if it calmed down a little.

I don't think anything new can be added to this discussion that hasn't been said yet that will change something.
    Which doesn't mean nothing can change, it just means I beleive all the points have already been mentioned.
    As the quote says:  Well behaved women seldom make history. 

While this was meant to say that Well behaved people SHOULD make history, the reality is that the "well behaved" don't.  IF we all were to sit down and be quiet for the rest of the week......your report would reflect that, right?

What do you think WE want that report to say next week?  Something like:  The community is still roaring loudly with this issue.  That the MB reset and they didn't come back was a nightmare!  ---  OR if it does reset and the items are back, that you can say, the outcry continued right up until the Reset of MB.  Then, everything calmed down.

Either of those would send a MUCH stronger message than: Every one clamed down and are waiting to see what happens.

I certainly HOPE you can see the difference..............
    I don't appreciate your attempt at putting words in to my mouth, especially since you are very far from the truth.
    But luckily I am in charge of what I put in and I don't need to be reminded of a blaring issue 5 times a day for me to remember to put it in my feedback form on Sunday when the issue still exists. As long as this change has not been reverted we will continue to push for it. Now I am not saying it shouldn't have been brought the light the way it did, all I am saying is that I don't think there is much more to add to this.

So, just to be clear on this point:  IF we said NOTHING about this for the rest of the week, your feedback would be exactly the same as if we yelled and screamed about it?

Please confirm........
    you're actually insufferable lol

Sussy baka 

• The key question is why did GGS do that. And the answer is of course to get more money.

So there will for sure be several good offers to get those big amounts of tools which are now missing for you. For money or rubies, so that you have to pay more money to get the same outcome as before.

Everyone must decide oneself if you want to get milked for more and more money by GGS without getting anything new.

If you now buy more tools for rubies and Euros/Dollar... than  before you prove GGS doing it right. Because thats for sure the only thing interesting for them and they will for sure monitore it. I cant speak about the english forum, but in the german they proved for years that they dont care at all about any sort of complaints. Just about people spending less money.

Because the biggest amount of complainers are usually so dependent on the game that they will NOT stop playing or paying but wait a little how it goes one and after a few weeks get used to the worse situation. This has happened dozens of times in the past...

• Ok firstly I do not think this is inevitable GGE wants us to play and that is all of us

So lets look at what they remove and which players it effects:
    Time 30 minute skips, 60 minute skips, 5h skips and 24 hour skips 
    Horsetail Banners and Kings Banner
    Royal Khan Chest, Chest of the Shogun and Dignity of Berimond

The questions are:- 
    Which type of player does it effect the most the non ruby buyer, the occasional ruby buyer or the ruby buyer?
    Do you even think a ruby buyer opens the blacksmith shop?
    Do you all think the ruby buyers are making any kind of noise about the loss of these?

This change for me will stop me playing as there will be no way to keep up in the events at all unless I use hard cash to purchase some or all of above. I have just been thinking about what I spend and on average it is £5.00 each month and I have been playing for 6 years so £360. Plus I had an alliance subscription for a couple of years and there is outers as well so that is an under estimation.

So what about other online gaming that don't claim to be free to play and yes you have the cost of purchasing games as well here, but the variety is massive.
    6 years of Nintendo Switch £107.94
    6 years of Xbox live gold is £239.94
    6 years of PS plus is £299.94

In fact looking at what I have spent this is now annoying me. I can get a better gaming experience elsewhere with more variety and less hassle with no changing the goal posts to extract more cash out of me.

Moderators please note that this is a comparison and not a recommendation they are just my own thoughts so please do not remove this post.
    Regards
    TP

Moderators please note that this is a comparison and not a recommendation they are just my own thoughts so please do not remove this post.
    Regards
    TP
    Don't worry you're good.
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,257
    Maybe by doing this might be counter productive , because i use a lot of these blacksmith tools.
    And if ruby whales do not have competition from non ruby buyers , they will not have to spend much to win ,

food for thought
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Well, then for our sake I hope you're wrong and that it ends up getting reversed.
    No the 25 and 5 hr skips have gone as well. lol....what to do with all of these silver tokens. Can I trade them in for a cuddly toy?

Andrew Wallace @ en 1
    No the 25 and 5 hr skips have gone as well. lol....what to do with all of these silver tokens. Can I trade them in for a cuddly toy?

Oh, my bad, I thought they didn't get removed.
  • dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 872
    edited 26.05.2021
    They have - at least on gb1 server !

Oops hadn't read all the comments first - as to the email have seen similar with the bakery upgrade  - they might reinstate tails etc. but to buy at 160 at a time takes ages (so you get season points)

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Vamo (FR1)Vamo (FR1) FR1 Posts: 529
    They have - at least on gb1 server !

also on the FR server no more time skip at all

yes the top will be easy when all the jsr and small jars are gone, the ruby ​​whales will no longer need to buy a lot without competition

Vamo @ fr 1
  • lol i'm suggesting to my players to top up on khan chests and sam chests "just in case" !

Luckily I don't wait til events to buy from the smith so had 300k horsetails - and have thousands of 5 min and 1 min skips - just wondering if i can get the name of the person responsible as will be looking like a RSi injury !  :D 
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • This is unacceptable, however I will monitor it for a few days, but if I can only compete in Nomads by spending more than I do already, and no longer at all in Berri as seems likely, my account will go into pro for 2 months, if this is not reversed, thats the end of my time, if anyone has any suggestions for alternative games please let me know. I have really reached the stage where I am not going to complain because its a pointless exercise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file