Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Some good changes and updates for Empire (my opinion)

Here I've compiled a list of 3 things that should be added or fixed the most. It's in my opinion. 
It's in an order of importance.

1st. Storm Islands
Storm is basically useless now. There's nothing you can really get out of it expect for a few troops and some rubies for the alliance, and don't forget that you can literally get the same amount or more in just FOUR DAYS (one event). What would be nice to see in Storm would be something more interesting and invigorating for people to play. Consider ruby prizes, build items, the possibility is endless. What I would do is make it a surprise- you attack a storm native (make the defense sorta-hard so you can't just farm, like around 3-3.5k defenders with a decent cast) and you can get the following:
Best reward: Limited look item for comms with flank and front space, and if they are lucky, maybe a few extra waves (but make it very hard)
Second best: 1000 upgrade tokens or 350 construction tokens- this solves the problem of too little amounts of relic tokens as well.
Third: 2500 to 1000 rubies plus 50-75k coins
The rest can be premium tools, equipment (relic), etc. Don't make it too hard to get the rewards though. Make it worth it.

2nd. Make the game more playable for non-rubies.
Yes, they have done a good job of it (kind of) with the addition of the Master Blacksmith and extra silver and gold, but it's still way not fair enough. Both sides need to be able to thrive. You can't level up hospitals, stables, etc without rubies which are extremely hard to obtain as a f2p. Yes you may think you are pretty clever making everything cost so much so that they will buy from you, but to be honest it's just killing the game. Nobody will play anymore if they realize they have to spend thousands of dollars on this GAME and I'm sure people don't have the money for that. You need to increase ruby rewards for everyone, and fixing storm and adding in ruby rewards on events or in storm is a perfect way to solve it.

3rd. Capitals and Metros
By now, Capitals and Metros are basically useless. The "special" troops everyone can just get normally now and don't really make any sense to put in Capitals. They need new, more invigorating things for it to actually make sense to hold. In my opinion, Capitals should give special or something of the like- maybe like extra gold and silver, extra troops, maybe more construction tokens, weekly or daily. Metros have a good concept but now it's outdated (100k production and gives 250 food bonus? wtf?). I would say it should give a 25% and make sure it's PERCENT not 25 food bonus. That would make it worth it.  

Comments

• geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) US1 Posts: 946
    edited 09.11.2020
    Here I've compiled a list of 3 things that should be added or fixed the most. It's in my opinion. 

1st. Storm Islands
    Storm is basically useless now. There's nothing you can really get out of it expect for a few troops and some rubies for the alliance, and don't forget that you can literally get the same amount or more in just FOUR DAYS (one event). What would be nice to see in Storm would be something more interesting and invigorating for people to play. Consider ruby prizes, build items, the possibility is endless. What I would do is make it a surprise- you attack a storm native (make the defense sorta-hard so you can't just farm, like around 3-3.5k defenders with a decent cast) and you can get the following:
    Best reward: Limited look item for comms with flank and front space, and if they are lucky, maybe a few extra waves (but make it very hard)
    Second best: 1000 upgrade tokens or 350 construction tokens- this solves the problem of too little amounts of relic tokens as well.
    The rest can be premium tools, equipment (relic), etc. Don't make it too hard to get the rewards though. Make it worth it.

Yes, they have done a good job of it (kind of) with the addition of the Master Blacksmith and extra silver and gold, but it's still way not fair enough. Both sides need to be able to thrive. You can't level up hospitals, stables, etc without rubies which are extremely hard to obtain as a f2p. Yes you may think you are pretty clever making everything cost so much so that they will buy from you, but to be honest it's just killing the game. Nobody will play anymore if they realize they have to spend thousands of dollars on this GAME and I'm sure people don't have the money for that. You need to increase ruby rewards for everyone, and fixing storm and adding in ruby rewards on events or in storm is a perfect way to solve it.

3rd. Capitals and Metros
    By now, Capitals and Metros are basically useless. The "special" troops everyone can just get normally now and don't really make any sense to put in Capitals. They need new, more invigorating things for it to actually make sense to hold. In my opinion, Capitals should give special or something of the like- maybe like extra gold and silver, extra troops, maybe more construction tokens, weekly or daily. Metros have a good concept but now it's outdated (100k production and gives 250 food bonus? wtf?). I would say it should give a 25% and make sure it's PERCENT not 25 food bonus. That would make it worth it.  

While all these ideas are indeed good they fall upon deaf ears. I actually can't remember the last time an idea in the forums was even implemented by GGE. Somehow we live in the most technologically advanced time yet there seems to be no way to actually communicate with GG other than with our wallets. It is actually impossible for a non-ruby buyer to compete even with the master blacksmith. The second you remember that 5 wave look items exist and that ruby buyers can buy 100k vet demons for little cost you realize that anyone who is not a whale has absolutely no chance to compete at the top.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895

1st. Storm Islands

3rd. Capitals and Metros

Giving storm forts many of the same rewards as fortune teller is an interesting concept, but it would devalue rubies significantly. However, revamping the rewards and ranking is a must. Measuring total aquamarine collection is a better option, along with updating lunas boat. We've been asking for that for a long time now, but hopefully, one day it'll happen.
    The rewards you suggest are far too valuable to be gotten from defeating 3-3.5k castles, even with 4 waves. Lvl 4 daimyo camps are comparably strong, but daimyo rewards are not nearly as valuable as the ones you suggest, yet are some of the most powerful things an f2p like myself can access.

Recent updates have made collecting rubies pretty easy for f2p, even ones that only play events. To be honest, I had been dreading the day rubies could be gotten from events for several years, because...well to be honest, I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm an old player from before the days of events, and think that rubies should only come from towers. I dunno. But it's no longer a big challenge to max bakeries, stables, and watchtower in 7 castles, it just takes some dedication.

Many rewards and once-special things are no longer unique, and that's just a result of uncontrolled inflation by the devs. They probably aren't going to stop now lol but one can hope :)
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,341
    We are pushing hard for a review of Storm Islands, no idea if we will be listened to but I personally agree that it is an event we could revise.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    We are pushing hard for a review of Storm Islands, no idea if we will be listened to but I personally agree that it is an event we could revise.
    They'll probably find another way to further the difference in power between whales and non-buyers/occasional-buyers before they do that. I just find myself wondering why would I even sink more time into the game when no matter how much I play I could never compete with the top 100 players unless I drop big money on the game. 
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,090
    edited 14.11.2020
    They'll probably find another way to further the difference in power between whales and non-buyers/occasional-buyers before they do that. I just find myself wondering why would I even sink more time into the game when no matter how much I play I could never compete with the top 100 players unless I drop big money on the game. 
    Don't try to compete with the top 100.  They will ALWAYS be the big senders.  As a Never-Spender, I know what I can expect from this game........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Don't try to compete with the top 100.  They will ALWAYS be the big senders.  As a Never-Spender, I know what I can expect from this game........
    Well this is supposed to be a competitive game. I've said this many times, but a good "free to play" should make it to where spending in the game gives you either cosmetics, quality of life things and maybe a slight gameplay advantage. Spending in a free to play should never allow you to outright win every time unless you are fighting against another whale. In a competitive game you should be striving to move up, but there is a ceiling for those who are not whales. The ceiling ruins the entire point of the game. My point is that the game in it's current state is fundamental garbage and nothing more. There is absolutely no concept of skill in the game. Then again I did start playing during a time when the game wasn't based around how much you spend because there were only slight gameplay advantages. 
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png

• While all these ideas are indeed good they fall upon deaf ears. I actually can't remember the last time an idea in the forums was even implemented by GGE. Somehow we live in the most technologically advanced time yet there seems to be no way to actually communicate with GG other than with our wallets. It is actually impossible for a non-ruby buyer to compete even with the master blacksmith. The second you remember that 5 wave look items exist and that ruby buyers can buy 100k vet demons for little cost you realize that anyone who is not a whale has absolutely no chance to compete at the top.

The only Idea's implemented were those said sarcastically - just be careful what you say !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    Well this is supposed to be a competitive game. I've said this many times, but a good "free to play" should make it to where spending in the game gives you either cosmetics, quality of life things and maybe a slight gameplay advantage. Spending in a free to play should never allow you to outright win every time unless you are fighting against another whale. In a competitive game you should be striving to move up, but there is a ceiling for those who are not whales. The ceiling ruins the entire point of the game. My point is that the game in it's current state is fundamental garbage and nothing more. There is absolutely no concept of skill in the game. Then again I did start playing during a time when the game wasn't based around how much you spend because there were only slight gameplay advantages. 
    That would indeed be nice.  But, as you said, that isn't the current state of the game.  I also very much enjoyed the few months that INT3 was a NON-Event server.  But, I bet that the revenue flow was much Much lower..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Here I've compiled a list of 3 things that should be added or fixed the most. It's in my opinion. 

1st. Storm Islands

3rd. Capitals and Metros

While all these ideas are indeed good they fall upon deaf ears. I actually can't remember the last time an idea in the forums was even implemented by GGE. Somehow we live in the most technologically advanced time yet there seems to be no way to actually communicate with GG other than with our wallets. It is actually impossible for a non-ruby buyer to compete even with the master blacksmith. The second you remember that 5 wave look items exist and that ruby buyers can buy 100k vet demons for little cost you realize that anyone who is not a whale has absolutely no chance to compete at the top.
    Very true. However as a F2P you can beat them in events. I'm able to sustain at least Supreme Commander by sheer amounts of attacks I send, and top 50 in Nomad by using my time well. Though in a war, all is lost.
  • We are pushing hard for a review of Storm Islands, no idea if we will be listened to but I personally agree that it is an event we could revise.
    Not me. My entire goal is beating the Whales and it's going quite well. I've even a War Advisor for a while in Beri by beating the Whales on sheer amounts of attacks and etc. I send, but I don't know how long I can hold that. For Nomads and Sammy I almost always get into top 100, and frequently if I try top 50. Although that's only INT3.
    Not me. My entire goal is beating the Whales and it's going quite well. I've even a War Advisor for a while in Beri by beating the Whales on sheer amounts of attacks and etc. I send, but I don't know how long I can hold that. For Nomads and Sammy I almost always get into top 100, and frequently if I try top 50. Although that's only INT3.
    Yeah, I eat your dust quite often.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• We are pushing hard for a review of Storm Islands, no idea if we will be listened to but I personally agree that it is an event we could revise.
    Yeah, I eat your dust quite often.........
    Don't lose hope

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file