Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

September update feedback

Comments

• Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    Zoe said:

Yeah, shame on you, spammers, I’m getting notification whenever someone posts here :D

More seriously, the feedback about 50M being too much is forwarded. Also, this change is only for the Heritage hunt version of outers, in other versions there should still be the old options of entering.

"should" or "will"? Can you confirm with certainty for us?
    If this 50m is only for one iteration, i'm still not happy but I can live with that, I will skip this version and only play the other 2 variations as it seems 95% of other players are also doing. But really 50m is far far too much, even if only one iteration, especially for an event that is the main way to get the construction tokens which you now force us to need for so many upgrades.

Tony C @ WWW 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,022
    Are GGE mad or stupid ?? 50 MILLION to join Outers.
    I have never had 50 million in all the years I have been playing.
    I won't be joining and nobody I know has joined.
    5 million would be much too much, half a million maybe,
    best would be go back to FREE
    stupidly mad :)
    flug @ nl 1
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/377455/the-glorious-update

funny how everythin gis told except the 50million entree costs . or am i missing it? :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • ZoeZoe Moderator Posts: 16,355
    Zoe said:

Yeah, shame on you, spammers, I’m getting notification whenever someone posts here :D

More seriously, the feedback about 50M being too much is forwarded. Also, this change is only for the Heritage hunt version of outers, in other versions there should still be the old options of entering.

If this 50m is only for one iteration, i'm still not happy but I can live with that, I will skip this version and only play the other 2 variations as it seems 95% of other players are also doing. But really 50m is far far too much, even if only one iteration, especially for an event that is the main way to get the construction tokens which you now force us to need for so many upgrades.
    I was told the new way of entering only applies to Heritage hunt version... it’s just that after some time, I began automatically using “should” instead of “will” :sweat_smile:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/377455/the-glorious-update

funny how everythin gis told except the 50million entree costs . or am i missing it? :)
    Well, update notes are never fully detailed... examples of some other “missing” info are price of new build items, possibly details about the new troops, how many points in each event will be required to obtrain alliance rewards and I could perhaps find more... so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes :) 
  • Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    We mundungs ain't gonna pay 50M coins 
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 230
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

I was told the new way of entering only applies to Heritage hunt version... it’s just that after some time, I began automatically using “should” instead of “will” :sweat_smile:

Well, update notes are never fully detailed... examples of some other “missing” info are price of new build items, possibly details about the new troops, how many points in each event will be required to obtrain alliance rewards and I could perhaps find more... so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes :) 
    Does "Heritage Hunt" apply only to this version of Outers or will it be the same for the others?

What I and everyone else would really like is some detail on the whole Outers situation, which is looking about as clear as the UK government's COVID-19 restrictions at the moment

In other words clear as mud
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 230
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

Does "Heritage Hunt" apply only to this version of Outers or will it be the same for the others?

What I and everyone else would really like is some detail on the whole Outers situation, which is looking about as clear as the UK government's COVID-19 restrictions at the moment

In other words clear as mud
    Oh, well... sooo :D
    - We have 3 version of OR (Outer realms) which are rotating
    - These versions are Heritage Hunt, Might and Rank swap
    - The change in entrance was only made in Heritage Hunt version
    - Might and Rank swap still have the old way of entering the event (choosing from 3 castles, paying by resources or rubies), this update didn’t affect them in any way 
    - These three versions should still (ir)regularly rotate the same way they did until now, or at least we weren’t informed about any change in this

- I have no idea (and CMs don’t have confirmation on this either) whether Heritage hunt will appear also with old way of entering, or if only this new version will appear from now on.
    - Given the feedback and significant drop of people entering this new version, because of the price, I personally believe there’s decent chance some changes will be made, but we do not have official statement on this yet, it’s just my personal opinion which can be right or wrong just like opinion of any of you.

Hope this makes it at least a bit more clear (did I turn the mud into dirty water at least? :D), if not, keep asking.
    Cheers Zoe

Makes things a little clearer now

Appreciate it ;-)

Cheers

Dave
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,948
    Zoe said:
    so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes :) 
    @Zoe you are still my favorite Moderator, but this one MAY have been intentionally excluded.  They DID give several details in the announcement:

Main Castle Transportation

Yes, you read correctly and this is probably the biggest change we had for quite some time in this event.

From now on you’ll be able to transport a copy of your main castle setup (from the Green Kingdom) to the Outer Realms. This copy will contain all the buildings that you currently own in your main castle, with the same levels.
    This includes your walls, towers, gates, and your moat. This transportation will be enabled by using a certain currency called castle passage tokens (the needed castle passage tokens will be deducted from your main castle/main account inventory). You will be able to obtain these castle passage tokens in the prebuilt castle event dialog for coins.

However it needs to be emphasized that this will only focus on the setup of your castle and its buildings: Troops, resources, currencies as well as build items that were inserted into your buildings won’t be copied!
    This also applies to any progress such as researches and Hall of Legends skills!

You will also start with a predefined number of resources and currencies (e.g. coins) and your account will start on the legendary XP level of 800. 
    Your copied castle will also have the same name as your original castle from the main server.

So, quite a few details in there.  But, they did (intentionally?) leave out the specific amounts of coins needed to enter and resources and currencies that you would start with.  The optimist would believe that it could be due to differences from Server to Server in verbiage, the Pessimist would believe it was due to a deliberate hiding of the facts.  While the Realist (yes, that is me) knows it is simply GGS being horrible at communicating what we REALLY want to know, in favor of what they want us to know..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 217
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

Does this mean the other version SS won't be occurring again??
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,948
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

Rank Swap = Snappy Swapper........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 217
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

Rank Swap = Snappy Swapper........
    No the SS version with the monoliths, its done on levels 
    Maybe you haven't played it
    Zoe said:
    so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes :) 
    @Zoe you are still my favorite Moderator, but this one MAY have been intentionally excluded.  They DID give several details in the announcement:

Yes, you read correctly and this is probably the biggest change we had for quite some time in this event.

From now on you’ll be able to transport a copy of your main castle setup (from the Green Kingdom) to the Outer Realms. This copy will contain all the buildings that you currently own in your main castle, with the same levels.
    This includes your walls, towers, gates, and your moat. This transportation will be enabled by using a certain currency called castle passage tokens (the needed castle passage tokens will be deducted from your main castle/main account inventory). You will be able to obtain these castle passage tokens in the prebuilt castle event dialog for coins.

However it needs to be emphasized that this will only focus on the setup of your castle and its buildings: Troops, resources, currencies as well as build items that were inserted into your buildings won’t be copied!
    This also applies to any progress such as researches and Hall of Legends skills!

You will also start with a predefined number of resources and currencies (e.g. coins) and your account will start on the legendary XP level of 800. 
    Your copied castle will also have the same name as your original castle from the main server.

So, quite a few details in there.  But, they did (intentionally?) leave out the specific amounts of coins needed to enter and resources and currencies that you would start with.  The optimist would believe that it could be due to differences from Server to Server in verbiage, the Pessimist would believe it was due to a deliberate hiding of the facts.  While the Realist (yes, that is me) knows it is simply GGS being horrible at communicating what we REALLY want to know, in favor of what they want us to know..........

like zoe said anouncemnets are never fully detailled .

so anouncement don't need to be taken seriously.  

Well, update notes are never fully detailed... examples of some other “missing” info are price of new build items, possibly details about the new troops, how many points in each event will be required to obtrain alliance rewards and I could perhaps find more... so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes  

Entrance costs of 50 million cannot be placed under a detail, new buildings are a detail. but it is known that players will not be happy with this update so they left it out. the question is how each announcement can still be taken seriously.
    flug @ nl 1
  • Carolyn1 (AU1)Carolyn1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    With the ridiculous amount of entry price to enter Outer Realms... I won't be going and neither will most members from Alchemists, top ally in Australia, be doing so either.

Carolyn Romani @ au 1
  • Just another thought on this my main castle has minimal resource production - as i loot from my outposts - so even if burnt wouldn't be able to repair
    - GGS must be on another planet if they think i'm going to spend actual cash on resources for this
    - and yes i buy rubies - in outers only - and a minimal ammount to gain a top 10k finish
    - just concerned that the rewards payout will be similarly affected in the other versions
    - i can achieve top 5k finishes but is a lot of time and effort and we all have r/L to deal with !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • ZoeZoe Moderator Posts: 16,355
    Zoe said:

Well, update notes are never fully detailed... examples of some other “missing” info are price of new build items, possibly details about the new troops, how many points in each event will be required to obtrain alliance rewards and I could perhaps find more... so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes  

Entrance costs of 50 million cannot be placed under a detail, new buildings are a detail. but it is known that players will not be happy with this update so they left it out. the question is how each announcement can still be taken seriously.
    Zoe said:

Oh, well... the thing is, and you of course can’t know that this happened, I asked about it in advance (as we got update notes slightly earlier than you all and I knew people would most likely ask about it anyway) and was given a reply, that the price will be most likely 50m gold - I’m convinced that if they wanted to “keep it secret” (or intentionally not communicate what you want to know) I wouldn’t have been given reply (or they would have told me they couldn’t share it/didn’t know it) and CMs did their best to answer all other (perhaps slightly weird and annoying) questions as well - which is why I’m convinced that not including it in the update notes wasn’t made with intention of keeping it a secret as long as possible, but it was rather not included because of following the usual concept of announcements (= not sharing all details). 

And on top of that, everyone found out pretty soon from the game anyway, so I think there’s no logical reason for intentionally excluding this info as the only purpose it could serve is slightly delaying the feedback - which is not beneficial at all, so why would anyone intentionally do that? 

Overall, I personally would prefer more detailed notes as well, but you know... “it is what it is”... you can never please everyone and, on the other hand, with too many details the notes would be super long and someone may think important information could get lost there... as long as we get the answers about details if we ask for them, or can see them in game soon enough, I believe it’s alright :) 

Plus feedback is being forwarded after a few days after the update happens, so what we’re forwarding is feedback given after you find the details out, not feedback based on your first impressions from the notes :) 

Zoe said:

I’m not really sure (as I don’t really play outers and don’t pay attention to them)... is that the version which ran a few times and hasn’t appeared for a while, similarly to toucans version oh horizon? If so, we most likely won’t see it anytime soon, but it is as well possible it’ll appear again at some point - simply, we don’t have any more details about it now :/ 

Just another thought on this my main castle has minimal resource production - as i loot from my outposts - so even if burnt wouldn't be able to repair
    - GGS must be on another planet if they think i'm going to spend actual cash on resources for this
    - and yes i buy rubies - in outers only - and a minimal ammount to gain a top 10k finish
    - just concerned that the rewards payout will be similarly affected in the other versions
    - i can achieve top 5k finishes but is a lot of time and effort and we all have r/L to deal with !
    We’ll forward the issue with prices for repairing buildings.  

I’ll try to find out if the change in rewards applies to other versions of outers as well....
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 635

That deadly look from the Valkyrie Sniper at the Protector of the North for wearing a mask without covering the nose...

On a more serious note: why is it called The Glorious Update? I find nothing glorious about it.

Wiglema (NL1)
  • Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

50 million coins to enter really Goodgame Mafia ?
    And you have planned 3 versions of OUTER REALMS ?

Umm!!! maybe they should be renamed

Version 1 OUTER STUPIDITY
    Version 2 OUTER NONSENCE
    Version 3 OUTER OF YOUR MINDS

:)
    Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    On a more serious note: why is it called The Glorious Update? I find nothing glorious about it.

'cos they thought it would be a bit easy (like shooting the grouse on the 12th of August here in the UK) and devised a way of taking gold off the big horders and do some rebalancing... not like the whales would notice the real cost until they'd clicked the button a few times to get entry and then wondered where all the horded gold went.....

Along with the "only active players" getting the alliance rewards this could be a very cleverly planned update towards some much needed longer term developments.....
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

Zoe said:

Oh, well... the thing is, and you of course can’t know that this happened, I asked about it in advance (as we got update notes slightly earlier than you all and I knew people would most likely ask about it anyway) and was given a reply, that the price will be most likely 50m gold - I’m convinced that if they wanted to “keep it secret” (or intentionally not communicate what you want to know) I wouldn’t have been given reply (or they would have told me they couldn’t share it/didn’t know it) and CMs did their best to answer all other (perhaps slightly weird and annoying) questions as well - which is why I’m convinced that not including it in the update notes wasn’t made with intention of keeping it a secret as long as possible, but it was rather not included because of following the usual concept of announcements (= not sharing all details). 

And on top of that, everyone found out pretty soon from the game anyway, so I think there’s no logical reason for intentionally excluding this info as the only purpose it could serve is slightly delaying the feedback - which is not beneficial at all, so why would anyone intentionally do that? 

Overall, I personally would prefer more detailed notes as well, but you know... “it is what it is”... you can never please everyone and, on the other hand, with too many details the notes would be super long and someone may think important information could get lost there... as long as we get the answers about details if we ask for them, or can see them in game soon enough, I believe it’s alright :) 

Plus feedback is being forwarded after a few days after the update happens, so what we’re forwarding is feedback given after you find the details out, not feedback based on your first impressions from the notes :) 

Zoe said:

I’m not really sure (as I don’t really play outers and don’t pay attention to them)... is that the version which ran a few times and hasn’t appeared for a while, similarly to toucans version oh horizon? If so, we most likely won’t see it anytime soon, but it is as well possible it’ll appear again at some point - simply, we don’t have any more details about it now :/ 

Just another thought on this my main castle has minimal resource production - as i loot from my outposts - so even if burnt wouldn't be able to repair
    We’ll forward the issue with prices for repairing buildings.  

I’ll try to find out if the change in rewards applies to other versions of outers as well....
    nice political answer.   
    flug @ nl 1
Sign In to comment.