Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New server

I heard that a new server has started just today, is it true? And if so, what country is this server?

Comments

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,367
    It is an international server, it is called World 1.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • Hands up (GB1)Hands up (GB1) GB1 Posts: 347

Why a new server?

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 05.01.2021
    Why not? I see a lot of happy players in there now enjoying themselves.
    Do you?

I see a repeat of INT3.  Players accidently logging into it, and then abandoning it once they figure it out.  

As was done when INT3 was launched, World 1 is currently the default when you go to empire.goodgamestudios.com  This allows them to show how POPULAR it is........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

I do.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,677
    edited 06.01.2021

Why a new server?

to make a server where the P2W can play with eachother?   it can be a beginning of an end.
    Post edited by flug (NL1) on
    flug @ nl 1
    I don't get what you mean.
    i forgot the questionmark. :)

flug @ nl 1
    Maybe the sense was forgotten too?
    edited 06.01.2021
    maybe

but maybe you can explain to me what was / is the need for world1? is the existing game too boring? is a copy the solution? or was there high demand for a new server? For example, I only see more space around my castle, so it cannot be a lack of space
    flug @ nl 1
    Maybe the sense was forgotten too?
    Ooooooh, feisty!

But, @flug (NL1) asks a legit question:

explain to me what was / is the need for world1? 
    Been in there a couple of days now and it is nothing new.  Not even like INT3 was with NO EVENTS for a glorious few months.  I am already doing the BCs in there.

Other than a desire for GGS to be able to say "We are opening new servers!" and "Look at all the NEW PLAYERS that have signed up for our NEW SERVER!" what possible reason could there be for World 1's creation?

Is there a lack of space on the existing servers?  Nope - lot's of empty room.
    Was there a demand by the Player Base for a "Fresh Start"? - Not that we have seen on the English Forum.

What WOULD be nice, is if this WAS an actual NEW TYPE of Server.  One with limits in place to prevent Multis or new BOT prevention techniques.  But, if it was, they would never tell us that, would they?  AND the odds of GGS doing something like this for THAT good of a reason?????  North of 658M to 1.............

Good night.
    Sleep well.

It could also be that after an allotted time GGE will announce. This is working nicely, so now we'll close servers x, y, z and move them onto world 1.Why have 3 part full servers when we can fill a new one up.
    Would GGE do such a nasty thing...?
    I don't think they would NOT do it if it suited their purposes.  But, I don't think that is in the cards.  IF they were to do that, It would seem more likely to do it from the start.  Don't fill the center of the map with randoms and THEN try to shove the others into the map.

IF they were to ever make that move, it would be more likely they do it from a blank slate, find a home for all the players and then just drop the hammer...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Okay so as I've said there are currently no plans to merge servers. It may occur at a future date but I've seen nothing about it. I'll keep you informed if I hear anything.

As to why we've a new server, World 1, I honestly don't know. I wasn't consulted about it and in general CM's wouldn't be. So all I can give you is my assumptions on the matter, which wouldn't be very informative and indeed would most likely be wrong.
    edited 07.01.2021

As to why we've a new server, World 1, I honestly don't know. I wasn't consulted about it and in general CM's wouldn't be. So all I can give you is my assumptions on the matter, which wouldn't be very informative and indeed would most likely be wrong.
    Meaning there isn't even an avenue for you to ASK someone at "the Studio" about this?  Please do correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought that communications between the Players and "the Studio" was at the core of a CM's duty.

Unless of course, that communication is only desired to go ONE WAY...........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 07.01.2021
    Okay so as I've said there are currently no plans to merge servers. It may occur at a future date but I've seen nothing about it. I'll keep you informed if I hear anything.

if you didn't mind to ask them about this, how can i be sure you ask them the questions we ask ???
    i always thought it's a funny construction, GGE is hiding behind players who are allowed to call themselves CM or whatever. 

flug @ nl 1
  • Its PoseidonIts Poseidon Moderator Posts: 1,876
    The players apply to become a moderator for the forums, the CMs actually work for the studio and are on a payroll.

I don't fully understand why it's so important as to why this server was created, it's here and it's not going anywhere.
    I hope those who've create an account there are having fun and continue to do so.

I don't fully understand why it's so important as to why this server was created, it's here and it's not going anywhere.

No one is asking for it to be removed.  

The question of: WHY?   Is a reasonable one.  Humans get curious when they see something that doesn't make sense to them.  Does GGS OWE us an answer?  Of course not.  I don't for a moment expect to get one.

But, to ask the question: "WHY would they open a new World 1 server?"  is to be expected.  There was no cry for it from the Player base.  At least not what was seen on the English Forum.  More and more people are believing the FALSE IDEA that there would be a REDUCTION of servers.  So, an addition at this time seems VERY ODD.

IMO, the only reason for it from a Business viewpoint is as I implied earlier:  So they can say "We are opening new servers!" and "Look at all the New Players joining!".

Marketing at it's best............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

I'll certainly ask at the next meeting I have with those involved.
    Just for fun, I checked how "Popular" the World 1 server is.

The entire Player base is currently located within a 300 / 320 click box.

Check your own servers to see how large your Player Base is.

I guess there are just a TON of folks who were WAITING for this World 1 server................
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file