Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Automatic Pro Mode during war

It's just totally ridiculous.  An enemy player in a war is totally destroyed, all his castles in all realms have 100% fires but still sends out attacks as if nothing has changed.

For a war game GGE can be a bit of a stupid game as there is NOTHING in place to say that anyone has been convincingly beaten. Anyone is free to be a bloody nuisance just because GGE is accepting money wherever and whenever they can.

If any player is so convincingly beaten, the game should impose an automatic closure of that players attacking ability until such times that that player has made efforts to put out fires.  I'd suggest they be given a free automatic protection mode period of at least a week to sort themselves out.  Just like a paid promode  they would still be able to compete in Events and put fires out.
Free to play players would also benefit as normally they would not be able to spend that many rubies.

Paid for, protection mode is designed to protect your game when you go away on vacation.  Having an auto promode kick-in would protect destruction of buildings of players that have some valid reason for not being able to defend their personal assets.
dipster @ en 1

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    It's just totally ridiculous.  An enemy player in a war is totally destroyed, all his castles in all realms have 100% fires but still sends out attacks as if nothing has changed.

For a war game GGE can be a bit of a stupid game as there is NOTHING in place to say that anyone has been convincingly beaten. Anyone is free to be a bloody nuisance just because GGE is accepting money wherever and whenever they can.

If any player is so convincingly beaten, the game should impose an automatic closure of that players attacking ability until such times that that player has made efforts to put out fires.  I'd suggest they be given a free automatic protection mode period of at least a week to sort themselves out.  Just like a paid promode  they would still be able to compete in Events and put fires out.
    Free to play players would also benefit as normally they would not be able to spend that many rubies.

Paid for, protection mode is designed to protect your game when you go away on vacation.  Having an auto promode kick-in would protect destruction of buildings of players that have some valid reason for not being able to defend their personal assets.
    This may surprise some, but not others.

I disagree.

As in any war, those with the funds to continue it have every right to.  Yes, I am 100% F2P and I have been in a few wars over the last several years.  Typically, my wars are smaller, for obvious reasons.  But, I don't try to "totally destroy" someone until they are "convincingly beaten".   

As for the F2P "benefiting", how do you figure?  I just had my main and 2 OPs wiped last night by a 70/800 with 11 waves.  Yes, I was a target of a glory hit.  Yes, the fires to put out BY RUBIES would have cost the max of 10,000.  (Did you know that wasn't always the cap? )   Instead, today I put out the fires that took less than 2 or 3 hours with skips, and am now waiting out the 6 - 9 hour fires.  Instead of doing Nomads (as all my attackers in those OPs were also wiped) I spent the day in Storm.  Collected 400,000 Aqua and bought 2 Tide Gardens.  (So much for my not spending any time in the game today, eh @Poseidon X Angel? )  

In a nutshell, I will continue to support that this is a war game first.  As such, PvP is legit and should continue to be allowed for as long as those on either side wish it.  If one side wants it to end, it is up to them to convince the other side to stop.  Sometimes that is though longer war, sometimes through higher spending, sometimes though diplomacy, and sometimes by walking away..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,088

This is coming from a DBH member who allowed CG in and you're complaining you got wiped? lel
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

• dipster (GB1)dipster (GB1) GB1 Posts: 74
    Where did I complain about anything?

Your one of these plonkers that twist what's said to suit your own purposes

I wasn't wiped out - I just have to work for a living and can't be online enough to make a difference
    Seems that.  What you perceive is the reason for the war is not the reason I know.

It's purely a suggestion for the discussion categories -  There's a more proper section for your lame comments
    dipster @ en 1
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,088
    Where did I complain about anything?

Your one of these plonkers that twist what's said to suit your own purposes

I wasn't wiped out - I just have to work for a living and can't be online enough to make a difference
    Seems that.  What you perceive is the reason for the war is not the reason I know.

It's purely a suggestion for the discussion categories -  There's a more proper section for your lame comments
    It's a war game having the element of surprise whilst declaring is the whole reason people prepare do you want the diplomats to message every player saying we are declaring on so and so date/time hitting said player all of us have work / school etc.. if everyone birded what would be the point in PvP or wars. 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

• dipster (GB1)dipster (GB1) GB1 Posts: 74
    The game does eventually puts such a player (that has given up, for good) into Ruins and then goes on to deleting that account, but I feel that the owner gives up on the game as He or She now becomes a Farm and as soon as they manage to put some fires out they are farmed again. There is simply no point in carrying on and they will just go find another game to play with the opinion that 'well that game was pants'!

Just saying that for such an outcome of a War or PvP the game could have something auto saving in place between 100% fires and going into ruins to give a possible up and coming player some hope.

dipster @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    The game does eventually puts such a player (that has given up, for good) into Ruins and then goes on to deleting that account, but I feel that the owner gives up on the game as He or She now becomes a Farm and as soon as they manage to put some fires out they are farmed again. There is simply no point in carrying on and they will just go find another game to play with the opinion that 'well that game was pants'!

Just saying that for such an outcome of a War or PvP the game could have something auto saving in place between 100% fires and going into ruins to give a possible up and coming player some hope.

This IS a hard lesson for many players to learn.  Especially those who put their heart and soul into the little empire that they build.  But, this game was designed this way.  At any moment, everything you worked to build can be wiped out.  The player that takes this hit too personal, just may walk away thinking what you said.  But, if the lesson that this is just a game, CAN be learned, and the player can enjoy both the wins and the losses they encounter, then the game becomes enjoyable once again.  

Your original post was about the player that IS 100% fires, but continues to fight.  This IS a player that has learned the lesson.  They don't worry how pretty the castle is today.  They just play the game........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file