Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

1000% Ruby Purchase bonus

Has anyone else ever gotten the 1000% Ruby Prime Time Ruby Bonus? If yes, how many times?

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,456
    You get these if you've been away from the game for a really long time.
  • Ice Elsa (US1)Ice Elsa (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    So I have to let my castle idle for another 2 years to get it again?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Basically yes.

I know it is the most backwardz system out there, but that is GGS for ya.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

It's really not a backward system, it's a fairly decent system that's being used by almost everyone. Be vacant for a while? get lured back in with a discount or a bonus. That's just how things work, this discount can come in many forms.
    It's really not a backward system, it's a fairly decent system that's being used by almost everyone. Be vacant for a while? get lured back in with a discount or a bonus. That's just how things work, this discount can come in many forms.
    *SIGH* Yes, of course.  Everything is perfect and makes perfect sense.  How foolish of me.

The lure of a discount or bonus to entice a consumer back to a product is indeed a valid course that has been employed for hundreds of years.  What is also very common is a loyalty bonus.  One that stacks.  Some Car Insurance companies give discounts on top of discounts every year you are claim free.  Some Airlines have frequent flyer programs that give free airline tickets for reaching certain milestones.  Even the local coffee places have a buy 10 get one free offer.  What do these have in common?  That is right!  A bonus for PARTICIPATION, not just for leaving.

That this game gives the better bonus to entice people BACK, says much about where the players are at.

Or not at.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

*SIGH* Yes, of course.  Everything is perfect and makes perfect sense.  How foolish of me.

The lure of a discount or bonus to entice a consumer back to a product is indeed a valid course that has been employed for hundreds of years.  What is also very common is a loyalty bonus.  One that stacks.  Some Car Insurance companies give discounts on top of discounts every year you are claim free.  Some Airlines have frequent flyer programs that give free airline tickets for reaching certain milestones.  Even the local coffee places have a buy 10 get one free offer.  What do these have in common?  That is right!  A bonus for PARTICIPATION, not just for leaving.

That this game gives the better bonus to entice people BACK, says much about where the players are at.

Or not at.........
    Do you know what actually says where the players are at? The stillfront report, give it a read, the player count has only gone down by 2% in a year. Spending players are up by a ton and the amount they are spending is also up. I wouldn't be too worried about the 1000% primes that are being used every once in a blue moon.

Or not at.........
    Do you know what actually says where the players are at? The stillfront report, give it a read, the player count has only gone down by 2% in a year. Spending players are up by a ton and the amount they are spending is also up. I wouldn't be too worried about the 1000% primes that are being used every once in a blue moon.
    Uh........ wha?  You think I am AGAINST the occasional 1000% primes?  WOW, did you miss the point.  I think they are rewarding the wrong demographic.  

We have gone round and round the "player count" various times.  We all know that the number of "players" are artificially inflated by the addition of the New Servers and all the Shell Accounts.  NO, I cannot give you proof and hard numbers of them.  Are these points anecdotal?  Yes.  

As for the Spenders and the Spending amount, OF COURSE they have increased in 2020!  ALL video game companies had a record year in 2020!  Have you heard about the Global Pandemic that has created a boon for these companies?  Check out the numbers for Nintendo.

That those who ARE still playing are more likely to spend more now is an obvious combination of boredom and that the GAME REQUIRES IT for those at the top levels.  You and I both know players who have spent more in the last 12 months than the 12 before it.  We also likely know players who have spent LESS.

So, with all that profit, (yes that EBIT with a 36% margin, was it?) why dont they give the better bonus to those who STAY......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 11.05.2021
    For starters, nowhere in my previous message did I say anything that could mean I think you want to get rid of the 1000% primes. I said that I wouldn't worry about them throwing the game off balance in their current state.

You should probably take a closer look at the report. During Q2 of 2020 when the pandemic really put us all at home the game gained a lot of players briefly, spending also went up, then in the next 2 quarters, the player numbers dropped to that of before the pandemic. The number of spenders didn't drop as hard as the player count did and then in the next quarter, the number of spenders went back to an all-time high this season while the player count remained stable.

This means the inflated player count is gone but the amount of people spending money on the game has still increased. From 100.0 to 117.0. Smack in the middle of the pandemic Q2 2020 it was 116.0

And the 36% you're talking about is for the entire still front studio with all their games, you can't really use that number when talking about gge. It just doesn't mean much for this game.

For starters, nowhere in my previous message did I say anything that could mean I think you want to get rid of the 1000% primes. I said that I wouldn't worry about them throwing the game off balance in their current state.

You should probably take a closer look at the report. During Q2 of 2020 when the pandemic really put us all at home the game gained a lot of players briefly, spending also went up, then in the next 2 quarters, the player numbers dropped to that of before the pandemic. The number of spenders didn't drop as hard as the player count did and then in the next quarter, the number of spenders went back to an all-time high this season while the player count remained stable.

This means the inflated player count is gone but the amount of people spending money on the game has still increased. From 100.0 to 117.0. Smack in the middle of the pandemic Q2 2020 it was 116.0

And the 36% you're talking about is for the entire still front studio with all their games, you can't really use that number when talking about gge. It just doesn't mean much for this game.

As yes, the fun of interpreting the Public Reports.  So, you believe that the player count is currently accurate do you?  (I predict you will say YES)  No surprise.  As it will be no surprise that I do not.  The system that I Manage has hundreds of users that I KNOW have not logged in for at least a year.  Yet, they still COULD and we keep their account active as a result.  Same for GGE.  There are (likely) hundreds of players that have not logged it for over a year, but COULD.  As they have spent, their account gets kept on file as an active account.  I know that my Mycrotia account was lost due to my leaving the game for over a year, and having never spent.  THAT account would have been removed from their list.  But, all the accounts that have SPENT money are kept in place, just in case.  THOSE numbers have not fallen away.  Many of these have also been kept alive by those who manage the 'retirement' accounts.  Even the player who started this topic indicated that they were away for 2 years.  Wanna bet if that account was counted in the number of players for those 2 years?

We all know it was..............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 11.05.2021
    I believe we were discussing the growth in the number of people who spend money on the game. I also mentioned the DAU had gone down by about 2%. It went up during the pandemic but back down again when everything started to get going again. That's to be expected with a global pandemic so not really worth our attention.

However, if you lay both charts next to each other you will clearly see that the number of people who spend money on the game didn't drop as drastically as the player count did after the first lockdown, and another 4 months later the number of people who spend money on the game went up again. 

You might say the player count number isn't 100% accurate, I share that thought, but it won't very far from the truth either as it's all about the Daily Active Users. People don't maintain their alts daily.

Here you have it. As you can see the player count went to the moon during Q2 of 220 as well as the MPU (monthly paying users), the next quarter the player count took a dip and so did the MPU. In the next 2 quarters, the player count rose back up to the number it was before the pandemic (-2%) but the MPU went up by 17% compared that what it was before the pandemic.

Call alts and multis all you want, but they do not apply here. 

As for the Spenders and the Spending amount, OF COURSE they have increased in 2020!  ALL video game companies had a record year in 2020!  Have you heard about the Global Pandemic that has created a boon for these companies?  Check out the numbers for Nintendo.
    So I would say these numbers do a pretty good job and telling you otherwise. 

Post edited by Poseidon X Angel on
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,524
    edited 11.05.2021
    @Poseidon X Angel  nice cropping there.

as @flug (NL1) rightly posted you are also clumping the numbers together.  See below:

So, your chart is a combined report of 12 games.  Additionally, I find the final comment in the comments section very telling.  It says:

"Nida Harb III, first released in 2017 (italics and bold added by me), has entered a mature phase and declined year-over-year"

I ask you, if a game released in 2017 is called out as having reached a "mature phase", what do you call one that was first released in 2011?  

Additionally, from the Comments section:

"YoY growth of 10% mainly driven by mid-sized products and Conflict of Nations.
               Call of War, Supremacy 1914 and War and Peace continued its strong performance into Q1
    Conflict of Nations: WW3 continued to deliver exceptionally well, growing by more that 200% for its second consecutive quarter"

Did you notice how many times they DIDN'T mention GGE?  From this report, it looks like the other games are propping up GGE.  

You're right, they do.  Thank you for helping us all see just how  well(?) GGE is doing within the Stillfront Portfolio.............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

You did the exact same thing when you showed the 36% EBIT.
  • BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 192
    edited 12.05.2021

as @flug (NL1) rightly posted you are also clumping the numbers together.  See below:

So, your chart is a combined report of 12 games.  Additionally, I find the final comment in the comments section very telling.  It says:

"Nida Harb III, first released in 2017 (italics and bold added by me), has entered a mature phase and declined year-over-year"

I ask you, if a game released in 2017 is called out as having reached a "mature phase", what do you call one that was first released in 2011?  

Call of War, Supremacy 1914 and War and Peace continued its strong performance into Q1
    Conflict of Nations: WW3 continued to deliver exceptionally well, growing by more that 200% for its second consecutive quarter"

Did you notice how many times they DIDN'T mention GGE?  From this report, it looks like the other games are propping up GGE.  

You're right, they do.  Thank you for helping us all see just how  well(?) GGE is doing within the Stillfront Portfolio.............
    Why does this matter to you exactly? Of course you and I would still probably play regardless to what the player count / spending players did (for the most part) but why are you arguing this point? Does it really matter?... seems to be you are just trying to bring up arguments and complaints on every post on this forum- something that does not help the overall mood of the forum.
    BM_Daisho said:

Why does this matter to you exactly? Of course you and I would still probably play regardless to what the player count / spending players did (for the most part) but why are you arguing this point? Does it really matter?... seems to be you are just trying to bring up arguments and complaints on every post on this forum- something that does not help the overall mood of the forum.
    You should ask your partner and mentor that question.

My original reply to this thread was:

Basically yes.

I know it is the most backwardz system out there, but that is GGS for ya.........
    That was it.  This could have ended with that comment to the OP.

But, instead a certain other individual decided to challenge the backwardz nature of the reward system.    This back and forth went from there.

As for "does it matter", yeah it does.  Because when someone with presumed authority seems to make it a point to say how everything is FINE, when it clearly ISN'T, those statements need to be challenged.

As for my "arguments and complaints on every post on this forum" you should read ALL of my posts.  I also answer questions that people ask and give my opinion that SUPPORTS the Game's base mechanics.  See the post about the "Auto Pro-Mode during war" suggestion.  You will find that I supported not only the game's original design, but also the right for people to SPEND MONEY to continue PvP / wars.

Once again, welcome to the BM role.  and buckle up...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 192
    edited 13.05.2021
    Enticing players back into the game with a 1000% prime is a good strategy.. end of discussion. Why GGS don't reward long term players? Well they do (just arguably not enough), one example being the PO item they have given out dependant on time. GGS do not usually give out much free stuff and personally I am quite happy with the PO rewards being given out. If you think this is not adequate then please forward your complaints to support. 

Now regarding your complaints, looking back through your comments I see about 9/10 comments (if not more  :#) are negative. Yes you answer player's questions.. but add a negative comment to the end of most of them. The forum could be a bit more of a positive place if  (ideally) negativity could be kept to a minimum: there is enough negativity on Discord as it is  :)
    BM_Daisho said:
    Enticing players back into the game with a 1000% prime is a good strategy.. end of discussion. 
    Unilateral comments such as this, often lead to the negative comments..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• i got 1000%

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file