Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 184
    What we can do is try and be a bit more positive and have a bit of hope (I know its hard). Like ive said prior, we are trying our best here and that's all we can do and the less negativity we can exert whilst doing this the better. I quite annoyed by this change and I know the frustrations but let us just wait and see what happens.. then maybe we can make a bit more noise depending on the outcome.

Enough feedback has been given and I think the mood of the community will be seen so lets try and stay calmer for a bit
    ----------------------------------------
    Sorry to disagree with you, but if we did what you suggest then I for one would see that as sending the wrong message to the developers/owners of the game. You cannot give a positive feeling to a negative suggestion, it sends totaly the wrong message, and impression to those that imposed the negative, which would suit them as we well know. What is going on here is a player base voicing concerns, and disilusion about a game they play, enjoy, and want to continue doing so, in the best way. The owners are trying to bring in changes that players know will alter their enjoyment, and playing of the game, and want to voice that opinion until the changes are removed.
    I also doubt if players think enough feedback has been given, as there are still many players that don't regulary access the forum, and it will take a while for the word of mouth and real time access to the tent to filter through. You may still get other feedback from other servers, probably much of this is already circulating on non official forums, so the only way of stoping such feedback or comments would be the re-introduction, or not, of the changes that they have made.
    I would rather 100 people give me negative feedback once than 1 person give the negative feedback 100 times.

The message is clear, its a bad change.. we get it. Now we wait and see what happens.. this discussion is just becoming really long winded..
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,361
    Very cynical view but from what I understand correct me if I'm wrong but you do this for free so just a way for GGS to save more money and avoid direct confrontation and a way to just sweep all "feedback" under the carpet since they never appear to respond to it.
    We do indeed do this for free, we signed up because we wanted to help improve the game and help the players improve at the game. At least the second point weighed in quite a lot for me when I decided to join. You can see my attempt at doing this if you search for the knowledge thread.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

BM_Daisho said:
    Enough feedback has been given and I think the mood of the community will be seen so lets try and stay calmer for a bit.
    Disagree strongly.   If we all calm down, then they will see "That wasn't so bad! -  Let's roll it out!"

Sorry that you have to hear it all, but that IS the role you singed up for.  Just remember, we are NOT holding you personally responsible for this.  ALL of our feedback is directed to GGS/Stillfront.  You just are the unfortunate person stuck in the middle................
    We as mods are the only people who read the feedback here, we are more than well aware of the complaints and we share the same complaints. If someone complains about this change once or 10 times, it won't make a difference at this point.
    The way the players think about this change is clear, it's a bad change for the players that in my opinion shouldn't have made it to the game to begin with.

We know about the issues, and I understand you want to tell at those who are responsible, but the truth is that it's getting directed at the mods, that's fine, that's why we are here. But we aren't in this position to speak to the devs in anger, that's not good. I believe the anger I have seen over the past few days is justified, but I agree with diasho that it would be good for all of us if it calmed down a little.

I don't think anything new can be added to this discussion that hasn't been said yet that will change something.
    Which doesn't mean nothing can change, it just means I beleive all the points have already been mentioned.
    As the quote says:  Well behaved women seldom make history. 

While this was meant to say that Well behaved people SHOULD make history, the reality is that the "well behaved" don't.  IF we all were to sit down and be quiet for the rest of the week......your report would reflect that, right?

What do you think WE want that report to say next week?  Something like:  The community is still roaring loudly with this issue.  That the MB reset and they didn't come back was a nightmare!  ---  OR if it does reset and the items are back, that you can say, the outcry continued right up until the Reset of MB.  Then, everything calmed down.

Either of those would send a MUCH stronger message than: Every one clamed down and are waiting to see what happens.

I certainly HOPE you can see the difference..............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

edited 25.05.2021

BM_Daisho said:
    Enough feedback has been given and I think the mood of the community will be seen so lets try and stay calmer for a bit.
    Disagree strongly.   If we all calm down, then they will see "That wasn't so bad! -  Let's roll it out!"

Sorry that you have to hear it all, but that IS the role you singed up for.  Just remember, we are NOT holding you personally responsible for this.  ALL of our feedback is directed to GGS/Stillfront.  You just are the unfortunate person stuck in the middle................
    We as mods are the only people who read the feedback here, we are more than well aware of the complaints and we share the same complaints. If someone complains about this change once or 10 times, it won't make a difference at this point.
    The way the players think about this change is clear, it's a bad change for the players that in my opinion shouldn't have made it to the game to begin with.

We know about the issues, and I understand you want to tell at those who are responsible, but the truth is that it's getting directed at the mods, that's fine, that's why we are here. But we aren't in this position to speak to the devs in anger, that's not good. I believe the anger I have seen over the past few days is justified, but I agree with diasho that it would be good for all of us if it calmed down a little.

I don't think anything new can be added to this discussion that hasn't been said yet that will change something.
    Which doesn't mean nothing can change, it just means I beleive all the points have already been mentioned.

While this was meant to say that Well behaved people SHOULD make history, the reality is that the "well behaved" don't.  IF we all were to sit down and be quiet for the rest of the week......your report would reflect that, right?

What do you think WE want that report to say next week?  Something like:  The community is still roaring loudly with this issue.  That the MB reset and they didn't come back was a nightmare!  ---  OR if it does reset and the items are back, that you can say, the outcry continued right up until the Reset of MB.  Then, everything calmed down.

Either of those would send a MUCH stronger message than: Every one clamed down and are waiting to see what happens.

I don't appreciate your attempt at putting words in to my mouth, especially since you are very far from the truth.
    But luckily I am in charge of what I put in and I don't need to be reminded of a blaring issue 5 times a day for me to remember to put it in my feedback form on Sunday when the issue still exists. As long as this change has not been reverted we will continue to push for it. Now I am not saying it shouldn't have been brought to light the way it did, all I am saying is that I don't think there is much more to add to this.

BM_Daisho said:

I don't appreciate your attempt at putting words in to my mouth, especially since you are very far from the truth.
    But luckily I am in charge of what I put in and I don't need to be reminded of a blaring issue 5 times a day for me to remember to put it in my feedback form on Sunday when the issue still exists. As long as this change has not been reverted we will continue to push for it. Now I am not saying it shouldn't have been brought the light the way it did, all I am saying is that I don't think there is much more to add to this.

So, just to be clear on this point:  IF we said NOTHING about this for the rest of the week, your feedback would be exactly the same as if we yelled and screamed about it?

Please confirm........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

BM_Daisho said:

But luckily I am in charge of what I put in and I don't need to be reminded of a blaring issue 5 times a day for me to remember to put it in my feedback form on Sunday when the issue still exists. As long as this change has not been reverted we will continue to push for it. Now I am not saying it shouldn't have been brought the light the way it did, all I am saying is that I don't think there is much more to add to this.

So, just to be clear on this point:  IF we said NOTHING about this for the rest of the week, your feedback would be exactly the same as if we yelled and screamed about it?

Please confirm........
    Please refer to my previous message to get your answer. Going in circles makes my dizzy.
  • RootsPlague (DE1)RootsPlague (DE1) DE1 Posts: 124
    Very cynical view but from what I understand correct me if I'm wrong but you do this for free so just a way for GGS to save more money and avoid direct confrontation and a way to just sweep all "feedback" under the carpet since they never appear to respond to it.
    We do indeed do this for free, we signed up because we wanted to help improve the game and help the players improve at the game. At least the second point weighed in quite a lot for me when I decided to join. You can see my attempt at doing this if you search for the knowledge thread.

Unfortunatley you are bound to community guidelines and have to censor calls for boykott.
    Although this indeed is the most effecitve way to improve the game for all of us.
    Dilemma :D

RootsPlague @ de 1

Please confirm........
    Please refer to my previous message to get your answer. Going in circles makes my dizzy.
    Ah, the classic: No answer.

Here is your positive feedback:  Dizzy can be fun..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Please confirm........

Well since you're having a hard time, I will decipher my message for you. "As long as this change has not been reverted we will continue to push for it" So yes, if nothing would've been said about it for the rest of the week I still would've reported it. But that's besides the point, as the point Daisho made was that it wouldn't hurt if it calmed down "now", not last week, but now. So I don't really see the point in asking me what I would've done if the complaints stopped a few days ago but I am happy to answer it anyways.

Please confirm........

Well since you're having a hard time, I will decipher my message for you. "As long as this change has not been reverted we will continue to push for it" So yes, if nothing would've been said about it for the rest of the week I still would've reported it. But that's besides the point, as the point Daisho made was that it wouldn't hurt if it calmed down "now", not last week, but now. So I don't really see the point in asking me what I would've done if the complaints stopped a few days ago but I am happy to answer it anyways.
    Who's having a hard time again?

I WAS referring to NOW.  If we are quiet for the REST OF THE WEEK would your feedback be the same on NEXT week's report?  On the prior post I gave the example about the MB resetting WITH and WITHOUT the items returning.  That is a future happening.

So, this coming Sunday, May 30th - would your feed back be the same if we sit here quietly from the 24th - the 30th as compared to if we keep yelling and screaming?

Positive comment: 3 day weekend coming up for many of us............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Please confirm........

I WAS referring to NOW.  If we are quiet for the REST OF THE WEEK would your feedback be the same on NEXT week's report?  On the prior post I gave the example about the MB resetting WITH and WITHOUT the items returning.  That is a future happening.

So, this coming Sunday, May 30th - would your feed back be the same if we sit here quietly from the 24th - the 30th as compared to if we keep yelling and screaming?

Just had my 3 day weekend, can't complain.

As for the answer to your questions, I might have misread it, my bad, but my answer still stands. As long as this change has not been reverted I will continue to put it in my feedback report. Speaks for itself right?

Please confirm........

Just had my 3 day weekend, can't complain.

As for the answer to your questions, I might have misread it, my bad, but my answer still stands. As long as this change has not been reverted I will continue to put it in my feedback report. Speaks for itself right?
    Much clearer and plainer than before, yes.  :)  Thank you........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• YEOMANS (GB1)YEOMANS (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    This change is so wrong and and is just to gain more income from the smaller players and has no effect on the Ruby Whales who clearly have more money than sense. I do spend small sums on this game when my ruby supply drops too low for comfort and don't begrudge GG for this as they arn't a charity. BUT this is a step too far - re-instate as I will leave, I quite like the idea of a change anyway.
  • Well after 6 long years I think my time may be coming to an end and I can get rid of this irritating game. The only thing worth playing for nowadays is chatting to the other players and I can do that on other platforms.

The installation of the blacksmith was to replace the rewards we won from the events and instead we got to choose what we bought it was for once a great move on GGE part....  the point of it was to level up the playing field for players who spent very little cash or nothing so we could at least have a chance to take part in the events with a chance of doing well.

Fed up and royally miffed off, sort this stupid idea... otherwise players will leave and you will just have left the multi ruby whalers and then they will leave as they will have no players but themselves to play with.
    Regards TP

P.S GGE maintains always that it a free to play game and want the game to be a level playing field hummm pffffft
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 256
    Decided to go and look at Stillfront's latest finances to see if there was anything interesting concerning Empire

There wasn't but their 1Q 2021 finance statement was up:

https://www.stillfront.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/04/stillfront-stillfront-groups-interim-report-january-march-2021-210505.pdf

Net revenues amounted to 1,319 MSEK (£112M) in Q1, an increase by 91% compared to the same period last year. Adjusted EBIT grew by 103% compared to last year and amounted to 432 MSEK (£37M), resulting in an adjusted EBIT margin of 33% in the quarter, compared to 31% last year. 

"the share of advertising revenues now represent 15% of total bookings (up from 8% in Q4’20)"

"Stillfront’s purpose is to make a positive impact in our gamers’ everyday life, through creating a social, entertaining and positive gaming experience"

I had to laugh at that last one ;-)

Pinged an email off to Sofia Wretman (Head of IR and Communications) at Stillfront about the current situation

Lets see if I get a response...
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • lol....I will make no decisions regarding my game future until the next Blacksmith cycle.  On that basis I am playing what could be my last BC/FI and guess what.  The event is riddled with spy reports not sticking.  My word not even enough is spent in this P2P game format to resolve glitch issues and keep the format running smoothly.  Little wonder their EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Tax) is up when they are rinsing as much as they can while spending I would say little to nothing on the game.  Little wonder why so many see little future in this game where the providers seem so cynically to consider it a short to medium term cash cow
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • Aegon Targaryen (INT2)Aegon Targaryen (INT2) INT2 Posts: 186
    edited 25.05.2021
    Nice to see players deciding to quit and leave what becacme a toxic game and evniroment here. As i said plenty other games, I personally have my PS4 and plenty games there to enjoy with fairness and not pay to win format. Good luck rest of the players of GG, the last one that stays please turn off the light before leaving. :)
  • dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 830
    edited 25.05.2021
    Nice to see players deciding to quit and leave what becacme a toxic game and evniroment here. As i said plenty other games, I personally have my PS4 and plenty games there to enjoy with fairness and not pay to win format. Good luck rest of the players of GG, the last one that stays please turn off the light before leaving. :)

Lol nah leave the lights on - several business' locally run by multi nationals have closed and the staff "sacked" and i laugh every time i see the empty buildings ablaze with lights - i wonder if the utility companies will sue for no payment of bills ?

Post edited by dandelion1958 (GB1) on
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • One of the our members sent an email to GGE and got the following reply back.

Thanks for getting in touch regarding our recent silver token shop changes. Our internal balancing teams have looked into the current price of a number of silver token items, and deemed that a number of products in this store were having a negative effect on the overall stability of the competitive metagame. As such, several items have been adjusted or removed, in order to offer a more dynamic store experience to all players. These changes also allow us to be more flexible with offering rewards in the future, as the overall parity of items available in this store is now more evenly distributed, resulting in players choosing a greater variety of rewards using their tokens.  While we know that these changes may be jarring to players who commonly use the silver token store, please understand that our research demonstrates that these adjustments will be beneficial for the long term health of the game. 

I dare not comment for fear of being banned but something that falls out of a cattle's bottom comes to mind.
    Regards TP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file