Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Debate about the recently added advertisements

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,942
    edited 30.10.2020
    3 adds in 10 mins while defending a triple tap thanks GGE...
    I dont get a skip add button either if I could after 5 secs would help but what a stupid way to implement it by taking the whole screen,,,
    Do you really think this will make the non ruby buyers spend?
    Don't forget we are one of your bigger income sources giving your whales someone to hit...
    I keep getting an ad when I switch  over to Ice.  As part of this morning's 14 hit parade, I had to move things around.  Getting those ads during that time was completely unacceptable.  Now I have not gotten one for a while.  But then again, I have just been keeping an eye on things, not sending Nomad hits or getting into Def screens.  

Is THAT what triggers the ad?  PLAYING the game????  Brilliant if it is...........

Just editing this in, so there is no back to back post:

So, I just went and bought a couple hundred more Def Troops and moved the weaker ones up to Ice.  As soon as I hit the TRAVEL button and entered my Ice Castle, guess what?  YEP!  Up pops the ad..........
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) GB1 Posts: 257
    I just used the term Stillfront chose...
    DUA, daily active users, generally speaking these are unique players.

Shells are a problem, but they don't make up for half the player count.

The issue with banning shells is that you need concrete evidence, which is often hard to get.
    Do you honestly believe that players are going to continuously believe the posts you are making supporting GGE for whatever reason, you state.
    Sorry I for one ignore what your responses are, as non believable. HOW do you know what the true player count is if you cannot identify, the shells, multi's and ghosts within the game. Another with his head in clouds, or choosing to ignore what is really going on.
    Wake up and smell the garbage that GGE is continuously spreading to make a buck

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    Well...adds haven't been too bad....

i've not played the game much so the adds havn't hardly bothered me at all...

....but can see them irritating me when I really want to play and then the "rage quit" will cure me of this forever :)

thank you GGE, this was the update my wife really wanted!
    I just used the term Stillfront chose...

The issue with banning shells is that you need concrete evidence, which is often hard to get.
    Do you honestly believe that players are going to continuously believe the posts you are making supporting GGE for whatever reason, you state.
    Sorry I for one ignore what your responses are, as non believable. HOW do you know what the true player count is if you cannot identify, the shells, multi's and ghosts within the game. Another with his head in clouds, or choosing to ignore what is really going on.

At least he posts.  Hardly ever hear from the others..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) GB1 Posts: 257
    True , until it gets to him as well. 
    Complaints already piling up, some alliance members getting ad's every 5min, got 3 gone offline that are normally on for a while. Lots more will do the same if PvP attacks pick up because they can see an extra chance of gaining something, and they won't worry the amount of ruby's they buy.. Wait till players need to change the defences when you have a  5-15 click attack IC. or attacks of 4 - 6  IC of 11 waves. What about sending support when seconds can make a difference, on getting there.
    NO I think GGE have shot themselves in the foot, or head with this one. Its an update that will always benefit the ruby buyers, which shows that GGE just don't care about anyone else.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 217
    Maybe a workaround..

I found clicking on the add opens a window that I shut right away and ad is gone, no more waiting 30 secs

Just not sure if it bites later on..lol
    @Fordy (AU1) you are seriously not getting the Skip Ad button?

Seriously, I just forced the ad to appear by going into the Map of the Kingdoms, selecting Ice, and pressing the Travel button.  There may be a timer as well, as I tried it again a minute later and it did not trigger.  But, I have been able to do this three times now, if I wait a bit.

I must admit that I doubt it is the best idea to advertise for other games on this.  They just might get some takers......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Nambala (AU1)Nambala (AU1) AU1 Posts: 171
    Game is growing that fast GOODGAMEGREED want more money.
    Had to laugh at game is growing fast GGE must think all 
    the thousands of SHELL accounts means it's growing . 

Why don't gge let all the shells and dodgy accounts get free rubies every day
    free wood stone food to help them grow even faster. also give them free doves
    so they can put one shell in to dove and then start another shell at same time.

one last thing what the hell are they smoking in GGE 
    Growing could also mean that its content has greatly increased.
    But according to a stillfront report the player count has also gone up a bit.
    The player count has gone up because there are now hundeds of new shells being made 
    That's not how they determine the player count, so no.
    The daily active unique players have gone up.
    the shells are more active than the regular players as they seem to operate 24 - 7 
    The shells use bots to develop faster.
    Nambala @ au 1
    http://prntscr.com/v9s4w5

Yep nothing in the normal spot bt I can set it off just by going into my ew castle
  • StylishSI (AU1)StylishSI (AU1) AU1 Posts: 135
    Dog move bro ngl get rid of the ads smh

My alliance mate couldn't confirm Def setup and lost wall bad :(
    ~ AU1 Player ~ 

Recruiter of Lost Souls @ AU1

• Hands up (GB1)Hands up (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323

Lucky @Wasso (INT3) I don't get a skip button. Maybe the give you one because they like you...

I think the adds are regional and as such some are you tube adds with skips and some are not..
  • I just used the term Stillfront chose...

Sorry I for one ignore what your responses are, as non believable.
    Just telling you what stilfront said during a press release ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HOW do you know what the true player count is if you cannot identify, the shells, multi's and ghosts within the game. Another with his head in clouds, or choosing to ignore what is really going on.
    You can't, once more, just explaining why I think ggs chose the words they did in their announcement about ads.
    Never said ads are a good or bad thing, didn't say I like or dislike them.

However, I did talk to the studio about how they intervene with regular gameplay and lead to issues from time to time.
    Not my job, if you don't like something, don't play it.

My job instead is to make this game more enjoyable for everyone with the means I have. Now I agree these are very limited, but as a team we have accomplished a lot lately. I have personally brought light to multiple exploits, that also effected the uk1 server.
    We also managed to get someone to take a look at the outer realms issue at 9pm yesterday and it helped quite a bit.
  • True , until it gets to him as well. 
    I don't think you understand the importance of the forum moderators when it comes to relying information.
    But sure, be as disrespectful as you want, doubt my integrity, say you won't listen to my advice.
    But just know, when you lose me you lose your only way of communicating your complaints...
  • Panne (AU1)Panne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    Another thing GGE has done to annoy loyal players.. if it isn't the numerous offers that flood your inboxes, it's the advertising as you log into your game.. causing disruption and not to mention frustration.  Kids play these games.. yes, you want the Advertising all mighty dollar but you wont get it that way.  Kids don't have the money. 

Isn't it hard enough to have to compete with the greedy ruby whales in the game today? And now we have to look at unwanted media as we type in our name and password and the black screen pops up advertising other games (do you really want to lose the players do other games?).

I am sick to death of having to wait for the advertising to disappear or clicking onto it and then killing the website that wants to open.  Come on GGE.. kill the advertising.

You're turning people away from the game.
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 635

Seriously, I just forced the ad to appear by going into the Map of the Kingdoms, selecting Ice, and pressing the Travel button.  There may be a timer as well, as I tried it again a minute later and it did not trigger.  But, I have been able to do this three times now, if I wait a bit.

I must admit that I doubt it is the best idea to advertise for other games on this.  They just might get some takers......

I got that skip button just now for the first time only. I guess it depends on the ad.

Seeing this ad though, it does look like GGS are preparing for a shutdown of Empire, seeing how they are trying to send players to other games. /s
    Wiglema (NL1)

I got that skip button just now for the first time only. I guess it depends on the ad.

Seeing this ad though, it does look like GGS are preparing for a shutdown of Empire, seeing how they are trying to send players to other games. /s
    @Hands up (GB1)  @Fordy (AU1)  @Wiglema (NL1) 

Yeah, it looks regional and ad specific.  I got one without the SKIP button.  :(  

Clearly one of the triggers is entering your Castle.  Another is logging into the game.  But, I stay logged in for hours and hours without entering a Castle.  Hit a round of Nomads, go back to work.  20 mins later hit another round of Nomads and go back to work.  Hours of that and no Ad.  Go to Ice castle: Ad.  Stay in Ice for a while, then change to enter Green Castle and AD.  

The REAL issue with this, is where do you HAVE to go to enter the Defense setup screen?  Must enter the Castle.  So, if the 'timer' for the Ad has expired and you get a short horn, you will likely get an Ad upon entering the Castle.  If it is one without the SKIP button, you just may be in for a marshmallow roast.

2 POSSIBLE ways to address this:  (1) Make the ads play behind the clickable areas.  This may be harder than it sounds.  (2) Make the defense setup screen accessible from the Castle Ring.  That was how you set the defense for the Alliance Capital Event.  May the Event Rest in Peace.   

Players would still have to remember to NOT PRESS the Travel button when transferring troops from OP to ICE to Main, or they may get the Ad upon entering the Castle.

It boggles the mind that this MAJOR ISSUE with the Ads didn't come up in their testing.  I KNOW it was tested, because someone posted a screen shot of the same type of Ad structure not that long ago.  I even told them it must be on their partner server doing the Ad.  I WAS WRONG.  They were clearly the Test location for the Ads.  Nothing like doing testing in Live Production Environments.  But, to think that NO ONE mentioned to "the Studio" GGS that the Ads blocked CRITICAL gameplay is real tough to believe.  Day one, I had it block my adjustments to those incomings.  Was fortunate to have the SKIP on that ad and was able to get out in 5 seconds.

But, even 5 seconds can be the difference between crushing and being crushed..................

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 619
    If you go in to the blacksmiths tent. scroll all the way down in gold part.
    In the bottom right corner there is a button you press to turn of ADS
    cost gold tokens 1 million just done it . :)
    keep smiling it's only a game 
    If it was there, I would press it.  But, just like buying rubies, it would only be for 60 days.

I agree it is just a game.  But, when the game becomes more frustrating than real life, it is time to move on.  Sometimes that is what it takes, to keep smiling.............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 619
    If it was there, I would press it.  But, just like buying rubies, it would only be for 60 days.

I agree it is just a game.  But, when the game becomes more frustrating than real life, it is time to move on.  Sometimes that is what it takes, to keep smiling.............
    Sometimes we should all move on but we have all met some decent friends on gge.
    we have also met the worst of players on here. we have also been taking for granted of GOODGAMEGREED
    for years now and that will never change. why does it take a mod to answer questions on forum.
    why can't someone who works for the company not come on and explain it .

gave up sending anything to gge now wasting my time. 
Sign In to comment.