Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,090
    So far 2 questions on things that happened today in BtH.

#1 - My first City-State Cap was 2.5 mins away from landing when the 1 Minute warning of shut down alerted.  After we came back up, there was NO message in my inbox, NO Cap underway, NO troops anywhere to be found, the Castle Gardens I sold to buy the troops were still gone, and the coins were still at the same amount after having purchased them.

#2 - Hitting a Capital I received a No Battle report.  The message is that "the target is no longer being held by its original owner or it's under protection."  Hold on....... AFAIK, the Capital cannot be passed to another "owner" and even if the "owner" is under the bird, you can still hit it.  Proof of this is seen below.

1 - The No Battle message:

2 - My troops marching away from the actual Capital, so it isn't a creative naming of a different property:

3 - Proof that you CAN hit a Capital that is under the bird.  I did it here:

Once again, there are irregularities in how BtH plays...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Hello Wasso,

This seems to be related to the server downtime, your best bet would be to contact support.
    Hello Wasso,

This seems to be related to the server downtime, your best bet would be to contact support.
    Sure, #1 was.  But, #2 was hours later and after logging out of BtH and back in later.

Support will have nothing to offer, as there was no loss.  Just reporting it for feedback to be passed along......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 979
    I think GGE really ought to look at BTH and scoring as the current scheme CANNOT be the most profitable.  That the 6th place alliance got ~9x of that of 7th, ~20x of 10th, ~250x of 50th or ~100x of 100th. Sure first got 50% more influence than 6th but that really only illustrates how top heavy the scoring/scheme is.  Some rough math here: 132 players get 90%+(rough top of the head math here) really demotivates the 99% of players who took part.  Change the scoring to make it far less indicative of how much you spend at the top and far less dependent on luck at the lower end of the scale.  In short add a big pile of needed skill to this event because as it is right now it's a big ****ing joke.
    I think GGE really ought to look at BTH and scoring as the current scheme CANNOT be the most profitable.  That the 6th place alliance got ~9x of that of 7th, ~20x of 10th, ~250x of 50th or ~100x of 100th. Sure first got 50% more influence than 6th but that really only illustrates how top heavy the scoring/scheme is.  Some rough math here: 132 players get 90%+(rough top of the head math here) really demotivates the 99% of players who took part.  Change the scoring to make it far less indicative of how much you spend at the top and far less dependent on luck at the lower end of the scale.  In short add a big pile of needed skill to this event because as it is right now it's a big ****ing joke.
    I would be curious to know how much was spent on 1st - 6th.  You never know.  They could have spent more than 7th - 1000th combined...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sure they could have, but I'd venture that 1-6 would probably spend that no matter what.  I'm saying that if 7-1000 thought that they had a decent shot at being competitive instead of mere cannon fodder that as a group they would spend more.
  • geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) US1 Posts: 946
    @Wasso (INT3)  Thanks.  West was the only direction I didn't check.  Kind of bad if you got plopped down on the east side...
    That is one of the reasons I don't join until the later half of the 2nd day.  Keeps you in a City-State area longer.  Still, one often has to take the free move and strategically place the castle on the 3rd or 4th day.

In case anyone is wondering if the Never-Buyer can get the rewards, here are my final numbers:

Ended in Event:  474th place.  Alliance = 102452.  Personal: 4738.  Total at end = 107190

Ended in Main:  739th place.  Total = 107,190.

3.5 hours from the end was pretty entertaining.  I had a City-State that was going to pay out before the 2 hour mark.  I had to fight off 3 different Caps on it and was able to ignore the 4th as it was landing AFTER the time expired.  LOL!  As for the final 2 hours, I had 20-something attacks on my Capital, and I only evacuated for 2 of them.  I was sitting on 2200 Def troops at the end and still had 150k gold to buy more.

Could have stayed in for those 2 as well.............
    How many of the build materials were earned is the question. 
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
    @Wasso (INT3)  Thanks.  West was the only direction I didn't check.  Kind of bad if you got plopped down on the east side...
    That is one of the reasons I don't join until the later half of the 2nd day.  Keeps you in a City-State area longer.  Still, one often has to take the free move and strategically place the castle on the 3rd or 4th day.

In case anyone is wondering if the Never-Buyer can get the rewards, here are my final numbers:

Ended in Event:  474th place.  Alliance = 102452.  Personal: 4738.  Total at end = 107190

Ended in Main:  739th place.  Total = 107,190.

3.5 hours from the end was pretty entertaining.  I had a City-State that was going to pay out before the 2 hour mark.  I had to fight off 3 different Caps on it and was able to ignore the 4th as it was landing AFTER the time expired.  LOL!  As for the final 2 hours, I had 20-something attacks on my Capital, and I only evacuated for 2 of them.  I was sitting on 2200 Def troops at the end and still had 150k gold to buy more.

Could have stayed in for those 2 as well.............
    How many of the build materials were earned is the question. 
    I don't have the amount memorized, sorry!  But, it is enough to make 3 of the Premium relic food production build items.  (+1,100 food production per hour)  

Got the same again this last BtH for 971st place with only 40,034  influence.  ZERO Spend......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• HeroAzure (US1)HeroAzure (US1) US1 Posts: 228
    Beyond The Horizon - was probably a great idea that was not thought through.  Reblousou got it right ... the ruby whales in alliances are stripping their 2nd and 3rd alliances so they can place 1st over and over again.

What were you thinking?  You just made it worse for those players who work for a living or choose not to sit in front of their computer screen 24/7 eating hotdogs and what not.

You need to adjust it so that the 1st alliance does not strip down the 2nd and 3rd level alliances as soon as possible or more players will quit the game or come to resent it.

HeroAzure @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Sam Hurt, Title Cactus Cat
  • lol an alliance event for the top 20 alliances - what a joke - we are struggling to recruit and hold members - another nail in the coffin !

A year on and BTH is an eliteist club for ruby whales !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • took Goodgame studios over a year to fix the horizon rewards. They have added all these new buildings that require an immense amount of construction tokens without correctly adjusting the ratios of the construction token to upgrade token rewards in outer realms. Horizon event has been out for over a year and hardly anyone has finished any of the food items I know a guy who has done every single horizon event for over a year now and he hasnt got a lvl 20 food item it will probably take more than a year to get the new relic buildings that cost tokens. I mean if I have to play rthe outer realms event every event for over a year and I know I still wont have enough tokens to finish the relic buildings whats the point? I am not going to spend 7 days playing an event 26 times a year knowing it wont give me enough tokens to use the stuff in the new update. I mean after a year the 'new update' isnt even new anymore and there will probably be new stuff it is impossible to catch up and max an account by the time you get to use the stuff you have spent years getting a new thing comes out if ur going to add new buildings increase the rewards!
    Judge me by my size, do you?

You will find only what you bring in.

If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are… a different game you should play.
  • I've noticed with Beyond the Horizon, smaller alliances can get and have gotten picked apart by larger ruby whale alliances. And GGE has made it impossible for the smaller alliances to even attack ruby whales in BTH because they are at such a high level. They get blocked, but those massive groups can continually hammer those significantly smaller without fear or threat of retaliation from them. It hinders anyone from playing there without spending money and shows favoritism to those with wallets for GGE. In a game where we get asked to take a survey every so often and see if it is fair to all, either GGE forces the large ruby whales to fight each other in BTH and allow for some type of tiers with level ranges for who they can fight so it actually is fair, or make it so anyone, no matter their level, can attack any capital in BTH event.  
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,164
    I've noticed with Beyond the Horizon, smaller alliances can get and have gotten picked apart by larger ruby whale alliances. And GGE has made it impossible for the smaller alliances to even attack ruby whales in BTH because they are at such a high level. They get blocked, but those massive groups can continually hammer those significantly smaller without fear or threat of retaliation from them. It hinders anyone from playing there without spending money and shows favoritism to those with wallets for GGE. In a game where we get asked to take a survey every so often and see if it is fair to all, either GGE forces the large ruby whales to fight each other in BTH and allow for some type of tiers with level ranges for who they can fight so it actually is fair, or make it so anyone, no matter their level, can attack any capital in BTH event.  
    BtH is nice if you wanna be a sitting duck  :)     alliances join eachother  (should be a programming that a player should be at least 1 week in a alliance before they can join BtH)   so the P2W players are 1 1 alliances attacking the sitting ducks who just try try try
    flug @ nl 1
    I've noticed with Beyond the Horizon, smaller alliances can get and have gotten picked apart by larger ruby whale alliances. And GGE has made it impossible for the smaller alliances to even attack ruby whales in BTH because they are at such a high level. They get blocked, but those massive groups can continually hammer those significantly smaller without fear or threat of retaliation from them. It hinders anyone from playing there without spending money and shows favoritism to those with wallets for GGE. In a game where we get asked to take a survey every so often and see if it is fair to all, either GGE forces the large ruby whales to fight each other in BTH and allow for some type of tiers with level ranges for who they can fight so it actually is fair, or make it so anyone, no matter their level, can attack any capital in BTH event.  
    BtH is nice if you wanna be a sitting duck  :)     alliances join eachother  (should be a programming that a player should be at least 1 week in a alliance before they can join BtH)   so the P2W players are 1 1 alliances attacking the sitting ducks who just try try try
    Stop trying.  :)

I haven't played BtH in a while, but I may do it next round - just to confirm that what I have been saying is still valid.  I don't see any reason it wouldn't be.  ACCEPT that the winners and high placements will go to the heavy ruby buyers.  You want to get those placements, don't fight them, join them.

For the rest of us, be happy with what you can get: the bottom tier rewards............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• The event is indeed a real battle that's fought between the best of the best and the biggest spenders the game has to offer.
    This is to be expected when the rewards are of such an elite tier. I fight for these rewards from time to time.

I have the luxury of having a solid alliance around me of people who all have the same goal in mind and as a result we always reach this target. 

I understand the event isn't easy to play as a lower level spender or a none spender, but I do believe it's possible to an extent. I have done it myself. My number 1 advise would be to establish great international pacts with other alliances and work out deals together
    BTH really needs a couple of little rule changes. 

1)Limit the differential in the number of attacks(successful or not) an alliance can make on any given alliance in a day. 
    2)Get rid of the influence boosters, or at least make visible to the attacked the amount of the boost.
    3)Influence gathering penalty for attacking members/capitol of an alliance that has less than say 1/3 of your alliance's influence.  The concentration of influence at the top of the pile is way too extreme.  Makes the concentration of wealth in the 1% vs the population in India look equal by comparison.

These changes ought to make BTH more interesting to play for all.  Should bring some real strategy into the mix.  I don't get the joy needing to have a clickfest to win anything, but that's all it seems all the events are anymore.  Oh yeah, you get to pay for the clickfest if you want to be competitive(meaning anywhere near the top) on a regular basis.

1)Limit the differential in the number of attacks(successful or not) an alliance can make on any given alliance in a day. 
    2)Get rid of the influence boosters, or at least make visible to the attacked the amount of the boost.
    3)Influence gathering penalty for attacking members/capitol of an alliance that has less than say 1/3 of your alliance's influence.  The concentration of influence at the top of the pile is way too extreme.  Makes the concentration of wealth in the 1% vs the population in India look equal by comparison.

1) Not going to happen.  
    2) first part not going to happen.  second part could happen, but not real high on their priority list
    3) not going to happen.

Why wouldn't they happen?  It would interfere with revenue generation.

As long as the Top Level Spenders continue to spend the way they do in BtH, there will be no changes to these things.  ONLY when (and IF) they ever get done with all their upgrades, will the possibility of  higher spots going to the mid-spenders, then the low-spenders, and finally (in about 13 years) the resource players..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,164

These changes ought to make BTH more interesting to play for all.  Should bring some real strategy into the mix.  I don't get the joy needing to have a clickfest to win anything, but that's all it seems all the events are anymore.  Oh yeah, you get to pay for the clickfest if you want to be competitive(meaning anywhere near the top) on a regular basis.

and to add at it, it should be an alliance based event , so no pacts between the spenders in 1 alliance , the same alliance as in the main world.  players should be in an alliances for at least one week.
    flug @ nl 1
    Another thing the GGE should do, that isn't a rule change but a common sense procedural change:  Vary the point/influence collection time as well as the event end time, AND the day of week that the event ends.

Why common sense?  Not everyone lives on European time and in fact the bulk of the world population can reasonably be expected to be ACTUALLY WORKING at the time this currently happens. The same idea would apply to the end day of week bit - I hope the thinking on this is not a bridge too far for the GGE braintrust(such as it is).  Besides if they moved the stuff around, at some point the event would end when GGE is ACTUALLY AT WORK.

Hasn't anybody at GGE ever wondered why the results are so Euro skewed?
  • As fun as BTH may be, this event will doom all smaller players and alliances as it is continuously making the game very unbalanced. 15 of the top 20 alliances gang up together, then the other 5 also team up, leaving the rest with the crumbs. 
    They scam the event by exchanging influence between each other and individual players can never make top 400, unless they are part of the so called "elite". 

Unless GGE does something about it, it might be too late by now, this is going to be the end for all of us, the regular players.
Sign In to comment.