Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Mead production cant be thrusted

I'm so sick of the bugs in this game... And the fact that GGE dont take the bugs seriously..

I lost about 30k mead soldiers last night. I had over 100k i storage and a negative consumption on 400. 
That gave me about 9 days before i ran out. 

I had NO production for new soldiers, and NO soldiers in hospital. I checked the food and mead as usually before i went to bed.
At non today when i logged in. I had lost 30k because of mead shortage..And i had not been attacked.

So some time last night something must have happen to the production. 

This is the 3 time the same thing happens to me. Mead have to many bugs and pitfalls to be trusted. 
Since support dont take me seriously i'm wondering if anyone else have had the same problems.

In my ally a lot of the players just don't "convert" to mead and honey production because of to many pitfalls. 
(Not a small amateur ally but the biggest one on the SKN1 server.

Comments

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 241
    The issue is whilst you have mead turned on in the brewery and you are positively producing it, the moment you hit your max storage the brewery shuts down until you manually start it up again. That's why you lost your troops because the brewery shut down. GGE know about it but haven't fixed the issue so have left it to us the players to make sure you watch your mead production constantly..
  • Scandy (GB1)Scandy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 122
    If dark mind was correct that he (she?) was running a burn of 400/h the brewery would not have reset at all since it wasn't getting full. 

As an aside i don't think GGE thinks the brewery  reset is an "issue" but rather a feature that forces players to constantly log on to manage their mead inventory. 
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 184
    Not having reached that level yet, I would look on that as a negative for it and not a positive to rush into.
    Not having reached that level yet, I would look on that as a negative for it and not a positive to rush into.
    Its clearly a negative as regards mead, but making the switch is more or less inevitable - the number of troops you can hold when you get a lvl 14 brewery is staggering. With 100k food production you can support 125k mead troops and those mead troops are a lot stronger than normal troops, they heal faster and are recruited for coins....

And that 125k figure is without any booster buildings for mead production and without any Nordic Spirit which works like a bakery - with those in place i guess you can hold 200k troops or so based on 100k food production
    I'm so sick of the bugs in this game... And the fact that GGE dont take the bugs seriously..

I lost about 30k mead soldiers last night. I had over 100k i storage and a negative consumption on 400. 
    That gave me about 9 days before i ran out. 

I had NO production for new soldiers, and NO soldiers in hospital. I checked the food and mead as usually before i went to bed.
    At non today when i logged in. I had lost 30k because of mead shortage..And i had not been attacked.

So some time last night something must have happen to the production. 

This is the 3 time the same thing happens to me. Mead have to many bugs and pitfalls to be trusted. 
    Since support dont take me seriously i'm wondering if anyone else have had the same problems.

In my ally a lot of the players just don't "convert" to mead and honey production because of to many pitfalls. 
    (Not a small amateur ally but the biggest one on the SKN1 server.
    Is it possible that your food or honey inventory reached the limit you had set? If so that could explain it

• Dark mind (SKN1)Dark mind (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 39
    The issue is whilst you have mead turned on in the brewery and you are positively producing it, the moment you hit your max storage the brewery shuts down until you manually start it up again. That's why you lost your troops because the brewery shut down. GGE know about it but haven't fixed the issue so have left it to us the players to make sure you watch your mead production constantly..
    No i had -400 in mead production. And since i did't produce anything i should have stayed on -400 and with 100k in storage i should have had mead for 9 days...
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,009

Note that the food production is a bit lower than it could be because I chose to use the Mead flag over the food flag as this yields more mead production and is thus better. With this setup you produce 167k Food an hour and thus would only need to run a 9k food burn to get to the required 176k food production.

With that you can get up to 1.17 million mead production, with each troop eating 1.2 mead an hour this means you can hold a total of 975 thousand troops. Not bad eh

Also, don't even dare to mention the 2 banners being off center :)
  • What GGE needs to do is make the slider bar in the Brewery go via smaller upgrade increments than each one being 10%.   When you have the Brewery upgraded the mead production goes up a great deal but the requirement for food goes up in large chunks also to support the increases.

GGE need to make the slider bar go in 5% or even 1% per click or movement...

That way players who are just short on a goal of mead can just move it slightly instead of a BIG 10% which is alot when item's are upgraded.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    There are already ways to move it by 1%
  • How?

GGE does not give us a tutorial on any new items or very brief on what they do.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    It's pretty simple.

If you have a level 14 brewery each percent equals to 950 honey. If you want to run your brewery at 32% you need 32 * 950 = 30400 honey. You can change it by changing your build items around.

Then you go in to your brewery and max out the main slider. Then you max out the slider that sets the limit for your honey. Press on save changes and voila. Your brewery should now be running at 32%
  • I tried again and again and never did work.  I always end up with a 2600 negative number.   I have the spare food and honey production to support 12 or 14 or 16% and would be fine then but all I can ever get it to do is 10 or 20%.

No one I talk to seems to be able to get it to go like you said.

Why not just have the "Mead" slider to in 1 or 2% increments.

Would not that be a easier solution and make more sense.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    Having a mead slider that makes 1% increments won't solve your issue here. Your issue is that 1% makes more than 2600 mead. Lets say 1% makes 4000, you would then need to add 1401 mead worth of troops in order to go to the next percentage in your brewery and then you would be at -1 mead an hour.
  • OK I will agree with your math and try think of this from the average non buyer or low buyer in the game or someone who upgrades slowly.

You say 1% adds 4000 mead and that is fine for a lot of us who do not have all the bells and whistles yet in our places.  Some of us have to work our way up slowly.

I right now have in excess of 20K food and 13K honey a hour... So by your math I could go up to 13% and still have a bit to spare.

That is a lot of extra Val troops over what 10% is and for some of us and may be the difference between a PvP defense win and PvP defense loss.

I appreciate the help and some of our alliance members tried your "Trick" but none could get it to work..   Not sure what we are doing wrong or not understanding.

We also notice that you can put numbers in the Mead Slider box but it will always go back to the nearest 10%.

Thank you again Poseidon X Anglel
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    For this trick to work you will need to do the math yourself. My numbers were mostly examples.

But if your production always goes back to the same number it means there's nothing you can do to change it via the brewery. However, you could try to either increase or decrease your public order a bit.

Lets say you are at -2400 mead an hour and you would need to be at -4000 in order for your brewery to go to the next percentage. You could then lower your public order a bit to lower your mead production so that you are at -4000.
    Then reset your brewery, let it fill up your storage and watch the magic happen.
  • Thanks for the tips.

But really the simple solution is to just "Fix" it so you can select the percentage via the box next to the slider bar in smaller increments.  So a player could just click on the slider and go 10, 20, 30 etc.  Or put in 15% or 16% and the program would adjust it for that number.

Since they got the initial programing done it would take much to just fine tune it if they really wanted to.

No idea why they made it so wide between percentages..   They must have know the numbers that would be produced when players upgrade the brewery.

The solution for me is to just wait for GGE to fix/adjust it some.   In the meantime I will keep one brewery at level 1 so it can be more fine tuned and not have such big ranges like a level 10+ brewery.

Thanks again and hopefully GGE will fix soon as I am sure they know of the issue as others have the same complaint/issue.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    Being able to set it 1% at a time would be great but it wouldn't solve the issue most people have.
    Being able to set it 1% at a time would be great but it wouldn't solve the issue most people have.
    No it dosent... The reason for this being usles is that you have to fiddle and move or delete soldiers to hit the sweetspots..
    Since i play events active i use up soldiers all the time, and that means that the after every session i have had playing 
    on events i have to use time to adjust soldiers again. Also the same if someone attacks my castle and the defenders i loos tips the balance wrong, i risk loosing all my soldiers.. 

And if you uses the hospital to balance will also change. You can only use the hospitals or create new soldiers when you are active or else you risk to los a lot...

What startet up as a good ide is unfortunately full of pitfalls and make more trouble for the players.
    All i want them to do is to fix so you cant loss all your soldiers. They have over complicated it!!
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,330
    Reminds me of when the Fusion Forge first came out.

Just may not bother with them when I get to LL650...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

And now the same thing have happend again.. 62k soldiers died.. 

I have spendt a god deal of time to get control over the mead production. Have been without problem since i started this thread. No change in soldiers, no change in production, no attacks, no production of new soldiers and no soldiers in hospital. and stable minus of 273 for a couple of weeks. (Yes i have turned up the production almost once a day to have full storage of mead.) But still i lost 62k soldiers this night... So one again mead production can not be thrusted. Just like GGE..

Since GGE mostly give a f.. about this i will also give a f.. about GGE. Will not throw away any more money on a company who gives a f... about it's customers.. What a joke....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file