Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

@ poseidon or crom got beef?

I've been on the forums for the last 30 minutes just scanning and holy issues, i know it's not your fault but look at this list
 --  I have 2 bestseller shops with identical items and no timer.
 --  No AT rewards until 5 days after it ends (nice)
 --  AT rewards are just... bad? a 230 PO reward for finishing it? Only 11 alliances finished it this go around and that's not incentive. It still gives out a level 10 Com CY gem for top 25 even though everyone knows that relic commanders are far superior, thus anything you could attach it to is outdated. 250 PO for finishing top 10 and 285 for winning? There is 0 incentive to win at all as you can buy 1k and 2k PO items now and the top 20 reward from the FLs which you would get 80% of the time if you were top 25 in AT is 400 PO. The balance of that is crazy and makes no sense. That doesn't even include the rewards you get before the final one which were cool 3 years ago when first implemented but have not kept up with what i would call in game inflation (ie 200 vet horrors? that doesn't even fill the front).
 -- There is no longer a way to grind and earn anything. Even if you buy rubies a bit you are massively outgunned. Once was at war with a guy who lost over 100k vet horrors in one day and next day he woke up and kept sending them. I get the game needs whales, but there is little to no incentive to play unless you pay, your progress has a hard ceiling. Put 1-2k PO items in the smith, that way there is incentive to play and finish every event and save up for them.
 -- There are so many achievements for events that no longer exist, player tournament, alliance glory tournament, blade coast just came back same as ever, bar look items and sky high pricing for weak rewards, underworld is gone too along with thorn king.
 -- Outers and BTH are just money grabs, thus there hasn't been anything new of substance introduced to the game except for relic items. Relic items aren't even new content though, they just can be used with/against the old content. I quit the game for a year and came back with nothing changed at all.

I know there is sooooo much more to grieve about but this is just my vent list, honestly made me feel better so add to it if you want, but the point of this is the pay wall in this game has never been higher, and only seems to continue to grow. 

TL;dr, Poseidon and Crom where is the game going? You guys actually going to add anything or just recycle old content and claim it's new? Will you change the rewards or PO available to rebalance the game or can i still expect a 3 day grind for something that will sit in my inventory?

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,361
    TL;dr, Poseidon and Crom where is the game going? You guys actually going to add anything or just recycle old content and claim it's new?

they don't make the game :wink:

flug @ nl 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,221
    TL;dr, Poseidon and Crom where is the game going? You guys actually going to add anything or just recycle old content and claim it's new? Will you change the rewards or PO available to rebalance the game or can i still expect a 3 day grind for something that will sit in my inventory?
    I like this option, I have been told these rewards are primarily for lower level players. Us high level players can get our public order from other place for example.
  • TL;dr, Poseidon and Crom where is the game going? You guys actually going to add anything or just recycle old content and claim it's new? Will you change the rewards or PO available to rebalance the game or can i still expect a 3 day grind for something that will sit in my inventory?
    I like this option, I have been told these rewards are primarily for lower level players. Us high level players can get our public order from other place for example.
    The shop I presume you mean... can't win anything better than I already have. Was nice to see better catalysts on offer but pretty pointless upgrading a 1k po when the shop now sells po items with 2.3k...
  • Geode (US1)Geode (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    It is possible to grind a lot of rubies at a decent speed by attacking robber barons and the towers in Ice, sands, and fire. These rubies can be spent to get Kingdoms league season passes and building upgrades. I've personally grinded my way to get a military district with gold, and enough tokens to get that to level 2,4 max level relic greenhouses, encampment level 8, and a couple of barracks to high levels as well in the period of a few months through kingdoms league's token output. All of which without spending a plug nickel. Granted I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the game every day, but some Rewards can still be gained through grinding. Yes, most strong decorations are hidden behind the paywall rather than being in rewards, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that nothing can be earned anymore. Nice suggestions overall though.
  • TL;dr, Poseidon and Crom where is the game going? You guys actually going to add anything or just recycle old content and claim it's new?

they don't make the game :wink:

well aware they don't make the game but they are here on the forum as game reps, they should know at least something or can direct concerns towards those who do.

• TL;dr, Poseidon and Crom where is the game going? You guys actually going to add anything or just recycle old content and claim it's new? Will you change the rewards or PO available to rebalance the game or can i still expect a 3 day grind for something that will sit in my inventory?

By other places i assume you mean the best seller shop? Even that requires rubies, sure not an insane amount for a 1k PO item but still now that there are 2 and 2.3k PO items. That is only half what is available in that shop. best PO items from reward is 400 from FLs alliance top 50, making it over 5 times less valuable than that which you can buy. So yes high level players have other options, but embracing the game and putting in the time still doesn't get you anywhere near the same level as whales.

• It is possible to grind a lot of rubies at a decent speed by attacking robber barons and the towers in Ice, sands, and fire. These rubies can be spent to get Kingdoms league season passes and building upgrades. I've personally grinded my way to get a military district with gold, and enough tokens to get that to level 2,4 max level relic greenhouses, encampment level 8, and a couple of barracks to high levels as well in the period of a few months through kingdoms league's token output. All of which without spending a plug nickel. Granted I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the game every day, but some Rewards can still be gained through grinding. Yes, most strong decorations are hidden behind the paywall rather than being in rewards, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that nothing can be earned anymore. Nice suggestions overall though.
    The issue is that the only resource that matters in this game is food. PO items are what increases your food production. So while relic food items and relic build items do help in the way of game balance the a castle full of 2k PO items and no relic produces far more food than one that has items which are available through rewards and relic. So while yes you could hit RBs for 19 rubies, to get 2 2k PO items from a special offer you would need to hit 1000 RBs just to get there. And yes there are fortresses in sands ice and fire but those are unreliable sources as they can be taken by other people, regardless of which that requires a ridiculous level of activity.

Understandable, and it should be updated to make grinding easier to an extent, I'm not saying that the grind makes getting great rewards easy, just that it is possible to get there. I personally have no access to the bestseller shop so I have no clue to the price of anything in it. GGS has made good PO difficult to get for F2P and It should be a bit cheaper. Thank you for your input.

Geode
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    I am also curious as to why you wouldn't have access to the best seller shop at your level. You should if you have built up to your existing level through the normal channels and times a better knowledge of  what idea's, criticisms, disappointments have already gone before on the forums, and I don't think you would be asking what others think, and you would definitely know yourself. There are other inconsistencies in what you have said, but I will close it there.
    Best Seller Shop is only available to those who have purchased at least once.  I don't have it, for obvious reasons.  If he does not have access to it either, then he has NOT made a single purchase........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Is that the sale tab left hand side or, special offers overviews ?. or both ?..
    As I recall, it is the special offers tab.  This is what I have currently.

From my understanding, the Best Seller Shop shows up in there.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Hands up (GB1)Hands up (GB1) GB1 Posts: 347

I have also never bought and I can't find it.

The 2 orange banners are the ones.

Don't really understand how GGE have set it up as you buy from there with rubies you already have, you don't have to buy at the time to get offers.
    Each banner sells different things. I have just got some items just to check, and rubies are taken from your tally. Dont know if GGE mean it this way, or gliche...

Maybe Input from MOD to confirm.
    This isn't the only instance where the Non-Buyer doesn't have opportunities to spend in-game rubies on items.

The other easy one is the Quicklime Bomb.  I went quite some time wondering where people bought those.  The answer is from a Special Offer Pop-Up.  I have NEVER been offered that.  Again, the offer to purchase those items is a "perk" to those who have spent at least once.  Same goes for the Wheel of Fortune "Pro-Mode".  ONLY available to those who have purchased rubies 'at least once'.

Just one of the OLDEST ways they try to "encourage" people to spend that FIRST TIME.  Everyone knows that once that door is open, it gets easier to walk through............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

I can't remember what the early costs were, but at £0.99, now, is it worth the chance of the extra's for the one off payment, some will be willing, others will not, so as usual buyers choice.
    VERY common advertising gimmick.  Make the first purchase real low, or even free!  Get the buyer used to it, and they are hooked.  CAN someone JUST buy £0.99 one time?  Certainly.  Just like people CAN sign up for the 30 days FREE offer from any number of companies.  But, if you don't cancel at the end of the 30 days, then you are automatically enrolled in their 5 year plan, or what not.

Sure, it IS the buyers choice.  But, advertisers know how to manipulate........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

I realize that parts of my story may not add up to you so I'll try to answer some of the notes that you have put out.
    1. I've played 10-ish hours a day on most days in the period since 4/15 of this year this is insane in more ways than one. Much of that time is spent either hitting barons, Hitting events, or Chatting with and helping alliance members or other friends. The barons provide skips, rubies, and resources, which make upgrading much easier. The amount of battles I have on my commanders(according to the company's stats) is 49,909 as of now because of all of this looting. Most weeks I have around 50mil loot, although this week I've taken some time off for another game, so I only have 21 mil.
    2. I have been in an alliance that was #10 alliance at the time that I visited for the period of a week. Currently I am in Viral which is 64th. All of my experiences other than AF Riders have been in alliances outside of the top 50. I have had several strong players who I have met that have helped me learn the game along the way. Earlier, I claimed to have never been in either of the top alliance families being MISC and Area X which I stand by now.
    3. I ask for other people's input and advice because it promotes discussion on a topic, I learn from other people, and I think that other people will have valid points. I don't know everything, or even close to everything, nor will I claim to. I wish to learn, improve, and occasionally teach a bit. There is no reason for me to not invite people to discuss.
    4. My knowledge of what has happened on the forum is mostly limited to what has happened in the last 6 months. Anything before that is much less likely for me to have seen, although I have seen some posts from before.

Are there any other things I can answer for you?
    Geode
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    high activity at the right times can net huge results..I had 800 season points going into berimond invasion, came out i think 50k silver richer with +1400 season points in maybe 12-15 hrs total playtime over 4 days.

Over this past summer, I started at 0.8mil mp --> 1.8mil in ~50 days. Progress is much much faster, if you play with good strategy (200 leg. levels and ~160 HoL in 2 months). At any rate, there's little beyond the highest echelon of items that a completely f2p cannot accomplish. It's just a grind. It sounds to me like you're the one out of touch ;)
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 131
    Using the pay by call option you can spend litterally 1 cent.
    I use this in OR for example, it unlocks the bestseller shop for you and the tools there are very cheap.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,353
    I have beef.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    I have beef.
    It IS what's for dinner.

But, I do miss Clara..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,353
    Hmmmm, big buns alright.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file