Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

ehhhhhhhh WTF?????

Why on earth has GGE changed te trade district prize for top 250 players to only fot 1st place..??? that's a kick in the face for those players who went to extreme measures to reach top 250. and now all we get is a louzy fusion deco nobody wants? Seems another money grabbing scam to me
Soul4Life2 @ nl 1

Comments

• MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 131
    Some players spent hundreds of thousands of nomad tablets to get into top 250 and now all they'll get is some fusion deco.
    I don't care if it's a visual glitch, these players should receive the rewards they played for.
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    edited 25.11.2020
    "As you might've noticed the rewards for our currently running Seasonal Nobility Contest changed after today's update. 
    This was indeed not planned and occurred due to a technical issue. We will revert the rewards of the Seasonal Nobility Contest to the ones that were running before the eventual update changed them."

trade district has been only for 1st place for this seasonal, and accidentally was moved to top 250 bracket after this morning's update. The unintentional change was reverted.
    Misunderstood. Statement retracted
    Post edited by JYT (US1) on
    Discord: JYT#1574
    It was an unintentional change, I understand that.
    But a change is still a change. I believe it is fair for the players who ended in top 250 to get the rewards that they were promised, intentional or not.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    These situations show the class (or lack thereof) of the Company in question.  Those who are High Class who really care about their Customers and their own Reputation honor errors, misprints, etc.  Those who are NOT and DON'T, post a little sign up that says: Due to a misprint we cannot honor the sale price on the bacon flavored doughnut that was advertised over the weekend.

I think we all know what group GGS falls into........ 
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,353
    This was an incidental change that was reverted. The rewards on offer at the start of the event are still on offer. As for the next run you should see some changes.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    This was an incidental change that was reverted. The rewards on offer at the start of the event are still on offer. As for the next run you should see some changes.
    But a change is still a change. I believe it is fair for the players who ended in top 250 to get the rewards that they were promised, intentional or not.
  • This was an incidental change that was reverted. The rewards on offer at the start of the event are still on offer. As for the next run you should see some changes.

I for one am always in the top 250 - feeding hungry troops keeps me there - but didn't notice the change - having missed out on the military district as a reward (for top100) a few times can comiserate but hey it's GGs - you should know better - having played nearly 8 yrs a certain cynicism come into play - unexpected downtime = wtf they broken now and similar thoughts. B)
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,361

I for one am always in the top 250 - feeding hungry troops keeps me there - but didn't notice the change - having missed out on the military district as a reward (for top100) a few times can comiserate but hey it's GGs - you should know better - having played nearly 8 yrs a certain cynicism come into play - unexpected downtime = wtf they broken now and similar thoughts. B)
    it wasn't unexpected it was announced at 14.54 hrs today
    flug @ nl 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    Just remember this GGE screw up rule and you'll never be disappointed and virtually never surprised:  GGE shafts players intentionally or not, it never gets fixed(or at least very, very slowly).  GGE gives out, or potentially gives out an accidental benefit to players, (near)instantly fixed with of course some bonus player shafting bug.

See, real easy.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,353
    What was advertised at the start of the event will be provided at the end of the event.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • This was an incidental change that was reverted. The rewards on offer at the start of the event are still on offer. As for the next run you should see some changes.
    "as for the next run you should see some changes" jack squat has changed as of 2 minutes ago when the new ice championship started, sooooooo what's the truth here crom? From my POV nothing has changed, as well as once you complete the event you need 100k season points (??? who tf is getting that many) to finish it again, used to be like 3-4k the second time, but that is a separate issue in itself.

What was advertised at the start of the event will be provided at the end of the event.
    Whatever is advertised at any point during the event should be provided at the end of the event.
    I really don't get how that's so hard to understand.
    What if some player got back from vacation on the day that this visual glitch occurred, decided to buy a seasonal booster and spend a couple hundred thousand nomad tablets, because he sees this great reward. Only for GGS to go "oopsies you get a fushion deco now".
    That is litteraly a scam, no other way around it.

"as for the next run you should see some changes" jack squat has changed as of 2 minutes ago when the new ice championship started, sooooooo what's the truth here crom? From my POV nothing has changed, as well as once you complete the event you need 100k season points (??? who tf is getting that many) to finish it again, used to be like 3-4k the second time, but that is a separate issue in itself.
    The top 250 players can now compete for a trade district and I believe the top 1 reward changed too.
  • Just checked on the NEW Ice Championship event in the US game - it says (again this round early) the first 250 get a TRADE DISTRICT as a reward. Because of the "oops, sorry, you DONT get that but HEY, here's a crap deco for you instead" attitude LAST round, I'm hesitant to even try or waste rubies, event boosters, etc - on this event. I'm getting more and more jaded with the MORE THAN APPARENT lack of caring or consideration for players of this game by the company/officers/stock holders of GGE, and have really slacked down on my playing. I've found a new appreciation for my trusty PS4 and Assassins Creed games; I get more fulfillment out of playing them with a small initial investment for a game ONE TIME ONLY. And without any further cash, I can play for months without spending another dime, get strong, win tons of trophies, slay and assassinate hundreds of thousands of warriors and not have to babysit or keep upgrading to stay ahead of the game as others throw more cash in to void the hundreds of dollars (and probably more) I've already spent to stay "in the game" without being flamed daily. 

So keep up the shady dealings, GGE. Many are drifting away - and not many are joining. I've seen all the room you've added around my castles and ops, and no one's grabbing it. Which to ME is a sure sign that you're losing us one by one. Enjoy the money being spent now, while it lasts... I can see how popular and relevant this game is, and how downhill its going - faster and faster, as the heartbeat slows steadily until the game is officially DEAD. 

Just my 2 cents worth. That and $2 will get you a decent cup of coffee. And THAT is money well-spent. Unlike anything I've pumped into this game over 2 years - 
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,221
    In the announcement we informed you all that it wasn't meant to show as a reward and that it would be back during this LTPE run.
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,210
    Ye it was an accidental , because of update.

And top 250 will get trade district which is fantastic and much appreciated , but top prize is worth about 15k rubies , so i will not go all out to win all i want to be in top 250 , i was 5th last time and put a lot of effort in it.

But no need this time , because i can hit towers for 3 days and buy one , but like i said i will be happy to win a trading district.

But what would entice me more if i could win the Materials from Beyond the Horizon and the relic buildings 

Thankyou GGE
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file