Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Debate about the recently added advertisements

Comments

• ZoeZoe Moderator Posts: 16,822

cute
    Seems you start getting this personally.... Are you sure you're in right position after all?
    Hello,
    I’d like to interrupt here...
    It’s important to keep in mind a few things. Firstly, (we) mods are players like you, who do this voluntarily in our free time. Secondly, mods do a lot more than just respond to your posts and post announcements - the bigger part of what we do (like forward feedback and issues) is actually “invisible”. 
    And even if there’s no reaction (response) to a comment, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t noticed - in 99% cases it was read and the feedback from it was forwarded. 

From what I can judge, Poseidon belongs to my best mod colleagues and he does great job in forwarding your feedback and supporting it with reasonable arguments :) 

And if he took it personally? Well, it was directed to him, so he kind of should, right? :D if you imagine you’re doing your best, given your position and your rights, and someone says you’re not good enough, you’ll probably agree with me that it doesn’t feel great... 

Besides, there’s truly not point in staying somewhere where you’re unhappy.... which is just a common fact, isn’t it? 
    And anyone who feels like they’d do better as a moderator can apply to this position via the form on the main page of forum.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 07.11.2020
    @Zoe

Still my favorite Mod................ :)
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,449
    Hello everyone, I hope you are all feeling well.

I have noticed the threads criticizing the ads have become quite a mess, so. 
    I would like to say a few things about the advertisements that have made their way in the game with the most recent update.

For starters I would like to inform you all that we have been requested to give our feedback on how badly these ads prevent you from playing the game. I can only speak for myself but I have made it clear that there are a few situations in which an ad will pop up at a very unfortunate time.
    I hope this leads to some changes.

To save everyone some time I will post some FAQ's
    Q: Why am I seeing ads?
    A: These were implemented in the latest update and are being shown to none spending players.

Q: How do I get rid of these ads?
    A: Buying any amount of rubies will get rid of these ads for 60 days.

Q: How many ads do I get?
    A: Unfortunately I am not allowed to disclose this number. 

Q: Can I use an ad-blocker?
    A: According to the Terms of Service you can not.

Q: I bought rubies in the Outer realms event but I am still getting ads on my main account, what's up with that?
    A: Unfortunately this seems to happen due to your outer realms account being separate. I will try to get this issue changed/fixed as soon as possible.

I hope this answers most of your questions, if you however have any others questions, feel free to post them under this thread.

I will continue to forward your and my feedback (which is generally the same when it comes to ads) to push for a change.
    We can't promise anything but it's a good sign that we were asked about how badly they obstruct gameplay.

Now I wish you all a great weekend, with hopefully, not too many ads.

~Poseidon

@Zoe

Still my favorite Mod................ :)
    She sure is fantastic.
    Which reminds me, thank you for your kind words @Zoe
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    For starters I would like to inform you all that we have been requested to give our feedback on how badly these ads prevent you from playing the game. I can only speak for myself but I have made it clear that there are a few situations in which an ad will pop up at a very unfortunate time.
    I hope this leads to some changes.

BEST news we have seen since this began.  Thank you for posting it.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• BM_NineBM_Nine Moderator Posts: 502

I 100% agree.

Poseidon is a cool guy and tries to help all of you, also he reports bugs I never heard of and probably has the best knowledge. So you can be happy to have him as your mod. You know, it's sometimes hard to motivate yourself to answer every post, if you are going to be verbally attacked. You can say your opinion to every change(follow Community Guidelines and ToS tho), but you don't need to insult a Mod, CM, or any GGS employee. We want to help you guys, so respect, from both sides, would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

BM Nine

• FreyaFreya Moderator Posts: 2,073
    cute
    Seems you start getting this personally.... Are you sure you're in right position after all?
    BM_Nine said:

I 100% agree.

Poseidon is a cool guy and tries to help all of you, also he reports bugs I never heard of and probably has the best knowledge. So you can be happy to have him as your mod. You know, it's sometimes hard to motivate yourself to answer every post, if you are going to be verbally attacked. You can say your opinion to every change(follow Community Guidelines and ToS tho), but you don't need to insult a Mod, CM, or any GGS employee. We want to help you guys, so respect, from both sides, would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

BM Nine

1000% agree
    Yes,
    Poseidon is in right position. Even the moderator can express his opinion. :)
    He just try to help you all, like most other mods. And I think he is very good mod (one of the most active mods)  and you can be happy to have him.  We also appreciate when you are polite to each other and of course also towards us.
     :smile:

Zoe said:

cute
    Hello,
    I’d like to interrupt here...
    It’s important to keep in mind a few things. Firstly, (we) mods are players like you, who do this voluntarily in our free time. Secondly, mods do a lot more than just respond to your posts and post announcements - the bigger part of what we do (like forward feedback and issues) is actually “invisible”. 
    And even if there’s no reaction (response) to a comment, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t noticed - in 99% cases it was read and the feedback from it was forwarded. 

From what I can judge, Poseidon belongs to my best mod colleagues and he does great job in forwarding your feedback and supporting it with reasonable arguments :) 

And if he took it personally? Well, it was directed to him, so he kind of should, right? :D if you imagine you’re doing your best, given your position and your rights, and someone says you’re not good enough, you’ll probably agree with me that it doesn’t feel great... 

Besides, there’s truly not point in staying somewhere where you’re unhappy.... which is just a common fact, isn’t it? 
    And anyone who feels like they’d do better as a moderator can apply to this position via the form on the main page of forum.
    Woah whos this guy

Crom just keeps sending in new guys so he can keep hiding...
    Woah, let me introduce myself - Zoe, CZ/SK mod at your service (or more like on a short visit here, standing up for a friend) :D 

The role of CMs has changed over years - there used to be one or even more CMs for each language/community, now (from the end of 2016, when huge restructuring happened - I believe there was an announcement about it) we have far less CMs for all empire communities together. Therefore they don’t have so much time to spend on forums anymore, however they’re in daily contact with mods - who forwards players’ feedback/questions/concerns all the time. 

And also shortly about what you said in the other post. 
    Maybe if there was actually an goodgamegreed employee here we could direct the anger towards you would be spared but goodgamestudios wanna hog all the cash to themselves so all the players get are volunteers.
    There is no cz/sk CM, yet there’s not hate directed towards mods on our forum - the absence of direct ggs employee is not an excuse to direct your anger towards mods. 
    On top of that, reasonable feedback, with valid points/reasons/explanations (yet I agree sometimes they’re not necessary) have far wider reach than pure hate/anger - so it you say “I don’t like feature X because ....” it’s simply more valuable than saying “I absolutely hate feature X, it’s stupid”.

However, I believe reaction of other mods was mainly about someone saying Poseidon isn’t suitable for mod position, not about the way players of this forum provide their feedback and express themselves in other cases, just like mine (because unlike players, we see the part of mods work which is invisible to it players’ eyes) :) 

Anyway thank you for being brave enough to post, we were afraid we scared you all by suddenly appearing here :D 
  • FreyaFreya Moderator Posts: 2,073
    Oh is this forum on the all the forums now lmao i was thinking no way gge care enough about gb1 to give us more mods on the server lmao.
    Hello,
     I´m Freya  
    also CZ/SK mod. 

"Crom just keeps sending in new guys so he can keep hiding..." 

No. No one is hiding. I believe he just can´t spend all time here, because CMs have a lot of work. And for all forums and two games are only 3. As Zoe said we communicate with them and forward issues, bugs and suggestions. 
    And I also sometimes just read forum, without reacting, when i don´t have time to reply. That doesn't mean the moderators and CM aren't here. :)

"However, I believe reaction of other mods was mainly about someone saying Poseidon isn’t suitable for mod position, not about the way players of this forum provide their feedback and express themselves in other cases, just like mine (because unlike players, we see the part of mods work which is invisible to it players’ eyes)  "

Exactly.
    It was just friendly visit to your forum in support of our colleague, nothing more :D
    So ...have a nice evening to all  :D

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,521
    edited 08.11.2020
    Freya said:
    Oh is this forum on the all the forums now lmao i was thinking no way gge care enough about gb1 to give us more mods on the server lmao.
    Hello,
     I´m Freya  
    also CZ/SK mod. 

"Crom just keeps sending in new guys so he can keep hiding..." 

No. No one is hiding. I believe he just can´t spend all time here, because CMs have a lot of work. And for all forums and two games are only 3. As Zoe said we communicate with them and forward issues, bugs and suggestions. 
    And I also sometimes just read forum, without reacting, when i don´t have time to reply. That doesn't mean the moderators and CM aren't here. :)

"However, I believe reaction of other mods was mainly about someone saying Poseidon isn’t suitable for mod position, not about the way players of this forum provide their feedback and express themselves in other cases, just like mine (because unlike players, we see the part of mods work which is invisible to it players’ eyes)  "

Exactly.
    It was just friendly visit to your forum in support of our colleague, nothing more :D
    So ...have a nice evening to all  :D

flug @ nl 1
    edited 09.11.2020
    With the ads, you have a situation with the Mod again putting himself in the firing line, by saying he wouldn't believe players versions of things, but that there was a hard cap on numbers of ads but then wouldn't say how many. Again just adding fuel to the fire.
    Like I already said, I had official information which directly challenged what was said about the limit.
    According to this player you could get 60+ ads an hour.
    I am not allowed to disclose how many you can get, but it's not 60. 

For starters, the player had roughly 10 minutes of testing and based his conclusion off that.
    I know what the cap is set at, I have also been told I could not share this information, nothing I can do about that.
    But because I have this information it was safe to say this player's statement was false.

I pointed it out to prevent discussions about the ridiculousness of getting 60 ads an hour.
    Discussions about that would be silly as you can't get 60 of them. 

What's good for the goose, is good for the Gander.
    The player probably took the criticism personally when told they were complaining about all aspects of the game, and if they weren't happy then they should leave.
    I believe I told the player in question that you shouldn't play a game you don't enjoy.

There is also the topic of the ToS frustrations with players fed up with GGE implementing some parts of it, and not others. The moderator has made a stand for GGE which is guaranteed to add to those frustrations, especially when players are doing what they are supposed to be doing when they take complaints about shells and multi's to support regarding breaches of ToS, and either being ignored or fobbed off. They will naturally bring it to the forums to see what other players think.
    Alright listen up, I 100% stand with the players in my hatred towards cheats in online games.
    They shouldn't be a thing, but you got to understand it's not at all easy to prevent it.

I am also often disappointed when someone cheats and doesn't get banned as a result.
    When you said I took a stand for GGS I presume you mean that I have said that it's not easy to prevent these cheats and or detect them. I would like to clarify that this is not an excuse for not trying to prevent it.

You mention that players go to the forum in order to discuss their support tickets.
    I want to say that certainly understand that you want to do this.
    But it's both against the forum rules and it won't get you what you want; a ban for the cheater.
    Post edited by Poseidon X Angel on
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,241
    cheats "CHEATS" . I have given up on GGE ability to do anything about VPN and cheap accounts.
    Int 1 is rife with cheats Players from German GGE and Arab have been brought over just to take property from us.

Ask support to help NOTHING they took property and fill with 3 million support, and being a normal player and it would cost a fortune to buy enough to combat the CHEATS,

3 weeks on nothing and this alliance has a MODERATOR in it so i guess it must be legal .

CAN I DO THE SAME THEN

Come on mods try to defend that
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    I have to put my .02 in here.  For all practical purposes the CMs(Crom in particular) have vanished from this forum and when present are not exactly friendly or helpful.  As for the volunteer mods, the english language forum has ONE mod for a forum that covers THREE english speaking servers as well as apparently the 2 international servers.  The players here pretty much feel ignored and abandoned by GGE, leading to much of the vitriol on this forum.

As for Poseidon as a mod, I must say he frequently comes across as arrogant, and dismissive as well as a mouthpiece for GGE.  This has not been an unusual circumstance for mods here in the english forum.  Might be because most of them are/were in high performing top tier alliances, which have a distinctly different playing experience from those not in those top tier alliances.

I thank the volunteer mods for their efforts because it pretty much is a thankless no win situation/job.
  • geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) US1 Posts: 946
    Game is trash. If a non-buyer can't remotely compete with a top whale the game isn't even game anymore. The concept of skill in this game has completely vanished in the past few years.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
    Quote ...Zoe..
    And if he took it personally? Well, it was directed to him, so he kind of should, right? D if you imagine you’re doing your best, given your position and your rights, and someone says you’re not good enough, you’ll probably agree with me that it doesn’t feel great... 

What's good for the goose, is good for the Gander.
    The player probably took the criticism personally when told they were complaining about all aspects of the game, and if they weren't happy then they should leave. It is a forum, and the comments have been about what has been done to the game by GGE. Things that have changed the direction of the game, and of players fears regarding the long term investments in time and money they have made to it, which it seems we are not supposed to do.
    There is also the topic of the ToS frustrations with players fed up with GGE implementing some parts of it, and not others. The moderator has made a stand for GGE which is guaranteed to add to those frustrations, especially when players are doing what they are supposed to be doing when they take complaints about shells and multi's to support regarding breaches of ToS, and either being ignored or fobbed off. They will naturally bring it to the forums to see what other players think.
    With the ads, you have a situation with the Mod again putting himself in the firing line, by saying he wouldn't believe players versions of things, but that there was a hard cap on numbers of ads but then wouldn't say how many. Again just adding fuel to the fire.
    Its a shame the other Mods thought that they needed to jump in and add support, but hey ho! there you go, obviously I need to interpret statements differently, or go to Discord.....Not..
    Alrighty, so...

Players of course have each and every right to express themselves when they don't like some changes. However, there's a difference between feedback, which is always welcome and forwarded, and hate comments.
    After some time, you notice it's always the same few people who complain (complain rather then give feedback to express their opinions - I explained this difference in one of my previous posts) about everything - and this makes you ask yourself why are they even here, when they seem to hate all the changes and being here only seems to only make them unhapppy. So I believe that if Poseidon suggested anyone to leave if they're not happy, it was not towards a person who provided feedback, but it was towards someone who seems to be overall dissatisfied with everything here (and if something only makes you unhappy, there's just no point in holding onto it).

About ToS, Support has some guidelines which they follow in these cases and mods do not have access to these. Support is also not allowed to tell you how they handle accounts of other users (or so called third-sites) - you probably also wouldn't want them to tell everyone about how your account/punnishment is being handled (if any was to happen).
    On top of that they need to prove the player does truly break the ToS (as for example ingame message saying "I have multi" does not have to be true, and on top of that many people do fake accusations/reports to harm others). 
    I know about people who were banned for breaking ToS - for the already mentioned multiaccounts, so actions are being taken.
    And as Poseidon already said, forum rules do not allow discussing tickets (or any other private conversations), plus we have no influence over how support works - so discussing it here won't bring any difference. 

With the adds, the information "in question" is 60 adds per 60 mins. One add lasts 30 seconds, so even without having an information on how often can the adds appear, everyone should feel like it may be a bit exaggerated (would anyone really stay an hour on game just watching adds, one by one, without being able to play, because 30s are barely enough to do anything?) - and when we have confirmed information this is not possible, I do not feel there's anything wrong with saying it and preventing misleading information from spreading (because "no one denied it so it must be true").

Lastly, I would not say it's shame at all. You don't stand up for your friends/colleagues? I personally believe it's only natural to do so (plus we asked for permission to know he was okay with us interrupting) :)

3 weeks on nothing and this alliance has a MODERATOR in it so i guess it must be legal .
    Mods do not have any ingame rights, we are here to moderate forums. So mod has zero influence over what his alliance members do, just like any other player has no control over his alliance members. 
    I'd also suggest you to avoid further unsubstantiated accusations (in accordance with guidelines - part III 1 A). If you have any proof, support is the right place for this, not forums.

I have to put my .02 in here.  For all practical purposes the CMs(Crom in particular) have vanished from this forum and when present are not exactly friendly or helpful.  As for the volunteer mods, the english language forum has ONE mod for a forum that covers THREE english speaking servers as well as apparently the 2 international servers.  The players here pretty much feel ignored and abandoned by GGE, leading to much of the vitriol on this forum.

As for Poseidon as a mod, I must say he frequently comes across as arrogant, and dismissive as well as a mouthpiece for GGE.  This has not been an unusual circumstance for mods here in the english forum.  Might be because most of them are/were in high performing top tier alliances, which have a distinctly different playing experience from those not in those top tier alliances.

I thank the volunteer mods for their efforts because it pretty much is a thankless no win situation/job.
    For CMs I believe we've already explained it enough.
    I see you've been around since the end of 2015, so you probably remember CMs Arcanine and Evoke and might be comparing with them - it's important to realise there were two of them just for this forum, now we have 3 CMs for two games in total, as Freya said (and you could've noticed drop in messages from Evoke since the restructuring - at the end of 2016, as the tasks of CMs have changed with that and made them more busy). Yet they're still in frequent contact with mods, discussing players' concerns, so they know what's going on even if they don't respond on forum as much as you'd wish for.
    Zoe said:
    The role of CMs has changed over years - there used to be one or even more CMs for each language/community, now (from the end of 2016, when huge restructuring happened - I believe there was an announcement about it) we have far less CMs for all empire communities together. Therefore they don’t have so much time to spend on forums anymore, however they’re in daily contact with mods - who forwards players’ feedback/questions/concerns all the time. 

About mods for english forum, there are four, as far as I know - Poseidon, Thanatos, Neroxnex and Temprance. On top of that, any player is free to apply - however I believe it's not always easy to find suitable "candidate" and GGS can't really change that...

In case you have any complaints about specific moderator, you should firstly contact them privately and try to sort it out. In case you're not able to solve it, you're free to approach CM via private message in that matter (or possibly support, in case you don't get response from CM - I'm not sure how much time they have left for reading/answering PMs), however you should always have specific evidence/examples. 
  • gge has no intreset or pride in their game
    gge has no interest in making the game more of a chalange 

outer realms waste of time 
    horizons just a farm event for allainces like rawside that BUY the top spots lol

nomads/sams/glory event so old they turned to stone
    berrie not worth doing

now pop adds that have NOTHING to do with the game

i was a small rubie buier now im a 0 rubie buyer do to the pop ups

i will NOT spend another nickel till gge improves the game/events 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file