Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

upgrade token exchange for construction tokens ?

13»

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    If principles start holding you back you have to reconsider them.
    If you only follow principles that let you do anything, then you have no principles........ 
    There are still things my principles stop me from doing, but those are mainly things I have no interest in doing anyways.
    So no, I wouldn't say that means I have none, it just means I care less for those that really hold me back.
    Well, lets not dive too deeply into the philosophical world, but "holding you back" from doing something that you believe you should not do, is the role of a principle......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,875
    Things you shouldn't do or things you have decided you shouldn't do because of your principles?
    You don't spend on this game, perfectly fine, but choosing to spend on the game isn't something bad.

Spending on the game has its advantages, if your principles keep you from spending that's fine too, but it's holding you back. If a principle limits my fun I will reconsider it. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 838
    edited 03.05.2021
    Out of principle I'm not spending money in a game that is advertised as free to play.
    Let it be clear that I have nothing against spending money in a game and could easily do so.
    But I know myself: I would very quickly loose interest in this game, as it would become way too easy after even spending a very small amount of money. In other words, spending would drastically limit my fun.
    Being good at the game is now about 1% skill and 99% money, so I rather choose to change my aim than to abandon my principles. The aim for being among the top players is now more or less equal to being among the top spenders. My personal aim is just to have some fun while playing and chatting with fellow players.

Just as an example, take the current version of the outer worlds event. For 5 euro or dollars and 1 minute of time you can log out and still be guaranteed to finish high enough for a nice reward, but without spending it takes at least some hours of grinding to end up somewhere just high enough for the construction token rewards.
    I choose to play for fun. I could pay and log out for a week to get the same (probably even better) rewards, but for me that's no fun.
    Anyway, everyone has their own way of p(l)aying and that's fine. :smile:

BTW, on this thread's topic, I have not seen that exchange offer either, but I tend not to go through all the offers all the time, so I could easily miss it if I don't know what to look for (what symbol does it have in the offers tab?). And perhaps it only shows up if you have enough upgrade tokens for the exchange.
    Wiglema (NL1)
    Things you shouldn't do or things you have decided you shouldn't do because of your principles?
    You don't spend on this game, perfectly fine, but choosing to spend on the game isn't something bad.

Spending on the game has its advantages, if your principles keep you from spending that's fine too, but it's holding you back. If a principle limits my fun I will reconsider it. There's nothing wrong with that.
     I never said it was "bad" for someone to decide to spend on the game.  I said that I do not believe this game is worth spending on.  That is a personal choice I have made.   YOU can make your own personal choice on what you wish to spend your own money on.  That is none of my business.

As for the larger philosophical discussion on principles and what they are and how we view them: let's not dive into that pool in this forum............

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    edited 04.05.2021
    There are still things my principles stop me from doing, but those are mainly things I have no interest in doing anyways.
    So no, I wouldn't say that means I have none, it just means I care less for those that really hold me back.

Surely thats the same as saying no principles!

Yes it is.  But, he clearly doesn't see it..................
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,875

Yes it is.  But, he clearly doesn't see it..................
    I disagree but that's okay, I am not on here to convince anyone. Just here to help wherever possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file