Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Debate about the recently added advertisements

Comments

• lol, still crying about ads... pay £2.49 or install adblock... or both 
    Not paying anything, no matter what.  Installing Adblock is against ToS.

Wtf are people waffling about ads for if u dont use adblocker then ur just asking for them...
    After my last hour, I went ahead and installed it.  Already blocked multiple ads..........

I guess the ToS hasnt stopped you lol
    1 Ad every 5 mins that BLOCKS GAMEPLAY is worth "crying" about.  Not "crying" tears. but "Crying" out of the top of the voice that it is WRONG.  Get an incomming with a short horn and get stuck behind an Ad and THEN tell me  how this is no big deal.
    So how many times have you lost an otherwise perfect defense because you got an ad?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,942
    I guess the ToS hasnt stopped you lol
    That was posted before it was pointed out to me.

CheekyBuilder (GB1) said:

So how many times have you lost an otherwise perfect defense because you got an ad?
    Hasn't happened yet.  BUT, on the FIRST DAY the Ads appeared, I was in the midst of a 14 hit in 3 hours situation.  I believe it was on the 5th hit, that I entered my Castle to make adjustments and GOT THE AD.  Fortunately for me it was one with the SKIP AD button, so I was able to dismiss it and only lost 5 - 10 seconds.  You think we should only bring this issue up AFTER we get wiped due to it?  Not the smartest move,  IMO.

Better to sound the alarm BEFORE the fires start, than after from the ashes..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Better to sound the alarm BEFORE the fires start, than after from the ashes..........
    You have done that, quite often now.
    No need to keep pointing it out, we are aware of this and are trying to improve it.
    But I don't see why you have to keep mentioning it if it hasn't happened yet
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,942

Better to sound the alarm BEFORE the fires start, than after from the ashes..........
    You have done that, quite often now.
    No need to keep pointing it out, we are aware of this and are trying to improve it.
    But I don't see why you have to keep mentioning it if it hasn't happened yet
    I was responding to a post from Cheeky Builder.  You want me to EDIT what I say from now on?  How about you tell Cheeky to read all my posts first before responding to me so i don't HAVE to mention it again?

As for things not happening YET, I suppose I shouldn't demand the city put a fence up around the power transformers that run at 150KV either.  Just because a 5 year old hasn't died from touching it YET............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) GB1 Posts: 667
    lol, still crying about ads... pay £2.49 or install adblock... or both 
    Not paying anything, no matter what.  Installing Adblock is against ToS.

1 Ad every 5 mins that BLOCKS GAMEPLAY is worth "crying" about.  Not "crying" tears. but "Crying" out of the top of the voice that it is WRONG.  Get an incomming with a short horn and get stuck behind an Ad and THEN tell me  how this is no big deal.

im sure they will be adjusted from feedback
    What are you basing that on?  GGS' long  history of "doing right by the F2P players"????  

You want to post me the 2.49 and every other F2P player so we stop "crying"?  Didn't think so.......

I'm not breaking any rules saying this:

I can place all the money i have on the fact that they wont ban people using adblock. Theres too many lol and they make pennies from advertisements anyway compared to if 1 guy spent 99p in his entire lifetime playing the game.

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
    i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
    semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Quoting does NOT ping the poster. Please @ me if you want my attention. Use " for names with spaces, e.g @ "The Torrent (GB1)"

edited 04.11.2020
    I believe it says you are not allowed to run something that blocks ads and trackers, could be mistaken.
    So please read the TOS.
    4.5 It is prohibited to apply measures that hide advertisements. It is of no significance whether advertising is deliberately hidden or can not be displayed in general e.g. by so-called pop-up blockers, text-based browsers, or similar.

Posted it for you.......
    I also just read someone copy and pasting out a paragraph saying that u cant play this game with other programs running, and i would never play this game if i wasn't playing it while complaining about it on the forums or playing Rainbow 6. The tos are a joke and that can be taken as feedback.

Also seems all dns list based resolution list firewalls and network attached firewalls (not blocking locally) that block dns lists are allowed then according to the terms of service itself which you just sent. Am i allowed to advertise these on the forums?

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
    i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
    semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Quoting does NOT ping the poster. Please @ me if you want my attention. Use " for names with spaces, e.g @ "The Torrent (GB1)"

edited 04.11.2020
    -snip-

WATCHING GGE

• Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) GB1 Posts: 257
    Poseidon..

The annoyance of these ads and their interference with regular gameplay is being looked in to....17.16

No need to keep pointing it out, we are aware of this and are trying to improve it.....18.42

Yeh Ok, and we got faith in that...NO.
    17.16...being looked into
    18.42...trying to improve it.
    Nearly the weekend, and going on GGE's record of listening and acting on the forums, much like the crows and FC's castles fiasco, will never get done. Just stonewalled until players fed up or sufficient numbers have left then think about it.
    Its quite simple really, just stop the ad's, don't look into it, dont try to improve it, just put it back as it was and stop being greedy.

Poseidon..

The annoyance of these ads and their interference with regular gameplay is being looked in to....17.16

No need to keep pointing it out, we are aware of this and are trying to improve it.....18.42

Yeh Ok, and we got faith in that...NO.
    17.16...being looked into
    18.42...trying to improve it.
    Nearly the weekend, and going on GGE's record of listening and acting on the forums, much like the crows and FC's castles fiasco, will never get done. Just stonewalled until players fed up or sufficient numbers have left then think about it.
    Its quite simple really, just stop the ad's, don't look into it, dont try to improve it, just put it back as it was and stop being greedy.

im just thinking about how stupid thing ads are to do

so maybe they are trying to just kill off the non regular paying players for the server merge which has been rumoured by some people.

Just thoughts.

WATCHING GGE

• Yeh Ok, and we got faith in that...NO.

Must have missed the fact that something that's extremely time and resources intensive is being done with the Kingdom league rewards after we pushed the complaints thru constantly.
    Just wait and see, they might change something, they might not.

But just know we are trying to get you the best.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    I am.....

a) Very happy that mods do every thing they can and are so glad they give so freely of their time and...
    b) so sad that gge so frequently remind us they are a business (through funding and budgetary constraints) that the (greed) need for the money to reward their shareholders is their only concern (and that means that player satisfaction HAS to be secondary to that last fact...)

Thank you to each and every mod .
  • I have bought minimal Rubies and am still getting this s**t

PS some don't even have the 5 second box due to the preexisting visual bugs etc. - the quickest way is to open the ad and then close the extra tab - did think of spamming the advertisers with requests for compensation - lost time is lost money !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • I am.....

a) Very happy that mods do every thing they can and are so glad they give so freely of their time and...
    b) so sad that gge so frequently remind us they are a business (through funding and budgetary constraints) that the (greed) need for the money to reward their shareholders is their only concern (and that means that player satisfaction HAS to be secondary to that last fact...)

Thank you to each and every mod .
    exactly, all these people harassing the mods when they give up their own time to help out the community. They aren't the developers and don't have the final decision on what happens in the game... its not their fault that ads were brought in. Poseidon has given clear answers to everyone's questions here and I think most of the questions asked can be answered yourselves from just common sense. 
  • bert (NL1)bert (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2
    when i want to log in and i see the add appear i instantly press refesh (f5) en log in once again.

it takes about 3 or 4 seconds and the add is gone.

it works for me.

• wozzell (GB1)wozzell (GB1) GB1 Posts: 88
    Rarely visit the forums these days - find a lot of it a bit too argumentative and not in a constructive way in a lot of  instances (from players and mods)

but strolling through the discussion about the recent introduction of ads and the comments from a player that had a valid point about the subject i was shocked to see a moderator post the comment "not my job, if you don't like it don't play it" -Blimey what happened to customer service? they should put this mod in charge of  public relations! 

p.s  for what its worth (which is obviously nothing to a mod or GGE staff) in my opinion the ads are a pain in the rear/game destroying/ and add to that that i have to pay GGE to remove them they are little more than blackmail.

keep smiling - Wozzell
  • I have always had ad block on my computers as i don't use exclusively for ggs i also block trackers as part of my Browsser - and don't want to disable !

So can i have a refund of all the money i've spent on this game if i'm going to get banned for this ?

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • This has always been against the rules, rules which you agreed to when you created your account.
    But I guess the fact that you have never been banned for it speaks for itself.
  • Rarely visit the forums these days - find a lot of it a bit too argumentative and not in a constructive way in a lot of  instances (from players and mods)

but strolling through the discussion about the recent introduction of ads and the comments from a player that had a valid point about the subject i was shocked to see a moderator post the comment "not my job, if you don't like it don't play it" -Blimey what happened to customer service? they should put this mod in charge of  public relations! 

p.s  for what its worth (which is obviously nothing to a mod or GGE staff) in my opinion the ads are a pain in the rear/game destroying/ and add to that that i have to pay GGE to remove them they are little more than blackmail.

keep smiling - Wozzell
    I didn't say this about the ads, I said this to someone who complained about every aspect of the game.
    It's simple, if you don't enjoy something that's not a necessity in life, don't do it.

But, my job is to be the connection between the players and the studio, however, there is very little I can do for someone that doesn't enjoy a single part of the game. 
    I have bought minimal Rubies and am still getting this s**t

PS some don't even have the 5 second box due to the preexisting visual bugs etc. - the quickest way is to open the ad and then close the extra tab - did think of spamming the advertisers with requests for compensation - lost time is lost money !
    You wont get banned for using an adblock, however are 'breaking' tos.

I believe im allowed to say this and im not breaking any rules

WATCHING GGE

They have extensions for Edge and other browsers as well.............
    Feel free to edit ur post and add links then...

WATCHING GGE

Sign In to comment.