Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Spy failure percentage

For a while already, I've suspected that the indicated spy failure rates are lower than the real percentages. I do have some data to back this up, but today the game presented me with visual "proof":

(when sending the spies to the Khan camp)
 (afterwards, in the spy report)

In fact, my first attempt failed, which also showed 18% in the fail report, but I deleted it before I remembered to make a screen shot...

So, @BM_Daisho@Poseidon X Angel, any idea which value we should believe?

Wiglema (NL1)

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,316
    Looks like a visual error but I wouldn't go as far as to say that this 2% change indicates that the actual failure rate is noticeably different. Even if it was 18% and not 16%, you wouldn't really notice this.
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 721
    Indeed you wouldn't notice this on a few attempts. Currently I'm at 420 failures out of 2170 attempts at 16%, which gets me 19.35% actual failures, but 2k attempts is still not a very large number, so I still wouldn't see that as very convincing.

Anyway, the thing that I'm more worried about is not the actual failure rate, but the general trustworthiness of any numbers shown by GGE. I can tell you that my trust in correct calculations in GGE has never been very high, and calling any mathematical error just a visual error is not improving that trust at all. (Poseidon, I know that you are not GGE, so no hard feelings :smiley:, but I'm pretty sure GGE support would also call it a visual glitch. They would never admit it to be an error.)
    Wiglema (NL1)
    I don't know if it's mechanical or just visual, it just looks like a visual bug to me :shrug: 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    I don't know if it's mechanical or just visual, it just looks like a visual bug to me :shrug: 
    So, one screen showing a different number than another is no big deal?

Tell that to the person who just bought something expecting a 16% tax rate, who then gets charged the 18% rate, only to be told, OH THAT!   It is just a visual bug............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Luckily we are talking about the expected failure rate for a spy in a medieval empire game and not our taxes.
    Luckily we are talking about the expected failure rate for a spy in a medieval empire game and not our taxes.
    That could be said for EVERY bug in the game.  

Oh yeah, they basically HAVE said that haven't they?

While I DO believe that this game is nothing but a bunch of pixels, it would be nice if those pixels worked correctly.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 721
    I'm giving up bug reporting for this game. There were times that I thought it might be useful to the developers or perhaps even be appreciated, but most of the time it is denied that they exist ("we can't reproduce it, must be user error") or shoulders are shrugged as in "who cares, it's just a game".
    Wiglema (NL1)
    I've forwarded the issue.
    But currently we are trying to get the issues surrounding the brewery get resolved asap.
  • forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 357
    I'm giving up bug reporting for this game. There were times that I thought it might be useful to the developers or perhaps even be appreciated, but most of the time it is denied that they exist ("we can't reproduce it, must be user error") or shoulders are shrugged as in "who cares, it's just a game".
    Please dont give up. Tommy relies on these reports so he can correct errors. He isnt all knowing....and welcomes suggestions and helpful reports!
    However, he is also a young man working on finishing school and will soon be going to college. He can't spend 24 hours a day in his mothers basement on his computer fixing the game bugs!
    Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    110% agree
    Stevemass @ en 1
    Please dont give up. Tommy relies on these reports so he can correct errors. He isnt all knowing....and welcomes suggestions and helpful reports!
    However, he is also a young man working on finishing school and will soon be going to college. He can't spend 24 hours a day in his mothers basement on his computer fixing the game bugs!
    Funnily enough, if this actually WAS true, it would probably be a more responsive system.........

(Negativity Alert!!!!)  LOL.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• all i know is that i spy at 96% it is just as accurate as spying at 100% and u get caught less... u may get a shadowy silhouette of a defender or a wall tool on a flank but u can usually use context clues to figure out what it is ..... 96% for the win!!! lets go!!

BOOM!
    Autofill will fail you if you do that, so I will stick with 100% spies for events.
  • WHAT IS AUTOFILL???

Autofill will fail you if you do that, so I will stick with 100% spies for events.
    Autofill for events?  Are you serious?

WHAT IS AUTOFILL???

These buttons:

Of course, if you were being sarcastic for effect, sorry about that..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Yes, Autofill for events.
    Preset 1 on all my waves, clear wave 1, autofill, send. I buy nomad booster shields to hit nomads with and they get autoselected so I don't see why I would change what I am doing.
    edited 16.05.2021
    Yes, Autofill for events.
    Preset 1 on all my waves, clear wave 1, autofill, send. I buy nomad booster shields to hit nomads with and they get autoselected so I don't see why I would change what I am doing.
    Ah, well that is a bit more detail than what you originally stated, isn't it?  You are using a combo of Preset and Autofill.  Makes more sense than just autofill alone.  ;)  

You also would need to adjust the autofill filter settings to prevent any non-event tools from being used unless you have no other types of tools in your inventory.

Oh, and you can play however you want.  Was just surprised that you seem to indicate you used autofill ONLY for your event setups.  As expected, you know better. 

Personally, for Nomad/Sami/Beri I use 2 Presets.  The first Preset for all waves, then clear wave 1 and use the other Preset for Wave 1.  For Glory Events I do almost what you do, but alter based on the espy between front/1 flank or front/both flanks for soldiers.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 16.05.2021
    Actually, autofill will use your best tools and since the event tools I use are the best tools I don't really have to adjust that. And I said that auto fill wouldn't work correctly with spy reports that are less than 100% accurate, which is true. And considering I use auto fill to put in the attacking tools it's quite important.
  • i had no idea ....no joke ....  thx for taking the time to explain
    Actually, autofill will use your best tools and since the event tools I use are the best tools I don't really have to adjust that. And I said that auto fill wouldn't work correctly with spy reports that are less than 100% accurate, which is true. And considering I use auto fill to put in the attacking tools it's quite important.
    Hmmm........... on my World1 Wasso account, it often places non-event tools when I have the event tools available.  Multiple times just using auto fill I would have to remove the Breaching Tower and insert the Tree Trunk Ladder.  Even thought the Tree Trunk Ladder is -25 and the Breaching Tower is -20.  

I only noticed this because I don't use the Presets on my World1 account for wave1 and use the autofill as you described it.  I found that way has this issue.  At least at level 41........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file