Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Defense and NO WAY to defend against 11-wave attacks -

The time has come to vent: this game is getting to the point where the only way you can keep safe is to BUY BUY BUY. Attacks are coming in with 11 waves, defense can NOT keep holding, and when someone lodges 8-10 attacks at you, there's no way to protect yourself. Our "Big Dog" alliances for some reason wont fight with each other, they choose to "have fun little wars" with alliances who will NOT be able to withstand even one wave of 50 attacks lodged at them. 

I spend way too much money playing this game, although I work a decent job and dont drink or smoke, so it's my "guilty pleasure" - I'm at the point where my "guilty pleasure" is going to be spent investing the time and extra cash into more PS5 and XBox games and systems. That would be the SMART thing to do. Anyone else frustrated to this point? 

Just asking, since TM is planning on lodging a "fun little war" with our alliance this weekend. The only players who will have fun with this will be THEM. Our family in this game will be devastated, and possibly many will have had enough. I know I'm about ready to pack it in - there are "other worlds" out there, in the immortal words of Jake Chambers in The Dark Tower series by Stephen King - 

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,485
    Those P2W (pay2win) players complain that there is too little resistance and challenge. Crazy, huh? so they run flat in the F2P under the motto that they should have their defense in order. solution??? save robs and continue playing under safe mode. only disadvantage is that you yourself cannot attack foreigners and blood crows. my server has 20,000 rubies in safe mode for 2 months. Unfortunately, GGE will respond to this again by making safe mode more expensive.
    flug @ nl 1
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 256
    Totally agree with you matey

Been in safe mode for months as cannot defend against the sort of attacks the whales can now throw out

Quite prepared to be stomped flat but not to have OPs taken then dropped or worse used by P2W players as part of their shell game.  This has been going on since last year and its taken the fun out of the game for me and many others who are hanging on by a thread.  Won't take much more of it for an exodus

Not that GGS seems to care...
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • we have been advised to revive fire castellians and remove res and troops if online (sending food on a short walk to prevent starvation)

we have defended against a couple of 10 wave attacks but does depebd on cast and tools - 100% melee and quicklime bombs stop them getting the courtyard bonus but always high lossess !

- building Relic castellians helps but 140/140 max cant compeye with some of the commanders about !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • The time has come to vent: this game is getting to the point where the only way you can keep safe is to BUY BUY BUY. Attacks are coming in with 11 waves, defense can NOT keep holding, and when someone lodges 8-10 attacks at you, there's no way to protect yourself. Our "Big Dog" alliances for some reason wont fight with each other, they choose to "have fun little wars" with alliances who will NOT be able to withstand even one wave of 50 attacks lodged at them. 

I spend way too much money playing this game, although I work a decent job and dont drink or smoke, so it's my "guilty pleasure" - I'm at the point where my "guilty pleasure" is going to be spent investing the time and extra cash into more PS5 and XBox games and systems. That would be the SMART thing to do. Anyone else frustrated to this point? 

Just asking, since TM is planning on lodging a "fun little war" with our alliance this weekend. The only players who will have fun with this will be THEM. Our family in this game will be devastated, and possibly many will have had enough. I know I'm about ready to pack it in - there are "other worlds" out there, in the immortal words of Jake Chambers in The Dark Tower series by Stephen King - 
    Oh, trust me I agree with the part of TM being too trash to fight someone like Area X lol, but the part of not being able to defend I disagree with. This is a strategy game, a game where defending everything is not the best solution. A level 3 fire station + a max fire cast prevent fires. I myself had Morentz put a small OP next to mine. It is not hard to set 12h timers and to just bird everything when offline. It is what many people have been doing including myself. You need to pick and choose your battles, and if the hit is 8000 mead troops coming at you and you did not stack 800k defense, fire cast :)

Those P2W (pay2win) players complain that there is too little resistance and challenge. Crazy, huh? so they run flat in the F2P under the motto that they should have their defense in order. solution??? save robs and continue playing under safe mode. only disadvantage is that you yourself cannot attack foreigners and blood crows. my server has 20,000 rubies in safe mode for 2 months. Unfortunately, GGE will respond to this again by making safe mode more expensive.
    I actually find that the newer updates made it less pay to play, the new wall items let everyone have a good amount of troops on the wall, anyone can obtain a bunch of gold coins from KL and you do not have to play under pro if you bird everything and fire cast. Most players such as myself will not attack someone who is not defending as we only attack for the nice reports usually unless we dislike the person.

Been in safe mode for months as cannot defend against the sort of attacks the whales can now throw out

Quite prepared to be stomped flat but not to have OPs taken then dropped or worse used by P2W players as part of their shell game.  This has been going on since last year and its taken the fun out of the game for me and many others who are hanging on by a thread.  Won't take much more of it for an exodus

GGS actually made the game way more playable for people such as yourself with wave looks for attacking being really cheap and you being able to get BTH items from the gold shop, like I said above, pick and choose your battles, not everything is defendable.

we have been advised to revive fire castellians and remove res and troops if online (sending food on a short walk to prevent starvation)

we have defended against a couple of 10 wave attacks but does depebd on cast and tools - 100% melee and quicklime bombs stop them getting the courtyard bonus but always high lossess !

- building Relic castellians helps but 140/140 max cant compeye with some of the commanders about !
    Something you have to understand is, with the introduction of mead people can hold 300k defenders per castle, while I do think that the update containing the PvP items was premature, we can stack 1 million defense between 5-10 players on a 15 minute horn. Before this update, people could still hold 1000 on the wall full mead and they would hole every hit. Imagine now attacking defense HoL. This update balanced the game a lot more than you think. 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    The time has come to vent: this game is getting to the point where the only way you can keep safe is to BUY BUY BUY. Attacks are coming in with 11 waves, defense can NOT keep holding, and when someone lodges 8-10 attacks at you, there's no way to protect yourself. Our "Big Dog" alliances for some reason wont fight with each other, they choose to "have fun little wars" with alliances who will NOT be able to withstand even one wave of 50 attacks lodged at them. 

Oh, trust me I agree with the part of TM being too trash to fight someone like Area X lol, but the part of not being able to defend I disagree with. This is a strategy game, a game where defending everything is not the best solution. A level 3 fire station + a max fire cast prevent fires. I myself had Morentz put a small OP next to mine. It is not hard to set 12h timers and to just bird everything when offline. It is what many people have been doing including myself. You need to pick and choose your battles, and if the hit is 8000 mead troops coming at you and you did not stack 800k defense, fire cast :)

I actually find that the newer updates made it less pay to play, the new wall items let everyone have a good amount of troops on the wall, anyone can obtain a bunch of gold coins from KL and you do not have to play under pro if you bird everything and fire cast. Most players such as myself will not attack someone who is not defending as we only attack for the nice reports usually unless we dislike the person.

GGS actually made the game way more playable for people such as yourself with wave looks for attacking being really cheap and you being able to get BTH items from the gold shop, like I said above, pick and choose your battles, not everything is defendable.

we have been advised to revive fire castellians and remove res and troops if online (sending food on a short walk to prevent starvation)

Something you have to understand is, with the introduction of mead people can hold 300k defenders per castle, while I do think that the update containing the PvP items was premature, we can stack 1 million defense between 5-10 players on a 15 minute horn. Before this update, people could still hold 1000 on the wall full mead and they would hole every hit. Imagine now attacking defense HoL. This update balanced the game a lot more than you think. 
    Interesting perspective.  The question then becomes, are these LL800s vs LL800s?  Heavy buyers on both sides?

For myself, a non-buyer approaching LL500, I would be destroyed by any of what you describe.  So, it all comes back to the basic question of:  Who do you pick as a target?  This is also where the dreaded Server Rules come from.  If one group is up for a big purchase and planned attack on another, but that other group ISN'T up for it, that is just easy destruction.  The pay-to-win DOES come into play.

@Dark Kitten (US1) said it in the first post

Dark Kitten (US1) said:
    Our "Big Dog" alliances for some reason wont fight with each other, they choose to "have fun little wars" with alliances who will NOT be able to withstand even one wave of 50 attacks lodged at them. 

If the USA were to take on Greenland in war, would that be an impressive victory?

I am not saying the "Big Dogs" CAN'T do this.  The game allows for it and therefore it is legit.  

But, it isn't very Sportsmanlike.........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• The time has come to vent: this game is getting to the point where the only way you can keep safe is to BUY BUY BUY. Attacks are coming in with 11 waves, defense can NOT keep holding, and when someone lodges 8-10 attacks at you, there's no way to protect yourself. Our "Big Dog" alliances for some reason wont fight with each other, they choose to "have fun little wars" with alliances who will NOT be able to withstand even one wave of 50 attacks lodged at them. 

Interesting perspective.  The question then becomes, are these LL800s vs LL800s?  Heavy buyers on both sides?

For myself, a non-buyer approaching LL500, I would be destroyed by any of what you describe.  So, it all comes back to the basic question of:  Who do you pick as a target?  This is also where the dreaded Server Rules come from.  If one group is up for a big purchase and planned attack on another, but that other group ISN'T up for it, that is just easy destruction.  The pay-to-win DOES come into play.

@Dark Kitten (US1) said it in the first post

Dark Kitten (US1) said:
    Our "Big Dog" alliances for some reason wont fight with each other, they choose to "have fun little wars" with alliances who will NOT be able to withstand even one wave of 50 attacks lodged at them. 

If the USA were to take on Greenland in war, would that be an impressive victory?

I am not saying the "Big Dogs" CAN'T do this.  The game allows for it and therefore it is legit.  

But, it isn't very Sportsmanlike.........

Pay to win always comes in to play, but I know many F2P or rare spenders who are a lot better players and who I would way rather have on my side than some big whales. It comes down to game IQ. If a top alliance declares on you, fire cast 24/7 and just hit them back with the builds you can get F2P and looks which are very cheap. This game isn't about playing fair it is about outsmarting the enemy. Not everyone has to want the war but it is not hard to fight a war. Think of it this way, If a big whale keeps hitting you and you are 100% fires but haven't lost a single troop, while you hit them and keep wiping more then you lose, who really wins?
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,361
    No war, in game or real life has ever been won by playing fair.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Pay to win always comes in to play, but I know many F2P or rare spenders who are a lot better players and who I would way rather have on my side than some big whales. It comes down to game IQ. If a top alliance declares on you, fire cast 24/7 and just hit them back with the builds you can get F2P and looks which are very cheap. This game isn't about playing fair it is about outsmarting the enemy. Not everyone has to want the war but it is not hard to fight a war. Think of it this way, If a big whale keeps hitting you and you are 100% fires but haven't lost a single troop, while you hit them and keep wiping more then you lose, who really wins?
    In reality, the only winner is ever GGS.

Yes, I have used those tactics before and eventually the Big Baddies get Bored pounding on my head.  After all, there really is no challenge for them.  I agree that outsmarting the enemy can be great fun!  But, they don't have any need to do that.  They just pound big hammer.   After all, there IS a LIMIT to how many troops a non-buyer can send.  

Then once they get bored, the cleanup begins.  They all go away patting themselves on the back for being such a BIG STICK.  But, what have they really proven?  That a Top Alliance of Big Spenders can beat a Medium Alliance of sometimes spenders.  (or in my case a 1 person alliance with NO spending) WOW - what a shock.

No war, in game or real life has ever been won by playing fair.
    All is fair in love and war, but not all is worth it.  Tool burning and RV dropping are typical ways to annoy those big spenders, but also tends to escalate their attacks.  Who do you typically target first?  The STONGEST?  Of course not.  You go for the weak and undermine their support.  Again, escalating the response of the other Stronger ones.  Also, MANY Top Alliances have been known to password share in order to "assist" in Defense Setups and Retals.  You good with that?  (Yes, I have been in them and ask for my Keys.  Never gave them.  One of many reasons I have been playing solo for the last few years)  

YES - Being the Big Dog let's you do what you want.  The Game supports it and as such, so do I.  

But, don't act like you have won the World's Cup.  These aren't really even matches............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

flug (NL1) said:

Indeed , but the payers can also buy this items so it's equal, no safes them money :)
    flug @ nl 1
    edited 26.03.2021
    first victim in war in game and real life is the truth.

flug @ nl 1
  • I think that GG is responsible for this situation. Its ot a problem that some people can buy its ok, but its a problem where someone can buy literally everything and stack so many things that its impossible to compete if u are normal player or buyer. Problem is  no balance in the game and that is GG resposnible for.  Im personally a player LL800 that buy from time to time, i can stand for myself against those 11 waves etc. but i dont like the fact that whales can buy all those things that now they can send attacks with 6.5k and its devastating, and on the other hand they didnt let non buyer a option for better defending till last update when they gave option to buy look item that gives u 150 unit on the wall (blacksmith for silver and gold tokens), thats all for now, but ppl need more of that, like better defence in CY or stronger melee range in def like thet did for attacks. Thats a good start to make more balance at least for people to be able to hold a one flank. 

Next thing those look items for defence that we get too are too expensive, 80-140k rubies for few days is too much, give more options to rent it for one day and cost abt 7-8k rubies, that would be ok, stacking look items from blacksmith and buying look item for castle give u a really good amount of strength in defence, imagine bringing more items in blacksmith with more strength in cy melee range etc. A move forward at least, and stop implementing additional bonuses for attackers till the end of a year man !

Focus making new events instead making more unbalanced game !
    Not to mention the abuse, several times attack players who do not put a dollar in the game and therefore have a lesser defense and just play for fun and then shout you have to have your defense in order.
    flug @ nl 1
  • Why bother defending tho? Even I do not defend sometimes and I have 70k defense per castle. Learn to play smarter, it's at the best stage its been at in a while, stop complaining that you can't compete, 8k rubies for a look, and like 10k gold for 5 green items
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,361
    With today's update the temp build items have seen some changes to reduce their power a bit.
    edited 31.03.2021
    Why bother defending tho? Even I do not defend sometimes and I have 70k defense per castle. Learn to play smarter, it's at the best stage its been at in a while, stop complaining that you can't compete, 8k rubies for a look, and like 10k gold for 5 green items
    if it bothers you, then don't read :)   not defending is a choice , foolish with 70k defence .  but nice you have that choice that not every one have.   
    flug @ nl 1
  • Contra (US1)Contra (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the ruby bottleneck caused by the need to spend money in the outer realms and  Beyond the Horizons events.  
    You can play whack a mole with firecasts and get attack enhancements from the blacksmith as a strategy.  That's not near enough.   To build the sovereign buildings you need to go to to the ruby sucking outers.   Relic build items  requires even more money in BTH.  It's a real bottleneck for the non-ruby buyer or occasional ruby buyer.   IMO, this is the biggest problem with this new mead version of the game.

btw. Interesting to see all those new rb towers filling in all those spots that used to be players.  I don't know about others here, but there are more dead accounts on my screen than active players.
    Contra @ usa 1
    "Therefore, we devised a different solution where we can control the process of player’s progression more easily to keep the motivation of players for a longer period and enjoy their gaming experience."   GGS regarding the Nov 2017 Update

Translation: We are restricting player progress making it slower to achieve your goals, more frustrating and boring. We expect you to enjoy.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the ruby bottleneck caused by the need to spend money in the outer realms and  Beyond the Horizons events.  
    You can play whack a mole with firecasts and get attack enhancements from the blacksmith as a strategy.  That's not near enough.   To build the sovereign buildings you need to go to to the ruby sucking outers.   Relic build items  requires even more money in BTH.  It's a real bottleneck for the non-ruby buyer or occasional ruby buyer.   IMO, this is the biggest problem with this new mead version of the game.

btw. Interesting to see all those new rb towers filling in all those spots that used to be players.  I don't know about others here, but there are more dead accounts on my screen than active players.
    you can mension it but if it helps. the setup in OR en BtH   should be changed 
    the non buying player don't have a change in OR, the money spenders join up in several alliances and spread over the mapso they don't fish in eachothers water. that's one of the reasons you see a lot of lvl 11's in OR  . BtH i don't know.
    OR should be an alliance event where a member should be at least 1 week member of that alliance

flug @ nl 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file