Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Why are players leaving game. how to stop them leaving game IDEA'S

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    survey???? 
    Yeah,  mine went straight to the bin.

They wanted you to rank the build items from 1 - 36.

Like I am going to bother to do that............
    I made that survey, we were asked for the players opinion and while it was a hard one to format I was hoping that Game Design would get some good information on player desire from that. I really couldn't format it any better, sorry.
    Perhaps asking what your top 3 or top 5 are?  What TYPE you like best?  Or even what buildings that DON'T have any yet, you would like to see get one?

May not have been EXACTLY what they asked for, but it would have given them what they wanted.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    The biggest issue I had with the survey was the fact that it wouldn't gray out the used numbers when I went to a different item, but would remove the ranking number from an item that already had that ranking.  For many of the items whether they were ranked say 23 or 27 for example wouldn't matter much to me, but the annoyance of me having to keep track of the used numbers made taking the survey virtually impossible.
  • multi's really aren't a big deal. I think one thing GGS could do is make a free to play section for each event. It would have to keep track of free to play gold and silver. time skips, rubies, and Master Black Smith acquirements but it could be done and I think it's something we all could get behind. but it would be something to consider. Multi accounts are hardly an issue. I can see the issue with the number of bought troops but don't really care.

The game isn't dying out. It plateaued as the chart said. The game isn't going anywhere the top 20 alliances on each server spend well and the top 1 alliance spends as much as the rest of them do in one event as the top 20 does in a week I bet. 

The core group of serious players might take breaks but if you've paid attention to the names they've all been around for ages. Old players can come back at any time. 

Most of you are salty people.

One thing I can agree on is top prizes could be a little better and might encourage more spending. But, the spending is bad enough. I could have bought a decent used car with what I have spent on my account I bet. But, love the new$50 packs. The best thing that happened in a while. It's like winning 20 events and actual bang for your buck.

Current Member of The Red Army
    Former Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start, boi.

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,355
    multi's really aren't a big deal. I think one thing GGS could do is make a free to play section for each event. It would have to keep track of free to play gold and silver. time skips, rubies, and Master Black Smith acquirements but it could be done and I think it's something we all could get behind. but it would be something to consider. Multi accounts are hardly an issue. I can see the issue with the number of bought troops but don't really care.

The game isn't dying out. It plateaued as the chart said. The game isn't going anywhere the top 20 alliances on each server spend well and the top 1 alliance spends as much as the rest of them do in one event as the top 20 does in a week I bet. 

The core group of serious players might take breaks but if you've paid attention to the names they've all been around for ages. Old players can come back at any time. 

Most of you are salty people.

One thing I can agree on is top prizes could be a little better and might encourage more spending. But, the spending is bad enough. I could have bought a decent used car with what I have spent on my account I bet. But, love the new$50 packs. The best thing that happened in a while. It's like winning 20 events and actual bang for your buck.

Who are you and where did you come from? I would like to copy paste you a few times.
    Great messages on the forum, keep it up!
    Poseidon X Angel said:
    Who are you and where did you come from? I would like to copy paste you a few times.
    Seriously?  @YourBloodyBase (US1) has been around for quite a while.

I suppose newb's to the Forum might not know who he is............

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Poseidon X Angel said:

Well, I did start playing 3 years ago and actively using the forum 2 years ago, so I guess that could be the case here ;-)
  • Poseidon X Angel said:

Well, I did start playing 3 years ago and actively using the forum 2 years ago, so I guess that could be the case here ;-)
    I've taken a year off here and there. Once because my father was going through throat cancer and another because of burning out slash laptop breakage. I was sleeping in three-hour intervals and grabbed my screen in anger. Missed out on a free military district for the top 250 or something like that. I was consistently in the top 100. I lost a few accounts along the way and have been playing GGE from the start basically this account is quite a few years old and fought both KoN and MISC on it. I consider myself a professional tool burner and have made some epic threads. And, watched the first server war from afar and was active in causing the second one. I know of and have messaged quite a few players over the years and watched the fall of many alliances in my day.

It's nice to meet you but I think we may have talked before briefly. 

Almost had a job at GGS but I screwed it up but was able to point out some security flaws and bugs for them while in the process. Love this game. But, too obsessed with playing to actually be any use. Fredrich knew me well when he was a mod here I am sure I was hours of entertainment here for him.

I am a bit of a show-off.
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force

Then You...
    FML

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start, boi.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,481
    edited 17.01.2021
    old account doesn't mean same player :):):)
    flug @ nl 1
    Druids (GB1) said:
     Would GGE then think that as they were receiving no negative posts, and posts of postive new ideas, that the game was fantastic, and all was well.
    Could be interesting to find out, not that I think it would make a blind bit of difference, as they seem to be thinking that anyway.
    NO Question, that is exactly how they would interpret it.  

SEE?  We can agree on things.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• After seeing the Mods coments I think that the message is clear. If your post has nothing positive to say about the game then it will it is likely to be ignored, if it has complaints about shells and multi's it is likely to be closed asap. If its not a brown nose job for GGE then it gets a serious downer from the mods.
    All in all I think that the forum isn't currently serving players needs for the game, especially as imput for GGE from the players. I do wonder how interesting it will be if many of the posts trying to create a better game, with idea's and imput stopped. Would GGE then think that as they were receiving no negative posts, and posts of postive new ideas, that the game was fantastic, and all was well.
    Could be interesting to find out, not that I think it would make a blind bit of difference, as they seem to be thinking that anyway.
    Moderators want this forum to be an echo chamber, it's literally the same 5 or so players yelling at everyone else to stop complaining about the game while legitimate criticism gets put down as "not worth talking about."

It's no wonder no one writes here anymore. Willing to bet if polls were done approval ratings would be below 10%.
    After seeing the Mods coments I think that the message is clear. If your post has nothing positive to say about the game then it will it is likely to be ignored, if it has complaints about shells and multi's it is likely to be closed asap. If its not a brown nose job for GGE then it gets a serious downer from the mods.
    All in all I think that the forum isn't currently serving players needs for the game, especially as imput for GGE from the players. I do wonder how interesting it will be if many of the posts trying to create a better game, with idea's and imput stopped. Would GGE then think that as they were receiving no negative posts, and posts of postive new ideas, that the game was fantastic, and all was well.
    Moderators want this forum to be an echo chamber, it's literally the same 5 or so players yelling at everyone else to stop complaining about the game while legitimate criticism gets put down as "not worth talking about."

It's no wonder no one writes here anymore. Willing to bet if polls were done approval ratings would be below 10%.
    Talking about the future of the game is a great thing to talk about, statistics that show the game has less players now than it did at it's peak isn't.
  • 1. Multi-Accounts do get dealt with if they are dumb enough to prove it by messaging and outing themselves from both accounts or if they use cuss words etc. I've gone out of my way a few times and watched it happen.

2. It is a double echo chamber. But 3 players from GB and one From Int3 aren't exactly going to be able to cancel capitals... Let alone read a graph properly. Or, understand that not all games grow massively over time especially if they don't have a real competitive league where people share fame and fortune or mass content updates. ETC... Area Xes wallets will guarantee this game lives on and most of the alliance players in the top 20... ETC.

3. Mods here have to give feedback to GGS. Or, at least have in the past. We have seen people like I myself affect the game and others. You can't just flip a switch overnight it takes time and priority. 

4. Bad idea's. Things like the 32man hit on shapeshifter complained about by the same people complaining about how difficult it is to compete regularly. People wanting Capitals removed... ETC. Sure the feedback makes it. But, I fail to see your point and so does GGS. People complaining about regular aspects of the game. Maybe we will see some updates in the future regarding them more than likely we will. It's a get around to it situation. Discord is where you might get some response. But, I am sure people currently like some features and I am glad I don't need to break my time and wallet on shapeshifters. My point is criticism has to be constructive to make a difference.

5. The game is dying threads. GGE made the most money it ever made during the current plateau in one quarterly report in August of some year. If any of the other games make as much of an impact as this one the company they'll be very lucky and continue to make more huge profits.

6. You want to make a change suggest an update to metros and capitals. On here and on Discord. Make it constructive and maybe you'll hear something back. I might join the team and help with constructive emails. It's always a good way to get in contact with GGS. I have done this for bugs and security flaws. Landing myself a job with them I didn't take. "You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." 

7. The mods are your friends and fellow gamers. They enjoy the exact game you do. I treat them with the same respect I give everyone. If they were to say something I didn't agree with I would let them know. They are the people here that make sure the board doesn't get out of control and they do it for free. Some have moved on to real positions at GGS. Some gave up to focus more time on the game. Or, may have resigned due to letting some discussions go too far. They do the job without pay and on schedule. 

8. Your butthurt is real and we all know about it. Try not to get salty tears in your bleedy butt crack...

Then You...
    FML

GGE Courting Methods

2. It is a double echo chamber. But 3 players from GB and one From Int3 aren't exactly going to be able to cancel capitals... Let alone read a graph properly. Or, understand that not all games grow massively over time especially if they don't have a real competitive league where people share fame and fortune or mass content updates. ETC... 

Clearly you misunderstood my post.  I was AGREEING with you.  I have never asked for the removal of Capitols.  I was supporting the idea that those who were advocating for their removal were upset that they didn't have one.  Additionally, I do not believe I commented on the Graph.  I can go double check, but to me that graph was just a joke that went sideways.  

7. The mods are your friends and fellow gamers. They enjoy the exact game you do. I treat them with the same respect I give everyone. If they were to say something I didn't agree with I would let them know. They are the people here that make sure the board doesn't get out of control and they do it for free. Some have moved on to real positions at GGS. Some gave up to focus more time on the game. Or, may have resigned due to letting some discussions go too far. They do the job without pay and on schedule. 
    The Mods are human.  But, they DON'T enjoy the EXACT game as everyone else.  Search up some of the discussions I had with @Poseidon X Angel on that very topic.  There are those who play this "game" as if it was a life-and-death issue, those who play it daily and tryhard to get top prizes, those who play it just for the friends they chat, those who use it as a weekend distraction, and most importantly: Those who play with widely varying spending levels.  I believe you @YourBloodyBase (US1)  were talking about how great the new $50 packs were.  Some of us would NEVER spend $50 on this game.  I believe it was also you who stated you could have purchased a decent Used Car for the amount you HAVE spent.  Those who play without spending have a different experience from those who do.  Those who play this game casually, without expectation of Top Prizes, have a different experience from those who play it HardCore and always go for top 100.  IS it the "same game"? Sure.  But, it isn't the "exact game".  I will again thank Poseidon for his coming to understand that very point.  

As for everyone showing appropriate respect, I agree.  As for what the Mods do, again they are human.  I would never want their position and I know that I would never be offered it.

YourBloodyBase (US1) said:

HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW

Partially.  But, his #8 is directly in opposition to his #7 about showing the "same respect (he) gives everyone".....

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 707
    Ok everyone has had there say and everyone thinks the ggs are doing a fantastic job.
    so everyone stop complaining also don't bring any idea's up and just play the game.

:* 

Ok everyone has had there say and everyone thinks the ggs are doing a fantastic job.
    so everyone stop complaining also don't bring any idea's up and just play the game.

:* 

Naaaaaaaaaa..............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• 2. It is a double echo chamber. But 3 players from GB and one From Int3 aren't exactly going to be able to cancel capitals... Let alone read a graph properly. Or, understand that not all games grow massively over time especially if they don't have a real competitive league where people share fame and fortune or mass content updates. ETC... 

Clearly you misunderstood my post.  I was AGREEING with you.  I have never asked for the removal of Capitols.  I was supporting the idea that those who were advocating for their removal were upset that they didn't have one.  Additionally, I do not believe I commented on the Graph.  I can go double check, but to me that graph was just a joke that went sideways.  

The Mods are human.  But, they DON'T enjoy the EXACT game as everyone else.  Search up some of the discussions I had with @Poseidon X Angel on that very topic.  There are those who play this "game" as if it was a life-and-death issue, those who play it daily and tryhard to get top prizes, those who play it just for the friends they chat, those who use it as a weekend distraction, and most importantly: Those who play with widely varying spending levels.  I believe you @YourBloodyBase (US1)  were talking about how great the new $50 packs were.  Some of us would NEVER spend $50 on this game.  I believe it was also you who stated you could have purchased a decent Used Car for the amount you HAVE spent.  Those who play without spending have a different experience from those who do.  Those who play this game casually, without expectation of Top Prizes, have a different experience from those who play it HardCore and always go for top 100.  IS it the "same game"? Sure.  But, it isn't the "exact game".  I will again thank Poseidon for his coming to understand that very point.  

As for everyone showing appropriate respect, I agree.  As for what the Mods do, again they are human.  I would never want their position and I know that I would never be offered it.

YourBloodyBase (US1) said:

HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW

Partially.  But, his #8 is directly in opposition to his #7 about showing the "same respect (he) gives everyone".....

If a mod ever gets butt hurt. I'll talk about the salty tears. I think Fredrick could have agreed that I am that type of person I also state that I love everyone. EVERYONE. But, I also like to Rustle some Jimmies. Sorry, I miss took you for a capital hater. Made some great points. My Exact is Literal and your exact is based on playstyle.  We literally love this game collectively. Literally the same game no matter how you play it. 

We're both a couple of salty smart asses.

The web board's biggest jerk.

YBB

Then You...
    FML

GGE Courting Methods

This discussion has been closed.