Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Best Games at (Advertising TOS violation)

The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) GB1 Posts: 672
edited 28.11.2020 in General Discussion

So I found a loophole to the tandc's where we cant talk about other games but we can talk about the game, and the advertisements in gge are apart of gge.

So what (Advertising TOS violation) game do you guys love playing!
Post edited by Poseidon X Angel on

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Quoting does NOT ping the poster. Please @ me if you want my attention. Use " for names with spaces, e.g @ "The Torrent (GB1)"

Comments

• Tobenna (WORLD1)Tobenna (WORLD1) Posts: 20
    edited 28.11.2020
    Google pays GGS to advertise the games of other companies based on your search history for a set time period (the time the AD plays for).
    Encouraging players to talk about those other games outside that designated time period for ADs that have been targeted at you others likely haven't seen is still technically a breach of the rules.
  • Hello guys,

Like @Kellan (US1) said, this is indeed a breach of the rules. A pretty clear one if you ask me.
    To my knowledge the rules don't allow for any advertising of other games on this Forum.
    It's up to GoodGame Studios to display this ads to their users, this does not mean that the Forum Guidelines no longer stand.

Now @The Torrent (GB1) is right is saying that you can discuss the game on this forum, it wouldn't make much sense if you couldn't. But other than stating this fact he did not use his post to discuss the game in any way.
    Furthermore, he deliberately tried to do something which is not allowed by looking for a loophole in the rules that would prevent us from taking action against this.
    However, this only shows his intent behind this post and moves him up in the penalty ladder.

Not being aware that mentioning another game is against the rules will only result in a 0 point warning.
    But, given the circumstances it has become a 3 point warning.

@The Torrent (GB1) I advise you to not make silly posts like this again, warnings will add up to an automatic ban.

~Poseidon
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,039
    The FIRST rule about targeted advertising is: DON'T TALK about targeted advertising..................
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• looks like we won't have to leave the game of our volition, GGE are upping the stakes, and will be banning quite a few players soon.
    Now that's what I call shooting yourself in both feet.
    Bring in advertising, then find reasons in the reasoning, to ban the your target audience...Like it GGE..good one.
    what? where have you seen that GGE will be banning their players from advertising? can you show me a single banned person who specifically got banned for using adblock etc. I think you will find there are currently none. stop crying on the forums 24/7... I'd thought you might've stopped but you're still here waffling  :'(
  • CheekyBuilder (GB1)CheekyBuilder (GB1) GB1 Posts: 148
    edited 29.11.2020
    (image)
  • CheekyBuilder (GB1)CheekyBuilder (GB1) GB1 Posts: 148
    edited 29.11.2020
    (image)
  • Draxius (GB1)Draxius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 44
  • Splish Splash indeed.
  • ! would presume that the Mod should step in now as I see no relative points, just childish pictures. Of course they are from a couple of the less respected accounts on the GB server, and are complacent with most of the bad things discussed on the forum. So this is not a surprising tactic by them, as they normally try to grab attention with threats and bully boy tactics, yet when it comes to grownup discussions they fail miserably. 
    Of course we could always discuss shells, and multi's with them and one may have an input. Night kids!
    who knew someone could get so triggered over a basic internet meme....  o:)

• Draxius (GB1)Draxius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 44
    ! would presume that the Mod should step in now as I see no relative points, just childish pictures. Of course they are from a couple of the less respected accounts on the GB server, and are complacent with most of the bad things discussed on the forum. So this is not a surprising tactic by them, as they normally try to grab attention with threats and bully boy tactics, yet when it comes to grownup discussions they fail miserably. 
    Of course we could always discuss shells, and multi's with them and one may have an input. Night kids!

! would presume that the Mod should step in now as I see no relative points, just childish pictures. Of course they are from a couple of the less respected accounts on the GB server, and are complacent with most of the bad things discussed on the forum. So this is not a surprising tactic by them, as they normally try to grab attention with threats and bully boy tactics, yet when it comes to grownup discussions they fail miserably. 

Ok Boomer, leave the 2013 memes where they belong.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• I see some of you are clearly upset by some of the recent messages in this thread.
    It's gone off topic to such an extent that I will have to close the thread if it continues like this.

Please stick to the topic of the thread or create a new one if you want to discuss rubber duckies.
  • The FIRST rule about targeted advertising is: DON'T TALK about targeted advertising..................

I mean, why would you want to anyway? Everyone knows to ignore google ads don't they????
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,103
    The FIRST rule about targeted advertising is: DON'T TALK about targeted advertising..................

I mean, why would you want to anyway? Everyone knows to ignore google ads don't they????
    yes  and without paying any money :) but ssssssssssssssssssssssssst
    flug @ nl 1
  • ! would presume that the Mod should step in now as I see no relative points, just childish pictures. Of course they are from a couple of the less respected accounts on the GB server, and are complacent with most of the bad things discussed on the forum. So this is not a surprising tactic by them, as they normally try to grab attention with threats and bully boy tactics, yet when it comes to grownup discussions they fail miserably. 

Ok Boomer, leave the 2013 memes where they belong.........
    firstly im very far away from being a boomer lol 

@CheekyBuilder (GB1)
    Yes we can all stoop your levels of input.
    Now try and discuss it like adults, unless of course you are in favour of Ads, which you probably are being ruby players.
    So then just say so.

nah, I hate ads. Surprised they werent added sooner tbh. If you really hate ads so much spend 2.49 and get rid of them  :* 
    CheekyBuilder (GB1) said:

"Boomer" isn't just an age, it is also a state of mind.  Let's just hope you aren't a Karen......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• CheekyBuilder (GB1) said:

"Boomer" isn't just an age, it is also a state of mind.  Let's just hope you aren't a Karen......
    lol, I definitely do not have a "boomer" state of mind. And im not a Karen either  :D
  • I see some of you are clearly upset by some of the recent messages in this thread.
    It's gone off topic to such an extent that I will have to close the thread if it continues like this.

Please stick to the topic of the thread or create a new one if you want to discuss rubber duckies.
    Splish Splash.... :)
This discussion has been closed.