Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Leveling the Balance of the high Ruby ruby vs Lesser Ruby player in the game

1) An attacker should lose honor if he loses.  At least as much as he would gain if he won.
2) Stop reducing honor when gates are opened.
3) When there is a rank or level difference that is significant then do not let them take food.
4) If they lose increase the losers flank by 15% for retaliation attacks.

HeroAzure @ usa 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Art by Sam Hurt, Title Cactus Cat

Comments

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,088
    1) An attacker should lose honor if he loses.  At least as much as he would gain if he won.
    3) When there is a rank or level difference that is significant then do not let them take food.

9 times out of 10 you're losing a hit if you both lose honor & the attack what would be the point in hitting then? 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,807

point 3 there is already such a thing , if you are too low level you can't attack a big boy 
    flug @ nl 1
  • HeroAzure (US1)HeroAzure (US1) US1 Posts: 231
    I also think it would be profitable for GGE to sell mead defenders.  That ought to level things up a bit too.
    HeroAzure @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332

#1 - Agree.  I believe this was the case in the early stages of the game.  Could be wrong as it was already not the case when I joined.  Just heard it was originally.  
    #2 - Disagree.  Open gates = loss.  Same results should apply.  That no troops are lost and no fires lit, is a great benefit already.  
    #3 - Disagree.  Most common reasons for hits, outside of wars, are Glory Hits and Farming.  Annoying for the looser?  Yes.  But, part of the base game mechanic. 
    #4 - Disagree.  You want to send a Retal?  Send what you got with what you got.  You want 15% more?  Go get it.

I also think it would be profitable for GGE to sell mead defenders.  That ought to level things up a bit too.
    Profitable?  Sure.  But, do they sell Mead Attackers?  If they do, then I support this idea.  If they do not, then I oppose.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,221
    I wouldn't be a fan of a system that takes away honor if you lose your attack. These days it can take anywhere from 5-15 hits to clear someone. If you lose honor for 14 of those there's no point in attacking someone anymore.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    I wouldn't be a fan of a system that takes away honor if you lose your attack. These days it can take anywhere from 5-15 hits to clear someone. If you lose honor for 14 of those there's no point in attacking someone anymore.

But an argument can be made that if you gain honor by winning an attack, you should lose honor for losing an attack.  Regardless of the amount of times you have to hit someone to "clear" them.  You know going into it that you are risking your honor.  

I ask you, why are you hitting someone 15 times?  If you are in a war with them, then you should be willing to give up your honor level in support of the War Effort.  If you are Honor Hunting, that should be the risk you take.  

It is my understanding, that the other part of the mechanic they changed was that the Successful Defender used to gain the Honor that the losing attacker lost.  This was seen to be too easily manipulated.  A few accounts could be used to "feed" another one by building up their Honor Level and then sending 32 soldiers to purposely lose, transferring the Honor.  

So, you really cannot have it one way without the other.  Otherwise, Honor on the map would eventually dry up.

At the end of the day, Honor is another game currency.  A limited amount of it exists and is swapped from one account to another.  So, if it is lost by one account, it has to be gained by another.  THIS is why what was changed cannot be changed back.

Even if a good argument can be made that the current way seems "unfair"...........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• HeroAzure (US1)HeroAzure (US1) US1 Posts: 231
    So, now you are getting the picture.  You do not like losing honor for attacking and defenders don't like losing it for losing a battle.  Maybe honor should be doled out based on something else.
    HeroAzure @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file