Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GGE - Lack of inaction....Fixing the Issue with Shell Accounts (Solutions)

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    No, there is no PERFECT solution.  But, as Philt points out, nothing isn't a solution either.

Nut shell:

2FA for logins can help reduce Alliance Shells.  Even if not required from your registered IP, the alliance person tagged with keeping them "alive" wont be able to do it.  (Without exploits that we wont talk about, and even then if the original player isn't playing anymore, that issue becomes moot)

2FA for purchases is a reasonable security requirement that most people would understand.

As for the cheats looking to cheat, YES they will look for more ways.  But,, I wouldn't leave my $1000 sitting in the window......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Pieter Cornelis (NL1)Pieter Cornelis (NL1) NL1 Posts: 314
    edited 23.10.2020
    Finally thrown in the towel, account destroyed and I finished and quit the game, the best decision in the game in months!

:-)

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 701
    Mods always seem to find something wrong with whatever anyone comes up with. 
    we never get to hear any updates on what GGS are actually doing about all this
    cheating. we hear nothing ZERO from GGS . that in it self shows they don't care
    about players anymore.

At least one thing all the players agree with is the demise of GGE and Mods can't see it.
    GGE can't see it or they can and don't give a poop about it.

keep smiling everyone because it's all going to come crashing down for GGE 

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,316
    Mods always seem to find something wrong with whatever anyone comes up with. 
    we never get to hear any updates on what GGS are actually doing about all this
    cheating. we hear nothing ZERO from GGS . that in it self shows they don't care
    about players anymore.

At least one thing all the players agree with is the demise of GGE and Mods can't see it.
    GGE can't see it or they can and don't give a poop about it.

keep smiling everyone because it's all going to come crashing down for GGE 

I haven't been informed on all the changes brought to the game to prevent this sort of cheating but I have noticed some of them myself. I also noticed some flaws, reported them and I believe they are fixed now.
    But no gaming studio has ever shared how their anti cheat works, this would make it to easy for those who do cheat to manipulate the system and avoid bans.

I and all of the other mods are active players like the rest of you, we run in to the same issues as you do.
    I will never lie to the community, I joined this team to try and improve the quality for the players.

About 2-3 months ago a system was put in place that got rid of almost all the currently existing proxy accounts.

Believe me when I say this, I want this stuff fixed just as bad as you do.
    I just can't force them to implement anything, I am forwarding your suggestions but I got to be honest with you guys.
    Some of the suggestions here don't stand a chance at making it in to the game.

For example?  and why do you feel that way?   Please expand...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

For example?  and why do you feel that way?   Please expand...........
    I would rather focus on what is being done, if that's okay with you.
    I have already replied to comments and told them why I don't think it will be implemented, never the less, I have forwarded the suggestions.

Right now a new patch has gone live on E4K that drastically reduce password sharing, I don't think I am allowed to go in to detail so I will have to leave it at that.
    I know this hasn't been done for EM but this shows that the studio does have the ambition to take down these problems.
    So have faith ;)
  • "Which is a problem it is hard to deal with. If it was a simple one it'd have been fixed years ago." as posted by Crom ^^

"Now there are workarounds to this but I won't go in to detail as discussion exploits is against the guidelines.

What I am pointing out is that it's harder than you think, the workaround I know off would still apply, even with the best fingerprint system out there.
    It's unfortunate that these things are being exploited by players but I am sure the fraud team has taken all of the above in to consideration and our doing what they think is the best solution." as posted by Poseidon ^^

And there you have it, as close to the unvarnished truth as we are going to get. The problem isn't going to be solved any time soon. End of.

Players have a few choices :-
    1. Explore the options for cheating, decide what suits you best and join in.
    2. Put up and shut up
    3. Walk away

It's that simple.

GamerGac5754 @ en 1

Right now a new patch has gone live on E4K that drastically reduce password sharing, I don't think I am allowed to go in to detail so I will have to leave it at that.
    I know this hasn't been done for EM but this shows that the studio does have the ambition to take down these problems.
    So have faith ;)
    George Michael I am not.  So, I will believe it when I see it.

But, I DO appreciate you engaging this discussion.  I will leave this one for now..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• baronzamedi (GB1)baronzamedi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 167
    I think another issue is the lack of GGE desire to ban a shell, I have sent them messages of evidence of people admitting its a shell and they are in it and nothing...
    baronzamedi @ en 1
    only shells gge take notice of are egg shells.
    Mods stick up for gge all the time , customer support is total
    waste of time they do nothing with these cheats. seems if you cheat in this game
    gge reward you with dodgy buildings as well.

If gge were a decent  company they would have removed the shells and not constantly get the
    mods to say it takes time. look at forum from every year and you will soon see how long 
    the cheating has gone on. and gge are nowhere near getting on top of it.

they can't be ars-d , now where did my buildings go to :*
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,228
    We have been a part of this cheating twice now gge acted the first ,and we all got back which was lost now it has happened again with shell accounts from rawside from de 1 and arabs same crap has happened again they only need to buy once and they buy millions of troops . take all the property we worked hard for but impossible to keep 1 account has been banned i expect more to follow , but this do not get back our property , and the alliance we been fighting and winning , had to resource to this cheating .

the alliance should be disbanded for letting the cheats in and we should recieve compensation for what was taking tickets have been raise but i dare not hold my breath waiting for gge to respond 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
    think you got more chance seeing an alien then gge taking any action.
    they don't care anymore and won't do anything. bet if you swore on here or in game instant ban .
    totally cheat and they give you one little ban followed by another and another and after 5-6 bans you 
    finally get the boot. 

• baronzamedi (GB1)baronzamedi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 167
    Gaz, think you are right, looks like people voting with their feet, UK looks like is has less than 1000 active players at the moment. 
    baronzamedi @ en 1
  • One of the biggest issue is that those Dummy ids attack us or capture our ops during night time. come on we cannot stay in game for 24hrs , whole day No. Cant GGE give us something like 12hrs protection everyday? mainly at night time, i think this will reduce the influence of multi ids on ops. At Morning time when we are awake we can atleast see the capture and defend it. Atleast 1 will be on from alliance to send defence. We cant be online at night everyday !! I really believe this will reduce the trouble caused by multi ids. Atleast make this temporary until u find a solution for Ending Multi id stuff.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,435
    One of the biggest issue is that those Dummy ids attack us or capture our ops during night time. come on we cannot stay in game for 24hrs , whole day No. Cant GGE give us something like 12hrs protection everyday? mainly at night time, i think this will reduce the influence of multi ids on ops. At Morning time when we are awake we can atleast see the capture and defend it. Atleast 1 will be on from alliance to send defence. We cant be online at night everyday !! I really believe this will reduce the trouble caused by multi ids. Atleast make this temporary until u find a solution for Ending Multi id stuff.

that will certainly be possible, it should be in any case, but fear that a high price tag will be attached :(

But it's a very good idea !!
    flug @ nl 1
  • KrishnaHero (IN1)KrishnaHero (IN1) IN1 Posts: 65
    edited 03.12.2020
    One of the biggest issue is that those Dummy ids attack us or capture our ops during night time. come on we cannot stay in game for 24hrs , whole day No. Cant GGE give us something like 12hrs protection everyday? mainly at night time, i think this will reduce the influence of multi ids on ops. At Morning time when we are awake we can atleast see the capture and defend it. Atleast 1 will be on from alliance to send defence. We cant be online at night everyday !! I really believe this will reduce the trouble caused by multi ids. Atleast make this temporary until u find a solution for Ending Multi id stuff.

that will certainly be possible, it should be in any case, but fear that a high price tag will be attached :(

It shouldn't be from purchase buddy, I feel everyone should get it everyday. Else the game wont be in balance, People will keep making Multi ids, Using cheap currency and bots. If we get at least [email protected] night time max 12hrs, Morning Someone will surely be on in alliance to keep a check on cap hits. So the Purpose for which these peeps make dummy ids go waste as they will not be able to capture outpost. As much as I have read different posts, These dummies are capping Ops @night time. I strongly believe a night time protection for all will reduce multi ids influence so much as they stop it on their own.. Just hoping GGE solves the issue..

It shouldn't be from purchase buddy, I feel everyone should get it everyday. Else the game wont be in balance, People will keep making Multi ids, Using cheap currency and bots. If we get at least [email protected] night time max 12hrs, Morning Someone will surely be on in alliance to keep a check on cap hits. So the Purpose for which these peeps make dummy ids go waste as they will not be able to capture outpost. As much as I have read different posts, These dummies are capping Ops @night time. I strongly believe a night time protection for all will reduce multi ids influence so much as they stop it on their own.. Just hoping GGE solves the issue..
    How would that work with international servers?
  • One of the biggest issue is that those Dummy ids attack us or capture our ops during night time. come on we cannot stay in game for 24hrs , whole day No. Cant GGE give us something like 12hrs protection everyday? mainly at night time, i think this will reduce the influence of multi ids on ops. At Morning time when we are awake we can atleast see the capture and defend it. Atleast 1 will be on from alliance to send defence. We cant be online at night everyday !! I really believe this will reduce the trouble caused by multi ids. Atleast make this temporary until u find a solution for Ending Multi id stuff.

I suggested tying servers to currrency years ago - i.e uk GBP etc. - with the international servers there could be a designated currency  based on where the most players are based - the currency difference does not seem to affect outers - i pay as much there as i would on my main account ! - it would not stop the problem completely but would discourage new shells - and regarding the ISP issue - i play from home or public library and once have used the local swimming pool - there could be an option to verify this by a secure means - Paypal always want a code that is sent to my mobile !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Zephyrus (GB1)Zephyrus (GB1) GB1 Posts: 159
    Iv read through a few suggestions here and I can help shut down a few points easily. You have to look at it what it would cost GGS to implement these and will it actually work.

Tieing IPs to multiple accounts wont work. Using a VPN will just allow for people to continue doing this.... so it would be a waste of time and resources for the devs to work on anything like this.

2FA - although in favour of this, its also very very easy to manipulate and thus being someone else that is a waste of time and resources. 

The different currency thing has been an issue for a long time, not only GGE has this issue but to make the game accessible to all they must have different prices for different regions, the issue was how easy it was to setup a cheap currency account ages ago. Its not as easy anymore, but what people are doing now, isn't easy to detect because thats sadly how the world works right now. You need to understand that these issues are not only in GGE but other games too. 

The major issue that has always existed and always will is people will be here on the forums crying and complaining about certain issues but these issues are happening in their alliance and they will stand for it because someone else did it. As this circle goes round and round, things just get worse and to be honest if you look at it from a company point of view, its bringing in the money for GGS which at this time of the world is important. 

Now the other big issues account trading, iv seen a big name on here complaining about it, but within his own alliance its happening, and he knew about it and allowed it to happen. Which raises the question of, its okay if its you but not if it the enemy?
    Most of these hacked accounts are accounts being given to other people and the original owner taking it back or password sharing going wrong. This has been an issue for a while and to stop account sharing is tough, because people do legitimately forgot things, or need to transfer email addresses, linking about to payment methods isn't an option for any company because it restricts income and players use different payment methods dependant on real life. I use 3 different methods monthly... Cards expiring is just one example, moving bank is another, in terms of a company perspective making it harder for user to buy their product isn't a smart choice.
    If people dont want their accounts hacked then build their own account and dont PW share, it is quite simple, the moment they break TCs they are running at their own risk of having something happen. 

I know for a fact support will ban someone if they have solid evidence you just have to remember of the ARK alliance. You have to remember a PM admitting to being a shell isn't evidence as people can joke about in PMs and say things that arent true to get under your skin. Its harder then you think to track multis because there is so much information GGS as a company can take from a user without breaking privacy laws. I dont know exactly the extent but you have to think from a wider perspective, they cant just be linking mac addresses of NICs. IP tracing will never work for a game like this for many reasons, you can play on the same IP as someone else and not even know them if you are at a library or public wifi place.

But for every time you allow it to happen within your own alliance you're just showing the support team and devs, its okay if its your side but not the other.... 

I stand alone, Guess I knew it all along

I suggested tying servers to currrency years ago - i.e uk GBP etc. - with the international servers there could be a designated currency  based on where the most players are based - the currency difference does not seem to affect outers - i pay as much there as i would on my main account ! - it would not stop the problem completely but would discourage new shells - and regarding the ISP issue - i play from home or public library and once have used the local swimming pool - there could be an option to verify this by a secure means - Paypal always want a code that is sent to my mobile !
    I quoted the wrong post in mine, meant to quote the post asking for a night protection mode.
This discussion has been closed.